PDA

View Full Version : Been watching World's strongest man competition year by year

CavaliersFTW
10-31-2014, 04:42 PM
However, have not watched in chronological order, but I've seen almost every year now, save for a few in the early 90's which I'll soon get too... gotta say, I was most captivated by the Kazmier/Capes/Siggmarson battles in the 1980's. Was so entertained I've watched a few of the 1980's years twice now just to see those guys compete. Those three were so damn epic, great competitors and personalities, I think all the years afterwards the field of competitors seem to be missing the dynamic those three guys had. Who else is a fan of that competition, and who are your favorite competitors and what are your favorite years?

Timmy D for MVP
10-31-2014, 04:52 PM
I don't go so deep as to know the names of the athletes are the years but I did watch a lot of it in the background when it was airing on like ESPN 2 back in the day. I was a big fan of that one where they have to hold the two giant pillars, and the one time when the competition was in Africa and they had to carry a super heavy Africa shaped stone and run with it.