PDA

View Full Version : Unpopular opinion

Prometheus
10-31-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm curious to see if anyone else agrees with me on this. I thought the Miami trio coming together was actually pretty cool, and it made me like LeBron more. But now this Cleveland situation is making me hate him.

I thought Miami was cool for a few reasons. First, the East was a joke at the time as no one really had any chance against a healthy Boston squad. If KG never got injured and the Heatles never formed, Boston would have been in the Finals five or six years in a row.

I also liked the fact that the players were exerting more control. It's like Wade and LeBron were talking one day about how much Boston pissed them off, and suddenly they realized "you know, if we could play together, we could **** them up" and so they went and made it happen.

Finally, I thought it was cool how LeBron just didn't give a shit what people thought of him (or so I thought). It seemed kinda like a big "**** you, I want to ride with my friends and be on a dominant team, and I'd rather live on South Beach than in shitty Cleveland". I respect anyone who really couldn't care less how other perceive them.

But this Cleveland thing is really exposing some more obvious things about this clown. How can anyone believe the bullshit about "making things right" or "winning it for Ohio"? If he cared like that, he never would have left. He came back because he thought it was a great chance to win more championships and improve his brand with more positive PR. The commercials and all the phony ESPN praise are literally making me nauseous.

It seems so logical to me, I can't be the only one. Is there any other ISHer who actually liked Miami LeBron and hates him now that he's back in Cleveland?

JohnMax
10-31-2014, 07:28 PM
Bosh is underpaid if scrubs like Klay Thompson get 17 million a year

ArbitraryWater
10-31-2014, 07:32 PM
The main reason why he went back to Cleveland is winning titles, OBVIOUSLY.. But thats just what every smart athlete that wants to win would do.

Now that the media is pushing that homecoming shit he kind of got to go with it... The letter was more so for the actual people in Cleveland who were still suspicious, like an RBA, to win them back over...

But I cant draw anything out of this that would make him less likable, besides for some going to a team to have a better chance of winning.. But the way his teammates looked in the finals? damn, cant blame him.

Prometheus
10-31-2014, 07:35 PM
The main reason why he went back to Cleveland is winning titles, OBVIOUSLY.. But thats just what every smart athlete that wants to win would do.

Now that the media is pushing that homecoming shit he kind of got to go with it... The letter was more so for the actual people in Cleveland who were still suspicious, like a RBA, to win them back over...

But I cant draw anything out of this that would make him less likable, besides for some going to a team to have a better chance of winning.. But the way his teammates looked in the finals? damn, cant blame him.

Man it really hit me last night watching his pre-game speech. I was already starting to hate him but that was like the nail in the coffin. "This is gonna be one of the biggest sports spectacles of all time" ... "This is gonna be special! so make sure you appreciate this!" ... "I know this has a lot to do with me, I understand that, but I wouldn't wanna do it with no one but y'all" ... how can you hear any of that garbage and still want to support this guy? What a clown. I'm so glad he went limp dick for opening night. I hope Melo drops a game winner on him every time they play from now on.

ArbitraryWater
10-31-2014, 07:39 PM
Man it really hit me last night watching his pre-game speech. I was already starting to hate him but that was like the nail in the coffin. "This is gonna be one of the biggest sports spectacles of all time" ... "This is gonna be special! so make sure you appreciate this!" ... "I know this has a lot to do with me, I understand that, but I wouldn't wanna do it with no one but y'all" ... how can you hear any of that garbage and still want to support this guy? What a clown. I'm so glad he went limp dick for opening night. I hope Melo drops a game winner on him every time they play from now on.

Eh, just bullshit talk.. Who cares? Just a pregame speech... Probably didnt prepare much for it...

It was pretty big, felt like a finals game in the 1st... dont get the huge reaction.

JT123
10-31-2014, 07:47 PM
So you think Lebron had ulterior motives for returning to Cleveland? What an original thought provoking opinion OP. :applause: Not a single other ISH poster has said that over the last few months.

ctown4eva
10-31-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm curious to see if anyone else agrees with me on this. I thought the Miami trio coming together was actually pretty cool, and it made me like LeBron more. But now this Cleveland situation is making me hate him.

I thought Miami was cool for a few reasons. First, the East was a joke at the time as no one really had any chance against a healthy Boston squad. If KG never got injured and the Heatles never formed, Boston would have been in the Finals five or six years in a row.

I also liked the fact that the players were exerting more control. It's like Wade and LeBron were talking one day about how much Boston pissed them off, and suddenly they realized "you know, if we could play together, we could **** them up" and so they went and made it happen.

Finally, I thought it was cool how LeBron just didn't give a shit what people thought of him (or so I thought). It seemed kinda like a big "**** you, I want to ride with my friends and be on a dominant team, and I'd rather live on South Beach than in shitty Cleveland". I respect anyone who really couldn't care less how other perceive them.

But this Cleveland thing is really exposing some more obvious things about this clown. How can anyone believe the bullshit about "making things right" or "winning it for Ohio"? If he cared like that, he never would have left. He came back because he thought it was a great chance to win more championships and improve his brand with more positive PR. The commercials and all the phony ESPN praise are literally making me nauseous.

It seems so logical to me, I can't be the only one. Is there any other ISHer who actually liked Miami LeBron and hates him now that he's back in Cleveland?

I'll lay it out for you.

The Cavs team he left had zero assets and very little young talent. They were old af.

The Cavs team he returns to is young af, has tons of upside, and even after putting the team together still has trade assets.

He could not win with the old team. It'd never happen. The new team? They are very likely to win at least one at some point, even if it isn't this year.

chips93
10-31-2014, 08:16 PM
if all lebron cared about was winning titles, why didnt he sign in houston?

he is the best player in the league, he could have forced himself onto any team in the league practically?

if he wanted to sign with the clippers, he could have gotten a sign and trade with DJ, and that would be a better team than the one in cleveland right now.

Dro
10-31-2014, 08:22 PM
I don't buy the bs either........The Heat would have still easily had the best team in the East and another chance at a ring.....They just needed add a couple role players......

ArbitraryWater
10-31-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't buy the bs either........The Heat would have still easily had the best team in the East and another chance at a ring.....They just needed add a couple role players......

Huh? So you think he still had the best chance of winning in Miami?

Then how the **** can you not believe the "I'm Coming Home / This is where my Heart is" Story?

That doesn't make any sense, dawg... You're contradicting yourself.

Prometheus
10-31-2014, 08:53 PM
So you think Lebron had ulterior motives for returning to Cleveland? What an original thought provoking opinion OP. :applause: Not a single other ISH poster has said that over the last few months.

:facepalm

No you moron, it's an unpopular opinion because everyone cast him as a villain in Miami and a hero upon his return to Cleveland. I'm saying I liked the decision to go to Miami and rooted for him there, and I hate the decision to go back to Cleveland and now I will root against him. I hope your parents sent you to public school, because if that reading comprehension comes from an education that someone paid for, then...

:wtf:

Lebronxrings
10-31-2014, 09:03 PM
If lebron had westbrook, harden, ibaka, he would have more rings than bill russel.

dubeta
10-31-2014, 09:17 PM
So are you basically calling lebron a fraud? :facepalm

JT123
10-31-2014, 09:20 PM
:facepalm

No you moron, it's an unpopular opinion because everyone cast him as a villain in Miami and a hero upon his return to Cleveland. I'm saying I liked the decision to go to Miami and rooted for him there, and I hate the decision to go back to Cleveland and now I will root against him. I hope your parents sent you to public school, because if that reading comprehension comes from an education that someone paid for, then...

:wtf:
You're just one of those people who likes to go against the popular opinion so you can feel like the smartest guy in the room. :oldlol:
So pathetic.

dubeta
10-31-2014, 09:22 PM
OP probably thinks LeBron went to Cavs to collude :oldlol:

Can't see the uplifting Bron is doing in the community :applause:

JT123
10-31-2014, 09:25 PM
OP probably thinks LeBron went to Cavs to collude :oldlol:

Can't see the uplifting Bron is doing in the community :applause:
Lebron could save 5 kids from a burning building, and idiots like OP would claim he only did it for the PR. :roll:

NBAplayoffs2001
10-31-2014, 09:26 PM

Well thought out. Repped

Prometheus
10-31-2014, 09:31 PM
You're just one of those people who likes to go against the popular opinion so you can feel like the smartest guy in the room. :oldlol:
So pathetic.

Really, am I?

Then why do I think MJ is the G.O.A.T., and why is he, by far, my favorite player?