PDA

View Full Version : is this the worst lakers team ever???

NZStreetBaller
11-01-2014, 02:13 AM
I have watched live basketball pre kobe bryants early days.
Yes kobe is a legend but hes past his prime but man the whole team is just awful. Awful players awful chemistry awful defense awful offense. Take kobe out of the line up and this team could potentially go 0 - 82.

I hate to say it but dayum. Besides kobe they literally have nothing offfense defence. Nothing

Cocaine80s
11-01-2014, 02:14 AM
Lin and Davis looked better than Kobe tho?

I Love the Game
11-01-2014, 02:44 AM
Lakers gave the Clippers a run for their money and literally lost the majority of their talent to injuries before game 1 of the season was even over.

For having a 36 year old Kobe, a bunch of mediocre roleplayers and being stuck in a ridiculously competitive conference they don't look that bad. They are kind of performing as expected up to the predictions of any Lakers fan who has half a brain.

We were struggling to win games with Kobe and Dwight - I don't understand how people are actually getting off to putting down a team with an aging superstar and a handful of dudes who could be sent to the D League.

Brokenbeat
11-01-2014, 03:45 AM
Lakers gave the Clippers a run for their money and literally lost the majority of their talent to injuries before game 1 of the season was even over.

For having a 36 year old Kobe, a bunch of mediocre roleplayers and being stuck in a ridiculously competitive conference they don't look that bad. They are kind of performing as expected up to the predictions of any Lakers fan who has half a brain.

We were struggling to win games with Kobe and Dwight - I don't understand how people are actually getting off to putting down a team with an aging superstar and a handful of dudes who could be sent to the D League.

What's hard to understand? Any team that's been as dominate as the Lakers have been gets kicked while they're down.

I Love the Game
11-01-2014, 03:55 AM
What's hard to understand? Any team that's been as dominate as the Lakers have been gets kicked while they're down.

I suppose. As a Lakers fan it hurt a lot more to see Jackson not get hired and the Dwight/Kobe team look atrocious together all year long - now that season was actually painful.

I think we can all admit expectations have been and are extremely low for this current roster. I'm just enjoying watching Kobe do his thing and just moved 1 train stop from Staples and ticket prices are super affordable when we are this bad :lol

RoundMoundOfReb
11-01-2014, 03:58 AM
Well last year's was the worst in recent memory and they replaced Jodie Meeks with a more ball dominant/worse sg.....so yeah

cranincu
11-01-2014, 04:00 AM
lin, ed davis and jordan hill are all good enough and everyone else is a scrub including kob and im saying that as a dude thatd suck kobe knob if he were to present it to me

Brokenbeat
11-01-2014, 04:07 AM
I suppose. As a Lakers fan it hurt a lot more to see Jackson not get hired and the Dwight/Kobe team look atrocious together all year long - now that season was actually painful.

I think we can all admit expectations have been and are extremely low for this current roster. I'm just enjoying watching Kobe do his thing and just moved 1 train stop from Staples and ticket prices are super affordable when we are this bad :lol

Just scroll up to see how hard they try to get under your skin, lol. What they don't realize is that they actually hold the Lakers to a higher standard than they do most other teams. That's why they enjoy seeing them lose more than the perennial losers in the league. It's basic psychology and easy to laugh at once you know where it's coming from. :cheers:

disel
11-01-2014, 04:22 AM
Lin average to max above average.
Kobe washed up has been but even then he is their best player
Wes Johnson is terrible
Boozer is another has been playing on his last legs
Hill sux

Bench is farcical outside of Ed davis

QuebecBaller
11-01-2014, 09:07 AM
what about the Smush/Kwame/Mihm era?

BigTicket
11-01-2014, 09:21 AM
The worst Lakers team ever was the 57-58 team that won 26.4% of it's games, doing that today would mean winning 22 games.

So will this current team win 21 or less ? It's possible, but I don't think they will be quite that bad. More like 25-28 wins.

SwayDizzle
11-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Give it some time. This is a new group of guys that still need to get to know each other on the court and understand their roles on the team. If they don't let these early losses get to them, they may turn out decent.

Magic731
11-01-2014, 09:42 AM
what about the Smush/Kwame/Mihm era?
Still had a prime Kobe putting up 35 a game with his eyes closed.

SwayDizzle
11-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Kobe can still put up big numbers. He will get into form within 10 games.

chris02jammers
11-01-2014, 11:04 AM

really???? EYES CLOSED????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Kobe is still a top 5 player, but this is still the worst supporting cast in the history of this franchise.

NZStreetBaller
11-02-2014, 06:09 AM
Kobe is still a top 5 player, but this is still the worst supporting cast in the history of this franchise.

0 - 4 now ?? :facepalm

Cocaine80s
11-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Kobe should demand to be traded. Seriously, Kobe in NY, Chicago, or shit maybe even OKC would be better for the league

mehyaM24
11-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Kobe should demand to be traded. Seriously, Kobe in NY, Chicago, or shit maybe even OKC would be better for the league
Kobe holding the Lakers back (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357896)

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2014, 07:36 AM
The highest-paid player in the league can't demand to be traded, especially not when he just signed his deal. And if he did, almost no one is coming up with 20+ mil in players to make the deal work. Only possibility is NY with Stoudamire. And then we have LA trading the only box office attraction on their team for a guy with unuinsurable knees. No way does LA do that. Bryant is staying right where he is.

mehyaM24
11-02-2014, 07:41 AM
The highest-paid player in the league can't demand to be traded, especially not when he just signed his deal. And if he did, almost no one is coming up with 20+ mil in players to make the deal work. Only possibility is NY with Stoudamire. And then we have LA trading the only box office attraction on their team for a guy with unuinsurable knees. No way does LA do that. Bryant is staying right where he is.
if it were to go down - this would probably help the lakers more than the knicks anyway. the lakers are not going to win any games. unloading Kobe's heavy paycheck is great for the Lakers.

sbw19
11-02-2014, 07:59 AM
More in the running for most injury-ridden.

Real Men Wear Green
11-02-2014, 08:23 AM
if it were to go down - this would probably help the lakers more than the knicks anyway. the lakers are not going to win any games. unloading Kobe's heavy paycheck is great for the Lakers.
Like a lot of fan/analysts you are forgetting that the Lakers are a business. It is a horrible idea, financially, to trade away your main attraction for a player that no one is interested in anymore. Not to mention the only difference is one season of cap relief. L.A. will have to rebuild so that is some help but it's not enough help to justify the potential fan revolt if they lose Bryant for nothing. Any return on a Bryant trade still has be huge for it to work for the Lakers.