PDA

View Full Version : You predicted 15 wins? Suns got 48. You predict 40 wins? Suns stride to the Playoffs.

OmniStrife
11-01-2014, 08:13 AM
You can jabber on about talent, all-stars whatever...
cause it's basically the same roster you had as the 30th / 29th seed a year before.
This team got more HEART than 90% of the league.

You doubt them? They are LOVING IT!

They got 48 wins not cause of so-called proven "talent" or perennial all-stars,
they got it by guts, sweat, chemistry and HEART.
They were the 4th seed in the west when Bledsoe got hurt.

We just beat SA while shooting 40% from the field and 11% from 3.

Things you doubters should know:

You can't stop Dragic / Bledsoe AND IT...
The Morris twins got even better
Alex Len finally looks like a top 5 pick
Our best defender isn't even back yet

Magic731
11-01-2014, 08:21 AM
Suns looking good. Thomas won them that game today, he was huge in the fourth quarter. Alex Len was more than solid. If Morris gives 20/10 along with the three headed guard attack, they will be very scary.

I don't think anyone is underrating them anymore though. That was last season. and really unless you were a hardcore Suns fan there was no reason to rate them at the beginning of last season. But they have surprised everyone and are no longer underdogs. Knocking off the reigning champs is a great start to their season. An exciting team to watch.

kurple
11-01-2014, 08:22 AM
i guilty of underrating PHX. but i dont care. everyone underrates the nuggets (who IMO will have a better record than the suns)

OmniStrife
11-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Suns looking good. Thomas won them that game today, he was huge in the fourth quarter. Alex Len was more than solid. If Morris gives 20/10 along with the three headed guard attack, they will be very scary.

I don't think anyone is underrating them anymore though. That was last season. and really unless you were a hardcore Suns fan there was no reason to rate them at the beginning of last season. But they have surprised everyone and are no longer underdogs. Knocking off the reigning champs is a great start to their season. An exciting team to watch.
The offense will be there regardless,
With the Morri / 3 headed PG beast / G. Green and even TJ Warren we are offensively STACKED.
It's all down to defense.

I have confidence in our per. D, I just hope our rim protection gets better with Len and Plumlee this year.

Magic731
11-01-2014, 08:35 AM
The offense will be there regardless,
With the Morri / 3 headed PG beast / G. Green and even TJ Warren we are offensively STACKED.
It's all down to defense.

I have confidence in our per. D, I just hope our rim protection gets better with Len and Plumlee this year.
I think Len has potential to be an elite rim protector. That dude is BIG. And young as hell, what is he 21 or something?

OmniStrife
11-01-2014, 08:42 AM
I think Len has potential to be an elite rim protector. That dude is BIG. And young as hell, what is he 21 or something?
Yes.

Hes not very skillful as of yet, bet he shows good rhythm and a natural feel for the game.

Shade8780
11-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Suns are doing very good, I'm not underrating them, but I think the Celtics can surprise a lot of people like the Suns did last season. Not being a homer, but if we continue to play like this and if Rondo stays, then we could have a 40-win team on our hands. Also got that two PG lineup with Rondo and Smart.

livingby3's
11-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Just when you thought they couldn't go any faster

La Frescobaldi
11-01-2014, 08:57 AM
they did look real good tho I think that ankle roll bothered Duncan more than he showed.

Len was the real deal in that single, individual, sole game. He can run for sure

Slim_Slugga
11-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Like i said in the game thread suns are a cute little team. They beat a coasting spurs team tho that dont care about the reg season. They have to make the playoffs first to get my respect

Magic731
11-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Already got a Denver fan in this thread thinking they will win more games than the Suns and Celtics fan predicting 40+ wins. But no bias at all.

T_L_P
11-01-2014, 10:18 AM

One solid game and he looks like a top 5 pick?

OmniStrife
11-01-2014, 10:24 AM
One solid game and he looks like a top 5 pick?
He was good in pre-season as well, and altered lots of shots vs. the Lakers.

IncarceratedBob
11-01-2014, 11:55 AM
They're not winning a championship anytime soon so what's the point lol

AnaheimLakers24
11-01-2014, 11:58 AM
they will never win a title

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 12:00 PM
They're not winning a championship anytime soon so what's the point lol

They're a great, exciting team... Pay respect to these awesome West teams.

BuffaloBill
11-01-2014, 12:06 PM
It's gonna be a fight but they can make the playoffs. They just gotta take those must win games like they did last night. They won't be able to let up at all if they want a seed this year in the wild Wild West

OmniStrife
11-01-2014, 12:25 PM
they will never win a title
I'm sure you Fakers fans said the same about Dallas pre 11

**** off outta here and good luck at being relevant again.

Legends66NBA7
11-01-2014, 12:40 PM
cause it's basically the same roster you had as the 30th / 29th seed a year before.

That's fine and all, but is there any weakness about the Suns that you would like to talk about ?

wakencdukest
11-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Definitely playoff bound this year. Their backcourt is set, if Plumdog brings the energy consistently and Len lives up to his potential, they could be a dangerous team.

MellowYellow
11-01-2014, 02:38 PM
The suns are the best team in the west and they proved it last night.

Beat the Spurs
OKC gon mess around and miss the playoffs due to injuries
Clips can barely beat the Lakers/OKC without their superstars

Optimus Prime
11-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Why so excited over a first round exit, at best? :confusedshrug:

BuffaloBill
11-01-2014, 02:47 PM
The suns are the best team in the west and they proved it last night.

Beat the Spurs
OKC gon mess around and miss the playoffs due to injuries
Clips can barely beat the Lakers/OKC without their superstars

6-8 seed at best, if they're lucky.

MellowYellow
11-01-2014, 02:48 PM
6-8 seed at best, if they're lucky.
Says you

livingby3's
11-01-2014, 03:09 PM
They a good team now, and I'm glad Horny's running his rotations well, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Unless Len becomes a beast n shows some consistency, our front court still blows when u pit them against the top notch big men in the west.

We won against a whacked Lakers team n a Spurs team with a 38 yo Tim Duncan, and we beat them how we should have, using our depth at guards. (ofc not forgetting Len who contributed greatly).
That's great, but I would want to see how we play against teams with real bigs that could offset the advantage at guards we have. If Len showcases himself regularly like he did against the Spurs, we gonna be a really good team, could potentially fight for 4-6 in the WC.

Nonetheless I hope the team keeps playing hard each night and winning games which they should. The Suns' coach's a big factor, in Horny I trust.

Kobe_6/8
06-29-2015, 06:14 AM

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/drink-smoke-pacino.gif

It's okay, there's always next season buddy.

JerryWest
06-29-2015, 06:16 AM
OP officially missing :roll:

OmniStrife
06-29-2015, 06:59 AM
Well, obviously I didn't see us trading away our best player mid-season :sleeping

Sportal
06-29-2015, 07:12 AM
What do you think of the reported Knight deal?

OmniStrife
06-29-2015, 10:32 AM
What do you think of the reported Knight deal?
He's less talented then Bled but I like him more as a 2nd option than Bledsoe as a 1st.
Hopefully we can get someone great for Bledsoe in a trade.

Hittin_Shots
06-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Suns went full retarded mid season..

ShackEelOKneel
06-29-2015, 11:16 AM
Well, obviously I didn't see us trading away our best player mid-season :sleeping

Not that it made a huge difference, because he was traded away for chemistry issues, one of the things you boasted about in the OP.