PDA

View Full Version : I have to say it...Kobe is still a top 5 player in his 19th season.

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 10:35 AM
There are not 5 better players in this current NBA. No way, no how. Kobe still has it, just be objective and watch the games. Kobe lacks nothing. Kobe has the worst supporting cast in the NBA, but individually, he is still top 5.

Watch the damn games and be objective.

Im Still Ballin
11-01-2014, 10:42 AM
http://share.gifyoutube.com/vMgPzO.gif

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 10:45 AM
http://share.gifyoutube.com/vMgPzO.gif

:applause:

The mac has returned, indeed.

kurple
11-01-2014, 10:51 AM
There are not 5 better players in this current NBA. No way, no how. Kobe still has it, just be objective and watch the games. Kobe lacks nothing. Kobe has the worst supporting cast in the NBA, but individually, he is still top 5.

:coleman:

chris02jammers
11-01-2014, 11:00 AM

LeBron
Griffin
Anthony Davis
Stephen Curry
Harden

Ooooppsss sorry that is not top 5 hahahaha... nice trying :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:08 AM
LeBron
Griffin
Anthony Davis
Stephen Curry
Harden

Ooooppsss sorry that is not top 5 hahahaha... nice trying :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Kobe > all of those players.

BuffaloBill
11-01-2014, 11:11 AM
LeBron
Griffin
Anthony Davis
Stephen Curry
Harden

Harden aint top 5

STATUTORY
11-01-2014, 11:12 AM
LeBron
Griffin
Anthony Davis
Stephen Curry
Harden

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm :facepalm :rolleyes:

IGOTGAME
11-01-2014, 11:12 AM
LeBron
Griffin
Anthony Davis
Stephen Curry
Harden

Kobe isn't top 5 but he is better than Steph Curry. Curry is not 10

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Davis isn't top 5 until he leads a team to the playoffs. Not even in the discussion. He has a TON of talent around him, too.

What is wrong with people these days.

RRR3
11-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Bran
KD
CP3
WB
AD
BG
D12
Love
Curry
Melo
Paul George
Rose
Harden
Wade
Bosh
LMA
Wall
Dirk
Tim Duncan

:confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 11:20 AM

Kobe is not better than Steph Curry holy shit :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

RRR3
11-01-2014, 11:21 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:22 AM

Curry is on the 2nd most stacked team in the NBA.

He is nowhere near as good as Kobe.

You have to make a conference finals to be mentioned in the same breath.

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Okay so Davis needs to make the playoffs and Curry the WCF to your arbitrary bullshit... Although I'd like to hear what exactly makes them worse as PLAYERS.

Im Still Ballin
Bran
KD
CP3
WB
AD
BG
D12
Love
Curry
Melo
Paul George
Rose
Harden
Wade
Bosh
LMA
Wall
Dirk
Tim Duncan

Where is the best center in the league?

RRR3

Delusional :oldlol:

Real14
LeBron
Griffin
Anthony Davis
Stephen Curry
Harden

no melo?:biggums:

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Okay so Davis needs to make the playoffs and Curry the WCF to your arbitrary bullshit... Although I'd like to hear what exactly makes them worse as PLAYERS.

They can't lead their teams anywhere...so far. They have stacked teams and no excuses.

Kobe has proven time and time again that he leads stacked teams to the pot of gold.

And the most important thing is, Kobe is STILL Kobe. He still has his ENTIRE game.

IGOTGAME
11-01-2014, 11:27 AM

I think Curry is the overrated player on this planet. Guy gets so many passes, if he was really as good as you people say then that team should win the damn title. Truth is you cant win 4 playoff series in a row with a "pg" playing the way Steph does.

If you put Kobe on GS then they would be in the Finals this year.

Jameerthefear
11-01-2014, 11:28 AM
I think Curry is the overrated player on this planet. Guy gets so many passes, if he was really as good as you people say then that team should win the damn title. Truth is you cant win 4 playoff series in a row with a "pg" playing the way Steph does.
ur so stupid. poor u.

RRR3
11-01-2014, 11:28 AM
24 PPG on 40% shooting. :bowdown: looking like wizards MJ

Still top 5 doe :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:29 AM

I think Klay Thompson is the Warriors best overall player.

RRR3
11-01-2014, 11:29 AM

Ah okay you're a complete moron, thanks for clearing that up.

IGOTGAME
11-01-2014, 11:30 AM
ur so stupid. poor u.

i see you didnt have time to spell everything out. I'm sure you are busy watching hentai or whatever sick stuff you do. Better get this out you system while you're young pedo.

RRR3
11-01-2014, 11:31 AM

I think Klay Thompson is the Warriors best overall player.
:roll: oh, what a fcking idiot!

Jesus ****ing Christ the idiocy in this thread

DMAVS41
11-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Too early to tell where he ranks...

But remember...Kobe didn't play much his first two seasons and has missed quite a few games due to injury.

For example...since 1999:

Dirk has played 1,325 games including the playoffs

Kobe has played 1,298 games including the playoffs

Considering Kobe hardly put any miles on his body his first two years (he started a combined 7 games in his first two years)...kind of have to tap the brakes like he has a ton more miles on his body or something than other guys.

For Dirk, not only did he have to carry his team more often and play with less help, he also played internationally far more than Kobe as well.

Also, I'd definitely take Dirk (if he plays at 90% the level he did last year) over what I'm seeing from Kobe so far this season.

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Kobe mister 24/4/4 on 40% as defensive liablity on perhaps the worst team in the league >> Steph Curry, GOAT shooter in his prime, 24/5/9 on 47% as best player on a contender :roll:

You people are insanely brainwashed.

And btw, the gap is bigger than the stats would tell you.

IGOTGAME
11-01-2014, 11:33 AM
:roll: oh, what a fcking idiot!

Jesus ****ing Christ the idiocy in this thread

Klay plays a game more conducive to winning titles. Steph doesn't. Switch Step with Kobe and this team would be in the finals. They are absolutely stacked.

Real14
11-01-2014, 11:34 AM
ur so stupid. poor u.
yep just like the 0-2 magic.:applause:

K Xerxes
11-01-2014, 11:34 AM

You know an argument stands on nothing when useless hypotheticals like this are thrown around like they're certain. So far, the only thing Kobe has been leading the Lakers into is losses - and, while his stats are impressive for a vet in his 19th year, they are not anything exceptional when compared league wide. Blame supporting cast all you want, but facts are facts...

When you compare players to other players in this league, you don't get extra brownie points for being old.

navy
11-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Have you actually seen the Warriors ratings when Curry is on the floor?

RRR3
11-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Klay plays a game more conducive to winning titles. Steph doesn't. Switch Step with Kobe and this team would be in the finals. They are absolutely stacked.
Oh really grampa Kobe is gonna be their PG and lead them to the finals by shooting 40%?

Please, tell me more about the mythical black mamba

IGOTGAME
11-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Kobe mister 24/4/4 on 40% as defensive liablity on perhaps the worst team in the league >> Steph Curry, GOAT shooter in his prime, 24/5/9 on 47% as best player on a contender :roll:

You people are insanely brainwashed.

And btw, the gap is bigger than the stats would tell you.

Curry is a defensive liability at a stacked position. He also lacks pg skills when teams lock in...this has been seen in every playoff series that he has been in. He lacks the handle and ability to create plays once he pet pocket passes are taken away.

In a vacuum Curry will put up better stats. You just cant win if Curry is your best player. That team would be better off with a lot of players. Like I said, Kobe would be in the Finals either this year or next with that team. Just look at the roster and disagree that those wouldnt be the expectations.

Livingston
Klay
Kobe
Lee
Bogut

Barnes
Iggy
Barbosa
Rush
Draymond
Festus

That is a titles. People just dont understand how Kobe's presence on the floor distorts defenses. With all those weapons they are winning a title. Wizards Jordan would do the same thing with a team like that. Obviously in a vacumn Curry puts up better stats then old Kobe or old Jordan but they aren't conducive to Championship basketball.

I'll bump this when the Warriors lose in the second round again.

IGOTGAME
11-01-2014, 11:41 AM
You know an argument stands on nothing when useless hypotheticals like this are thrown around like they're certain. So far, the only thing Kobe has been leading the Lakers into is losses - and, while his stats are impressive for a vet in his 19th year, they are not anything exceptional when compared league wide. Blame supporting cast all you want, but facts are facts...

When you compare players to other players in this league, you don't get extra brownie points for being old.

My argument is very narrow. I stand by those two statements.

1. Kobe would make GS a better team.

2. Curry is very overrated and is not a top 10 player.

DMAVS41
11-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Curry is a defensive liability at a stacked position. He also lacks pg skills when teams lock in...this has been seen in every playoff series that he has been in. He lacks the handle and ability to create plays once he pet pocket passes are taken away.

In a vacuum Curry will put up better stats. You just cant win if Curry is your best player. That team would be better off with a lot of players. Like I said, Kobe would be in the Finals either this year or next with that team. Just look at the roster and disagree that those wouldnt be the expectations.

Livingston
Klay
Kobe
Lee
Bogut

Barnes
Iggy
Barbosa
Rush
Draymond
Festus

That is a titles. People just dont understand how Kobe's presence on the floor distorts defenses. With all those weapons they are winning a title. Wizards Jordan would do the same thing with a team like that. Obviously in a vacumn Curry puts up better stats then old Kobe or old Jordan but they aren't conducive to Championship basketball.

I'll bump this when the Warriors lose in the second round again.

Kobe's defense is no better than Curry's...certainly not in any sustainable way over the season and into the playoffs...and Curry is just a better offensive force.

Sorry.

And no, Kobe would not make that team better. Curry's shooting and passing is paramount for that team. Playing Kobe at pg or moving him or klay to the 3 would be awful.

IGOTGAME
11-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Have you actually seen the Warriors ratings when Curry is on the floor?

yea, they dont win anything. I dont understand how fans take some much from regular season basketball. The only thing that matters is figuring out what is going to translate to later rounds of playoff basketball. With Curry, he doesnt have the ability to run the point and make good decisions against good defenses in the playoffs.

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Too early to tell where he ranks...

But remember...Kobe didn't play much his first two seasons and has missed quite a few games due to injury.

For example...since 1999:

Dirk has played 1,325 games including the playoffs

Kobe has played 1,298 games including the playoffs

Considering Kobe hardly put any miles on his body his first two years (he started a combined 7 games in his first two years)...kind of have to tap the brakes like he has a ton more miles on his body or something than other guys.

For Dirk, not only did he have to carry his team more often and play with less help, he also played internationally far more than Kobe as well.

Also, I'd definitely take Dirk (if he plays at 90% the level he did last year) over what I'm seeing from Kobe so far this season.

:biggums:

Kobe has played 54,300 minutes in his NBA career.

Dirk is at 48,202.

Kobe has played 6,100 more NBA minutes. :biggums:

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Curry last year was aruagly a better offensive player than LeBron.... He MADE that Offense... Scoring, playmaking, dishing it out...He has huge impact on their team.

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:47 AM
I also have a hard time seeing a Curry led team winning a title with his style of play.

Time will tell, though.

ArbitraryWater
It doesn't even matter how early Curry loses... This is one of the greatest, most loaded conferences ever.... The ****ing Rockets with Dwight/Harden might be a lottery team...

IGOTGAME
Kobe's defense is no better than Curry's...certainly not in any sustainable way over the season and into the playoffs...and Curry is just a better offensive force.

Sorry.

And no, Kobe would not make that team better. Curry's shooting and passing is paramount for that team. Playing Kobe at pg or moving him or klay to the 3 would be awful.

Its easier to hide Kobe than Currry. And Kobe could play the 3. The team would be great.

Curry will give you better numbers and be a better "offensive force" at this stage but he will never win anything.

My arguments are:

1. Kobe makes GS better playoff basketball team.

2. Curry is overrated. Many guards make this team better.

DMAVS41
11-01-2014, 11:48 AM

Kobe has played 54,300 minutes in his NBA career.

Dirk is at 48,202.

Kobe has played 6,100 more NBA minutes. :biggums:

And, like I said, more than half of those minutes come in Kobe's first two years in which he didn't start and wasn't relied on at all.

And you aren't counting Dirk's international minutes...which definitely count if Kobe's first 3,300 minutes count.

Not to mention Kobe didn't have to carry as much of a burden as Dirk overall playing with just objectively more help and better coaching.

This is my exact point...to act like Kobe has this absurd amount of wear and tear on his body compared to Dirk at this point is silly.

K Xerxes
I don't see how an argument based on a younger and fitter Kobe leading his team to titles can seriously be made in these comparisons. Kobe is almost 5 years and a couple of serious injuries removed from his title years. We are comparing players NOW.

IGOTGAME
It doesn't even matter how early Curry loses... This is one of the greatest, most loaded conferences ever.... The ****ing Rockets with Dwight/Harden might be a lottery team...

If you are a top 5 player in the world with a stacked team it doesn't matter what conference you are in. You think people would give Kobe or Lebron a pass for losing with a stacked team in round 1 or 2.

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 11:50 AM
I thought Curry wasn't top 10 and now you want to hold him to top 5 standarts? :wtf:

Kobe is so far behind all guys in the top 10... (Curry being one of them)

IGOTGAME
I don't see how an argument based on a younger and fitter Kobe leading his team to titles can seriously be made in these comparisons. Kobe is almost 5 years and a couple of serious injuries removed from his title years. We are comparing players NOW.

It's about Curry NOT playing a style of ball you can win a title with. Kobe still plays the same style and he imo is still good enough to lead this STACKED team to the finals in the next couple of years.

This team is legit stacked.

RRR3
If you are a top 5 player in the world with a stacked team it doesn't matter what conference you are in. You think people would give Kobe or Lebron a pass for losing with a stacked team in round 1 or 2.
I don't know man, last time Bean had a stacked team he was the 8th seed, and I doubt you were complaining

navy
11-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Why do people always use the lose early argument anyways?

The past two years the Warriors lost to the Spurs and the Clippers in 6 and 7 games. Without homecourt advantage and a few games that could have gone either way. No Andrew Bogut and a David Lee injury.

Is that really bad?

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:51 AM
And, like I said, more than half of those minutes come in Kobe's first two years in which he didn't start and wasn't relied on at all.

And you aren't counting Dirk's international minutes...which definitely count if Kobe's first 3,300 minutes count.

Not to mention Kobe didn't have to carry as much of a burden as Dirk overall playing with just objectively more help and better coaching.

This is my exact point...to act like Kobe has this absurd amount of wear and tear on his body compared to Dirk at this point is silly.

WTF does that matter? :biggums:

Work is work. Mileage is mileage.

Kobe hasn't had to carry as much of a load as Dirk? :biggums: Man, are you serious? Cuban has had the Mavs full of talent nearly every year of Dirk's career. Dirk NEVER played with a team that started guys like Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Luke Walton, etc. Kobe's current team is also worse than any team Dirk's had, EASILY.

IGOTGAME
11-01-2014, 11:52 AM
I thought Curry wasn't top 10 and now you want to hold him to top 5 standarts? :wtf:

someone in this thread just ranked him top 5. I'm following the group-think. Honestly, Id have no expectations for any team where Steph Curry is the best player. None. Golden State will lose in either round 1 or 2 for as long as Curry is their best player.

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:53 AM
I don't know man, last time Bean had a stacked team he was the 8th seed, and I doubt you were complaining

That damn team wasn't stacked and you know it.

Dwight was qutting, Nash was a bum, and Gasol was a puss.

Get real.

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Why do people always use the lose early argument anyways?

The past two years the Warriors lost to the Spurs and the Clippers in 6 and 7 games. Without homecourt advantage and a few games that could have gone either way. No Andrew Bogut and a David Lee injury.

Is that really bad?

And since when is a 40% scorer (who's main thing is scoring) lead a team to the finals?

I don't think that's happened since the 70's... Only ones I remember would be Russell and Ben Wallace who were GOAT defenders.

RRR3
11-01-2014, 11:54 AM
That damn team wasn't stacked and you know it.

Dwight was qutting, Nash was a bum, and Gasol was a puss.

Get real.
:cry:

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 11:55 AM
2013 Lakers were quite easily stacked... Kobe/Dwight/Gasol.... 8th seed? What happened, IGOTGAME?

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:55 AM
someone in this thread just ranked him top 5. I'm following the group-think. Honestly, Id have no expectations for any team where Steph Curry is the best player. None. Golden State will lose in either round 1 or 2 for as long as Curry is their best player.

I don't think they can win a title with Curry's chucking from the PG spot.

Maybe i'm wrong.

Or maybe Curry will develop some better PG skills.

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:56 AM
2013 Lakers were quite easily stacked... Kobe/Dwight/Gasol.... 8th seed? What happened, IGOTGAME?

Troll.

RRR3
11-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Kobe Stan calling Curry a chucker.

That's rich.

navy
11-01-2014, 11:57 AM
News flash, the top 5 players in the nba are

(Lebron)

no order all in the Western Conference
Durant
Westrook
Cp3
Curry
Blake Griffin

4 of them play on the same as another top 5 player. How can they all be expected to make it?
It's just not possible. Just because they lose doesnt mean they arent top 5 anymore.

DMAVS41
11-01-2014, 11:58 AM
WTF does that matter? :biggums:

Work is work. Mileage is mileage.

Kobe hasn't had to carry as much of a load as Dirk? :biggums: Man, are you serious? Cuban has had the Mavs full of talent nearly every year of Dirk's career. Dirk NEVER played with a team that started guys like Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Luke Walton, etc. Kobe's current team is also worse than any team Dirk's had, EASILY.

Nonsense. You honestly just weren't around for Kobe's first few years. Thinking those minutes are equivalent to starter minutes carrying teams. Just total nonsense.

Again, you aren't counting Dirk's international minutes. Which easily make up the minutes thing you are talking about.

What? Dirk has been the best player on his team for 14 years to date of his career. He never had a player half as good as Shaq to carry the load.

Kobe has been the best player on his team for 9 years to date.

And again...he had Shaq for 8 years. For you to act like that doesn't matter is absurd. Talking about a worn down Finley and injured Nash and then guys like ****ing Jason Terry and Josh Howard....ROFL...not even in the same universe.

Alos, meh, the 2013 Mavs roster doesn't look much different to me than this Lakers roster.

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 11:58 AM
PLUS Howard (top 10) with Harden who is likely top 15-20.

IGOTGAME
11-01-2014, 11:59 AM

they werent stacked. I actually said it when it happened. Btw...this GS team is better than that LAL team.

1. Nash was done. That was a horrible move.
2. Dwight was hurt.
3. Pau was exhausted
4. No shooters or point guard.
5. Coach that didn't want to play to strengths of the team and whose stubborn nature injured Kobe.

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Kobe Stan calling Curry a chucker.

That's rich.

Kobe demands double teams in the post, which opens up the entire game for his teammates.

Curry chucks from the outside and drains the life out of a team seeing as how they ran down the court for nothing.

Just stop.

Jameerthefear
11-01-2014, 12:01 PM
If you think Kobe is better than Curry than you are straight up f*cking retarded. There's honestly no excuse.

navy
11-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Kobe demands double teams in the post, which opens up the entire game for his teammates.

Curry chucks from the outside and drains the life out of a team seeing as how they ran down the court for nothing.

Just stop.

So a constant three point threat doesnt open up the game? How do you explain Curry's assist numbers? Kobe assist off his three point misses?

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Nonsense. You honestly just weren't around for Kobe's first few years. Thinking those minutes are equivalent to starter minutes carrying teams. Just total nonsense.

Again, you aren't counting Dirk's international minutes. Which easily make up the minutes thing you are talking about.

What? Dirk has been the best player on his team for 14 years to date of his career. He never had a player half as good as Shaq to carry the load.

Kobe has been the best player on his team for 9 years to date.

And again...he had Shaq for 8 years. For you to act like that doesn't matter is absurd. Talking about a worn down Finley and injured Nash and then guys like ****ing Jason Terry and Josh Howard....ROFL...not even in the same universe.

Did you count Kobe's?

And you're a blind homer.

Kobe's had to carry far less talent than Dirk ever had to carry. Kobe had Shaq, but after that, Kobe had far less overall talent than Dirk.

Jameerthefear
11-01-2014, 12:05 PM
And lol @ anyone double teaming Kobe. No one double teams Kobe anymore. I've seen Curry been doubled as soon as he passes halfcourt just to get him off the 3-point line.

stalkerforlife
If you think Kobe is better than Curry than you are straight up f*cking retarded. There's honestly no excuse.

You're my boy, but I will spank your ass, son.

RRR3

Then we have OP who thinks Kobe is better than LBJ, BG and Davis :roll:

Legends66NBA7
Klay plays a game more conducive to winning titles.

Yeah... if he has better players around him. Like Steph.

I don't get the obsession of Klay. He's not even a Top 3-5 defender on his own team (for the supposed "best SG" and "best two way guard" in the league) and he has choked in the playoffs in big pressure games. Klay can have shooting games of 3-20, 3-14, 6-21, etc.... and the Warriors would still win.

It's Klay that's been fortunate. He's going to have one of the worst contracts (if not the worst already) in a couple of years because I don't see him becoming THAT much better than he already is.

SOD 21
11-01-2014, 12:06 PM
ESPN had Kobe ranked too low at 40th best player, or whatever it was, and certainly placing him in the top five now is way too high, not to mention delusional, at least at this stage of his career due to age and multiple serious injuries.

But I can make a case that a healthy Kobe Bryant is about the 20th best player in the league. Time will tell and we shall see if his body can hold up or not throughout the course of this season. I'll be cheering for him.

Jameerthefear
11-01-2014, 12:06 PM
You're my boy, but I will spank your ass, son.
:kobe:

noob cake
11-01-2014, 12:07 PM

PG/SF/PF so stacked.

#1 SG is 15+

stalkerforlife
So a constant three point threat doesnt open up the game? How do you explain Curry's assist numbers? Kobe assist off his three point misses?

Another boxscore dope.

When you demand doubles in the post an entire game, you don't necessarily rack up assists. They are called hockey assists. You kick it to a teammate and the ball swings until the wide open shot is available. You get the defense completely off balance.

Demanding doubles from the post wins titles.

Chucking from the outside hasn't proven to do so.

IGOTGAME
ESPN had Kobe ranked too low at 40th best player, or whatever it was, and certainly placing him in the top five now is way too high, not to mention delusional, at least at this stage of his career due to age and multiple serious injuries.

But I can make a case that a healthy Kobe Bryant is about the 20th best player in the league. Time will tell and we shall see if his body can hold up or not throughout the course of this season. I'll be cheering for him.

finally a reasonable post. I have him around 20 as well.

navy
11-01-2014, 12:08 PM
THey are both top 10-15 lol. you would have to stretch to keep them out of there. (Harden)

IGOTGAME
11-01-2014, 12:09 PM

I don't get the obsession of Klay. He's not even a Top 3-5 defender on his own team (for the supposed "best SG" and "best two way guard" in the league) and he has choked in the playoffs in big pressure games. Klay can have shooting games of 3-20, 3-14, 6-21, etc.... and the Warriors would still win.

It's Klay that's been fortunate. He's going to have one of the worst contracts (if not the worst already) in a couple of years because I don't see him becoming THAT much better than he already is.

I agree that Klay is being overvalued as well. But stylistically he is a good piece at shooting guard and is more conducive to winning than Curry.

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 12:09 PM
And lol @ anyone double teaming Kobe. No one double teams Kobe anymore. I've seen Curry been doubled as soon as he passes halfcourt just to get him off the 3-point line.

He's been doubled and tripled in all 3 games.

Jameerthefear
11-01-2014, 12:10 PM

Then we have OP who thinks Kobe is better than LBJ, BG and Davis :roll:
Just off my head:
Curry
LBJ
Melo
Durant
Davis
LMA
Howard
Harden
Westbrook
CP3
Griffin
Cousins
Dirk
Dragic
Wade
Bosh
Wall
are all better than Kobe pretty much unarguably. then you have players you can kinda argue like IT, Vucevic, Derozan (though he's had a meh start so far), etc.

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 12:10 PM
they werent stacked. I actually said it when it happened. Btw...this GS team is better than that LAL team.

1. Nash was done. That was a horrible move.
2. Dwight was hurt.
3. Pau was exhausted
4. No shooters or point guard.
5. Coach that didn't want to play to strengths of the team and whose stubborn nature injured Kobe.

Nash posted the exact same stats from his previous year where he was an all-star :facepalm "Done"

Right, Antoni is the reason Kobe injured himself... As if he didn't decide to play all those minutes.

The Laker$ had a losing record with Kobe, Nash, Pau and D12 in the line-up. Laker fans conveniently forget that, too.

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 12:11 PM
THey are both top 10-15 lol. you would have to stretch to keep them out of there. (Harden)

Howard is easily top 10.

triangleoffense
11-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Kobe top1 easily

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 12:13 PM

You have Kobe around 20? Well where is Curry?

navy
11-01-2014, 12:14 PM
I agree that Klay is being overvalued as well. But stylistically he is a good piece at shooting guard and is more conducive to winning than Curry.
:roll:

You will win more games with Steph Curry as your best player in the playoffs and regular season alike.

SOD 21
11-01-2014, 12:16 PM

The only way that I would place Kobe Bryant in the top 10 today is if he increases his offensive efficiency, improves his defense and his team begins to win some games.

DMAVS41
11-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Nash posted the exact same stats from his previous year where he was an all-star :facepalm "Done"

Right, Antoni is the reason Kobe injured himself... As if he didn't decide to play all those minutes.

The Laker$ had a losing record with Kobe, Nash, Pau and D12 in the line-up. Laker fans conveniently forget that, too.

That is the absurd thing. Every coach says the same things:

"Kobe will go just check himself back into the game"

And then his fans bitch about his minutes. Well, if he actually used his teammates properly (he has at times under Phil) and didn't need to be on the court so much (even in decided games)...he'd have less wear and tear. He could have easily shaved off a few thousand minutes off his career if he wasn't such an ego maniac.

Obvious to any objective basketball fan that isn't a die-hard Kobe fan.

Andrew Wiggins
11-01-2014, 12:21 PM
op forgot a 0 after the 5 in the title

JellyBean
11-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Kobe may not be top 5 but he is top 20. Given his age and recent injury history, you have to be honest and give the man his props.

SOD 21
11-01-2014, 12:27 PM
I would agree with the original poster if he had said, Kobe Bryant is still one of the top five most skilled players in the game.

It's a little bit like when people would say that Pau Gasol was the best center when they were actually trying to say that he may have been the most skilled with a complete offensive skillet.

konex
11-01-2014, 12:28 PM
I agree. Put decent players around him and his stats are much better. Never seen a freakin' 36 year old get doubled like he does lol

sportjames23
11-01-2014, 12:45 PM
LeBron
Griffin
Anthony Davis
Stephen Curry
Harden

http://replygif.net/i/1355.gif

SexSymbol
11-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Bran
KD
CP3
WB
AD
BG
D12
Love
Curry
Melo
Paul George
Rose
Harden
Wade
Bosh
LMA
Wall
Dirk
Tim Duncan

Kobe's better than the bolded

RRR3
11-01-2014, 01:12 PM
You're insane.

LoneyROY7
11-01-2014, 01:15 PM

:yaohappy:

Smook A.
11-01-2014, 01:25 PM
You need a nasty slap to the face

sbw19
11-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Kobe is easily a top-5 player in terms of skill set. But he's still a top-5 skill set player who happens to be 36, with tons of mileage and a post-major injury not-so-ideal state of conditioning.

I'm sure he wants to do as much heavy lifting as his team needs him to do to make the playoffs,, and on a stacked team, he'd be as deadly as any veteran out there. But realistically, however, he needs some help because his production is gonna always be limited by his age.

Jameerthefear
11-01-2014, 01:41 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibvkVVebTIwCYz.gif

dubeta
11-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Not even top 5 on the Lakers

sportjames23
11-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Not even top 5 on the Lakers

http://replygif.net/i/1325.gif

Heavincent
11-01-2014, 02:18 PM

That team wasn't stacked at all. Kobe carried them. They only made the playoffs because Kobe was dropping 40+ points and getting triple doubles down the stretch.

Watch the games.

Heavincent
11-01-2014, 02:23 PM

Raptors fans have it out for Klay Thompson :oldlol:

fragokota
11-01-2014, 02:29 PM
I think he's playing better than most anticipated he would after not being active for so long. The sad part is that will spend his last years in the league playing for a god awful Lakers team.

trabash
11-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Davis isn't top 5 until he leads a team to the playoffs. Not even in the discussion.

When has Kobe won his last basketball game? I can't remember, must've been a while :oldlol:

ralph_i_el
11-01-2014, 03:34 PM

so current MJ is better than Curry too?

ImKobe
11-01-2014, 03:36 PM
When has Kobe won his last basketball game? I can't remember, must've been a while :oldlol:

When he went down with the knee injury?

Chill the **** out. He's been back for 3 games and our roster is half injured and rest are basically D-league talent + some role players and they faced the top Western Conference teams..of course they're gonna struggle right now.

trabash
11-01-2014, 03:49 PM
When he went down with the knee injury?

Chill the **** out. He's been back for 3 games and our roster is half injured and rest are basically D-league talent + some role players and they faced the top Western Conference teams..of course they're gonna struggle right now.

Doesn't he have to win some ball games before he is considered Top 5 (this season) material? All he did this season is lose, so this discussion seems a bit out of line at the moment, or am i completely wrong?

SouBeachTalents
11-01-2014, 03:53 PM
No rational human being would ever take current Kobe over players like LeBron, Durant, CP3, Westbrook, Griffin, Davis etc.

PsychoBe
11-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Doesn't he have to win some ball games before he is considered Top 5 (this season) material? All he did this season is lose, so this discussion seems a bit out of line at the moment, or am i completely wrong?

two games in :roll: :roll: :roll:

your favorite player's favorite player is kobe

trabash
11-01-2014, 04:02 PM
two games in :roll: :roll: :roll:

Actually 3 games and all I'm doing is replying to OP who is calling him Top 5 after those 3 Losses, which seems a bit out of line to me.

PsychoBe
11-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Actually 3 games and all I'm doing is replying to OP who is calling him Top 5 after those 3 Losses, which seems a bit out of line to me.

basketball doesn't happen on the boxscore

Dro
11-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Now this is bs...I saw Kobe triple teamed in the game other night.....

trabash
11-01-2014, 04:21 PM
basketball doesn't happen on the boxscore

Exactly, this makes your argument void. A Top 5 player doesn't get blown out night by night.

SugarHill
11-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Kobe stans smfh

RRR3
11-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Kobe stans smfh
Lol they just don't stop

Optimus Prime
11-01-2014, 07:41 PM
It's amazing what Kobe Bryant is able to accomplish in his 19th season at age 36 coming back from two devastating injuries and on a D-League squad, but come on now. He's not Top 5 this season. I wouldn't even say Top 10. Top 20, yes. Definitely better than the garbage #40 LeBronSPN rated him.

MellowYellow
11-01-2014, 07:44 PM
It's amazing what Kobe Bryant is able to accomplish in his 19th season at age 36 coming back from two devastating injuries and on a D-League squad, but come on now. He's not Top 5 this season. I wouldn't even say Top 10. Top 20, yes. Definitely better than the garbage #40 LeBronSPN rated him.

This, he is right there with other aging greats like Duncan and Dirk