PDA

View Full Version : Knick Fans, how do you feel about J.R Smith?

Imtheman
11-01-2014, 02:07 PM
I've watched a few knick games, seems like he can't take his time with the triangle, gets frustrated and jack up stupid shots..

Is this guy a cancer?

ThatCoolKid
11-01-2014, 02:10 PM
He's the best player in Knicks history. His jersey will be hanging from the rafters one day. Book it.

kekking hard at New York "city"

MellowYellow
11-01-2014, 02:14 PM
top 10 sg when playing under control, I think Fish can harness his talent and reel him in a bit. If he doesn't perform there other guys on the team that will take his place.

Haymaker
11-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I hope he ends up in China next season.

Le Shaqtus
11-01-2014, 02:16 PM
He's a selfish chucker.

Knicks get better if they lose him quick.

Real14
11-01-2014, 02:18 PM
he's not a cancer, knicks definitely needs his scoring like we saw 2 days ago:D but yes he do need to tone it down with his mistakes.

IncarceratedBob
11-01-2014, 02:19 PM
He's Jamaal Crawford with less brain but more talent.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-01-2014, 02:42 PM
I've watched a few knick games, seems like he can't take his time with the triangle, gets frustrated and jack up stupid shots..

Is this guy a cancer?

Oddly enough whenever I go to the Garden, he has a great game and Shumpert does horrible. Live, I see Shumpert take way too many threes when his biggest plus on offense is his athleticism but sadly he never developed the handles to slash. JR can do it all but does have a lot of mental lapses on defense that are evident while watching him live. Some really questionable offensive plays too. But like Melo, JR was the only other guy who was performing on a decently consistent level last year.

Optimus Prime
11-01-2014, 02:48 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/jr-celebration.gif

I think this sums up JR Smith quite well. :pimp:

stalkerforlife
11-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Gives the Knicks some much needed scoring because after Melo, the offensive skill is severely lacking.

imdaman99
11-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Sad as it to say, he's a chucker and I would much rather the Knicks were without him. His priorities aren't straight, dude was partying with Rihanna while stinkin it up in the playoffs 2 years back. I thought he had changed, but he will always be the same. It's a shame too, because Knicks need his scoring.

smoovegittar
11-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Funny guy; a real character. Blessed with athleticism. Bad shot maker. The kind of guy you hate to lose because he could bring you 22 points on any given night.

Ball watcher....gets lost on "D". Not clear-headed enough for what we're doing now. I can't wait for the upgrade.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Sad as it to say, he's a chucker and I would much rather the Knicks were without him. His priorities aren't straight, dude was partying with Rihanna while stinkin it up in the playoffs 2 years back. I thought he had changed, but he will always be the same. It's a shame too, because Knicks need his scoring.

with a higher basketball IQ and defense, JR smith could have had a great career, IMO a la Latrel Spreewell.

ralph_i_el
11-01-2014, 04:42 PM
He's one of those guys you hold onto for too long because of talent/potential. He doesn't try hard on D and he constantly makes stupid decisions on both sides of the ball.

Rameek
11-01-2014, 04:44 PM
with a higher basketball IQ and defense, JR smith could have had a great career, IMO a la Latrel Spreewell.
Never put this fool in the same breath as Spinners Spree.....

All the talent in the world with 1 good year that earned him 6th man of the year in a 10 year career? This guy could only succeed with a real superstar on the team that has real leadership skills or a dominant coach to keep him in check.
Unfortunately my Knicks never had either.

I wont say he is a cancer because he only gets away with what GM's, Coaches, and players allow him to.

I have absolutely disdain and lack any respect for this guy and wish he gets jettisoned from the Knicks.

Legends66NBA7
11-01-2014, 04:45 PM
He's one of those guys you hold onto for too long because of talent/potential. He doesn't try hard on D and he constantly makes stupid decisions on both sides of the ball.

This is Bargnani in a nutshell when he was a Raptor. I hope Fisher realizes that he can't play Amar'e and Bargs at the same time.

smoovegittar
11-01-2014, 04:50 PM
This is Bargnani in a nutshell when he was a Raptor. I hope Fisher realizes that he can't play Amar'e and Bargs at the same time.
Oh, I think the word on Bargs is out early. He showed his complete game the first game of pre-season. A handful of mid-range jumpers, a quick foul or two. Total defensive breakdown and then done with an injury. I'm confident Phil is done with him... let the team get used to him not playing.

MrC1991
11-01-2014, 04:55 PM
From what I've seen JR don't care where hes at on the court. He'll shoot from anywhere. Hes got some antoine walker in his blood.

fpliii
11-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Not a Knicks fan, but I have a minor rooting interest in them.

I've always said Knicks fans deserve a true superstar after what they've been through, as opposed to a guy like Melo, but Smith is a much bigger problem.

Over-inflated ego, breaks out of the offense too frequently, heat checks even when he's ice cold from the floor, etc. Needs to embrace his place as a role player for his team to get value out of him.

MrC1991
11-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Not a Knicks fan, but I have a minor rooting interest in them.

I've always said Knicks fans deserve a true superstar after what they've been through, as opposed to a guy like Melo, but Smith is a much bigger problem.

Over-inflated ego, breaks out of the offense too frequently, heat checks even when he's ice cold from the floor, etc. Needs to embrace his place as a role player for his team to get value out of him.

He's a good 6th man trying to be a superstar. Couldn't agree with you more.