PDA

View Full Version : Russell Westbrook will miss at least a month

Smook A.
11-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Oklahoma City Thunder star point guard Russell Westbrook had surgery to repair the broken bone in his right hand Saturday and will be sidelined at least four weeks

Full article: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11800979/russell-westbrook-oklahoma-city-thunder-undergoes-surgery-injured-hand-least-4-weeks

Such a bummer. I was really looking forward to watching him while Durant was out.

Imtheman
11-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Thunder best player is an overrated PF now

nathanjizzle
11-01-2014, 02:21 PM
fragile

DMV2
11-01-2014, 02:27 PM
So this is their depth chart for a month?

PG: Telfair
SG: Roberson / Morrow
SF: Jones
PF: Ibaka / Collison
C: Adams / Perkins

:facepalm

IncarceratedBob
11-01-2014, 02:28 PM

Regigigas and Lamb should be back soon

Le Shaqtus
11-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Can't play with a broken hand.

Bitch made.

fragokota
11-01-2014, 02:35 PM
So they will most likely be playing for at least a month without KD and Chuckbrook. SAS,DAL,HOU,GSW,LAC,MEM,PHO,POR. I'm not so sure they will be able to catch back with any of those 8 teams by the end of the year if they have an terrible start.

Heavincent
11-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Welp, looks like they'll be a lottery team.

3ball
11-01-2014, 02:37 PM
it's actually kind of good.

a lot of the thunder role players typically underperform... now they get a chance to shine and hopefully they'll play better and be more assertive when the two best players in the league come back.

SwishSquared
11-01-2014, 02:38 PM

They are filing a hardship exception after the 3rd game, and after Westbrook misses 3 games, they could qualify for a second hardship exception. This will allow them to have more than 15 guys on their roster.

sammichoffate
11-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Jones is gonna break out now :pimp:

Budadiiii
11-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Jones is gonna break out now :pimp:
He's a good buddy of mine. :pimp:

Goes to the same gym as me, and we've played pickup together thousands of times... :pimp:

He knows exactly who I am and would acknowledge me in a crowd. :pimp:

Do you have any superstar friends? Probably not.

Bless Mathews
11-01-2014, 02:50 PM
They'll survive.

Their coach will make adjustments and be able to get a few wins with some good bigs still left on roster.

Oh wait ....

Budadiiii
11-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Can't play with a broken hand.

Bitch made.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Crose
11-01-2014, 02:51 PM
for such a tough guy, this guy can't seem to stay on the court.

derrick rose >

Budadiiii
11-01-2014, 02:52 PM
for such a tough guy, this guy can't seem to stay on the court.

derrick rose >
Whaddup Nathan.

Fudge
11-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Hi Buda <3

Budadiiii
11-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Hi Buda <3
Bout to go eat with my cousin, then taking him to the game early so we can meet up with the players.

Ty Lawson, Randy Foye, Danilo Gallinari.... bums like that. Hopefully these bums have time to sign my cards, if not, I'll be pissed

Have a good day bro, I'll be on here later tonight to chat with you and russ via PMing. :cheers:

:cheers:

:cheers:

Pointguard
11-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Goes to the same gym as me, and we've played pickup together thousands of times... :pimp: .
Only way that's true is if you are a dumb bell in real time too.

Jones gotta get those reps in.:lol

SOD 21
11-01-2014, 03:07 PM

Actually, Anthony Morrow strained his knee ligament about ten days ago and is likely out another couple of weeks. Lance Thomas out of Duke was added to the roster as their 15th roster spot after all their injuries in the preseason.

Reggie Jackson and Jeremy Lamb reportedly are out tonight as well.

SugarHill
11-01-2014, 04:24 PM
fragile
The irony :roll:

DMAVS41
11-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Well, this could get interesting. Going to completely **** up the playoff standings if they are pretty bad for the next 4 to 6 weeks.

And I guess there is a real possibility of missing the playoffs if they start off the year like 5-17 or something.

Hope not as a basketball fan, but kind of hope so as a Mavs fan.

bagelred
11-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Networks showing small town nationally televised games with no stars. :roll:

dubeta
11-01-2014, 04:57 PM
How will the Thunder role players perform now that they are no longer rendered into spot up shooters?

hiphopfan777
11-01-2014, 04:58 PM
He is as injury prone as Derrick Rose unlike Lebron who has a bad back last two seaons which is painful and plays thru it

zoom17
11-01-2014, 05:00 PM
fragile

lol

Pointguard
11-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Well, this could get interesting. Going to completely **** up the playoff standings if they are pretty bad for the next 4 to 6 weeks.

And I guess there is a real possibility of missing the playoffs if they start off the year like 5-17 or something.

Hope not as a basketball fan, but kind of hope so as a Mavs fan.

Yeah, its like 24 games so you are right on point. But they will get 8 or 9 wins as it is the softest part of the schedule. More like a 8 and 16. Then some adjustment games 12 and 18 at the 30 game mark in a very okc favorable estimate given that others are also injured. Last year Dallas was right at 49 - 33 as the eight seed. They would have to go 37 and 15 (which is doable as they are very familiar with each other and will be rested) the rest of the way despite the Western Conference looking a bit better. The schedule will be a bit harder... for them.

The worse scenario is they get the 8 seed and would have to be the hottest team in the league. However this scenario has probably a 40% chance of happening if Reggie can carry the load starting next week. They will need help from the other teams. Westbrook isn't going to be out a month, he heals fast.

Cocaine80s
11-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Lmao if OKC is around the 8th seed near the end of the season some teams are gonna purposely tank and help some other team grab the 8th spot instead

imdaman99
11-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Set up a pre-mature Spurs-OKC matchup in the 1st round :rockon:

Or better yet, Rockets somehow get the 1st or 2nd seed and they're looking good to get to the 2nd round. All they have to do is beat OKC :oldlol:

Aidz
11-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Time blow it up and start the tank.

Westbrook is going to LA next anyway. KD to Washington.

Nash
11-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Networks showing small town nationally televised games with no stars. :roll:
:lol :lol

why can't they pick the games? surely higher ratings is better for the nba

kenuffff
11-01-2014, 08:28 PM
OKC isn't going to win a chip anytime soon in my opinion, this just tightens the window even further. here is why i think so: they're cheap, real cheap. they made 30 million last year profit, they're below the cap they could have just eaten a luxury tax and got players like gasol etc. they didn't .. they should've went all in the year they went to the finals but didn't with their roster. they refuse to spend money to add that extra piece or pieces to get the ring. second scott brooks sucks, he is one of the worse coaches in the league , his clock management is cringeworthy, the only reason he is there is durant likes him, management needs to fire him after this season, but they probably won't since durant is about to be a FA which they'll probably lose him anyway. just a horribly run organization that got lucky coming from seattle to OKC.

Psileas
11-01-2014, 08:49 PM
When is Durant expected to return?

KG215
11-02-2014, 03:27 AM
Welp, looks like they'll be a lottery team.
OKC should have a healthy, full roster by early December, meaning they'll play about 3/4ths of the season with their full roster intact. Even if it takes a couple of weeks for everyone to shake off the rust and gel, they should be good enough the rest of the season to make the playoffs if everyone stays healthy. Unfortunately they'll fall too far behind the 8 ball to finish top 4 in the West, but they should still be a playoff team.