PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is not as good as you think

JohnMax
11-01-2014, 04:39 PM
http://niketalk.com/t/295042/why-dont-sportcasters-keep-it-real-about-lebron

Lebron James has one of the weakest first steps I've ever seen, and he has very little pure scoring instincts. Bron is not a pass/team oriented player solely becaue of his nature...he's that way because he secretly knows his weakness. I believe the worse thing you can tell a perimeter player is that they don't have a first step.

Dude literally can't score in the halfcourt without using a 'pick' 95% of the time and that's why when he drives in the halfcourt his shot looks soooooo ugly. Dude be praying for the defender to latch on where he can get a foul. And I KNOW coach Spolestra knows this because more and more in critical situations he sending Lebron towards a pick hoping for a switch to a much taller and slower defender. A friend of mine is a big Lebron fan and not until recently did he really start paying attention to this dude's true lack of halfcourt scoring and first step. "Dude scores over 30 points a game!" he would say...Then I told him the next two Heat games, we'll make a bet and count how many times in the halfcourt Bron scores by seriously breaking down his own man versus getting points from the line, in the fastbreak, putbacks, or low percentage bail out fall back jumpers. Like I said, dude became a believer after just two games and now says he can't even look at LeBron the same way.

-

SouBeachTalents
11-01-2014, 04:40 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6020fgUq41qze7zoo1_500.jpg

STATUTORY
11-01-2014, 04:42 PM
i have made the same point for better half of a decade, there has never been a superstar with worse iso game than lebron. there is a reason this dude cannot take over in the 4th quarter and resort to off balance clunky pull up jumpers. it's not just an issue of mentality, the dude is funadmentally and physically incapable of skewering a defense the way young Kobe and MJ are able to.

He doesn't have an elite first step, weak two footed jumper, no body control. His main attributes are his long strides and top speed in fastbreaks and open court as well as his one foot leap. that makes him a very pedestrian and predictable player in teh half court.

the guy required a pick and roll his first season in the league. NO ISO move whatsoever

iTare
11-01-2014, 04:44 PM
results is what matter u fvcking idiots

nathanjizzle
11-01-2014, 04:44 PM
so are you trying to tell me 2/5 isnt as good as i think it is?

LBJ4MVP23
11-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Lebron isn't close to as good as everyone says he is of you look at his videos and film you can understand why he puts up the numbers he does. He score over 50% of his points in fast breaks which also gives him over half of his assists, and he uses a bunch of screen of you look at kobe Durant Jordan they could create for them selfs not using fast breaks or screen, because he has a trouble creating for him self it leads to him struggling in the 4th quarter when the game is slowed down. That's why he can't hit a high percentage of game winners and finds it hard to take over games. When he does take over games look who's defending him he is athletically a lot more gifted so he can take it to the rim and with the sympathy he gets from refs he draws fouls when others wouldn't. 

So whats kobes excuse? Why is he 25% on game winners? Why is Jordan below his typical fg% on his game winners?

Or does it just apply to LBJ?

Seriously, does it bother you that your blatant lack of logic and ability to grasp simple concepts wont allow you to ever get off food stamps?

fpliii
11-01-2014, 04:55 PM
So whats kobes excuse? Why is he 25% on game winners? Why is Jordan below his typical fg% on his game winners?

Or does it just apply to LBJ?

Seriously, does it bother you that your blatant lack of logic and ability to grasp simple concepts wont allow you to ever get off food stamps?
Is he though?

http://chasing23.com/michael-jordan-game-winning-shots/

Shot .487 in the playoffs, but .500 on game winners.

returnofthemack
11-01-2014, 04:57 PM

Not sure what to make of this post. Yes lebrons lost 3 finals. But he's also won 2 as the man. 2 rings as the man is a hell of a lot better then most players. Also try to remember the guy isn't done playing yet. I don't think anyone is seriously trying to argue that Lebron is the greatest to play the game (psychically he might be but mentally he is not).

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Is he though?

http://chasing23.com/michael-jordan-game-winning-shots/

Shot .487 in the playoffs, but .500 on game winners.

He's in the 60% range in the regular season... Wait, I think it was 58%... INSANE.

stanlove1111
11-01-2014, 05:01 PM
i have made the same point for better half of a decade, there has never been a superstar with worse iso game than lebron. there is a reason this dude cannot take over in the 4th quarter and resort to off balance clunky pull up jumpers. it's not just an issue of mentality, the dude is funadmentally and physically incapable of skewering a defense the way young Kobe and MJ are able to.

He doesn't have an elite first step, weak two footed jumper, no body control. His main attributes are his long strides and top speed in fastbreaks and open court as well as his one foot leap. that makes him a very pedestrian and predictable player in teh half court.

the guy required a pick and roll his first season in the league. NO ISO move whatsoever

And yet he challenged basically every single year with one of the weakest teams ever in Cleveland ( don't know of another player who could even come close to that ) and led the Heats to the last 4 finals.

If he is not that good then everyone else in the world sucks.

rlsmooth775
11-01-2014, 05:07 PM
http://niketalk.com/t/295042/why-dont-sportcasters-keep-it-real-about-lebron

Lebron James has one of the weakest first steps I've ever seen, and he has very little pure scoring instincts. (IMHO Danny Granger has the worse first step in NBA history). Bron is not a pass/team oriented player solely becaue of his nature...he's that way because he secretly knows his weakness. I believe the worse thing you can tell a perimeter player is that they don't have a first step. smiley: laugh

But I'm sorry. It's the truth. I've never seen a star player get the type of recognition he does with having such an obvious weakness that seems to go unnoticed in popular programming. For once I wish a guy like JVG would say..."It's obvious that Lebron really can't beat his man one on one." Just once! Sometimes I wanna email Skip Bayless just to show this dude the light so he can have more fire power.

Dude literally can't score in the halfcourt without using a 'pick' 95% of the time and that's why when he drives in the halfcourt his shot looks soooooo ugly. Dude be praying for the defender to latch on where he can get a foul. And I KNOW coach Spolestra knows this because more and more in critical situations he sending Lebron towards a pick hoping for a switch to a much taller and slower defender. smiley: nerdsmiley: nerd A friend of mine is a big Lebron fan and not until recently did he really start paying attention to this dude's true lack of halfcourt scoring and first step. "Dude scores over 30 points a game!" he would say...Then I told him the next two Heat games, we'll make a bet and count how many times in the halfcourt Bron scores by seriously breaking down his own man versus getting points from the line, in the fastbreak, putbacks, or low percentage bail out fall back jumpers. Like I said, dude became a believer after just two games and now says he can't even look at LeBron the same way. We watched yesterday's game at a bar and dude had the smiley: ohwell look on for nearly the entire game smiley: roll And they were winning! Dude's disgusted smiley: laugh

Before the stonefaces and comments about how basketball is a team game and what not...I will say that for the most part, I agree. I am not a Lebron hater, but the reason Lebron is and will never be the true definition of a clutch player is because of this obvious weakness. If Lebron doesn't seriously get in the gym and create a post game, it's only going to get worse. TMac II (Another player who people never realized needed picks to get by his man)

Who cares about one on one scoring

Carbine
11-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Needing picks to get more open is not a bad thing. Stockton and Nash's main weapon on offense was using pick and rolls/pops. It manufactured openings for them they otherwise wouldn't get going one vs. one, but doesn't in any way diminish the players they were.

NumberSix
11-01-2014, 05:10 PM
2 of 5? What's that? How many seasons Rose has played?

rlsmooth775
11-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Needing picks to get more open is not a bad thing. Stockton and Nash's main weapon on offense was using pick and rolls/pops. It manufactured openings for them they otherwise wouldn't get going one vs. one, but doesn't in any way diminish the players they were.

OP is just a butthurt Kobe stan

Purch
11-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Isolations should be avoided when possible, so why punish him for playing smart offensively. Play to your strengths

Real14
11-01-2014, 05:17 PM
and the sky is blue:applause:

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 05:18 PM

:roll: :roll:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-01-2014, 05:20 PM
he's better

dubeta
11-01-2014, 05:21 PM

HOLY F*** SHUT IT DOWN, JUST SHUT IT DOWN :bowdown:

Real14
11-01-2014, 05:22 PM
HOLY F*** SHUT IT DOWN, JUST SHUT IT DOWN :bowdown:
corny just like you and the rest of them bron stans.

dubeta
11-01-2014, 05:28 PM
corny just like you and the rest of them bron stans.

why u hatin nigguh i thought we was cool

Jameerthefear
11-01-2014, 05:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/y1HhFpo.gif

nathanjizzle
11-01-2014, 05:37 PM
you sick son of a bitches.

Trollsmasher
11-01-2014, 05:39 PM
oh me oh my:lol

smoovegittar
11-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Melo>LeBron

#number6ix#
11-01-2014, 05:41 PM
All those weaknesses and he's still one of the best to ever play... Amazing!!!

navy
11-01-2014, 05:41 PM
:roll:

Kblaze8855
11-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Dude literally can't score in the halfcourt without using a 'pick' 95% of the time

Some of these arguments are made as if you think other people cant see the games. Go watch last nights highlihgts...

No less than 6 times he scored in the halfcourt without a screen. stepback jumpers. Isolation drives into the paint. Not like this cant be checked....

Lebron scores without a screen all the time in the halfcourt. Its literally...thousands of points. And most can be easily verified. Youtube exists....it makes these arguments useless.

Lebron isolated top of the key is about as likely to score as anyone in the NBA. And if not...its far too often to say he cant do it.

He does it literally every night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0p_eGkI1sw

54 seconds...where is the pick?

1 minute...where is the pick?

1.17...where is a pick?

1.40...where is a pick?

I miss the pick on that isolation stepback jumper?

How do you watch this happen thousands of times and come away pretending 95% of the time he isnt capable of it?

Just...be for real. Other people can see the footage.

thefatmiral
11-01-2014, 05:44 PM
he is overrated. his athletic prime is winding down and I think he is going to struggle to be a dominant player like he has been. not too late for him though to add more offensive repertoire. seriously should be 1/5 if it wasnt for manu meltdown.

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Some of these arguments are made as if you think other people cant see the games. Go watch last nights highlihgts...

No less than 6 times he scored in the halfcourt without a screen. stepback jumpers. Isolation drives into the paint. Not like this cant be checked....

Lebron scores without a screen all the time in the halfcourt. Its literally...thousands of points. And most can be easily verified. Youtube exists....it makes these arguments useless.

Lebron isolated top of the key is about as likely to score as anyone in the NBA. And if not...its far too often to say he cant do it.

He does it literally every night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0p_eGkI1sw

54 seconds...where is the pick?

1 minute...where is the pick?

1.17...where is a pick?

1.40...where is a pick?

I miss the pick on that isolation stepback jumper?

How do you watch this happen thousands of times and come away pretending 95% of the time he isnt capable of it?

Just...be for real. Other people can see the footage.

2nd time we can "/thread" this bitch

lay the ban hammer on the kid

ImKobe
11-01-2014, 05:46 PM
this thread

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/10/camron.gif

K Xerxes
11-01-2014, 05:58 PM
From what I can see that post was made in 2011 - post finals fiasco. Since then he has won two championships and reached another final. He has improved his jumpshot markedly and developed a pretty devastating post game. I mean he eviscerated the Thunder in 2012 primarily from the post.

Smook A.
11-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Gotta give credit to OP. His explanation as to why he thinks "LeBron is not as good as people think" is so in-depth and and just so... so thorough.

20Four
11-01-2014, 06:00 PM
why u hatin nigguh i thought we was cool
Says the white kid? LOL you funny mang keep flippin those burgers

Smook A.
11-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Lol why do you always say that?

SouBeachTalents
11-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Melo>LeBron in not making the Finals

Fixed

smoovegittar
11-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Fixed

Kobe> LeBron - corrected.

SouBeachTalents
11-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Kobe> LeBron > Carmelo - corrected.

Corrected

mehyaM24
11-01-2014, 06:38 PM
lol

all of this nonsense can be reduced to hate. statistiaclly (dating back to last season), lebron is one the leagues best post players - with his 3PT accuracy, he is more dangerous than ever in the half court.

as such, he has caused his TS% to skyrocket - in fact, he was top 3 last year in TS i believe. here's a chart categorizing his improvement per shooting percentages from the 3 point line (and the resulting TS percentages):

Season Rim FG 3-pt FG TS%
2010-11 56.7% 33.0% 59.4%
2011-12 72.4% 36.3% 60.5%
2012-13 72.4% 40.6% 64.0%
2013-14 79.2% 41.0% 66.9%

what about his post game you say?

here are his post-up possessions/efficiency and rank among the leagues best

Season To rim PPP Rank
2010-11 13.7% 1.043 4
2011-12 14.9% 0.959 5
2012-13 15.0% 0.972 4
2013-14 29.6% 1.185 1

lebron was rated #1 in the league per post ups - ahead of all BIGS. :oldlol: @ him not having a "half court game"

3ball
11-01-2014, 06:53 PM
what about his post game you say?

here are his post-up possessions/efficiency and rank among the leagues best

he rarely posts at all, so who cares about his efficiency.

it's the same thing you guys say about a 3-point shooter that has super-low volume - you can't compare lebron's occasional fetish to someone that lives off the shot..

lebron can't live off the post or rely on it for big game.... he must dominate the ball - always has, always will.

poido123
11-01-2014, 06:54 PM

What makes you so sure he has a Job?

Kvnzhangyay
11-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Kobe> LeBron - corrected.

If you think kobe> LeBron u obviously never were old enough to watch prime kobe

mehyaM24
11-01-2014, 06:56 PM
he rarely posts at all, so who cares about his efficiency.

maybe you didn't read my response in that other thread.. i'll go ahead and re-post it here:

i dont think you understand that a player using 16% of his possessions down on the low block...is HUGE. kobe for example, spent his time in the post (high and low) 20% of the time - and he's more of an off ball player when you think about it. keep in mind, lebron is primarily an onball player and usually THE SOLE playmaker on his teams.

of course - you simply cant ask him to do everything out there. this season, i feel you'll see him a BUNCH on the low block- and his efficiency will remain blistering.

3ball
11-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Who cares about one on one scoring

because it's at the heart of basketball.

everything else is just strategy that anyone in any era would have access to.

Real14
11-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Corrected
Lebron missed the playoffs more times than Melo. Corrected:applause:

3ball
11-01-2014, 07:03 PM
keep in mind, lebron is primarily an onball player and usually THE SOLE playmaker on his teams.

lol 16% of possessions on the post is nothing.

and kobe played 6 games last year.... :roll:

nice try though.

mehyaM24
11-01-2014, 07:05 PM
lol 16% is nothing more than a fetish.

and kobe played 6 games last year.... :roll:

nice try though.
:confusedshrug:

16% is more than most perimeter players and just behind kobe (2013), who is renowned for his high and low post game.

3ball
11-01-2014, 07:06 PM
:confusedshrug:

16% is more than most perimeter players and just behind kobe, who is renowned for his high and low post game.
kobe played 6 games last year dumbass and perimeter players don't post anymore like they used to.

which is one of the reasons you can't compare lebron to guys from previous eras when posting was an elite part of the game... 16% is laughable compared to them.

mehyaM24
11-01-2014, 07:07 PM
kobe played 6 games last year dumbass

calm down. i encourage you to look up kobe's post up stats per synergy sports in 2013, as i just quoted.

lebron's post up possessions are up there with MANY bigs as well. look it up :confusedshrug:

SouBeachTalents
11-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Lebron missed the playoffs more times than Melo. Corrected:applause:

LeBron has more Finals MVP's than Melo has conference finals appearances

3ball
11-01-2014, 07:10 PM
calm down. i encourage you to look up his post up stats per synergy sports in 2013, as i just quoted.
you can't compare the posting ability of today's perimeter players that abide by 3-and-D, to guys that played in eras where virtually every offense ran through the post.

to do so, means you are a dumbass... don't take it personally... i'm not trying to be mean, like, you can call me a dumbass too if you think it warrants..

i'm just making an observation of someone that is trying to compare 3-and-D players to the players of an era where virtually every offense ran through the post.... this is just basketball 101... :confusedshrug:

mehyaM24
11-01-2014, 07:15 PM
you can't compare the posting ability of today's perimeter players that abide by 3-and-D, to guys from previous eras that played from the post every possession as a standard.

i didn't. all i originally said was that lebron is one of the leagues best post up players and half court players all time.

i dont need to call you names, as the facts are on my side. feel free to visit synergy sports - who knows, maybe you will learn a thing or two? cheers!

3ball
11-01-2014, 07:20 PM
i didn't. all i originally said was that lebron is one of the leagues best post up players and half court players all time.

i dont need to call you names, as the facts are on my side. feel free to visit synergy sports - who knows, maybe you will learn a thing or two? cheers!
you only made the delineation of not comparing Lebron's 16% to previous eras when i pointed out that doing so would be ridiculous.

like i said, don't take it personal... we're all dumbasses at one point or another... :cheers:

mehyaM24
11-01-2014, 07:26 PM
you only made the delineation of not comparing Lebron's 16% to previous eras when i pointed out that doing so would be ridiculous.

like i said, don't take it personal... we're all dumbasses at one point or another... :cheers:
hmmm. maybe you can point to a section in my posts where i compared lebron's post ups to bigs and perimeter players from the past. i dont recall ever doing so :confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-01-2014, 07:32 PM
LMAO ... mehya ethering 3ball's monkey ass all over the place. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
11-01-2014, 07:44 PM
meyha obliterating 3ball's ass... dude is crying at home rn.

3ball
11-01-2014, 07:47 PM
meyha obliterating 3ball's ass... dude is crying at home rn.
i've ethered all the lebron stans on here so many times they are all ganging up on me... :cry:

:yaohappy:

btw, just wanted to say that the hardest quote from the post in the OP is clearly:

"Bron is not a pass/team oriented player solely becaue of his nature...he's that way because he secretly knows his weakness." (1-on-1)

hey, nobody's perfect, but this is complete exposure of an individual.... ether

3ball
11-01-2014, 08:08 PM
LMAO ... mehya ethering 3ball's monkey ass all over the place

i caught this ^^^^^ btw....

http://i.imgur.com/rzMg90m.gif

smoovegittar
11-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Corrected
Wow. You got it right. :applause: