PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe really wants another championship, he's playing for the wrong LA team...

Upgrayedd
11-01-2014, 10:18 PM
and he should be playing for the Clippers.

Imagine that lineup:

C: Jordan
PF: Griffin
SF: Barnes
SG: Kobe
PG: CP3

nathanjizzle
11-01-2014, 10:23 PM
kobe isnt lebron.

konex
11-01-2014, 10:25 PM
He wants another ring but not so much that he's gonna ring-chase. I feel being a Laker for life has become the most important thing to him since winning w/o Shaq

COnDEMnED
11-01-2014, 10:38 PM
and he should be playing for the Clippers.

Imagine that lineup:

C: Jordan
PF: Griffin
SF: Barnes
SG: Kobe
PG: CP3
Not that it has even a shred of a chance of happening, in this universe or the next, but how do you have that starting 5 with Kobe's contract. Never mind, don't answer. It's so ridiculous it doesn't even matter.

guy
11-01-2014, 11:20 PM
He wants another ring but not so much that he's gonna ring-chase. I feel being a Laker for life has become the most important thing to him since winning w/o Shaq

And if that's the case, he'll retire at the end of this season, maybe even sooner. Either way, there's no way he decides to stick around in this situation, which doesn't look like it will get that much better next year, past this season. And it really wouldn't surprise me at all if he quietly asks for a trade and ends up in New York. I say quietly cause clearly he's matured and plus he's largely responsible for ending up in this situation in the first place.

Qwyjibo
11-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Kobe is not leaving the Lakers. Whether he wants to or not. Take one look at his contract and you'll see why. There isn't a single team in the NBA that will take on a player like him at that price.

DaSeba5
11-01-2014, 11:22 PM
He has nothing to play for except pride, which I respect. Even with a 6th ring, nobody is going to pick him over Jordan. He should stay with the Lakers and be respected as an all-time Laker great and top 10 player all time. If I was a legendary player for the same team my entire career, I'd rather not sabotage that and ring chase my final years.

guy
11-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Kobe is not leaving the Lakers. Whether he wants to or not. Take one look at his contract and you'll see why. There isn't a single team in the NBA that will take on a player like him at that price.

If Kobe doesn't get hurt again and still performs close to what he did pre-Achilles, the Knicks would easily trade Amare for him.

coin24
11-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Yeah cause the Clippers routinely make it past the second round:lol :lol

Kobe will remain a Laker, the greatest Laker of all time.