PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin is flat out garbage

STATUTORY
11-02-2014, 12:48 AM
stone cold scrub

Beastmode88
11-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Said it from day 1. Average point guard.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Said it from day 1. Below average point guard.
fixed

orange_chicken
11-02-2014, 12:50 AM
This ***** can't shot nor iso. Send his azz to China.

STATUTORY
11-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Said it from day 1. Average point guard.
average?! :roll: :roll: :roll:

noob cake
11-02-2014, 12:52 AM
Rockets lost Lin.

Addition by subtraction.

kells333
11-02-2014, 12:53 AM
stone cold scrub

Swear

disel
11-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Dude is a marginal scrub. He ain't got no business starting on any nba. Team.

disel
11-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Rockets lost Lin.

Addition by subtraction.
That 1st round pick was the bigger loss. Losing Lin was a blessing.

Dubs510
11-02-2014, 01:39 AM
give lin a break he was playing in front of his hometown :coleman:

Cold soul
11-02-2014, 01:40 AM
The dude is flat out garbage, he has no business being a starter.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
11-02-2014, 01:47 AM
I can't believe how much dude has fallen off. He's nowhere near that 2012 run with the Knicks. Hell, he's nowhere near the 2012-13 season with the Rockets.

disel
11-02-2014, 01:53 AM
He was a by product of Mike D all out offensive gameplan. Heck Kendall Marshall looked amazing and a lot better then the current Lin last season.

UtahJazzFan88
11-02-2014, 02:10 AM
Let's see how he is later in the year... but he has looked terrible.

The Lakers roster as a whole is dreadfully awful. Kobe's a legend, but even Kobe ain't much anymore in terms of wins.

miggyme1
11-02-2014, 02:22 AM
he is averaging 28 mins a game and 10 points a game...dont know where the hate is coming from...i mean we knew linsanity was a one time thing.

he can only go right really..but he is deceptively quick...excellent first step..can blow past any guard in the league..can finish at the rim...just a very inconsistent shooter....and lets remember lin is a score first pg...he has been that way since high school..so if u expect him to be averaging 10 assists a game........u kidding yasef....its not his game

andremiller07
11-02-2014, 04:00 AM
he is averaging 28 mins a game and 10 points a game...dont know where the hate is coming from...i mean we knew linsanity was a one time thing.

he can only go right really..but he is deceptively quick...excellent first step..can blow past any guard in the league..can finish at the rim...just a very inconsistent shooter....and lets remember lin is a score first pg...he has been that way since high school..so if u expect him to be averaging 10 assists a game........u kidding yasef....its not his game
So a scoring PG is putting up 10ppg in 28 mins :roll:

Real14
11-02-2014, 04:07 AM
Ever since he left new york he went down hill

Cocaine80s
11-02-2014, 04:07 AM
Not even Harden can make Lin look this bad

Kobe tho :applause: :applause:

disel
11-02-2014, 09:41 AM
At some point you gotta stop others regarding lins utter incompetence and except that he just is not a good basketball player. He is a fringe role player at best.

Ancient Legend
11-02-2014, 10:59 AM
The dude is flat out garbage, he has no business being asian.

Fixed

RidonKs
11-02-2014, 11:09 AM
he's not a starting quality point guard. he's good as a combo guard spark plug off the bench but with the depth at that position in the nba, not much more. he's like one of the five worst starting point guards in the league easily. yet he's being asked to play next to kobe bryant in a pathetic lineup under the biggest media spotlight in sports.

no surprise he's letting people down. though even if he was better the lakers would still be losing and he'd still be getting blamed. its the way in that world. blame everyone but x.

Mr Exlax
11-02-2014, 11:17 AM
He's an average PG to me. Give him some time and a chance to do the things that traditional PGs do.

smoovegittar
11-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Lin is a clear cut definition of too much hype. All the shit NY got for not paying him - SMH.:facepalm

pnyozzzoo
11-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Lin is frustrating and TROLLy as one player can be towards both his fans and his haters. Because he is like the most inconsistent player ever.

If dude flat out sucks, there won't be so many fans left after N.Y. he will just be an average dude doing his thing. If he plays good most of the time people will just label him as an underrate player who is not a star in the good player category.

But he plays completely polar opposite game by game, some game he plays so well like sec best player on his team some game he disappear completely and be total trash. His number is average his PER is average. But any coach would rather have a guy give close to 14/4/6 every night than someone give 4/2/3 one night and 20/4/9 the other. He just cannot stabilize ever. Find his role ffs already.

And with the way he started and he's only asian player visible + only asian plays guard in like forever he will always draw attention like a sore thumb. He also has conflicting personality. He's effective when he plays like Westbrook but he will always try to play like nash.He talks one way play the other in game. Dude is just so polar opposite and conflicting, contradicting all the time, the best troll player so f frustrating to watch.

Current lakers is the best scenario can happen to him, even though Kobe shots alot, but truely embrace him and will be happy if Lin will do his thing and ignore Kobe even. If Lin f up this year, its over. He will not have a long career in NBA. His mindset is just not suitable for competitive sports. I am saying this as a frustrated fan.

mehyaM24
11-02-2014, 11:56 AM
he might be worse than smush parker (srs)

Xoush
11-02-2014, 12:03 PM
This dude was atrocious in the last game against GSW.

disel
11-02-2014, 12:56 PM

What is Jenny Lin averaging on what kind of FG percentage for a so called scoring first PG?

AlphaWolf24
11-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Pros...

seems like a good "Locker room guy".....very mellow keyed and easy going

can go right and finish at the rim

Cons..

very mellow and easy going....doesn't seem to have an emotional attachment to the game....

very below average going left.....outta control too much searching for the lane.

seriously dude played great for 1 month.....exactly like Flip Murray in 03' ( except Flip could D up)....

don't understand the hype as it has been 3 years and Lin has showed us what type of player he is:confusedshrug:

Artillery
11-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Kobe doesn't make his teammate better- that's why Lin looks so terrible right now. Compare this to his stint in Houston. Harden actually made Lin look like a competent point guard. That's what happens when you go from playing next to the best shooting guard in the league(Harden) to a selfish chucker that only cares about his own numbers(Kobe).

UK2K
11-02-2014, 01:18 PM
But but but...

Houston will crumble without Lin's mystique!

3-0 and Lin has looked like a bag of ass.

Houston - (Lin + Parsons) = 3-0 + 14pt avg win

Phantom84
11-02-2014, 01:39 PM
give lin a break he was playing in front of his hometown :coleman:

Seriously, why should he get a break? There are many dudes vying for a starting position in the NBA and don't make it. How many years have Lin been in the NBA, and has yet show no sign of improvement. He still doesn't have a reliable jumper, poor ass handle, weak upper body strength, make stupid ass pass in mid air, no floater, indecisive while driving to the hole, etc... Lin isn't a starter period.

DCL
11-02-2014, 01:56 PM
where are the idiot fools saying he was gonna average 18-20ppg?

there were lots of them on ish.

guess lin's play has shut them all up now. :oldlol:

FKAri
11-02-2014, 03:12 PM
where are the idiot fools saying he was gonna average 18-20ppg?

there were lots of them on ish.

guess lin's play has shut them all up now. :oldlol:

:roll:

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Lin is frustrating and TROLLy as one player can be towards both his fans and his haters. Because he is like the most inconsistent player ever.

If dude flat out sucks, there won't be so many fans left after N.Y. he will just be an average dude doing his thing. If he plays good most of the time people will just label him as an underrate player who is not a star in the good player category.

But he plays completely polar opposite game by game, some game he plays so well like sec best player on his team some game he disappear completely and be total trash. His number is average his PER is average. But any coach would rather have a guy give close to 14/4/6 every night than someone give 4/2/3 one night and 20/4/9 the other. He just cannot stabilize ever. Find his role ffs already.

And with the way he started and he's only asian player visible + only asian plays guard in like forever he will always draw attention like a sore thumb. He also has conflicting personality. He's effective when he plays like Westbrook but he will always try to play like nash.He talks one way play the other in game. Dude is just so polar opposite and conflicting, contradicting all the time, the best troll player so f frustrating to watch.

Current lakers is the best scenario can happen to him, even though Kobe shots alot, but truely embrace him and will be happy if Lin will do his thing and ignore Kobe even. If Lin f up this year, its over. He will not have a long career in NBA. His mindset is just not suitable for competitive sports. I am saying this as a frustrated fan.

so he's an erratic player who could score in bunches, but when there's a particular scheme set both by the opposing team/defense, or the offense trying to explore the other team, he hasn't had his break through.

and it's one of those case where at the least for some people they are calling it the last chance to show whether or not he has that scorer mentality.

since I'm using the term scorer loosely here as averaging 10 PPG as a starter with 28 min (didn't look up stats) can't necessarily be considered as a "scorer"

his passing ability though.

you sort of need to get him a straight line to drive.

STATUTORY
11-02-2014, 04:01 PM
you sort of need to get him a straight line to drive.

i wouldn't trust an asian behind the wheel

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 04:14 PM
i wouldn't trust an asian behind the wheel

an asian should purchase google

since you probably trust an asian playing monopoly

KungFuJoe
11-02-2014, 05:31 PM
He's looking worse now than he did coming off the bench for Houston. I don't know what is wrong with him...he has NO excuses on this lakers squad. He's getting minutes and touches.

I just hope he isn't mind ****ed right now. He does seem like he has a very fragile ego.

Maybe his ankles are still bothering him? He is a player that relies heavily on athletic ability.

MiseryCityTexas
11-02-2014, 05:37 PM
stone cold scrub

I tried to tell idiots in this forum this past play-offs that Jeremy Lin sucks, and was one of the biggest reasons why the Rockets lost against Portland. Lin stans completely ignored the fact that Lin missed all them friggin point blank wide open layups, and these bitch ****** kept defending him for some reason.

UK2K
11-02-2014, 06:02 PM
I tried to tell idiots in this forum this past play-offs that Jeremy Lin sucks, and was one of the biggest reasons why the Rockets lost against Portland. Lin stans completely ignored the fact that Lin missed all them friggin point blank wide open layups, and these bitch ****** kept defending him for some reason.
And Lillard tore him up.

Bev played solid defense when he was in even though he was hospitalized for a night or two during the series.

MiseryCityTexas
11-02-2014, 08:27 PM
And Lillard tore him up.

Bev played solid defense when he was in even though he was hospitalized for a night or two during the series.

Yep this was another fact Insidehoops kept sweeping under the rug whenever I brought it up. Patrick basically played throughout that play-off series hurt. He probably would have done a much better job guarding Lillard if he was a 100 % healthy.

outbreak
11-02-2014, 08:38 PM
ISH is retarded. All the people who were hyping him now hate him. Anyone with half a brain could tell during linsanity that he was benefiting from having free reign and from other teams not having seen footage or having a chance to gameplan against him. I don't think he's a complete scrub but he isn't a starter in this league considering how many quality point guards are coming off the bench in this era. I'd rather someone like Vasquez over Lin.

ronnymac
11-03-2014, 12:59 AM
I would not call him garbage because he has shown at tilmes he can be solid.Lin is a good kid but with to much expectations.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-03-2014, 01:00 AM
I would not call him garbage because he has shown at tilmes he can be solid.Lin is a good kid but with to much expectations.
Let's play "spot the Asian".

Cocaine80s
11-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Dude has the shittiest handles in the league (for pg standards)

Hes decent in everything else but those handles tho :facepalm

ronnymac
11-03-2014, 01:05 AM
Let's play "spot the Asian".
you need look elsewhere.I am not one.I am a rockets fan who saw how lins crazy hardcore fans put unrealistic expectations on him.Most of us never had an issue with lin but more so with his rabid fans.

Lamar Odumbb
11-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Im not saying Lin will be clutch like D Fish but when Fisher was a young dude he was awful his first 3-4 years. Chick Hearn used to mock him and say he is like a Nascar race because he only knows how to go left and he is good for nothing else.

This is Lin's 2nd full year as a starter so wait till the season is over to bury him.

GimmeThat
11-03-2014, 02:12 AM
he needs to be able to

burn the clock

coin24
11-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Waste of $15m:facepalm

Stupid asshole can't even dribble the ball without turning it over..

nathanjizzle
03-22-2016, 10:34 AM
Yikes

ArbitraryWater
03-22-2016, 11:08 AM
oops

oarabbus
03-23-2016, 02:29 AM
Annnnnd the Laker fans were trying to say Lin was the reason the team was bad :roll:

dazzer87
03-23-2016, 02:57 AM
:lol :lol :lol

GOATJono
03-23-2016, 04:52 AM
OP looking like an idiot now. Jeremy 'Jordan' Lin single-handedly took a crap on the spurs.

Kidbasketball20
03-23-2016, 05:26 AM
:lol :lol :roll: :banana: :pimp:

sportjames23
03-23-2016, 06:10 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

bobopenguin
03-23-2016, 06:35 AM
I am probably the only Lakers who pissed how they treated Lin and let him go..:facepalm

nathanjizzle
03-23-2016, 10:26 AM
yikes

LakersForlife
03-23-2016, 10:48 AM
ops

andgar923
03-23-2016, 11:48 AM
I am probably the only Lakers who pissed how they treated Lin and let him go..:facepalm
Kobetards run the Lakers.

KungFuJoe
03-23-2016, 01:48 PM

Lifetime Laker fan here. I was happy when Lin signed because that meant he was coming to my city/team...but the way Byron and Kobe treated him...I was honestly fine with him leaving.

Now look...Lakers are a ****ing mess and Hornets are making big noise right now heading into the playoffs.

tamaraw08
03-23-2016, 02:34 PM

Not true, I'm still angry at Byron Scott to the point of losing my respect for him from trashing Lin in the media.

AirTupac
03-23-2016, 02:44 PM
Lin is a mentally weak subpar player.

Dr Seuss
03-23-2016, 02:48 PM

this. its great to see lin playing well with the hornets, though he does have a lot of low moments with them too

but anyone that says lin was good on the lakers is flat out lying. he was terrible for us and we had high expectations for him. he honestly looked scared anytime he was paired with kobe to the point where he would make so many mental mistakes because of it.

ronnie god damn price took the starting gig from him for christs sake

KungFuJoe
03-23-2016, 02:53 PM
this. its great to see lin playing well with the hornets, though he does have a lot of low moments with them too

but anyone that says lin was good on the lakers is flat out lying. he was terrible for us and we had high expectations for him. he honestly looked scared anytime he was paired with kobe to the point where he would make so many mental mistakes because of it.

He wasn't good on the Lakers (though he wasn't as horrible as some of you guys make him out to be)...he was still averaging double figure points.

Actually wasn't putting up much worse stats than Russell is right now. And before anyone brings up Russell's age, keep in mind that people are touting Russell to be a superstar in this league. Lin wasn't even drafted.

Regardless, we all know that Scott and his autistic ways was the problem. Look how he ****ed with Russell all through the season. He did the same shit with Lin...only Lin never got a second chance like Russell did because obviously the Lakers are more invested in Russell.

KungFuJoe
03-23-2016, 02:54 PM

What's Ronnie Price doing these days? Is he even still in the league?

Levity
03-23-2016, 02:58 PM
What's Ronnie Price doing these days? Is he even still in the league?

hes getting consistent minutes with PHX lately, believe it or not :lol

dude still cant hit a 3 pointer to save his life, though

KungFuJoe
03-23-2016, 03:02 PM
hes getting consistent minutes with PHX lately, believe it or not :lol

dude still cant hit a 3 pointer to save his life, though

That's because Phoenix barely has one PG on their active roster in Knight. Spanoulis could get playing time in Phoenix.

Kidbasketball20
03-23-2016, 06:20 PM
Lin's success is all based on who he has for a coach and if they trust/support him.

Hence why he's killed it with Mikey D and now Steve Clifford..

HoopDreams247
03-23-2016, 08:13 PM

*** this noise. It's like a revolving door the knocks haters throw at Lin. Whether it's the myth that he has no left, or that he's a defensive liability, or that he's a mentally weak player, as soon as Lin does something to disprove one knock -> his haters go back to spouting the same, worn cliches.

Face it, Scott sucks as a coach. He and the losing, uninspired culture in LA led to lackluster play from all players. And don't even bring up Ronnie Price. How many games did he win for LA? I can name at least two Lin won for LA, not to mention his solid post All-Star break run. Saying Lin was scared of Kobe is a copout excuse.

theaussieguy
03-23-2016, 08:17 PM
lin will probably go down as the best asian PG to ever play the game. legit

Cocaine80s
03-23-2016, 08:34 PM
Meh, dude is still getting outshined by Kemba

Wont be nothing more than a solid bench player for the rest of his career

VIP2000
03-23-2016, 08:47 PM

Of course he is getting outshined by Kemba, considering Kemba's pretty much their franchise player. And being nothing more than a solid bench player for the rest of his career would be pretty good for Lin, considering he went undrafted.

bobopenguin
03-23-2016, 08:51 PM
in fact thus guy is only getting paid $2mil. its a fking steal.

AirTupac
03-23-2016, 08:53 PM
*** this noise. It's like a revolving door the knocks haters throw at Lin. Whether it's the myth that he has no left, or that he's a defensive liability, or that he's a mentally weak player, as soon as Lin does something to disprove one knock -> his haters go back to spouting the same, worn cliches.

Face it, Scott sucks as a coach. He and the losing, uninspired culture in LA led to lackluster play from all players. And don't even bring up Ronnie Price. How many games did he win for LA? I can name at least two Lin won for LA, not to mention his solid post All-Star break run. Saying Lin was scared of Kobe is a copout excuse.

Just because your asian doesnt mean facts are going to change. This dude was shook whenever the spotlight was on him or Kobe was yelling mean things to him. He lost his spot to Ronnie Price man :roll:

bobopenguin
03-23-2016, 09:59 PM
Just because your asian doesnt mean facts are going to change. This dude was shook whenever the spotlight was on him or Kobe was yelling mean things to him. He lost his spot to Ronnie Price man :roll:

that's cos BS wanted to promote another dark skin brother of his.

ISHGoat
03-23-2016, 10:40 PM
in fact thus guy is only getting paid $2mil. its a fking steal.

meanwhile derrick rose...

fking thief too.

50m over the 3 last years and hes averaging like 16 ppg on sub 40% FG% since he started his contract

KungFuJoe
03-23-2016, 11:34 PM

You hating on a NON DRAFTED Harvard dude actually making the NBA and being a valuable player (bench or not)?

How many lottery dudes aren't even in the ****ing league after a few years?

The **** is wrong with you?

Cocaine80s
03-24-2016, 12:55 AM
You hating on a NON DRAFTED Harvard dude actually making the NBA and being a valuable player (bench or not)?

How many lottery dudes aren't even in the ****ing league after a few years?

The **** is wrong with you?
Aww this LOF is mad :cry:

bobopenguin
03-24-2016, 01:19 AM
Aww this LOF is mad :cry:
Cocaine80s 0: kungfujoe 1

oarabbus
03-24-2016, 03:29 AM

And... now Ronnie Price is averaging 5 points a game while Lin is putting in a case to be considered for 6MOY.

Just because your coach has an IQ of 80 doesn't mean you blame it on Lin :oldlol:

MiseryCityTexas
03-24-2016, 07:40 AM
He's a career role player. Even Jose Calderon has his moments.

MiseryCityTexas
03-24-2016, 08:31 AM
And... now Ronnie Price is averaging 5 points a game while Lin is putting in a case to be considered for 6MOY.

Just because your coach has an IQ of 80 doesn't mean you blame it on Lin :oldlol:

This guy must have friends in high places in the league, because this guy shoulda been out of the league 8 seasons ago.:biggums: :wtf: he was never a good NBA player.