PDA

View Full Version : The expectations on Kobe are a testament to his greatness

Magic731
11-02-2014, 01:08 AM
The man is 36 years old in his 19th season, coming off an injury that would end most careers. Yet it is still expected of him to be scoring 30 a night and leading this team of mediocre players to a winning record.

A Vince Carter thread the other night had someone say that the reason for him only playing six minutes was that he is 37 years old. Meanwhile Kobe is playing 30 minutes a night and carrying the bulk of the scoring. Just a true professional, a true great of the game.

MellowYellow
11-02-2014, 01:11 AM
Why do you think he is always terrible in the 4th? The man is old, he can still be kobe for stretches but he is incapable of being the man on any successful team at this point. Come to NY Kobe, Melo will be the batman to your robin!!!

dubeta
11-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Is expecting him to atleast make the playoffs too much to ask for?

Noyze
11-02-2014, 01:17 AM
I remember when Wesley Johnson got that offensive rebound and turn around shot in the 4th. There was so much time on the clock and I know he was thinking "I finally got the ball." The warriors were starting to pull away and Kobe wasn't attempting to create for other teammates to help them build confidence.

Oh and Jeremy Lin was trash all night damn.