PDA

View Full Version : Kobe just dropped 28 effortlessly in the 4th game in 5 night

BigBoss
11-02-2014, 01:18 AM
End of a back to back.

36 years old

Torn achilles

Fractured knee

How great is our GOD?

Smoke117
11-02-2014, 01:20 AM
28 points on 28 shots isn't effortlessly. 41 points on 18 shots is though.

SouBeachTalents
End of a back to back.

36 years old

Torn achilles

Fractured knee

How great is our GOD?

0-4?

DFish24
GOAT Longevity:bowdown: Bran would be lucky to get half when he 36.

T_L_P
11-02-2014, 01:21 AM

:lebronamazed:

Mr. Jabbar
11-02-2014, 01:22 AM
36 y/o kobe fantasy shots > lebron dunks in transition/differing to love

BigBoss
11-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Kobes putting up BIG numbers AND he's helping the future of the Lakers by securing a high draft pick and getting ratings for the Time Warner deal. He's doing his job i don't understand why some people are confused :confusedshrug:

Heavincent
11-02-2014, 01:28 AM
Incredible longevity.

sbw19
11-02-2014, 01:34 AM
I'm not worried about the offense, least of which Kobe's (Lakers are averaging 101ppg.) But allowing a league-worst 118ppg isn't so flattering. Just for reference, their averages last season were 103/109 pts scored/allowed.

DonDadda59
11-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Kobe 'Empty Stats' Bryant.

francesco totti
11-02-2014, 01:46 AM
you think lakers get better defensively with asstoni gone. they are worse with lin and boozer into the lineup

awful team defensively.

sportjames23
11-02-2014, 02:32 AM
0-4?

:oldlol:

sirkeelma
11-02-2014, 02:37 AM
0-4?

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a558/sirkee318/1236078_974130025948855_2569602202403999261_n_zps3 3b8ba7e.jpg (http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/sirkee318/media/1236078_974130025948855_2569602202403999261_n_zps3 3b8ba7e.jpg.html)

Noob Saibot
11-02-2014, 02:40 AM

ether. btw, the Kobe System requires maximum effort but little efficiency.

chris02jammers
11-02-2014, 05:20 AM
0 - 4, 28 shots to get 28 points hahahha damn...

Nowitness
11-02-2014, 05:46 AM
But he lost for the fourth game in 5 nights.

Andrei89
11-02-2014, 08:25 AM
And he got lit up for 41.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kobe da GAWD is nothing more than Nick Young at this point.

chris02jammers
11-02-2014, 08:36 AM
And he got lit up for 41.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kobe da GAWD is nothing more than Nick Young at this point.

kobe nothing but an old dawg chucker hahahaha

kshutts1
11-02-2014, 08:41 AM
I know that it's Kobe, so he will be hated on regardless, but consider...
Rose has not played in two years.
Kobe has not played in one year.
Rose is young.
Kobe is old.
Expectations for Kobe are sky-high.
Expectations for Rose are low/comical.

1) It's been just a week. Let's all calm down.
2) Why is old Kobe held to a higher standard than a prime-age former MVP/
3) In both cases, let them work through the rust.
4) The simple fact that Kobe gets hated for scoring "only" 28 points on 28 shots shows how great he once was, and how dangerous he still is.

Our god? No, I'm not that kinda guy. But he's a top 10-15 historical talent, no question, and he's still good enough to do damage when damage needs to be done.

I<3NBA
11-02-2014, 09:34 AM
honestly, i was expecting him to walk with a crutch at this point.

so i'm impressed :applause:

go Kobe! get that scoring record!

SwayDizzle
11-02-2014, 09:49 AM
by the 10th game, Kobe will be in form, same as the rest of the team. Kobe hasn't played in a year, give him time to adjust. the game evolves on its own

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 09:52 AM
empty stats

amiright?

DMAVS41
11-02-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm wondering if how Kobe plays is almost irrelevant to the Lakers winning many games this year.

It would be relevant if he wasn't so ball dominant and picked his spots, but the style he plays might not just have a big impact.

Last night he was absolutely dreadful in the first half by any measure. Think he was 3-10 with 4 turnovers and a couple missed free throws...

Lakers were down 6 at half.

Then he does what he does in the 2nd half and they get blown out.

I just don't think Kobe can be efficient enough to make Kobe ball work anymore...certainly not with his teammates...and certainly not with how super efficient other teams and superstars have become. And he certainly can't take 28 shots and make a positive impact on defense like we saw last night.

Kobe ball was far better back pre 2006 actually...when the rules weren't so easy for everyone to score efficiently. Now? The difference between how guys like Harden, Curry, Paul, Durant, Lebron...etc. score compared to Kobe is likely going to be too big of a gap for Kobe's scoring to matter.

It's a shame because on a quality team like a lot of the other stars now currently have...Kobe could be perhaps the most dangerous player in the league (if...and it's a big IF...he played the right way)

It's kind of meh for me...I love watching it, but the rules are just such a joke now that I think talented offensive players can get 25 plus points pretty easily on bad teams taking 25 shots a game. Fun to watch when they get hot, but that's about it.

Kblaze8855
11-02-2014, 10:08 AM
I watched that second half with 3 Kobe fans and another bulls fan. 2 of the Laker fans were ready for Kobe to retire by the end...the other is all about Kobe so he defended him. He loves Kobe and Lin...

The other 2 were fed up with the shot selection.

And it was pretty bad. Dude taking pullup threes for no reason, losing the ball on the way up in traffic, and fading away over 2-3 defenders like he doesnt know any better.

That wasnt some great game. It was Kobe making some tough shots for a moment. But you wouldnt want anyone to go play that way on a regular basis.

DMAVS41
11-02-2014, 10:13 AM
I watched that second half with 3 Kobe fans and another bulls fan. 2 of the Laker fans were ready for Kobe to retire by the end...the other is all about Kobe so he defended him. He loves Kobe and Lin...

And it was pretty bad. Dude taking pullup threes for no reason, losing the ball on the way up in traffic, and fading away over 2-3 defenders like he doesnt know any better.

That wasnt some great game. It was Kobe making some tough shots for a moment. But you wouldnt want anyone to go play that way on a regular basis.

Exactly.

You play the games like that all year. And it's going to be roughly 25 points on like 49 to 51 percent true shooting and that will lead to getting the absolute least out of teammates because they'll just have no idea when he's going to pass.

The Lakers aren't good obviously, but they aren't this bad. They could be competitive once they get some chemistry...but Kobe has to take a step back a bit for that to happen.

Also, the defense has just been horrendous with Kobe out there so far. Now, it's obviously a small sample...but just to give in an insight into the Lakers defense with Kobe on the court right now:

Kobe on the court drtg? 132.7
Kobe off the court drtg? 100.0

chazzy
11-02-2014, 11:08 AM
There's nothing to analyze anymore. The guy's played the 4th most minutes ever coming off of a fractured knee and torn achilles playing with a garbage roster. He'll have some cool vintage moments, but he will be disappointing overall this year. Appreciate the moments like the 3rd quarter instead of trashing him overall. It's like when people shit on Wiz MJ for being the most inefficient scorer or something. Dude was old as hell.. appreciate the games he went off

DMAVS41
11-02-2014, 11:22 AM
There's nothing to analyze anymore. The guy's played the 4th most minutes ever coming off of a fractured knee and torn achilles playing with a garbage roster. He'll have some cool vintage moments, but he will be disappointing overall this year. Appreciate the moments like the 3rd quarter instead of trashing him overall. It's like when people shit on Wiz MJ for being the most inefficient scorer or something. Dude was old as hell.. appreciate the games he went off

I don't quite agree. I definitely think it's fun to watch, but Wizards MJ was actually older and played in the toughest defensive era perhaps ever in the NBA.

The apt comparison is that both of their help sucks.

Kobe looks healthier and has a bit more bounce to him at least so far...but more importantly, is playing in a softer era. Current Kobe is more athletic and just a better basketball player (maybe in large part because of the rules now...but that doesn't matter).

If Kobe was on a legit team he and he played smart...he could still easily be one of the better players in the league and probably the most dangerous guy in the league because of what he can do like he did in the 3rd qtr last night.

Put him in that Duncan or Dirk role (assuming the Mavs stay healthy and don't require a lot from Dirk) and he could flourish in a big way if he played the right way.

But that is the thing with Kobe. The Lakers could have definitely had a strong team, but Kobe didn't want to just become part of the team. He wanted to be "the guy" as usual and if winning is really what drives him...then he should be kicking himself for driving away the best big man in the game to a conference opponent. The Lakers had it all lined up for him (as usual) and he just couldn't or didn't care to try to make it work. And that's on him....

So when I see him out there looking at teammates and getting frustrated...it's just kind of funny to me. He made his own bed here way more than most players ever do.

mehyaM24
11-02-2014, 11:31 AM
If Kobe was on a legit team he and he played smart...he could still easily be one of the better players in the league and probably the most dangerous guy in the league because of what he can do like he did in the 3rd qtr last night.

Put him in that Duncan or Dirk role (assuming the Mavs stay healthy and don't require a lot from Dirk) and he could flourish in a big way if he played the right way.

you are asking kobe to be something he is NOT nor ever will be. guy is the antithesis of TEAM.

dating back to the laker championship runs, his teams had games they won in spite of kobe (below average elimination player- going 6-24 in game 7, missing tons of clutch shots in orlando e.g. the finals). playing WITHIN the team isn't in his dna - which is why phil jackson has been quoted saying kobe would NOT age gracefully.

the more his athleticism declines, the worse the shot selection.

a part of me feels bad for laker fans.

chazzy
11-02-2014, 11:40 AM
But that is the thing with Kobe. The Lakers could have definitely had a strong team, but Kobe didn't want to just become part of the team. He wanted to be "the guy" as usual and if winning is really what drives him...then he should be kicking himself for driving away the best big man in the game to a conference opponent. The Lakers had it all lined up for him (as usual) and he just couldn't or didn't care to try to make it work. And that's on him....

So when I see him out there looking at teammates and getting frustrated...it's just kind of funny to me. He made his own bed here way more than most players ever do.
I see you're running with that Abbott article. I've been saying it over and over, but the biggest thing there is to blame is Kobe's achilles injury and the coaching situationi. Why would Dwight sign 5 years of his career to a team whose coach who didn't use him right and best player just had the worst injury you can have? It wasn't some huge shock Dwight left. Even if Kobe was the perfect teammate/personality, there's no way to sugarcoat that situation. That's why it's funny to me when people make such a big deal about the Lakers not signing big names. They only had cap space for 2 years during the worst stretch of their franchise history in a while - big shocker that they didn't get anyone.

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 11:53 AM

Kobe fans are weird. As long as he provides you with a few sick highlights a game, all of his other bad plays are excused.

chazzy
11-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Kobe fans are weird. As long as he provides you with a few sick highlights a game, all of his other bad plays are excused.
I just meant.. don't hold him to the standards he had when he was in his prime and in the mix for best player in the game. He's on his way out and there will be more bad than good, so appreciate the good moments rather than make a huge deal about the bad.

CJ Mustard
11-02-2014, 12:03 PM
I just meant.. don't hold him to the standards he had when he was in his prime and in the mix for best player in the game. He's on his way out and there will be more bad than good, so appreciate the good moments rather than make a huge deal about the bad.
He's getting paid like one of the best players in the league, so why wouldn't he be held to those standards? Not to mention he's still putting up shots like he's the Kobe of old, and it's hurting his team.

mehyaM24
11-02-2014, 12:07 PM
why should we appreciate a player, shamelessly chucking for the sake of PPG output?

ralph_i_el
11-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Hmmm. I remember Kobe jacking up shitty 3's and taking more shots than points.

I'm pretty sure most wings could do that. They'd just be benched.

Who was saying that GS would be better with Kobe in place of Curry? that shit:roll:

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 12:13 PM

Okay, I get that, but why is he then still taking the same shots and same volume of shots as if he would be in his prime?

chazzy
11-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Okay, I get that, but why is he then still taking the same shots and same volume of shots as if he would be in his prime?
Because he's Kobe Bryant on a garbage team and nothing matters. Seriously, the main goal of this season was to develop Randle and get a top 5 pick, with Kobe drawing crowds and entertaining for his last two years.

Yao Ming's Foot
11-02-2014, 12:41 PM

Why wouldn't he? The gap on offense between he and his teammates is just the same as 05-07 if not more. :confusedshrug:

gcvbcat
11-02-2014, 12:42 PM
28 points on 28 shots isn't bad, even efficient if you ask me. it is almost like going 14/28 on 2 point attempts= 50% shooting.

AlphaWolf24
11-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Hasn't played a real game in over a year.....

ruptured his Achilles.....

Is on a team with a bunch of players he never played with...

In his 19th season...36 years old...

- He's playing inconsistent.....on offense and defense

- He has moments when old Kobe looks like old Kobe......He has moments when he looks like an old Kobe.

- it will take some time.....he will find a way to balance it out and play great ball.

Yao Ming's Foot
11-02-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't quite agree. I definitely think it's fun to watch, but Wizards MJ was actually older and played in the toughest defensive era perhaps ever in the NBA.

The apt comparison is that both of their help sucks.

Kobe looks healthier and has a bit more bounce to him at least so far...but more importantly, is playing in a softer era. Current Kobe is more athletic and just a better basketball player (maybe in large part because of the rules now...but that doesn't matter).

What does make it work mean exactly?

Taking 7 mil a year so Chandler Parsons can get paid instead? Frankly there is more circumstantial evidence that superstar players don't want to play with Dirk than there is with Kobe.

OldSchoolBBall
11-02-2014, 12:51 PM
28 points on 28 shots isn't bad, even efficient if you ask me. it is almost like going 14/28 on 2 point attempts= 50% shooting.

His TEE-EHS% for the game was 46%.

supercybergeek
11-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Too Bad Clay Thompson dropped 41 on his head

AlphaWolf24
11-02-2014, 12:55 PM
His TEE-EHS% for the game was 46%.

He shot at least 3 shots with 5 seconds left on the 24...( meaning he got the ball with under 5 left and had to shoot)

jeezuzzz.....he could have made 20 for 20...LA would have still lost.....they can't play interior Defense....3 times no one was even back to guard layups.

obsession with advanced stats is cringeworthy:facepalm

RRR3
11-02-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm wondering if how Kobe plays is almost irrelevant to the Lakers winning many games this year.

It would be relevant if he wasn't so ball dominant and picked his spots, but the style he plays might not just have a big impact.

Last night he was absolutely dreadful in the first half by any measure. Think he was 3-10 with 4 turnovers and a couple missed free throws...

Lakers were down 6 at half.

Then he does what he does in the 2nd half and they get blown out.

I just don't think Kobe can be efficient enough to make Kobe ball work anymore...certainly not with his teammates...and certainly not with how super efficient other teams and superstars have become. And he certainly can't take 28 shots and make a positive impact on defense like we saw last night.

Kobe ball was far better back pre 2006 actually...when the rules weren't so easy for everyone to score efficiently. Now? The difference between how guys like Harden, Curry, Paul, Durant, Lebron...etc. score compared to Kobe is likely going to be too big of a gap for Kobe's scoring to matter.

It's a shame because on a quality team like a lot of the other stars now currently have...Kobe could be perhaps the most dangerous player in the league (if...and it's a big IF...he played the right way)

It's kind of meh for me...I love watching it, but the rules are just such a joke now that I think talented offensive players can get 25 plus points pretty easily on bad teams taking 25 shots a game. Fun to watch when they get hot, but that's about it.
Lol at most dangerous player. Please. He's washed up. Nowhere near as dangerous as KD LBJ WB CP3 Melo BG etc

TryToBeUnbias
11-02-2014, 01:31 PM
It's time to move on children...

DMAVS41
11-02-2014, 02:02 PM
What does make it work mean exactly?

Taking 7 mil a year so Chandler Parsons can get paid instead? Frankly there is more circumstantial evidence that superstar players don't want to play with Dirk than there is with Kobe.

I'd read into that the exact opposite...that superstars want LA and not Dallas. That seems obvious.

You think Dirk and Shaq are feuding? You thing Phil is writing a book calling Dirk uncoachable? You think Dirk is bleeding the salary cap dry and driving Dwight Howard out of town at age 35? Come one now...even die hard and blinded Kobe stans like yourself doesn't honestly think that.

The difference between help for Dirk and Kobe is that one guy lucked into the Lakers...and the other had to help rebuild one of the worst franchises in all of sports.

And yes...I want my franchise guy being willing to do whatever is best for the team. Like Dirk and Duncan have done...being open to taking a lesser role, taking less money, being good teammates on and off the court...etc.

It's why I'd take Dirk as my franchise guy over Kobe...

DMAVS41
11-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Lol at most dangerous player. Please. He's washed up. Nowhere near as dangerous as KD LBJ WB CP3 Melo BG etc

of course not overall...I'm talking about him in those spurts that would make him so dangerous.

he is absolutely not washed up. he's still a very good offensive player. his problem, as it has always been, will be wasting those 3 to 4 possessions a game and not playing defense for half the game.

if Kobe was in a better spot and was willing to change his game a little...he could be absolutely deadly.

washed up though? GTFO..dude can still score with the best of them.

tpols
11-02-2014, 02:08 PM

werent you in the GT last night praising kobe? :lol

Guess the boxscore changed your mind.. but yea he doesnt really trust his teammates but who would? When youre throwing it to boozer/jordan hill in the post, lin/wes on the wings.. these guys suck at basketball.. theyre flat out terrible. They can get hustle plays, maybe hit an open jumper, but they have no creation ability.

DMAVS41
11-02-2014, 02:09 PM
I see you're running with that Abbott article. I've been saying it over and over, but the biggest thing there is to blame is Kobe's achilles injury and the coaching situationi. Why would Dwight sign 5 years of his career to a team whose coach who didn't use him right and best player just had the worst injury you can have? It wasn't some huge shock Dwight left. Even if Kobe was the perfect teammate/personality, there's no way to sugarcoat that situation. That's why it's funny to me when people make such a big deal about the Lakers not signing big names. They only had cap space for 2 years during the worst stretch of their franchise history in a while - big shocker that they didn't get anyone.

I'm not running with the article. I've been saying that shit on here for 5 years...LOL

If anything...Abbott is running with what I and others have been saying.

It's just so obvious now. It's not just the injury...you know that...it's Kobe's just utter refusal to be a good teammate and make it work with Howard.

Big names? You don't need big names. Kobe and Dwight and a guy like I. Thomas and some filler could be scary good. Losing Howard set you guys back like 3 to 5 years. Just the truth...and it's not only the injury...it's Kobe's personality...just obvious to everyone that doesn't have blinders on. The evidence has been there since early on.

I love how Kobe fans want us to ignore all the evidence and assume Abbott made up the quotes...ignore Phil's book. Ignore the Shaq v Kobe stuff. Ignore it all...

tpols
11-02-2014, 02:14 PM
kobe dwight and filler isnt winning anything in todays west.

Harden at this point is a bigger threat/better player than Kobe.. who certainly has higher potential too as hes a young guy, can still up his defense if he tries and hes healthy. Kobe doesnt have the legs to guard the perimeter and create all game at the same time.

And Houston who has good role players around dwight and harden are not even going to have HCA in the first round, much less any chance at all of winning a title.

Kobe dwight is like a worse version of that.. so it wouldnt have even mattered.

DMAVS41
11-02-2014, 02:16 PM
kobe dwight and filler isnt winning anything in todays west.

Harden at this point is a bigger threat/better player than Kobe.. who certainly has higher potential too as hes a young guy, can still up his defense if he tries and hes healthy. Kobe doesnt have the legs to guard the perimeter and create all game at the same time.

And Houston who has good role players around dwight and harden are not even going to have HCA in the first round, much less any chance at all of winning a title.

Kobe dwight is like a worse version of that.. so it wouldnt have even mattered.

Who said win it all? I just want to see him play in competitive games and perhaps the playoffs.

I'm not holding the Lakers or any team in the West to a championship or bust standard. That is unfair...

chazzy
11-02-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm not running with the article. I've been saying that shit on here for 5 years...LOL

It's just so obvious now. It's not just the injury...you know that...it's Kobe's just utter refusal to be a good teammate and make it work with Howard.

Big names? You don't need big names. Kobe and Dwight and a guy like I. Thomas and some filler could be scary good. Losing Howard set you guys back like 3 to 5 years. Just the truth...and it's not only the injury...it's Kobe's personality...just obvious to everyone that doesn't have blinders on. The evidence has been there since early on.
First off, Dwight isn't some perfect teammate either. Let's not forget about the "Dwightmare" that led to the trade in the first place. And secondly, YES the injury to himself and the roster situation were the absolute biggest factors. You're telling me if Kobe was an ideal teammate/personality, they would have had been able to resign Dwight despite him suffering a torn achilles?

That team had no upside prior to the injury.. no young star to play with, every key piece on the decline.. and the one all nba level teammate you have tears his achilles? Yeah, I don't know anyone who would chose that situation over what the Rockets had. Why hasn't Dallas been able to get any of the big names the past couple years despite the cap space they've carved out? It's not Milwaukee, Dirk has been playing well lately.. why didn't Dwight, Melo, Lebron etc sign with Dirk? It's not always so black and white.

Yao Ming's Foot
11-02-2014, 02:20 PM
I'd read into that the exact opposite...that superstars want LA and not Dallas. That seems obvious.

You think Dirk and Shaq are feuding? You thing Phil is writing a book calling Dirk uncoachable? You think Dirk is bleeding the salary cap dry and driving Dwight Howard out of town at age 35? Come one now...even die hard and blinded Kobe stans like yourself doesn't honestly think that.

The difference between help for Dirk and Kobe is that one guy lucked into the Lakers...and the other had to help rebuild one of the worst franchises in all of sports.

And yes...I want my franchise guy being willing to do whatever is best for the team. Like Dirk and Duncan have done...being open to taking a lesser role, taking less money, being good teammates on and off the court...etc.

It's why I'd take Dirk as my franchise guy over Kobe...

Nash left Dirk.
Chandler left Dirk.
Deron Williams passed on joining Dirk.
Chris Paul passed on joining Dirk.
Dwight Howard passed on joining Dirk.
Lebron James passed on joining Dirk.

:confusedshrug:

Is their any evidence of any players actually taking less money to play with Dirk? Seems like the Mavs have to overpay to get anybody.

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 02:23 PM
werent you in the GT last night praising kobe? :lol

Guess the boxscore changed your mind.. but yea he doesnt really trust his teammates but who would? When youre throwing it to boozer/jordan hill in the post, lin/wes on the wings.. these guys suck at basketball.. theyre flat out terrible. They can get hustle plays, maybe hit an open jumper, but they have no creation ability.

I was, but Kobe is above criticism with y'all.... You're only allowed to hand out praise it seems.

I'm just saying, Kobe's team is garbage, yes, I know that... (Jordan Hill's a beast), but we can also Point out Kobe's inefficient chucking.... He was god mode in the 3rd, and at the same time took 30 footers with 20 secs on the shot clock.

I guess you can't expect much more at this Age... I dont know. I didnt expect much more or less, although I like the defensive effort... But if People are saying Kobe is still top 20, then we need to hold him to that standart.

tpols
11-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Who said win it all? I just want to see him play in competitive games and perhaps the playoffs.

I'm not holding the Lakers or any team in the West to a championship or bust standard. That is unfair...

then it comes down to the old argument would you rather field a middling team or tank...

most fans would rather tank for the future rather than be the hawks of the west. So theres no 'setting back 3-5 years' when the result would have been first round exits anyways.. and no chance at top draft picks that will be the most important thing for the future.

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Nash left Dirk.
Chandler left Dirk.

Is their any evidence of any players actually taking less money to play with Dirk? Seems like the Mavs have to overpay to get anybody.

Shaq left Kobe
Payton left Kobe
Malone left Kobe
Fisher left Kobe
Ariza left Kobe

Pippen left Jordan
Rodman left Jordan

etc etc etc

Everyone leaves sooner or later... I'm interested in HOW and WHY.

DMAVS41
11-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Nash left Dirk.
Chandler left Dirk.

Nash wanted to stay. Cuban wouldn't pay him.
Chandler wanted to stay. Cuban wouldn't pay him.

The rest I think is obviously about market honestly...and idiot players...but not attracting free agents isn't what I'm talking about. Although Paul actually wanted to come to Dallas with Howard...but it didn't work out.

I'm talking about losing the player they already had because of Kobe. That is totally different than the examples above.

It would be apt if Nash or Chandler left for less money or something...but that isn't what happened.

Oh...and you could create the same list about Kobe:

Howard left
Shaq left
Gasol left
Lebron didn't want to join Kobe
Melo didnt' want to join Kobe
Bosh didn't want to join Kobe

On and on...not an apt comparison...especially as it's LA that is the main draw...which makes it even worse that Kobe has driven out Shaq and Howard....that is straight up crazy

And could you find some evidence that players that have played with Dirk don't like playing with him? I mean...I'm sure there is something out there, but why isn't there this notion that it's not fun to play with Dirk like there is with Kobe if there is nothing to it?

Got to love the Kobe stan attitude...we are all making this up. Despite mountains of evidence...it's just a bunch of ***** players, angry coaches, angry executives, and writers that make shit up.

Or...could it be that Kobe is a shitty teammate?

Heavincent
11-02-2014, 02:27 PM

I love how Kobe fans want us to ignore all the evidence and assume Abbott made up the quotes...ignore Phil's book. Ignore the Shaq v Kobe stuff. Ignore it all...

And lets ignore the fact that the only teammates Kobe "feuded" with were cancerous assholes. Hell, Dwight is a far worse teammate than Kobe. Burned bridges everywhere he went.

Yao Ming's Foot
11-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Shaq left Kobe
Payton left Kobe
Malone left Kobe
Fisher left Kobe
Ariza left Kobe

Pippen left Jordan
Rodman left Jordan

etc etc etc

Everyone leaves sooner or later... I'm interested in HOW and WHY.

- Traded because he wanted a contract extension
- Was on a 1 year contract
- Retired
- Traded
- Position was taken by Ron Artest

SamuraiSWISH
11-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Yao Ming's Foot: "Everyone sucks at basketball apart from Kobe"

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 02:31 PM
- Traded because he wanted a contract extension
- Was on a 1 year contract
- Retired
- Traded
- Position was taken by Ron Artest

Exactly... Besides Shaq they all had normal reasons.

That's why you can't just scroll down names and say "? left Dirk" .....

Get it?

Heavincent
11-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Again, show me a nice guy good teammate that Kobe didn't get along with.

Pau Gasol
Fisher
Ariza
Artest
Luke Walton
Odom
etc

Kobe got along with all of those guys just fine. All of them speak quite highly of Kobe as a teammate :confusedshrug: Then some dipshit like Dwight comes along, starts stirring up shit, and it's all Kobe's fault?

Yao Ming's Foot
11-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Nash wanted to stay. Cuban wouldn't pay him.
Chandler wanted to stay. Cuban wouldn't pay him.

The rest I think is obviously about market honestly...and idiot players...but not attracting free agents isn't what I'm talking about. Although Paul actually wanted to come to Dallas with Howard...but it didn't work out.

I'm talking about losing the player they already had because of Kobe. That is totally different than the examples above.

It would be apt if Nash or Chandler left for less money or something...but that isn't what happened.

Oh...and you could create the same list about Kobe:

Howard left
Shaq left
Gasol left
Lebron didn't want to join Kobe
Melo didnt' want to join Kobe
Bosh didn't want to join Kobe

On and on...not an apt comparison...especially as it's LA that is the main draw...which makes it even worse that Kobe has driven out Shaq and Howard....that is straight up crazy

The Buss family didnt wan't to pay Shaq so by that logic we can go ahead and ignore that.

Dwight will make more money in Houston after taxes so we can ignore that.

Dirk's excuses are just as transferable to Kobe. The difference is nobody cares enough to pen an essay about how nobody wants to play with him

Yao Ming's Foot
11-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Yao Ming's Foot: "Everyone sucks at basketball apart from Kobe"

Relevant (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem)

SamuraiSWISH
11-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Relevant (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem)
I don't care about your current argument. Just talking about your character. It's obvious.

Yao Ming's Foot
11-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I don't care about your current argument. Just talking about your character. It's obvious.

That's why you are terrible at debating. You are worried about my character when you should be worrying about whether or not what I'm saying is factually correct or not. :confusedshrug:

ImKobe
11-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Again, show me a nice guy good teammate that Kobe didn't get along with.

Pau Gasol
Fisher
Ariza
Artest
Luke Walton
Odom
etc

Kobe got along with all of those guys just fine. All of them speak quite highly of Kobe as a teammate :confusedshrug: Then some dipshit like Dwight comes along, starts stirring up shit, and it's all Kobe's fault?

Seriously...and you can add quite a few names to that list...

And for the most part, Kobe and Shaq got along, at least on the court and even though everything that happened, Shaq is now out there praising Kobe and defending him...called him the GOAT Laker. Kobe is obviously not as bad as some people make him out to be.

SamuraiSWISH
11-02-2014, 02:43 PM
That's why you are terrible at debating. You are worried about my character when you should be worrying about whether or not what I'm saying is factually correct or not. :confusedshrug:
How can I be terrible at debating when I'm not engaging in it? I'm just commenting on your character. You sound like this loon I used to know, KB42PAH. Come from the same ilk.

eklip
11-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Kobe wasn't bad in the first 4 games but he wasn't great either. There is no reason to praise or bash him after what we've seen so far.

The Lakers have no chance of making the playoffs, so it doesn't really hurt the franchise when Kobe plays selfishly. I think there are many Lakers/Kobe fans who want to see that and Kobe probably wants to keep his ppg average high. It does no harm.

Other than the Lakers/Kobe fans (and maybe haters) nobody cares about the ppg average of players on a bottom team, though. Most stars score more points and have higher assist/rebounding numbers on bad teams.

Yao Ming's Foot
11-02-2014, 02:47 PM
How can I be terrible at debating when I'm not engaging in it? I'm just commenting on your character. You sound like this loon I used to know, KB42PAH. Come from the same ilk.

Cool story bro...

I haven't posted that a player sucked in months probably. That expose on Wizards Jordan being the most inefficient chucker in league history must have cut deep.

DMAVS41
11-02-2014, 02:48 PM
The Buss family didnt wan't to pay Shaq so by that logic we can go ahead and ignore that.

Dwight will make more money in Houston after taxes so we can ignore that.

Dirk's excuses are just as transferable to Kobe. The difference is nobody cares enough to pen an essay about how nobody wants to play with him

You are just ignoring the actual circumstances...they didn't want to pay shaq because of the feud going on.

Whatever...it's not remotely the same and you know it.

Not to mention the articles written, books written, quotes, watching the games...etc....adding up to Kobe being a shitty teammate on and off the court.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-02-2014, 02:52 PM

This is exactly what im saying. He isn't playing in a sustainable way. He's not getting to the rim at all. You can only do so much damage on contested midrange jumpers.

Mr Exlax
11-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I think it's awesome that Kobe can still score points. If he really shot it 28 times and scored 28 points, that's horrible. I don't care how old he is. Give anybody enough shots and they'll put up points. At some point you have to realize that all those misses are a detriment to your team.

Yao Ming's Foot
11-02-2014, 02:54 PM
You are just ignoring the actual circumstances...they didn't want to pay shaq because of the feud going on.

Not to mention the articles written, books written, quotes, watching the games...etc....adding up to Kobe being a shitty teammate on and off the court.

Plenty has been written about Kobe being a good teammate as well. You just choose to ignore it.

Mr Feeny
11-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Plenty has been written about Kobe being a good teammate as well. You just choose to ignore it.

Not compared to Duncan, Dirk, Lebron etc he isn't. ..

Mr Feeny
11-02-2014, 03:02 PM
ether. btw, the Kobe System requires maximum effort but little efficiency.shh ur just a Kobe hater.

12-28 shooting for 28 points, 1 assist, 7 TO
》》》》
14-18 shooting for 41 points

81! 81! 81!
:roll:

Yao Ming's Foot
11-02-2014, 03:04 PM

Mr Feeny
11-02-2014, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=Yao Ming's Foot]

tpols
11-02-2014, 03:06 PM

:oldlol:

What?

Heavincent
11-02-2014, 03:07 PM

Shitty teammate that won 5 rings...

Yao Ming's Foot
You're absolutely right. This disproves my statement
:roll: :facepalm

:biggums:

You didnt provide any proof for your statement.

Mr Feeny

Which has to do with his point...err...how exactly?

Mr Feeny
11-02-2014, 03:08 PM

You didnt provide any proof for your statement.
:roll:

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 03:35 PM
just another one of those 55 games season where's he's learning how to play without injured.

effortlessly? the second he learned that running slower has nothing to do with him avoiding injury, he doesn't even know what effort means

OldSchoolBBall
11-02-2014, 04:20 PM
He shot at least 3 shots with 5 seconds left on the 24...( meaning he got the ball with under 5 left and had to shoot)

Kobe's the only guy in history who takes shots with < 5 seconds left! :rolleyes:

kentatm
11-02-2014, 05:29 PM

reminds me of Allen Iverson's last couple of years when he absolutely refused to play for any team that he couldn't start for.

DMAVS41
11-02-2014, 05:34 PM

The greatness of Kobe as a basketball players is not debatable. We can debate how great he actually was/is, but you act like someone calling him a shitty teammate in some way means he wasn't a great player that is among the best ever.

Not the case it all.

I got a great chuckle out of your response though. It is what is always is..."5 Rings"

Someone could make a comment about Kobe's taste in food or what car he drives...and you morons think a good response would be:

"5 rings"

What you don't get is that is making our point for us...but I digress. Kobe was/is a shitty teammate and it's obvious to anyone that isn't a die-hard Kobe fan with blinders on.

guy
11-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Its pretty crazy how much everyone on the Lakers the past few years (FO, D'Antoni, Kobe, Howard, etc) really f'd things up for this team. Ideal scenario could've been Howard, Kobe (who probably doesn't get injured if he wasn't run to the ground by D'Antoni) + Gasol on the old veteran discounts, Phil Jackson or at least a prot

tpols
11-02-2014, 05:50 PM
The rings argument is applicable here because you just cant be a part of two totally different back to back championship teams if youre a shitty teammate..

It applies to now.. is kobe a shitty teammate now? Probably.. because he's stuck in 'I'm Kobe' mode when he really isnt 'Kobe' anymore.. he cant take a step back when he should.. his approach to the game hasnt changed from when he was at his peak to when he was at the end of his career.

Its like when youre playing basketball and theres that one kid on your team who keeps jacking shots and missing.. everyone hates him, and it breaks down chemistry.

But if that same kid starts hitting everything, and then the defense starts giving extra attention and he starts finding everyone for easy buckets and the team is rolling, now all of a sudden everythings great.

When Kobe was leading his laker teams from 08 to 10, still in his prime, everyone was on board with him, pau, artest, odom, fisher.. he was a great teammate back then. Respect poured in from all angles. When he and Shaq were dominating and going 16-1 through the playoffs.. and they were in perfect chemistry/harmony with each other and everyone and I dont think youd hear anyone say he was a bad teammate then.

Everything's not black and white.. Kobe is a shitty teammate is relative to when youre talking about him. Sometimes he was, sometimes he wasnt. That statement in and of itself is false.

guy
11-02-2014, 05:55 PM
reminds me of Allen Iverson's last couple of years when he absolutely refused to play for any team that he couldn't start for.

Just like AI at the time, Kobe seems out of touch with reality. For example, I couldn't help but think the other day in the press conference after the Clippers loss he was saying something along the lines of "I don't need pushovers on my team and I'll run you over if you are", which seemed like an indirect shot at Howard after what happened a few days prior. He doesn't seem to realize that with his decline and injuries, no one else in the league and maybe even his own team really gives a shit about those type of comments or his constant showing that he's a competitor.

Fawker
11-02-2014, 06:04 PM
He is well aware they are not competing for shit and he will not take a step back when the best case scenario is boosting his career totals.

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 06:11 PM
I think Kobe was an extremely shitty teammate in the 2001 season (they won) and he didnt seem to lead by example in his back-to-back years either :confusedshrug:

title or not.

tpols
11-02-2014, 06:16 PM
But you started watching basketball in 2011.:oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 06:18 PM
oh right, forgot :ohwell:

DaOldLion
11-02-2014, 06:22 PM
I think Kobe was an extremely shitty teammate in the 2001 season (they won) and he didnt seem to lead by example in his back-to-back years either :confusedshrug:

title or not.

01 Kobe led the lakers through the complete sweep of the western conference. Terrible teammate.

Artillery
11-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Jerry Stackhouse level impact - Scoring lots of points to the detriment of his team. Kobe's a blackhole and his team is suffering for it but this is ok with his stans because he's still getting his points.

And people criticized Kevin Love for puttting up empty stats while playing no D. Kobe is taking it to a whole new level.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-02-2014, 06:29 PM
But you started watching basketball in 2011.:oldlol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: damn:oldlol: :oldlol:

JellyBean
11-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Kobe :bowdown:

Kobe was on fire against the Warriors. He was hotter than fish grease. That one shot with where he was going in for a layup and he twisted to the side..:applause:

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 06:39 PM
01 Kobe co-led the lakers to a complete sweep of the western conference. Terrible teammate. Insane player.

*fixed

Nevaeh
11-02-2014, 07:59 PM

The irony is that it's the Kobe stans themselves that always hold those ridiculous "Championship or Bust" standards, and have been the past 4 years. It's not like peeps suddenly forgot about threads that happened back in '11,12 and definitely not the threads dealing with D. Howard's arrival in LA either.

The thing with Wiz MJ was that nobody was under the delusion that he was gonna do any serious damage on a team full of youngsters and journeyman. If he had a great game, peeps cheered and left it at that. These fans today, at least on ISH, want to make sure that you know Kobe had a great game, even if it's (A) not really that "great" or (B) detrimental to his team.

Like you said DMAVS, it's these news outlets and jounalists that are catching up to the posters on ISH who weren't ashamed to speak truth about the Lakers' situation. Of curse they have bills to pay and a product to sell, unlike people here who can just speak off the cuff.

tpols
11-02-2014, 08:08 PM
The media is known for twisting facts to pursue their own agendas.. and of course we all know controversy sells. The fact that professionals are relying on their articles to live actually hurts their objectivity if anything. They have to put something out to grab attention or they arent eating.

kamil
11-02-2014, 09:51 PM
End of a back to back.

36 years old

Torn achilles

Fractured knee

How great is our GOD?

Aren't the Lakers 0-4 so far? You make it sound like Kobe's winning...

DMAVS41
11-02-2014, 11:12 PM
The rings argument is applicable here because you just cant be a part of two totally different back to back championship teams if youre a shitty teammate..

It applies to now.. is kobe a shitty teammate now? Probably.. because he's stuck in 'I'm Kobe' mode when he really isnt 'Kobe' anymore.. he cant take a step back when he should.. his approach to the game hasnt changed from when he was at his peak to when he was at the end of his career.

Its like when youre playing basketball and theres that one kid on your team who keeps jacking shots and missing.. everyone hates him, and it breaks down chemistry.

But if that same kid starts hitting everything, and then the defense starts giving extra attention and he starts finding everyone for easy buckets and the team is rolling, now all of a sudden everythings great.

When Kobe was leading his laker teams from 08 to 10, still in his prime, everyone was on board with him, pau, artest, odom, fisher.. he was a great teammate back then. Respect poured in from all angles. When he and Shaq were dominating and going 16-1 through the playoffs.. and they were in perfect chemistry/harmony with each other and everyone and I dont think youd hear anyone say he was a bad teammate then.

Everything's not black and white.. Kobe is a shitty teammate is relative to when youre talking about him. Sometimes he was, sometimes he wasnt. That statement in and of itself is false.

You're confusing greatness as a basketball player (undeniable) with what kind of teammate he was/is.

LA Lakers
11-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Get real people! This is the worst Lakers squad in years! Kobe going out on a team and I dont know who half these dudes are. He needs to relinquish the offensive burden? Please. This team is a joke and he and everyone else who loves the Lakers knows it too.

LA Lakers
11-03-2014, 12:42 AM
This team cant get stops. How many guys gonna have career nights against this team?

tpols
11-03-2014, 12:47 AM
You're confusing greatness as a basketball player (undeniable) with what kind of teammate he was/is.

Basketball is a team game. If Kobe was as shitty a teammate and leader as you have tried to make him out to be, 08-10 couldve never happened. Bad teammates dont lead teams to near dynasties.

On one hand you berate Kobe for not playing the right way with howard as to make him not stay.. but wheres the word on how he played with gasol and odom? The same Odom who when he went to play with Dirk, fell off a cliff.. when he was with Kobe he was a 6th man of the year all star level player. No credit for playing the right way with those guys or any respect for their positive words on Kobe? Just the bad counts huh?

Heavincent
11-03-2014, 12:49 AM
he didnt seem to lead by example in his back-to-back years either :confusedshrug:

title or not.

What? He was quite obviously the leader of the team. When you're the dude dropping 30/5/5 on a nightly basis, and hitting a bunch of game winners, you are the leader. Period.

And don't give me that Derrick Fisher shit. He was a veteran presence for sure, but you can't be THE leader when you're a mediocre PG with a limited role.

Everyone on that team looked to Kobe. Phil Jackson said it himself.

La Frescobaldi
11-03-2014, 07:12 AM
he's only on a court to beat Jordan on the all-time scoring list.

It sure looks like wInning doesn't even matter to him.

DMAVS41
11-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Basketball is a team game. If Kobe was as shitty a teammate and leader as you have tried to make him out to be, 08-10 couldve never happened. Bad teammates dont lead teams to near dynasties.

On one hand you berate Kobe for not playing the right way with howard as to make him not stay.. but wheres the word on how he played with gasol and odom? The same Odom who when he went to play with Dirk, fell off a cliff.. when he was with Kobe he was a 6th man of the year all star level player. No credit for playing the right way with those guys or any respect for their positive words on Kobe? Just the bad counts huh?

This is simply not true. Plenty of bad teammates can and do win.

As for the Odom stuff. Again, that had nothing to do with Dirk.

You have to start actually getting specific. Odom became a lazy substance abuser after his time in LA. If you are trying to have a honest conversation, putting that on Dirk is not a good way to do it.

Also, nobody is blaming Kobe for all the poor play of his teammates throughout his career.

Again you confuse what entails being a good teammate and team first guy with being one of the 10 or so best players ever while playing with loaded rosters and perhaps the GOAT coach.

MJ has not a great teammate. I don't think he was "shitty" like Kobe, but he hardly was Tim Duncan for example in my opinion. That worked. You don't have to be a great teammate to win.

It's really just a personality. Kobe's personality is to get accused of rape...and then tell the cops on record that Shaq pays people off all the time when this stuff happens. It's just the kind of person he is...something goes wrong...and it's immediately bring up or blame someone else. And you'll notice that same attitude is exactly how his fans act.

He's never at fault...for anything. Like I said before...Phil is a liar, Shaq is a liar, Abbott made it all up, the comments, the clowning Bynum, Howard is a baby...etc.

If you really can't see the difference between Kobe and Duncan (forget Dirk if that clouds you too much) as teammates...I give up.

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 09:30 AM
What? He was quite obviously the leader of the team. When you're the dude dropping 30/5/5 on a nightly basis, and hitting a bunch of game winners, you are the leader. Period.

And don't give me that Derrick Fisher shit. He was a veteran presence for sure, but you can't be THE leader when you're a mediocre PG with a limited role.

Everyone on that team looked to Kobe. Phil Jackson said it himself.

He was the leader per performance, of course... But I'm talking about leadership. Being a good leader. Motivating teammates properly, and conducting yourself in the right manner.. I just think about Curt Schilling's quote and cringe.

[QUOTE]

Mr Feeny
11-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Where was that quote from, AW?

Almost historic? I'm guessing this was game 2 of the finals against Boston?

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Where was that quote from, AW?

Almost historic? I'm guessing this was game 2 of the finals against Boston?

Yep.

Mr Feeny
11-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Yep.

:cheers:interestingly enough, his lack of leadership was more evident than here during the game 4 collapse when Boston staged the biggest comeback in NBA finals history at staples while the Lakers, starting with Kobe, completely capitulated in front of their home crowd. Complete mental collapse.
The contrast in demeanor between him and piece said it all.

One was hell bent on making history, showing resolve, and leading his team to a 3-1 series lead, while the other just faded.

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 11:23 AM
:cheers:interestingly enough, his lack of leadership was more evident than here during the game 4 collapse when Boston staged the biggest comeback in NBA finals history at staples while the Lakers, starting with Kobe, completely capitulated in front of their home crowd. Complete mental collapse.
The contrast in demeanor between him and piece said it all.

One was hell bent on making history, showing resolve, and leading his team to a 3-1 series lead, while the other just faded.

Good point.. They were up by like 25 points, can't happen.

G-Funk
11-04-2014, 02:16 AM
Greatest player of all-time

Replay32
11-04-2014, 05:34 PM
He's starting to get on my damn nerves. He's shooting way too much. The other night he put up like 25 shots and didn't play the 4th quarter. :facepalm

SugarHill
11-04-2014, 05:44 PM
This is simply not true. Plenty of bad teammates can and do win.

As for the Odom stuff. Again, that had nothing to do with Dirk.

You have to start actually getting specific. Odom became a lazy substance abuser after his time in LA. If you are trying to have a honest conversation, putting that on Dirk is not a good way to do it.

Also, nobody is blaming Kobe for all the poor play of his teammates throughout his career.

Again you confuse what entails being a good teammate and team first guy with being one of the 10 or so best players ever while playing with loaded rosters and perhaps the GOAT coach.

MJ has not a great teammate. I don't think he was "shitty" like Kobe, but he hardly was Tim Duncan for example in my opinion. That worked. You don't have to be a great teammate to win.

It's really just a personality. Kobe's personality is to get accused of rape...and then tell the cops on record that Shaq pays people off all the time when this stuff happens. It's just the kind of person he is...something goes wrong...and it's immediately bring up or blame someone else. And you'll notice that same attitude is exactly how his fans act.

He's never at fault...for anything. Like I said before...Phil is a liar, Shaq is a liar, Abbott made it all up, the comments, the clowning Bynum, Howard is a baby...etc.

If you really can't see the difference between Kobe and Duncan (forget Dirk if that clouds you too much) as teammates...I give up.

pastis
11-04-2014, 06:15 PM
From the first tip until about 4 minutes left in the game I saw and heard this guy bitch at his teammates. Every TO he came to the bench pissed, and a few of them he went to other guys and yelled about something they weren’t doing, or something they did wrong. No dialog about “hey let’s go, let’s get after it” or whatever. He spent the better part of 3.5 quarters pissed off and ranting at the non-execution or lack of, of his team. Then when they made what almost was a historic run in the 4th, during a TO, he got down on the floor and basically said ‘Let’s f’ing go, right now, right here” or something to that affect. I am not making this observation in a good or bad way, I have no idea how the guys in the NBA play or do things like this, but I thought it was a fascinating bit of insight for me to watch someone in another sport who is in the position of a team leader and how he interacted with his team and teammates. Watching the other 11 guys, every time out it was high fives and 'Hey nice work, let's get after it' or something to that affect. He walked off the floor, obligatory skin contact on the high five, and sat on the bench stone faced or pissed off, the whole game. . . . But as a fan I was watching the whole thing, Kobe, his teammates and then the after effects of conversations. He’d yell at someone, make a point, or send a message, turn and walk away, and more than once the person on the other end would roll eyes or give a ‘whatever dude’ look.

KOBE at its best. No wonder. He has to thank shaq and bynum, phil, odom,artest and gasol for what they have done for him. super stacked teams with goat coach = chip.

what a biatch kobe was and is.

btw Celtics coach about DIrk last year:

Celtics Coach Brad Stevens has the strangest Dirk Nowitzki obsession. With his coaching staff preparing for their first-ever game against the Mavericks earlier this season, Stevens said he "became amazed by how enthusiastic Dirk was" at 35 years old. Stevens was genuinely blown away by how much Nowitzki talked during the game and how much fun he was having. "We're in the middle of this long, arduous season and here's a guy who has done it all over and over and he was having more fun than anyone else on the court."

Kblaze8855
11-04-2014, 07:00 PM

Of course you can. A talented well coached team can easily overcome an asshole on the roster.