PDA

View Full Version : Denver Nuggets: Where are they at?

Magic731
11-02-2014, 04:02 AM
Just two seasons ago the Nuggets won 57 games and had the coach of the year and the executive of the year. Now they are coming off a 36 win, albeit injury riddled season. Tonight they have been blown out by the heavily under manned Thunder, who many people didn't think would win a game until either Durant or Westbrook returned. It now seems the Denver Nuggets are becoming the west version of the Atlanta Hawks, trending heavily towards basketball purgatory and are in danger of having one of the worst terms in basketball attached to them. The dreaded "treadmill team". The epitome of mediocrity.

Unfortunately for the Nuggets, they play in the wild wild west. While Hawks fans do get to taste a sliver of playoff action each year, it looks as if the Nuggets will be on the outside looking in for years to come.

Their best player is Ty Lawson, who is at most an average point guard in this point guard heavy league. Their second and third best players are the ultimate role player in Arron Afflalo and Kenneth Faried, who is at most simply a hustle guy. The only bright spot for them is the rookie Gary Harris, who has potential to become something in this league. Even if he is to become a strong contributor for the Nuggets, it will also take time.

So I put the question to you, ISH. Where do YOU think the Denver Nuggets are at?

SuperCereal
11-02-2014, 04:27 AM
Colorado?

Im Still Ballin
11-02-2014, 04:34 AM
Demarcus is the best 5 in ball.

finchyyy
11-02-2014, 05:22 AM
I think they have too many guys, guys that deserve decent minutes, but can't get them because there's too much depth. Classic case of a team that could do with some addition by subtraction.

LEFT4DEAD
11-02-2014, 05:40 AM
They are starting of Jusuf Nurkic away from being a playoff team.

NugzFan
11-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Haha. I wish we were mediocre!

Right now we look like a bottom 5 team.

NugzFan
11-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Demarcus is the best 5 in ball.

Huh? :confusedshrug:

NuggetsFan
11-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Just two seasons ago the Nuggets won 57 games and had the coach of the year and the executive of the year.

At one point Nuggets had the second longest playoff streak behind the Spurs. We kept getting knocked out in the first round and Karl had his share in that granted most the matchups were unrealistic to win. Team needed to have things shook up.

Now they are coming off a 36 win, albeit injury riddled season. Tonight they have been blown out by the heavily under manned Thunder, who many people didn't think would win a game until either Durant or Westbrook returned. It now seems the Denver Nuggets are becoming the west version of the Atlanta Hawks, trending heavily towards basketball purgatory and are in danger of having one of the worst terms in basketball attached to them. The dreaded "treadmill team". The epitome of mediocrity.

36 wins was actually pretty great. Check the injuries. Nobody really cared about the Nuggets so people didn't realize half our roster went down.

Last night was a trap game. Denver came out thinking they could roll OKC. Games like that happen all the time. Hardly a blowout either, Nuggets turned it on and almost came back. Too little to late. I mean PHX got stomped by the Jazz last night, another West team :confusedshrug:

I'm not super high on our roster or anything but after the injuries last season it's waaaay to early to be pegging this team as anything because nobody really knows right now.

Unfortunately for the Nuggets, they play in the wild wild west. While Hawks fans do get to taste a sliver of playoff action each year, it looks as if the Nuggets will be on the outside looking in for years to come.

Last year was literally the first time the Nuggets missed the playoffs since '03 :oldlol:

Their best player is Ty Lawson, who is at most an average point guard in this point guard heavy league. Their second and third best players are the ultimate role player in Arron Afflalo and Kenneth Faried, who is at most simply a hustle guy. The only bright spot for them is the rookie Gary Harris, who has potential to become something in this league. Even if he is to become a strong contributor for the Nuggets, it will also take time.

Ty Lawson average PG? He dropped 25 last night. Averaged 17/9 last season in 62 games, would have won more than 36 had he played a full 82. Averaged 17/7 on a 57 win team than went on to average 21/8 in the playoffs. He's not elite but he's in the next tier with a bunch of PG's. You could rank him anywhere from the 7th-12th best PG in the league. Faried just a hustle guy? He's going to average atleast 12/10 probably, if not more. He's been coming on strong the past year. I mean before last night he dropped 22/17 against the Pistons. You forgot Gallo too, who is probably are 2nd best player if he can actually stay healthy.

Nurkic is looking really good too. Think most Nuggets fans would agree they are more excited about what he'll be rather than G.Harris.

So I put the question to you, ISH. Where do YOU think the Denver Nuggets are at?

A team that has the potential to win anywhere from 44-52 games depending on health. They could finish 5th in the West or 9th. A trap game vs an undermanned team doesn't change that. Filled with good role players, and a couple fringe All-Star quality players.

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 03:30 PM
teams as well as execs are quite annoyed by their youth for sure.

Lebronxrings
11-02-2014, 03:47 PM
its not that the nuggets were bad, okc was just way too good. The team is loaded with superstars.

Magic731
11-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Just lost at home to the Kings who were off a back to back. Looks like a high draft pick for the Nuggets this year.

33teeth
11-04-2014, 01:16 AM
Nuggets looked really bad tonight. I'm not even sure what to say about it. Poorly motivated? Maybe Gallinari and McGee working through part of the season and finding a rhythm will make things look less bleak.

T_L_P
11-04-2014, 01:20 AM
Doesn't look good for them. I thought they were a huge sleeper this year, but things aren't meshing so far. You shouldn't be losing to OKC without 3 of their 4 best players and Sacramento.

NugzFan
11-04-2014, 01:44 AM
Just lost at home to the Kings who were off a back to back. Looks like a high draft pick for the Nuggets this year.

Finally

Im Still Ballin
11-04-2014, 01:44 AM
What did I tell you Nugz. Kings stay winning.

NugzFan
11-04-2014, 03:01 AM
What did I tell you Nugz. Kings stay winning.

Oh wow. Amazing how you picked your favorite team to win a game.

I've never seen someone do that on this board. Your psychic skills are spectacular

Fudge
11-04-2014, 03:03 AM
Where dey at doe?

Forever a middle of the pack team. That's where dey at, doe.

Im Still Ballin
11-04-2014, 03:05 AM
Oh wow. Amazing how you picked your favorite team to win a game.

I've never seen someone do that on this board. Your psychic skills are spectacular
Stay losing, little man. Playoffs here we come.

oarabbus
11-04-2014, 03:05 AM
Firing the Coach of the Year was probably a bad move. Karl got a raw deal.

Magic731
11-04-2014, 04:32 AM
Denver's next game is against Sacramento. That game could make or break this squad. They should be livid after losing today. If they can regroup, show up in Sacramento and hand it right back to them it might just save their season. If they fail then I think it might just be time to put a line through them.

kurple
11-04-2014, 04:36 AM
Doesn't look good for them. I thought they were a huge sleeper this year, but things aren't meshing so far. You shouldn't be losing to OKC without 3 of their 4 best players and Sacramento.
agreed, but i always thought it depended on how Gallo ends up playing. and he hasnt been good or close to his old self yet

need to start making jumpshots

NugzFan
11-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Where dey at doe?

Forever a middle of the pack team. That's where dey at, doe.

Im not sure what your definition of middle of the pack is, but this nuggets team is not it.

NugzFan
11-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Stay losing, little man. Playoffs here we come.

Id respect your opinion if you weren't such a homer that waited ten years and 3 games into a season to start talking shit. It's pretty clear why you were so so quiet until now.

Doesn't quite work that way kid. Nice try though.

NugzFan
11-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Firing the Coach of the Year was probably a bad move. Karl got a raw deal.

True but he didn't get his job done either. Losing in the playofs year after year. Coaches are often held responsible

Magic731
11-05-2014, 11:38 PM
I was wrong, the Nuggets are not a treadmill team. They are in top 3 draft pick territory.

Magic731
11-08-2014, 12:24 AM
Do the Nuggets know what defense is?

IncarceratedBob
11-08-2014, 12:25 AM
Nuggets defense is freaking horrible, they're gonna lose to the Lakers

NugzFan
11-08-2014, 01:12 AM
I was wrong, the Nuggets are not a treadmill team. They are in top 3 draft pick territory.

Yup. It's the only good thjng about this season.

Magic731
11-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Denver's defense is just horrible.

hawksdogsbraves
11-12-2014, 11:23 PM
True but he didn't get his job done either. Losing in the playofs year after year. Coaches are often held responsible

He won 57 games with nearly this exact same roster.

NuggetsFan
11-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Gallo is in a huuuuge slump after his injury. Players seem like they've given up. Guys are just awful right now both offensively & defensively. Really no bright spots at all.