PDA

View Full Version : How important is height in life?

Im Still Ballin
11-02-2014, 10:21 AM
I am 6-1 so I'm pretty much average. How important is height in all things life? Respect from people, attraction from women, clothing, carnival rides, sitting in movie theaters blocking views....etc...

sundizz
11-02-2014, 10:44 AM
I am 6-1 so I'm pretty much average. How important is height in all things life? Respect from people, attraction from women, clothing, carnival rides, sitting in movie theaters blocking views....etc...

As someone that is short let me be honest - it matters a ton, and nowhere moreso than with the ladies.

I'm not the best talker in the world, the most stylish dresser, the funniest, or the best looking short guy out there (5'7). However, I'm definitely well above average in all of those categories. I'd consider those the 4 main categories involved in picking up a girl (beside height). As someone that has gone out from 16 to 27 probably on average 2x a week....let me say with brutal honesty...it's fckn hard being a short guy. Even harder if you have any sense of self worth and stick to trying to get 7's or higher only.

It hasn't affected me as much with work, sports, etc because the second you show your skill you pretty much can do whatever you want. I often don't get picked when I play hoops but about 5 points in when i'm out dribbling, out shooting, out diming everyone on the floor no one cares how tall I am. Same with work - I might not be looked at as the leader right away...but given it a week or two and I usually end up being looked at as the leader of any project/task/promotion etc. Never had a problem, except the same insecurities anyone of any height has.

Bishes though - it's tough out there at the bars and clubs. Once I meet a girl in a normal setting (e.g, through a friend) etc then it's all good. They hear me talk, they laugh at my jokes, they find me attractive enough and almost always I get what I want out of it. At the bars and clubs I get a bunch of numbers usually, but I'm not usually the guy they want to randomly go home with. And I'm never approached...it's always me trying to holla. It's exhausting lol. Glad I approached this dime at subway station a few years ago during the day...been a beautiful 3 year relationship ever since.

~primetime~
11-02-2014, 10:57 AM
I can remember reading a study done on online dating that said the first thing most women look at is the man's height, and then after that they look to see if he has hair.

If the man passes those two qualifications THEN they may read his write up.

RidonKs
11-02-2014, 11:02 AM
As someone that is short let me be honest - it matters a ton, and nowhere moreso than with the ladies.

I'm not the best talker in the world, the most stylish dresser, the funniest, or the best looking short guy out there (5'7). However, I'm definitely well above average in all of those categories. I'd consider those the 4 main categories involved in picking up a girl (beside height). As someone that has gone out from 16 to 27 probably on average 2x a week....let me say with brutal honesty...it's fckn hard being a short guy. Even harder if you have any sense of self worth and stick to trying to get 7's or higher only.

It hasn't affected me as much with work, sports, etc because the second you show your skill you pretty much can do whatever you want. I often don't get picked when I play hoops but about 5 points in when i'm out dribbling, out shooting, out diming everyone on the floor no one cares how tall I am. Same with work - I might not be looked at as the leader right away...but given it a week or two and I usually end up being looked at as the leader of any project/task/promotion etc. Never had a problem, except the same insecurities anyone of any height has.

Bishes though - it's tough out there at the bars and clubs. Once I meet a girl in a normal setting (e.g, through a friend) etc then it's all good. They hear me talk, they laugh at my jokes, they find me attractive enough and almost always I get what I want out of it. At the bars and clubs I get a bunch of numbers usually, but I'm not usually the guy they want to randomly go home with. And I'm never approached...it's always me trying to holla. It's exhausting lol. Glad I approached this dime at subway station a few years ago during the day...been a beautiful 3 year relationship ever since.
:applause:

joe
11-02-2014, 11:24 AM
I kinda like being short. Im 5 foot 6, i have always been the short fast dude, and I like it. haha. I would like more girls to think i was attractive (who wouldnt).. but overall i dont care to impress girls. Especially the night club crowd. I dont care to be seen as a leader or some dominant figure, because i have no care to dominate other people. I wish I was like 6 foot 10 sometiems though, I know I could be a good defensive anchor in basketball if I had the height.

L.Kizzle
11-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Unless the chick is mad taller than you, never really haf a problem. I'm not a tall guy only about 5'8. I never really had any trouble with females cause they're mostly my height or shorter. I've only been with two chicks taller than me around 5'10.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-02-2014, 12:24 PM
I wish I was 6 feet+, I'm only about 5'9''. Hung out with a friend who is 6'2'' last night and the height difference is pretty evident. My dream height was always 6'2''. Not too tall but tall enough. I would say to an extent, it does limit me to dating. Girls who are usually 5'8'' or taller probably wouldn't consider me dating materials because they want taller guys.

But I am happy with what god gave me.

nathanjizzle
11-02-2014, 12:25 PM
im 5 10 asian and asian girls are usually fond of me for my height. its automatic "i want to breed with him because he has a rare genetic". i feel tall most of the time but i went to the bulls game on friday and everyone there was like 6 foot, ohwell atleast im well rounded.

ALBballer
11-02-2014, 12:30 PM
6'2"-6'4" is the ideal height. Not to tall where you stand out like a freak but tall enough to look down on most people.

Meticode
11-02-2014, 12:32 PM
It's important in most cases as far as women being attracted to you physically. I'm 6'1" and most of the people I work with aren't even that tall, I find it to be an advantage. Women where I live here in Wisconsin seem to prefer men over 6'0", dark hair and at least some sort of beard of goatee.

joe
11-02-2014, 12:40 PM
It's not club girls, it's pretty much every girl

But it's good that you're comfortable being tiny and adorable

Not sure how tall you are but, I know I was getting ass in high school and you werent. So. Guess it didnt matter very much.

PHX_Phan
11-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Most women don't even know what the hell 6 feet looks like. As long as you are taller than her, it's fine. She isn't going to go for some 6'3 chump and she won't pass up a 5'7 T.I either. Don't fool yourself.

DCL
11-02-2014, 12:58 PM
on a scale of 1-10, the importance in height is probably about a 12. if you are under 6'2", there's no reason to live.

MavsSuperFan
11-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Its not unimportant but there a much more important things

MavsSuperFan
11-02-2014, 01:05 PM
on a scale of 1-10, the importance in height is probably about a 12. if you are under 6'2", there's no reason to live.
:lol

MavsSuperFan
11-02-2014, 01:08 PM
I can remember reading a study done on online dating that said the first thing most women look at is the man's height, and then after that they look to see if he has hair.

If the man passes those two qualifications THEN they may read his write up.
:lol find that hard to believe.

You can be tall and extremely ugly. You can be tall and extremely awkward. You can be tall and extremely out of shape, etc.

When it comes to women, they sometimes set a standard where they dont want to date a man shorter than them. there are tons of short women in the world. this is really only an issue for super tall women.

Honestly there as so many more important physical traits than being tall to being successful in life. Not to mention the countless other stuff like intelligence, charisma, humor, social skills, etc. Also i would much rather be rich and under 6 feet than poor and 6'5+

Also there is such a thing as too tall. I honestly would not want to be super tall.

Unless you are an NBA player height isnt that important.

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 01:32 PM
really important.

it gives you a bit more time until others figure out that you're really nothing special.

I don't know if some people ends up getting rejected after a few dates and goes

"but I'm really tall!!!"

short peoples though

all they have to worry about is whether they f*cked it up on their wallet or their personality

but yes, just don't have any hair

then no one gives a damn about your height.

PHX_Phan
11-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Short dudes trying to convince themselves:oldlol:

Convince myself of what?

I'm 5'9 and have no trouble getting girls. I also live in Phoenix where most girls are no taller than 5'5.

dude77
11-02-2014, 01:57 PM
no doubt you're gonna be dominating other guys, fkn bitches and just winning at life overall if you're tall, have a big frame, masculine good looking face and charismatic .. that's not really a debate .. you're gonna make most other guys look inferior ..

but that doesn't mean there aren't shorter guys who slay because there are .. women put a lot of stock on your face as well .. if you're short, but have a good frame and a masculine attractive face, you'll be alright .. but you gotta have the face .. unattractive face and short ? ouch .. height is only a part of the equation

Shade8780
11-02-2014, 02:39 PM
My dad's about 6'0", and my 17 year old brother has measured in anywhere from 6'2" to 6'4", no shoes. I'm only 14, so I'm hoping I get that tall.

BigBoss
11-02-2014, 02:44 PM
I think with short guys everyone in the back of their head on an unconcious level think they have small dic%k's too, which is probably true. At the end of the day, unless your black, your dick size is proportion to your height on average. If you're below 5'10, girls probably think you have sub 5 inch dic#s and think you're less masculine. Less masculine = inability to provide security to a female. It must really suck being a short guy. Every guy considers you a little brother even when you're older. Every girl finds you "cute" but not sexy.

fsvr54
11-02-2014, 02:49 PM
It's only important if you make it so.

I'm 5'5" and I don't give a phukk about it. And women do find me attractive because I have personality and decent looks, yeah if I was taller I'd get more attention, but it's not a big deal.

Also living in a hispanic area, there are PLENTY of women shorter than me.

BigBoss
11-02-2014, 02:50 PM
My dad's about 6'0", and my 17 year old brother has measured in anywhere from 6'2" to 6'4", no shoes. I'm only 14, so I'm hoping I get that tall.

My dad was 6'3 and I ended up at 5'11-6.

My 3 three cousins, their mom is 5'2-3 and dad is 5'9-5'10, but they grew to 6'4, 6'3, 6'1.

You just never know.

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I think with short guys everyone in the back of their head on an unconcious level think they have small dic%k's too, which is probably true. At the end of the day, unless your black, your dick size is proportion to your height on average. If you're below 5'10, girls probably think you have sub 5 inch dic#s and think you're less masculine. Less masculine = inability to provide security to a female. It must really suck being a short guy. Every guy considers you a little brother even when you're older. Every girl finds you "cute" but not sexy.

all I know, is that I feel bad for the guy having to check for ***** size and testicles at the physical examination line

the mesiah
11-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Im 6' 4" and the only thing that's important is finding the rite size shirts .nothing worse than finding a shit load of shirts in size smaller than u need it or having to pay an extra $40 at times to get it in tall sizes and having to order it online most times .:facepalm :facepalm

fsvr54
11-02-2014, 02:55 PM

This is wrong. Dick size stays pretty constant across heights.

ace23
11-02-2014, 02:57 PM
This is wrong. Dick size stays pretty constant across heights.
Sounds like you've done extensive research on this.

fsvr54
11-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Sounds like you've done extensive research on this.

Lmao, I've never researched it but a knowledgeable friend told me when we were talking about dick sizes. He's 6'1" and we both have the same dick size.

nathanjizzle
11-02-2014, 03:08 PM
the bottom line is, that every aspect of a person is important. aesthetics are the first, height, looks, physique. but intelligence, capacity and other things matter as well in the longer run. if you are a pretty boy thats tall but dumb as bricks, you wont end up with anyone but tall and pretty just like you but dumb ass well.

people put to much value in attributes. everyone has their plus to them to attract women.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-02-2014, 03:19 PM

My 3 three cousins, their mom is 5'2-3 and dad is 5'9-5'10, but they grew to 6'4, 6'3, 6'1.

You just never know.

Friend's dad is 5'7'', mom is about 5'2''.

Dude ended up being 6'4.5'' with a 7'0'' wingspan. He has a filthy Dirk fadeaway. Really good rec ball player.

step_back
11-02-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm only 5'9 so shorter than average. However I'm very good looking so attracting women has never been a problem for me.

MavsSuperFan
11-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Lmao, I've never researched it but a knowledgeable friend told me when we were talking about dick sizes. He's 6'1" and we both have the same dick size.
:oldlol: :lol

no homo doe right?

JohnnySic
11-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Most women don't even know what the hell 6 feet looks like. As long as you are taller than her, it's fine. She isn't going to go for some 6'3 chump and she won't pass up a 5'7 T.I either. Don't fool yourself.
This. :applause:

Height doesn't matter unless you're really short (under 5'6") or really tall (over 6'5"). Both cases usually aren't a plus. Otherwise, women dont really care. Women aren't as concerned about a guy's physicality as guys seem to think they are.

And before you call me short I'm 6'2" (without shoes.)

alenleomessi
11-02-2014, 04:03 PM
If you HAD to choose: chop off 3 inches from your height or 1 from your ****?

Burgz V2
11-02-2014, 04:03 PM
my roommate wont ****ing stop telling me "you have great height" I met his dad once and that was literally the first thing he said to me too. Said I have "great height for business". WTF does that even mean?

KNOW1EDGE
11-02-2014, 04:06 PM
The average height for men in the U.S is 5'10".

Taller people make more money in their lifetime than their shorter competition

I'm 5'9"

Rake2204
11-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Where do you guys live if 182cm (6 foot) is considered 'average'? Im 6 foot and in Australia thats above average. i only know of two places in the world where that height is cknsidered bellow average........Holland and ex- Yugoslavia.

Whenever I go back to Serbia/Montenegro/Croatia I can feel it because there are so man NBA bodied dudes ecerywhere. Even the average girl is around 5'10 / 5'11. Serbs and Croats in the Old Hercegovina/Dalmatia region are like 6'3/4 average easyThe average height in the US is often listed as 5'10'' (http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-chart.shtml). That said, I think I've also heard that someone standing 6'3'' is taller than 95% of all Americans. So there's that.

Nikola_
11-02-2014, 04:48 PM
its useless if you dont play sport. 6-5 here

Proctor
11-02-2014, 04:50 PM
my roommate wont ****ing stop telling me "you have great height" I met his dad once and that was literally the first thing he said to me too. Said I have "great height for business". WTF does that even mean?
:lol

I think I read a few years back that there was a study done that showed that a majority of CEOs are over 6 feet tall.

RidonKs
11-02-2014, 05:02 PM
im around 5'11" in other words completely average which is why i put no emphasis on it whatsoever. certainly a lot less emphasis than fatness.

wakencdukest
11-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Height don't matter with the ladies. My best friend since high school was only 5'8 or so and he used to pull ten times the women I did. Of course there are some women who seem to have a thing for tall guys, most just go for looks, personality, money, etc. I do find that being 6'6 235, get's you more a lot respect from other guys though.

~primetime~
11-02-2014, 06:16 PM
:lol find that hard to believe.

You can be tall and extremely ugly. You can be tall and extremely awkward. You can be tall and extremely out of shape, etc.

When it comes to women, they sometimes set a standard where they dont want to date a man shorter than them. there are tons of short women in the world. this is really only an issue for super tall women.

Honestly there as so many more important physical traits than being tall to being successful in life. Not to mention the countless other stuff like intelligence, charisma, humor, social skills, etc. Also i would much rather be rich and under 6 feet than poor and 6'5+

Also there is such a thing as too tall. I honestly would not want to be super tall.

Unless you are an NBA player height isnt that important.
Right but the study I read said it was the single most important thing in online dating, that on average it was the very first thing that women looked at, the males listed height. The study said they look at that before they look at pictures even.

It also said that just having hair on your head was #2

I think weight was #3

Job title was in there down the line as well...

Age was way down the list, like women don't even care about age

Shade8780
11-02-2014, 06:17 PM

You just never know.
Well seeing how my brother is 2-4 inches taller than my dad, it's most likely I will be anywhere between my dad's height (6'0") and my brother's height.

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 06:20 PM
I think I'm pretty tall although when ISH asked poster's height and weight it turned out we have a bunch of tall(er) ****s on here :ohwell:

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Not sure how tall you are but, I know I was getting ass in high school and you werent. So. Guess it didnt matter very much.

:roll:

~primetime~
11-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Size matters in online dating: Short men get less interest from women than their taller counterparts - and those at 6ft have the most luck
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2524568/Size-matters-online-dating-Short-men-taller-counterparts.html)

Many a woman on the online dating scene will have arranged a date with a man who claimed to be 6ft tall - only to find him somewhat shorter in reality.

But according to new research the man was right to exaggerate his height - because the woman wouldn't have looked twice at his profile otherwise.

New data from online dating website AYI.com has found size really does matter when it comes to a woman's search for Mr Right.

Researchers analysed more than 80,000 interactions between users of the dating website in the UK.

They found that every inch increase in a man's height directly correlated to his likelihood of being contacted by a woman.

Taller men were significantly more likely to be contacted by women than shorter men.
Their data revealed that the ideal height women seek in a man is 6ft. The 6ft men who were members of the site were 33 per cent more likely to be contacted than a man of average height (5ft 7), and 77 per cent more likely to be contacted than a man under 5ft 4.

But there is a limit to this height preference as women tend to shy away from men that are too tall. A man who is 6ft 4 or taller is 24 per cent less likely to be contacted by a woman.

The statistics reveal how women will measure up a man based on his online profile before arranging to meet - and if they're too short they won't stand a chance.

^^^ there is a study I found that says similar things as the one I read

The one I read was US based though, this is different.

DeuceWallaces
11-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Doesn't matter unless you're too tall or short. Anything 5'7 and under is pretty short and above 6'3 you'll start to stick out.

SugarHill
11-02-2014, 06:31 PM
6'1 is average in the Netherlands and they're among if not the tallest people in the world

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Ugly girls get guys too:confusedshrug:

Sooo... Isn't this the only possible problem you were making it here? If thats solved, thennnn? :confusedshrug:

Im Still Ballin
11-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Benefits of being small:
-***** looks bigger (even though it is the same size as a taller man)

Burgz V2
11-02-2014, 08:51 PM
It means his family is weird as ****, keep your distance.

Man you don't even know the half. Dude grew up in India filthy, filthy rich. Would always talk about how his building had a sauna, full weight room, basketball court and all that. Nothing too special I thought.

When I asked him how many rooms his suite was, he looked at me funny and was like "...no, the whole building is ours, my dad owns it."

Dude grew up completely removed from the real world.

thabisyo
11-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Average height in south africa for males is 169 cm (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in). I am 173 cm. :lol . I guess I am above average:banana:

Im Still Ballin
11-02-2014, 09:11 PM
I will say this though...

If you are below 5-10 and not jacked, or atleast well built... You need to start.

So cute I could put you on a leash.

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 09:57 PM

I don't know, but the translation for a short person would be

"good, you're tall enough to look at the sh*t you made"

oarabbus
11-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Everyone saying it doesn't matter to girls needs more female friends cause you sound retarded

It's not club girls, it's pretty much every girl

But it's good that you're comfortable being tiny and adorable

Short dudes trying to convince themselves:oldlol:

One girl I was dating was 5'2

She told me about how all her friends tell her how lucky she is cause she can date shorter guys

She was like "no fvk that I want a tall guy too"

Poor short girls always have tiny dudes hitting on them too because they think they have a better shot

Short guy is the equivalent of fvk ugly girl.

Girl much rather date an ugly dude than a short dude

Ugly girls get guys too:confusedshrug:

The women you know are lying to you

Why you gettin all aggressive. Dat lil man syndrome

This motherfuxker accusing other people of having a syndrome :kobe: :roll: :roll:

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 11:46 PM
This motherfuxker accusing other people of having a syndrome :kobe: :roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll:

PistonsFan#21
11-02-2014, 11:58 PM
I'm just being real you tiny fvks

How tall are you and how many bitches does it get you? Seems like all the girls you know and talk about are just friends :hammerhead:

SugarHill
11-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Man you don't even know the half. Dude grew up in India filthy, filthy rich. Would always talk about how his building had a sauna, full weight room, basketball court and all that. Nothing too special I thought.

When I asked him how many rooms his suite was, he looked at me funny and was like "...no, the whole building is ours, my dad owns it."

Dude grew up completely removed from the real world.
Can't lie, when you said filthy, I thought the story was headed elsewhere

PistonsFan#21
11-03-2014, 12:21 AM
I'm 6'1

Most of my friends are female

I do fine

I'm not saying I get a lot of girls.

But height is important to girls.

To say it isn't is just silly

i dont think anyone is arguing its not important. You just make it sound like its the most important thing

BigBoss
11-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Short guys are so fuked. If you're losing your hair too then you might as well go gay.

GrapeApe
11-03-2014, 12:54 AM
Short guys are so fuked. If you're losing your hair too then you might as well go gay.

A lot of women like bald guys, as long as it's shaved and not long on the sides and thin on top. That's why it's best to just shave it off once it starts to go.

As for height, like most things it's best to be in the "normal" range. Unless you're an athlete, being too tall can be as problematic as being too short. I'm about 5'11 and when I was younger I always hated being "average" height and wished I was taller. As I got older I realized that being average height is kind of a good thing. Regardless, height doesn't matter all that much unless you're at one extreme. Just my two cents.

I'll add that I'd consider 5'9 - 6'2 to be in the average range. If your in that range your height won't stand out one way or the other and will usually go relatively unnoticed.

YouGotServed
11-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Very but I don't really care. I'm 6'0" so... average?

I'm taller than almost everyone I meet.

step_back
11-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Macho Man has a lot of friends that are girls but doesn't get that many girls. He also said in another thread that one of them is a pornstar but he doesn't know her stage name because he doesn't want to look her up and see her doing sex acts.

................. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d3/Schrank2.jpg/220px-Schrank2.jpg

Random_Guy
11-03-2014, 07:17 AM
im 5'9.5
but im fine because i live in asia and the average height here is probably 5'8
so id be slightly above averagae height here.
most of the girls here are quite short too~ so it doensnt make a difference imo.
hoever if you are really short,yeah it does make things harder, however i have to point out that Tom Cruise is extremely short too, in fact a lot of people are extremely short and swimming in *****. this shows that as long as you are good looking, or you are rich, then you can still pull in game.
work with what you have, if you dont have anything, work hard and make money