PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather be immortal or die in the next hour?

sweggeh
11-02-2014, 12:04 PM
You have 10 minutes to answer. Which would you choose?

sweggeh
11-02-2014, 12:10 PM
doubt anyone picks the latter..

I probably would. You really wanna be here for the rest of eternity? Even when there are no humans left and you are just left sitting on a rock or something?

ZeN
11-02-2014, 12:40 PM
This is a stupid question.

MavsSuperFan
11-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Depending on how that immortality works.

if i can stay in my current age or even say 40-50 forever than I would choose immortaility.

But if i had to keep aging forever and couldnt die I would choose option 2.

I have dealt with a terminally ill family member that was living in pain for the last 3 years of his life. Death can sometimes be a blessing. Its why I am a proponent of assisted suicide.

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 01:18 PM
if I could live the rest of my life comfortably

having the opportunity to see the next likes of Steve Jobs, Einstein, FDR wouldn't necessarily be a pain as I would be able to coast through the other times in life.

If I were to live the rest of my life being bonded to another

give me death

because the Sun, doesn't f*cking ask for yours or my permission to shine

warmest regards

knickballer
11-02-2014, 04:08 PM
What if you pick the immortal option and unfortunately down the road you did a crime and spent a life term. Imagine how much that would suck! A life time of cocks up your angus...

Budadiiii
11-02-2014, 04:10 PM

if i can stay in my current age or even say 40-50 forever than I would choose immortaility.

I have dealt with a terminally ill family member that was living in pain for the last 3 years of his life. Death can sometimes be a blessing. Its why I am a proponent of assisted suicide.
Right.

You're all talk dude. You don't have the balls for it.

KNOW1EDGE
11-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Kill me now.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
11-02-2014, 04:16 PM

Sorry your family member went through that. It must've been hell.
I agree w/ your answer, though. If I am immortal, I don't want to age. Eventually a person has to turn into dust, right?
But it would suck to see everyone you've ever loved die before you.

nathanjizzle
11-02-2014, 04:21 PM
ill choose to die and its quite a simple decision. if you were immortal, imagine how lonely it is to meet people and become friends with them then live past all of them then havign to redo the process of finding friends, and them dying again and having to keep going through that process. death is almost a privilege in that sense. this world isnt that great in the first place.

Budadiiii
11-02-2014, 04:25 PM
ill choose to die and its quite a simple decision. if you were immortal, imagine how lonely it is to meet people and become friends with them then live past all of them then havign to redo the process of finding friends, and them dying again and having to keep going through that process. death is almost a privilege in that sense. this world isnt that great in the first place.
But you could just bust nuts for eternity. That sounds sick as hell to me.

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2014, 04:41 PM

agreed with everything except the last sentence.. but that would have to be pretty painful, yea...

It reminds me of a movie, I forgot the title... This guy was Immortal, and at the end of the movie he visited the funeral of his own, son? Or someone that was way younger than him... I think it was a good movie.

Anyone know which one this could be? He like, realized that in his life he will always be there, never die...

RidonKs
11-02-2014, 08:57 PM
depends how old i am. right now there's no way i kill myself. but a few thousand years down the road and i'm wondering why i didn't / wishing i had.

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 10:16 PM

and it is safe to say that this is one reason as to why human have always had a tough time finding one consistent and only higher power

Qwyjibo
11-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Of course I'd want to be immortal. When everyone around me dies, I'll meet new people/beings. If I can somehow survive the end of the universe and see if another one comes into existence or whatever, hell yes. I want to continue to have memories and thoughts and experiences in whatever form. To me, that's much better than dying and being completely removed from existence.

All that is assuming I can live as a normal human being in each era and not be found out and experimented on.

CelticBaller
11-02-2014, 10:22 PM
What if you pick the immortal option and unfortunately down the road you did a crime and spent a life term. Imagine how much that would suck! A life time of cocks up your angus...
Or you could just plan a breakout knowing you have all the time and health in the world, also I don't see how you are going to take cocks in your ass when you know nothing can kill you. Unless you like if you fgt

BigBoss
11-02-2014, 10:43 PM

I used to think this too, but the more interested I get into the universe and technology, the more it saddens me that i won't get to see what mankind will accomplish in the future. If I were granted immortality, I wouldn't live a normal life i.e. making friends and doing normal stiff, getting upset because of a breakup, etc. My thought process would transcend that and I would find a purpose for my immortality.

End of the day i'll figure out a way to get rich first. Then either party with strippers every night doing blow OR become an astronaut. Either/or.

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 11:42 PM
I used to think this too, but the more interested I get into the universe and technology, the more it saddens me that i won't get to see what mankind will accomplish in the future. If I were granted immortality, I wouldn't live a normal life i.e. making friends and doing normal stiff, getting upset because of a breakup, etc. My thought process would transcend that and I would find a purpose for my immortality.

End of the day i'll figure out a way to get rich first. Then either party with strippers every night doing blow OR become an astronaut. Either/or.

said by everyone who was an absolute retard at a particular facet of life and just wanted to keep on trying and learning.

wishing and letting others know that they are simply just experiencing their immortality as others pass by

Budadiiii
11-03-2014, 12:13 AM

Or sit at your computer all day, every day, 24/7, like you do now.

BigBoss
11-03-2014, 12:15 AM
said by everyone who was an absolute retard at a particular facet of life and just wanted to keep on trying and learning.

wishing and letting others know that they are simply just experiencing their immortality as others pass by

Real talk but I didn't understand a god damn word you just wrote and how it relates to anything in my post.

BigBoss
11-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Or sit at your computer all day, every day, 24/7, like you do now.

http://1newvideo.com/thumb/4/4514.jpg

GimmeThat
11-03-2014, 12:23 AM
Real talk but I didn't understand a god damn word you just wrote and how it relates to anything in my post.

normal life.

transcend.

BigBoss
11-03-2014, 12:25 AM
normal life.

transcend.

Your high AF

Dictator
11-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Immortal.

MavsSuperFan
11-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Right.

You're all talk dude. You don't have the balls for it.
Its not about courage. Obviously I wouldnt commit suicide now.

You dont realize how painful terminal conditions can get.
Have you ever had really bad Diarrhea? You know that pain in the bowels of the body? Imagine something like that, but even more painful, and constantly forever.

Ever sprain your back? every had a muscle spasm in your rib cage, legs, etc? Ever feel like your body is tearing itself apart?

People terminally ill can reach a point where they are in so much pain it immobilizes them. The fact that we force these people to live/suffer until they die naturally (which might take years) imo is very cruel.