PDA

View Full Version : OKC drafted yet another great player with Andre Roberson.

russwest0
11-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Man I can't think of another YOUNG player in the league today that does what Roberson can do playing as a SG. Jimmy Butler is a good comparison I guess but he's 25 years old and still a bit different.

Roberson through 3 games so far is averaging 7/7/3/1/1 on 65% and he's playing elite defense as well.

OKC drafted, with a late first rounder, an elite perimeter defender who is capable of getting 7/8 boards a game like it's nothing. And on offense he's a really good slasher who just knows where to be and knows how to stay efficient as opposed to doing dumb shit like Sefolosha would sometimes do.

I'm really psyched about Roberson and how well he's gonna play alongside the starters once OKC gets back to full strength.

russwest0
11-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Some quotes about Roberson so far this year:

Andre Roberson was an absolute menace, scoring eight points with eight rebounds, five assists and three blocks while almost single-handily destroying Nuggets’ offensive possessions.

Andre Roberson is something else on the defensive end. Brooks said it perfectly tonight: “If you focus on one thing he doesn’t do well, I think you’re missing the point on him.” Roberson defends like hell, rebounds, cuts and blocks shots. Nope, he can’t shoot for crap. But he’s also just a 22-year-old second-year player. He’ll get better at some of that stuff. But on the defensive end, he’s darn near elite already.

There was also a screencap I saw on a thunder board from another forum of a Knicks fan giving a scouting report on Roberson and how good he is, but I can't find it.

Roberson is a beast who can lockdown 1-5 while playing as a SG and get 10 rebounds like it's nothing. I remember last year watching him guard guys like Kobe and Dirk with no fear and force them into misses or steal the ball.

Heavincent
11-02-2014, 02:43 PM
He's like a better version of Sefolosha, which is perfect for the Thunder.

J Shuttlesworth
11-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Agreed

#noexcuses

navy
11-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Still no rings for Durant.

DMV2
11-02-2014, 02:53 PM
The injuries to Durant and Westbrook seem to be a blessing in disguise. PJ3 playing like an all-star, Roberson another gem.

Only issue is can their coach mesh it all together.

russwest0
11-02-2014, 03:12 PM
He's like a better version of Sefolosha, which is perfect for the Thunder.

Yup.

More athletic, more efficient, doesn't do as much dumb shit, and a better rebounder.

Budadiiii
11-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Still no rings for Durant.
And you're still on here all day, every day, with absolutely no future. :oldlol:

Funny how life works.

KG215
11-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Was still skeptical about Roberson as our "Thabo replacement" going into the season, but he's already a really, really good perimeter defender capable of defending multiple positions; and, when you throw in his rebounding (which is light years better than Thabo's rebounding) it's even better. Can't shoot to save his life which can be detrimental at times, but neither could Thabo two years into his NBA career and he developed into a solid shooter.

Thing I like most about Roberson is that he has an uncanny nose for the ball. He'll never come close to sniffing All-Star caliber or anything like that, but he's already not too far away from being in the discussion with the other elite perimeter defenders in the NBA and he's just a 22 year old second year player. Not saying he's an elite defender yet, but he looks to be on his way.

Lebronxrings
11-02-2014, 03:45 PM
absolutely no excuses this year. Yes, even with injuries, okc is still the best in the west and expected to win a championship.

andremiller07
11-02-2014, 03:49 PM
He's actually one OKC player I like, I thought he would do well after watching him in SL (last year I think). Has to improve the jumpshot but the rest of his game/attitude is sweet Roberson goes hard. Reminds me of a SG version of former player Jason Hart.