PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul's postgame >>>>>

Thechosen1
11-02-2014, 06:10 PM
he is unreal in the post, I never realized how skilled he is with his footwork and arsenal :wtf:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Bird is the most skilled player in history. After him CP has as good an argument as anyone

RoundMoundOfReb
11-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Goat under 6 ft player.

The_Pharcyde
11-02-2014, 06:20 PM
One of the great overrated players

Very good/skilled player but you are forced to play Chris Paul ball with him...
Except unlike kobe and lebron (who are also players who handcuff your playing style) it doesn't leave the 2nd round

There is always an excuse lined up for Chris Paul, now that we already used coach and lack of personnel multiple times, we have moved on to "But the west is too good!!" Psh

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-02-2014, 06:26 PM
One of the great overrated players

Very good player but you are forced to play Chris Paul ball with him...
Except unlike kobe and lebron (who are also players who handcuff your playing style) it doesn't leave the 2nd round

There is always an excuse lined up for Chris Paul, now that we already used coach and lack of personnel multiple times, we have moved on to "But the west is too good!!" Psh
The only times CP lost in the playoffs as the favorite was against Memphis in 13. Most of that had to do with Blake playing like sht CP was the best player in the series and played great on both ends. He gave SA all they could handle in 08 but they were just a better team. Same with LA in 11 when he was the best player in the series.

09 Denver and 12 Spurs is the only series he played below average in and he was injured in the Denver series

Lebron lost multiple times as the favorite and underperformed in the playoffs in Cleveland and Miami.

The_Pharcyde
11-02-2014, 06:34 PM
The only times CP lost in the playoffs as the favorite was against Memphis in 13. Most of that had to do with Blake playing like sht CP was the best player in the series and played great on both ends. He gave SA all they could handle in 08 but they were just a better team. Same with LA in 11 when he was the best player in the series.

09 Denver and 12 Spurs is the only series he played below average in and he was injured in the Denver series

Lebron lost multiple times as the favorite and underperformed in the playoffs in Cleveland and Miami.

all excuses, at the end of the day there has been a Decade of chris paul in the NBA and he hasn't done something that Westbrook, Rose, Nash, Parker, Kidd and every other recognized modern point guard all had accomplished. I'm not asking this guy to Win a finals MVP, hell im not even saying play in the Finals.. just give me a WCF.

I mean this guy even lost in the 2nd round with a stacked Wake Forest team in 2005... sheesh

im sick of hearing about this mythical Chris Paul "The Winner", this guy hasn't played a truly meaningful playoff game in 10 years of business
get out of here

fpliii
11-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Most underrated player in the league and it's not close. Can't have a fair discussion of him on here because people are obsessed with narrative.

The_Pharcyde
11-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Most underrated player in the league and it's not close. Can't have a fair discussion of him on here because people are obsessed with narrative.

This is what I'm talking about ^^
Talk about a hyperbole

MellowYellow
11-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Too bad hes has a trash perimeter game. Most overrated scrub in nba history. Biggest choker too.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Too bad hes has a trash perimeter game. Most overrated scrub in nba history. Biggest choker too.
One of the best midrange games for a PG ever, great 3pt shooting, alltime great pickandroll player............yeah trash perimeter game. Shut yo mouth u low IQ knicks fan:lol

SugarHill
11-02-2014, 07:13 PM

Pretty venomous yet you can spin anything to make Melo look good and escape criticism. :roll:

MellowYellow
11-02-2014, 07:14 PM
One of the best midrange games for a PG ever, great 3pt shooting, alltime great pickandroll player............yeah trash perimeter game. Shut yo mouth u low IQ knicks fan:lol

You know nothing about this game, Paul is a front runner that thrives off his team. And he constantly holds his teams back by not being able score when they need him to.

MellowYellow
11-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Pretty venomous yet you can spin anything to make Melo look good and escape criticism. :roll:

Criticize him all you want, but if you do and then put Paul on a pedestal. Then well, pot meet kettle.

Kblaze8855
11-02-2014, 07:21 PM
all excuses

Its rare anyone who falls back on reasons being excuses has anything to say worth reading.

One of the many signs someone can be safely disregarded. Up there with altering player names to make a lame joke(I swear I saw someone go with Irk Noskillski once).

SugarHill
11-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Its rare anyone who falls back on reasons being excuses has anything to say worth reading.

One of the many signs someone can be safely disregarded. Up there with altering player names to make a lame joke(I swear I saw someone go with Irk Noskillski once).

Let's be real, that's hilarious :oldlol:

The_Pharcyde
11-02-2014, 07:35 PM

I think another sign is when users don't talk about the argument but just resort to ad hominems

the guys argument was that blake griffin played bad thats why CP3 cant win..

if I said the Rose's Bulls didnt beat the Heat in the 2011 ECF cause Boozer played bad/had turf toe... then that would be dismissed as an excuse..

the guy is heralded as a top floor general of all time yet the excuse for him not succeeding is that his big man that he is the main catalyst for didnt show up

isnt that a floor generals greatest trait.. elevates everyones game..

the Great players of all time find a way, the conditions dont all have to align perfectly

Kblaze8855
11-02-2014, 07:53 PM
There is virtually no argument to talk about. Chris Paul haters almost never bring up basketball. They resort to arguments children could frame just as well if given the won/lost results.

The idea that great players just magically find a way to win didnt even exist when most fans of the game were real fans...due to professional basketball being more of a niche thing.

Once you add millions of fans who dont really care about the ins and outs as much as rooting for ____ and hating on ____ as a result a lot of this shit got worse and worse.

Nobody who saw Oscar Robertson came away claiming that since he never won more than a round of the playoffs even if he had top 50 all time Jerry Lucas and another all star(or two) he was anything less than an all time elite player.

People started that shit when their emotion eclipsed their true interest in learning the game.

Its easy to hate. It takes time and effort to learn to appreciate.

Which is why being a fan is more about hating on your teams rivals these days than really knowing what you are watching.

Really...read this forum. Read all forums. Listen to sports radio....talk to casual fans(most fans).

Hate comes well before appreciation.....because its easy to hate.

Its easy to say "Lol...second round". You have to pay attention to mount a half decent argument against Chris Pauls basketball playing ability being all time great point guard wise.

Which may be one I dont think ive seen one...ever.

rhowen4
11-02-2014, 07:56 PM
i think most sane people here properly rate chris paul up there

STATUTORY
11-02-2014, 07:58 PM
honestly a lot of smaller guards probably have surprisingly good "post game" because it requires coordination and soft touch that guards usually have in spades.

dannywpt
11-02-2014, 08:32 PM
He's kinda underwhelming to watch for supposedly being underrated, a great defender, a great shooter from all ranges, all time great pnr player, a great passer, 2nd most skilled of all time...

Most of it coming from the same guy who claimed current Curry >>> Prime Steve Nash :rolleyes:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-02-2014, 08:37 PM
He's kinda underwhelming to watch for supposedly being underrated, a great defender, a great shooter from all ranges, all time great pnr player, a great passer, 2nd most skilled of all time...

Most of it coming from the same guy who claimed current Curry >>> Prime Steve Nash :rolleyes:
i said he was better didnt say the gap was huge

DaOldLion
11-02-2014, 08:40 PM
My biggest gripe with Paul is that he is way to hesitant, he over dribbles instead of just making the simple pass/play sometimes, usually during crucial moments of playoff games

He over thinks certain plays when instead he needs to be more aggressive. This has absolutely killed him the past few years in the playoffs and it was good to finally hear the commentators point out how hesitant he is with the ball in big game situation when the team needs a play.