PDA

View Full Version : If Miami get the #2 spot in the east, can Bosh get MVP?

SpecialQue
11-02-2014, 09:49 PM
It sure as fvck isn't going to Durant.

EnoughSaid
11-02-2014, 09:53 PM
If he puts up something like 25/11 on 50%+ then yes. Going to have to have some big performances during the key MVP voting stretches.

305Baller
11-02-2014, 09:54 PM
It's possible.

dubeta
11-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Can't even average more than 12 points in the playoffs :facepalm

Demitri98
11-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Davis, Blake and Bosh all will have legit cases. But LeBron will get it anyway

Qwyjibo
11-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Shouldn't it also depend on how well he played and not just where his team finished?

I guess it's possible but I just don't see Bosh all of a sudden putting up the monster numbers that are worthy of an MVP. Then again, media narrative can play a huge factor in MVP voting (Rose, Nash) so he could get that behind him even if he doesn't actually deserve it.

navy
11-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Shouldn't it also depend on how well he played and not just where his team finished?

I guess it's possible but I just don't see Bosh all of a sudden putting up the monster numbers that are worthy of an MVP. Then again, media narrative can play a huge factor in MVP voting (Rose, Nash) so he could get that behind him even if he doesn't actually deserve it.

If the Heat get the number one seed overall, or second to a team like the Spurs who dont have strong mvp candidates the narrative will drive him through. I dont think he will get it any other way.

HylianNightmare
11-02-2014, 10:22 PM
of course he can

Fork
11-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Yeah he can, but that's implying Miami will be the number 2 seed, which they won't

HOoopCityJones
11-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Better question is how would that reflect Lebron?

Mr Exlax
11-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Better question is how would that reflect Lebron?

It really shouldn't reflect on him at all. It would reflect on the Heat coaching staff for not utilizing him better and showcasing him more in the offense. He's first option now and they had him as the third option when Lebron was there.

Lebronxrings
11-02-2014, 11:21 PM
He shouldn't win mvp. Miami right now is playing great TEAM basketball and everyone is chipping in. Bosh's stats are a little misleading.

Magic731
11-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Great time for power forwards in the NBA. Blake, Davis, Bosh all legit MVP candidates.

Warfan
11-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Flash>

russwest0
11-02-2014, 11:28 PM
He shouldn't win mvp. Miami right now is playing great TEAM basketball and everyone is chipping in. Bosh's stats are a little misleading.

Weird how that works out after LeStatPad leaves town.

Papaya Petee
11-03-2014, 09:54 AM
He wont. Numbers wise probably not but Wade is still the best player even tho he started slow with 16/7/6 on 42% he will produce at 20-22/5/5. The whole offense flows with Wade playmaking getting guys open looks off PNR and kickouts.

Plus Miami will only win 48-53 games so neither one of them will win MVP.

Nash
11-03-2014, 10:39 AM
absolutely. If he continues like this and his team finishes 1st or close 2nd in the East he could easily get it.

Jlamb47
11-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Yes he should, bosh looks a whole lot better without Lebron, Lebron stans lookin dumb

Budadiiii
11-03-2014, 10:53 AM
The fact that Wade/Bosh, and the Heat as a collective unit will flourish without LeBron just tarnishes his "legacy"(or whatever he has left of it) that much more.

If Bosh wins MVP? LOL... then rest in peace to LeBron and all of his stans because he immediately drops out of the top 20 list. He's not even in my top 40 but in general, people have him pretty high and Bosh winning MVP and proving right every single theory on LeBron about him not making his teammates better. It proves that he actually makes them much worse, which is what I've been saying for years. He hogs the ball and isn't a good leader at all. He plays hot potato and turns great players into spot-up shooters. If he was a real "team player" and some guy that got the best out of his teammates, he'd be sitting on 5 or 6 rings, not two asterisk rings that no one was impressed with.

Anybody have a taste of "that's it?" in their mouth after LeBron's stint in Miami? I thought it was a miserable failure only winning two rings with a pretty much completely healthy team all 4 years and the fact that they were BY FAR the most stacked/talented team in the league in a weak conference with a very very good coach.

Somehow LeBron underachieved just like he has been doing his whole career and I think after this season, as we witness the Heat do just fine without him and as superstars like Bosh prove they are better players than him, it will like I said, tarnish his already shit legacy even further and pretty much make it impossible for him to ever into the top 20 all-time. He'll be the only guy with 4+ MVP's to not be in the top 20 all-time. :oldlol:

Budadiiii
11-03-2014, 11:08 AM
It sucks that 4 prime years of Bosh were wasted playing with the cancer that is Lebron James.

We're talking about an all-time great power forward here, and an MVP caliber player every single year.

This will be the fifth straight year that LeBron plays with two other MVP caliber players beside him.

A lot of guys who get drafted early struggle early with a rather weak lineup.... so his first couple years in Cleveland can be expected.

But after his 3rd or 4th year, those teams were championship contenders and not because of LeBron, but because of defense/rebounding. He should have brought a couple of titles to Cle but he quit against Boston and choked against the Dwight led Magic, who had a weaker roster than Bron.

Compared to other stars, LeBron has been surrounded by a silly amount of talent. Absurd in relation to his competitors.

Yet, still will never reach Kobe or Jordan in ring count. Quite frankly, I don't think LeBron can EVER win another ring.... and that is saying something considering he is playing on the most stacked team in the league, maybe in the history of it in relation to other time periods.

Megabox!
11-03-2014, 01:33 PM
^ that guy just typed up back-to-back novels of complete bullshit.

Fudge
11-03-2014, 01:39 PM
It sucks that 4 prime years of Bosh were wasted playing with the cancer that is Lebron James.

We're talking about an all-time great power forward here, and an MVP caliber player every single year.

This will be the fifth straight year that LeBron plays with two other MVP caliber players beside him.

A lot of guys who get drafted early struggle early with a rather weak lineup.... so his first couple years in Cleveland can be expected.

But after his 3rd or 4th year, those teams were championship contenders and not because of LeBron, but because of defense/rebounding. He should have brought a couple of titles to Cle but he quit against Boston and choked against the Dwight led Magic, who had a weaker roster than Bron.

Compared to other stars, LeBron has been surrounded by a silly amount of talent. Absurd in relation to his competitors.

Yet, still will never reach Kobe or Jordan in ring count. Quite frankly, I don't think LeBron can EVER win another ring.... and that is saying something considering he is playing on the most stacked team in the league, maybe in the history of it in relation to other time periods.
Preach. :applause:

ThatCoolKid
11-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Lebron about to get MVP #5 and ring #3 while Durant and Brook miss the playoffs. You mad? :confusedshrug: :lol