PDA

View Full Version : If the Cavs and Heat meet in the playoffs and Miami prevails...

TheMan
11-03-2014, 05:21 AM
Could that be the straw that breaks the camel's back and lead LeStans to the breaking point? I mean, when you combine all of Bran's failures like getting murked in 07, 08 and 09, shitting the bed in the 10/11 Finals, being one miracle trey from another meh Finals perfomance and adding to all that, giving up last year's Finals MVP to his defensive cover, a role player no less.

Losing to his former team, a team the LeStans all tell you will be garbage without him, you figure there's only so much you can bear, right?

Inquiring minds want to know...

http://static3.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1895417.1407432393!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/30-years-jonestown.jpg
:oldlol: I believe I see dubeta in that pic

Cocaine80s
11-03-2014, 05:23 AM
Heat wont beat the Cavs :oldlol:

DFish24
11-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Bran would get kicked out of the top 50.

Crose
11-03-2014, 05:29 AM
it doesn't even matter if the heat beat the cavs

the mere fact that bosh and wade look like stars and the heat are doing great is testament to how far lebron held them back.

they look like a good playoff team and bosh and wade look great. everything by the eye test shows that lebron did not let them play to their level because he makes his teammates worse.

of course lebron makes them a championship team, but which great wouldnt?

if you gave jordan, duncan, kobe, bird, magic, hakeem, even lesser greats like kg and david robinson and dirk teammates like wade and bosh, they easily win 2 championships out of 4. making the finals is a joke already with the east, all the player would have to do is not choke like a loser in 2011 and feast on a inexperienced thunder team in 2012. then they are going for the 3 peat

the point is lebron did not maximize his teammates play because he doesn't make them better.

Im Still Ballin
11-03-2014, 05:32 AM

Lj Goat, U Mad?

dubeta
11-03-2014, 05:34 AM
Cavs are a 33 win team while Miami went to 4 straight finals

Miami should be expected to win, huge failure if they don't

Im Still Ballin
11-03-2014, 05:35 AM

Agreed.

Crose
11-03-2014, 05:37 AM

so miami is a contender with lebron and a contender without lebron

and cleveland is a bad team without lebron and a bad team with lebron

so lebron has no impact on a team

bosh and wade and spo :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Sarcastic
11-03-2014, 05:41 AM

I thought they only went to 4 straight finals because Lebron single handedly carried them? Without him, how could they be the favorites?

TheMan
11-03-2014, 05:52 AM

Ok, so when it comes to the three time defending champ 94 Bulls, without Jordan almost making it to the ECFs, that somehow takes away from his accomplishments according to you and your ilk. For the Heat, without LeBron, them not making it is a failure according to you? I see how it is, nice double standard.:oldlol:

The 94 Bulls SHOULD'VE made it to the Finals, right? I mean they were threepeat champions:oldlol:

Dat GOAT

TheMan
11-03-2014, 05:55 AM

:oldlol: :applause:

retaxis
11-03-2014, 06:34 AM
Once teams figure out to double bosh in the post and make Dwayne wade work hard to score 1 on 1 then that's it. Wade will not be able to do that for the whole season as it will take too much of a toll on his body

sportjames23
11-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Ok, so when it comes to the three time defending champ 94 Bulls, without Jordan almost making it to the ECFs, that somehow takes away from his accomplishments according to you and your ilk. For the Heat, without LeBron, them not making it is a failure according to you? I see how it is, nice double standard.:oldlol:

The 94 Bulls SHOULD'VE made it to the Finals, right? I mean they were threepeat champions:oldlol:

Dat GOAT

AEther (Olde English style)

FLDFSU
11-03-2014, 08:18 AM
I really don't understand these arguments at all:

The Heat are the most stacked team of all time, who improved by subtraction because we no longer have to play "Lebron ball" and added all-star to replace Deng, and Granger and McRoberts to replace Ray Allen.

Yet if the Heat beat a team that had 33 wins...that added Love but then added "Lebron ball" which will cancel out Love's effectiveness...in the playoffs, that would be some great accomplishment :biggums:

The Heat are the 4 time reigning Eastern Conference Champs with two superstars and a stacked roster.

Anything less than a return to the Finals is a complete and utter failure.

2swift4u
11-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Obviously it would be tough for Lebron to lose against Miami, but Miami actually has a good team this year. Bosh is much more active, Wade looks a bit more healthy and they replaced Lebron with Deng who's helping them on both ends of the court just like Lebron did. Furthermore they did what they should have done a while ago by getting rid of some of the old guys and replacing them with some young talent and starting Cole as PG. So except for no Lebron they actually have a better team this year than last year imo. However they still lack size under the rim.

returnofthemack
11-03-2014, 09:11 AM
People asked the same question about the 2010-11 cavs and heat. It's early in the season. Wade won't stay healthy. I can't believe some people have their heads so far up their butts that they think the heat are better without Lebron. I said for years that the heat needed to give boshs a bigger role. It should have been Lebron then bosh then wade in the pecking order.

r15mohd
11-03-2014, 09:29 AM
People asked the same question about the 2010-11 cavs and heat. It's early in the season. Wade won't stay healthy. I can't believe some people have their heads so far up their butts that they think the heat are better without Lebron. I said for years that the heat needed to give boshs a bigger role. It should have been Lebron then bosh then wade in the pecking order.

exactly this...I'd even go as far as bringing Wade off the bench to wreck the 2nd unit. it would preserve his minutes, which was key, and allow him to be 1st option caliber when Lebron rested or 2nd option when Bosh rested.

more successful attack IMO.

navy
11-03-2014, 09:32 AM

The heat went 2-2 in the finals. Saying they should have changed the pecking order is revisionist history. Wade was better than Bosh.

PJR
11-03-2014, 09:38 AM
The heat went 2-2 in the finals. Saying the should have changed the pecking order is revisionist history. Wade was better than Bosh.

2-2 in the Finals, along with a 66 win season in 2013 that included a 27 game winning streak.

These fools are acting as if Wade wasn't doing 22-5-5 on 50% shooting with a 26 PER, and 21-5-5 on 52% shooting with a 24 PER in 2012 and 2013. :facepalm

Revisionist history indeed.

FatComputerNerd
11-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Wade and Bosh are both still elite level players regardless of what trolls/stans on here post.

Granger+Deng < LeBron, obviously, but they do somewhat fill the hole Lebron left. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Miami made a deep playoff run.

As for them beating the Cavs in a 7-game series...yeah that would be pretty bad for Lebron's legacy, and the message boards would go nuts. I'd be lmao even as a Cavs fan.

returnofthemack
11-03-2014, 11:17 AM
The heat went 2-2 in the finals. Saying they should have changed the pecking order is revisionist history. Wade was better than Bosh.

It's not revisionist history. The heat had a great run for the last 4 years. The way they did things worked pretty well. It's my opinion that it could have been better if bosh had a bigger role from day one. It didn't happen because it was wades team and there was no way in hell that wade would be the third wheel.

SexSymbol
11-03-2014, 11:17 AM
God damn this thread is shitty

TheMan
11-03-2014, 09:44 PM
God damn this thread is shitty
Da fuq outta here, you know goddam well that if the Bron/Cavs lose to Miami, that'll be a HUGE hit to his legacy. Go ahead and keep pretending the Heat have no chance, lol. Just to name a couple of things they have over the Cavs is defense and playoffs experience, that goes a long way in the postseason. I would not be the least bit shocked if Miami does beat the highly talented but soft Cavs.

Megabox!
11-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Da fuq outta here, you know goddam well that if the Bron/Cavs lose to Miami, that'll be a HUGE hit to his legacy. Go ahead and keep pretending the Heat have no chance, lol. Just to name a couple of things they have over the Cavs is defense and playoffs experience, that goes a long way in the postseason. I would not be the least bit shocked if Miami does beat the highly talented but soft Cavs.
They didn't look soft against Chicago the other night.

Simple Jack
11-03-2014, 10:25 PM
How exactly did LeBron get murked in 07, 08, and 09?

I almost respect the level of stupidity some people have shown on the forum regarding the Heat and LeBron. It's 3 games into the season and there are this many threads.

dubeta
11-03-2014, 10:27 PM
First Cavs need to make the playoffs before we can engage in these hypotheticals :facepalm

jbryan1984
11-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Excluding injuries, I just dont see them beating us match wise. Wade is about the only one who matches up better position wise and I dont think he can be the go to guy in a series. They can't outscore us or outrebound us.

Fire Colangelo
11-04-2014, 01:05 AM
exactly this...I'd even go as far as bringing Wade off the bench to wreck the 2nd unit. it would preserve his minutes, which was key, and allow him to be 1st option caliber when Lebron rested or 2nd option when Bosh rested.

more successful attack IMO.

That is, in theory how a lot of teams SHOULD work. It's just that the player's egos would get in the way. Even though Wade would average around the same minutes and would close together with LeBron had he came off the bench, there's just something about being benched that these guys won't be able to handle.

Mr. Jabbar
11-04-2014, 01:20 AM
wow, wheres that pic from?

Micku
11-04-2014, 01:26 AM
It definitely would make the NBA headlines. People would be talking about it for months if the Cavs were to lose to the Heat. The Miami Heat fans (all five of them on this site) would rejoice in it. It would be a slight jab to LBJ legacy depending on how well he plays, but if he wins another championship the year after it, then ppl won't talk about it as much. It may not be that big of a deal in the long run...at least not to me. Instead, it shows how underrated the Miami Heat team was coming to this season.

Regardless, it's waaay too early to really tell how both teams play, and which player could stay consistent and what roles are well established. I don't think the Heat would beat the Cavs anyway. Cavs got a lot of talent, but we'll see how they play together with the offense and defensive end later in the season. What you see right now probably isn't an accurate interpretation of how the teams will play like in April or whatever. We got a long way to go.

We'll see how each team play in Dec, and if Miami still continues to impress, then we can have more interesting conversations about it.

riseagainst
11-04-2014, 01:31 AM
cawd dam, dubeta on a complete meltdown.

:roll:

Budadiiii
11-04-2014, 01:40 AM
wow, wheres that pic from?
Jonestown Massacre

Dresta
11-04-2014, 04:08 AM
I really don't understand these arguments at all:

The Heat are the most stacked team of all time, who improved by subtraction because we no longer have to play "Lebron ball" and added all-star to replace Deng, and Granger and McRoberts to replace Ray Allen.

Yet if the Heat beat a team that had 33 wins...that added Love but then added "Lebron ball" which will cancel out Love's effectiveness...in the playoffs, that would be some great accomplishment :biggums:

The Heat are the 4 time reigning Eastern Conference Champs with two superstars and a stacked roster.

Anything less than a return to the Finals is a complete and utter failure.Find me a single pundit who agrees with you on that. Christ, most think they haven't got a shot of challenging the Bulls or Cavs, many thought a low seed, and others predicted they'd miss the playoffs (in fact, this was the biggest claim of Bron stans on here when Bron first left - rubbish supporting cast, Miami not even a playoff team without Bron etc.).

Eat dirt you flip-flopping lump of muff-garbage.

dunksby
11-04-2014, 04:18 AM
First Cavs need to make the playoffs before we can engage in these hypotheticals :facepalm
Stans already in damage control mode, chill the **** out man it's the East we talkin about. :oldlol:

Fudge
11-04-2014, 04:19 AM

Pooped on.

Dresta
11-04-2014, 04:20 AM
It had nothing to do with pecking order and everything to do with it become a Lebron dominated offense - this is what turned Bosh into a one-dimensional jump-shooter. In fact, the year when Bosh had the biggest role was in 2011, and again, it was Bron who ruined what the Miami Heat could've been by laying a huge egg in the finals.

From a Q&A with Ira Winderman (a guy who knows the ins and outs of the Heat):

'Q: It is really fun and enjoyable to watch Chris Bosh's inside game. I'm still not sure why Bosh's inside game couldn't have been incorporated into the Heat's last four seasons. It seems like another weapon that would have made it even easier for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and the Heat's offense. LeBron's game /Bosh playing inside was always presented as an either/or, as opposed to having them working together to make everyone better. So was that LeBron's domination or Erik Spoelstra's coaching? Now we know why Jeff Van Gundy said the Heat could have gone 72-10. -- Stuart.

A: I think the Heat tried that the first season the Big Three were together and what it did was dissuade LeBron to play in the post. Then, when he got the ball in the post against J.J. Barea, he wasn't sure what to do. Like Spoelstra often said, Bosh "sacrificed." Now it's his turn to play on his terms.'

Bosh's marginalization in Miami's offense had everything to do with Bron's style of play and inability not to dominate the ball. Wade and Bosh, on the other hand, are great compliments to each other's games, and everyone's finally seeing that now (pity we couldn't have seen it in 2011 tbh).

ImKobe
11-04-2014, 11:30 AM

a 33-win team that added Lebron and replaced Bennett with Kevin Love(packaged with the pick they got for playing so shitty last season). :rolleyes: