PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Assisted Suicide?

fpliii
11-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Just read this:

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local/2014/11/02/friends-of-brittany-maynard-post-goodbyes/18389065/

Should terminally ill patients legally have the right to end their lives (and access to the drugs needed) on their terms?

sweggeh
11-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Yes.

For a small fee of course.

dude77
11-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Just read this:

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local/2014/11/02/friends-of-brittany-maynard-post-goodbyes/18389065/

Should terminally ill patients legally have the right to end their lives (and access to the drugs needed) on their terms?

of course wtf not ? .. why should they be forced to keep living if they're suffering/in constant pain ? ..

hell, anyone who wants to die should be able to .. their body, their business

dannywpt
11-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Yes, if a group/team of doctors/psychologist/psyciatrists do a thorough evaluation of the persons condition and come to the consolusion that the person can have the choice.

Total independent individual decision to have an assisted suicide, no. You can't always see clearly through physical and especially mental illness.

MavsSuperFan
11-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Definitely for terminally ill patients.

people dont realize how painful terminal conditions can get.
Have you ever had really bad Diarrhea? You know that pain in the bowels of the body? Imagine something like that, but even more painful, and constantly forever.

Ever sprain your back? every had a muscle spasm in your rib cage, legs, etc? Ever feel like your body is tearing itself apart?

People terminally ill can reach a point where they are in so much pain it immobilizes them. The fact that we force these people to live/suffer until they die naturally (which might take years) imo is very cruel.

Trollsmasher
11-03-2014, 03:27 PM
anyone should have the right to do this

to deny healthy people this right is a reverse healthism

LOLCATS
11-03-2014, 03:30 PM
People are always trying to put barriers around others. What you can do, who you worship, who you are allowed to love, what you are allowed to do with your own body, and more things of that nature. It's completely within their right what they want to do.

dude77
11-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Definitely for terminally ill patients.

people dont realize how painful terminal conditions can get.
Have you ever had really bad Diarrhea? You know that pain in the bowels of the body? Imagine something like that, but even more painful, and constantly forever.

Ever sprain your back? every had a muscle spasm in your rib cage, legs, etc? Ever feel like your body is tearing itself apart?

People terminally ill can reach a point where they are in so much pain it immobilizes them. The fact that we force these people to live/suffer until they die naturally (which might take years) imo is very cruel.

this should extend to mental pain and suffering also .. but since it's not visible people dismiss it .. some people suffer for years and years, silently ..

again, anyone who wants to end their life, should be able to .. why not ? who the hell is anyone to tell someone you can't .. it's not anyone's business ..

maybe do an evaluation to make sure they're sane/competent and all that good stuff .. but after that, it should be their call

Pushxx
11-03-2014, 03:41 PM
anyone should have the right to do this

to deny healthy people this right is a reverse healthism

Artistically done. :roll: :oldlol:

Myth
11-03-2014, 03:44 PM
of course wtf not ? .. why should they be forced to keep living if they're suffering/in constant pain ? ..

hell, anyone who wants to die should be able to .. their body, their business

I think this is the first thing you have said that I agree with.

oarabbus
11-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Not very keen on the idea of a depressed 17 or 18 year old offing themselves. But I will say assisted suicide should be available to all individuals suffering from terminal diseases as well as 65+ (in America, age may be different in other countries)

stalkerforlife
11-03-2014, 04:10 PM
I approve of it.

Eliminate suffering.

J Shuttlesworth
11-03-2014, 04:11 PM
It's their life. If they want to end it, they should be able to safely. Check out the documentary called "The Suicide Tourist" Really interesting. The person has ALS and goes to get Physician Assisted Suicide

Draz
11-03-2014, 04:57 PM
only if it's by being stoned

masonanddixon
11-05-2014, 01:03 AM
100% support it.

I'm a very much anti-palliative care and very pro assisted death and continual medical treatment/oncology.

step_back
11-05-2014, 06:43 AM
I'm for it.

The terminally ill should have the right to end their life in a dignified way. As someone who's seen a person die for years by the hands of Motor neurone disease it's unfair to let people suffer.

T_L_P
11-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Yes, but a doctor should only be put in that position by their choosing (if a doctor had to administer something to end the person's life, for example).

And it needs to be painless. There was a British teen girl recently who was starved to death by her mother after the courts let her end the child's life.

GimmeThat
11-05-2014, 07:10 AM
without being a doctor, and not knowing the physical pain one may be able to endure

has there really ever been a suicide case where it wasn't assisted?

masonanddixon
11-05-2014, 07:15 AM
I'm for it.

The terminally ill should have the right to end their life in a dignified way. As someone who's seen a person die for years by the hands of Motor neurone disease it's unfair to let people suffer.

That's seriously one of the worst ways to go out.

The only reason it's illegal is because of religion. It's amazing that we all anyone to have kids and as many as they want and we even develop more and more effective ways for the retards to spawn, and yet someone cannot end their life on their own terms. Amazing.

step_back
11-05-2014, 07:36 AM
That's seriously one of the worst ways to go out.

The only reason it's illegal is because of religion. It's amazing that we all anyone to have kids and as many as they want and we even develop more and more effective ways for the retards to spawn, and yet someone cannot end their life on their own terms. Amazing.

Yep it's truly awful. I had known her for 10 years. She was a magazine editor and ran her own web design business. Incredibly hard working, very intelligent and independent. She raised two children on her own one of which is my best friend. The last time I saw her before she died, she was slumped over in a wheelchair unable to speak, unable to feed herself and unable to go to the toilet on her own. She had been in that state for nearly 2 years. Towards the end all she could do on her own was blink. She eventually died from her respiratory system shutting down.

masonanddixon
11-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Yep it's truly awful. I had known her for 10 years. She was a magazine editor and ran her own web design business. Incredibly hard working, very intelligent and independent. She raised two children on her own one of which is my best friend. The last time I saw her before she died, she was slumped over in a wheelchair unable to speak, unable to feed herself and unable to go to the toilet on her own. She had been in that state for nearly 2 years. Towards the end all she could do on her own was blink. She eventually died from her respiratory system shutting down.

yeah they always die of respiratory paralysis. Same in myasthenia gravis.

It's terrible.

How old? It usually doesn't hit onset till the age of 50.

step_back
11-05-2014, 02:04 PM
yeah they always die of respiratory paralysis. Same in myasthenia gravis.

It's terrible.

How old? It usually doesn't hit onset till the age of 50.

57 years old. She was diagnosed at 52.