PDA

View Full Version : 3ball: "There was no def 3 seconds or handcheck fouls in the 80/90's"

Akhenaten
11-03-2014, 11:29 PM
REALITY

[quote]1981-82

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Why do people respond to him? lol. He's exposed his lack of basketball acumen in countless threads.

3ball
11-03-2014, 11:46 PM
The present rule:

2001-02
• A new defensive three-second rule will prohibit a defensive player from remaining in the lane for more than three consecutive seconds without closely guarding an offensive player.

source: http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html

the current rule posted above, was because the NBA saw the need to enforce a rule with some teeth, after the game had sunk to new levels of brutality and sluggishness by the early 2000's.

by the way, this new rule didn't get enforced until 2005:

2004-05

• New rules were introduced to curtail hand-checking, clarify blocking fouls and call defensive three seconds to open up the game.

But this is all common knowledge.. you guys are just idiots.

3ball
11-03-2014, 11:50 PM
Why do people respond to him?
because the things i say are facts that go against people's shallow view and understanding of the game, and more importantly, against what they want to believe about the game.

these are normally people that are frequently "surprised at this, and surprised at that" (i.e. "oh, so-and-so is doing a lot better than i thought... oh wow, i didn't think so-and-so would get killed like that," etc, etc, for the rest of their lives, just no clue about the game)..