PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Big Man?

305Baller
11-04-2014, 02:07 AM
Let see:

Narlens Noel
DeMarcus Cousins
Chris Bosh
Aldridge
McGee
Drummond
Gasols (2)
A. Davis
Monroe
Griffin
Dirk
Duncan
Vucevic
Howard
Jordan
Noah
Lopez
Ibaka
JEFFERSON
Love
ZBo

who am I missing?

Are we in a new era of great bigs?

Let me knoe.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-04-2014, 02:09 AM
Bosh never left nikka. he was trapped but he escaped

u missed blake grippin, marc gasol, embiid, drummond, pekovic, vucevic, joakim, horford

noob cake
11-04-2014, 02:09 AM
Boogie, Brow, Bosh, Gasol, ZBo are legit.

Rest are soft flopper or jump shooters. Next year, Okafor will come in and become the next Duncan.

bizil
11-04-2014, 02:52 AM
The PF has been ripe and deep with talent since the late 1990's. The amount of depth at that spot was staggering back then and still very impressive now. But the center position still isn't what it used to be. It's getting better than it has been in the past few years though. But how many TRUE ALPHA DOG centers are there in the L. To be frank, Boogie Cousins or Brook Lopez are the closest thing we have to one in the L. Howard never really developed into one and the other two ended up gaining the edge on him in that regard. Noah and Gasol are beasts in the all around sense, but they're not an alpha dog either. And the guys like Drummond, Jordan, Gortat, etc. are good players, but not even close to great. So the center positions still has a ways to go. In the 80's and 90's, at least 4-5 of the top ten players in the L were centers most of the time. Nowdays u just got one in Howard.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-04-2014, 02:52 AM
You forgot the best PF in the game: LeBron James.

Im Still Ballin
11-04-2014, 02:55 AM
:applause:

WTFdidNBAbigsGO
11-04-2014, 02:58 AM
your so lame, why do you all **** just try to troll? do you do it because you dont have any basketball knowledge and you are just desperate for a friend?

Fudge
11-04-2014, 03:02 AM
your so lame, why do you all **** just try to troll? do you do it because you dont have any basketball knowledge and you are just desperate for a friend?
http://i.imgur.com/bctDV8f.gif

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-04-2014, 03:03 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

WTFdidNBAbigsGO
11-04-2014, 03:04 AM
There has always been a ton of talented PF in the game. But in the past few years there are finally Centres emerging with young guys like Drummond, Vucevic, Embiid, Valanciunas, and then established ones like Gasol Jefferson, BLo, Boogie, Dwight, Horford, Deandre Jordan?, Chandler, NOAH

Actually still quite weak if you look at it, lol, still none who dominate the game

RoundMoundOfReb
11-04-2014, 03:11 AM

You have 1 chance to take any player in the league for this season, only condition is that player MUST play power-forward...Are you not taking LeBron James?

oarabbus
11-04-2014, 03:13 AM
Let see:

Narlens Noel
DeMarcus Cousins
Chris Bosh
Aldridge
Monroe
A. Davis
Ibaka
JEFFERSON
Love
Gasol
ZBo

who am I missing?

Are we in a new era of great bigs?

Let me knoe.

Don't forget DeAndre Jordan, Bogut, Dwight Howard, Joakim Noah, Brook Lopez (healthy), Dirk, Blake Griffin, the Gasol you didn't name, Vucevic, and low key R. Lopez, Omer Asik and Steven Adams... some young guys like Alex Len, Olynyk, Embiid, Gobert could be good in a few years.

And Nostalgia Stans try to say it's a weak big man era :kobe:

WTFdidNBAbigsGO
11-04-2014, 03:16 AM
You have 1 chance to take any player in the league for this season, only condition is that player MUST play power-forward...Are you not taking LeBron James?
Nah I would take Tim Duncan cause atleast I know he wont run when the times get tough..

Fudge
11-04-2014, 03:17 AM
Nah I would take Tim Duncan cause atleast I know he wont run when the times get tough..
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Stop it!

RoundMoundOfReb
11-04-2014, 03:18 AM
I said one season.

Milbuck
11-04-2014, 03:22 AM
The only ones I think deserve to be considered a "great" big men, either right now or potentially in the future:

Davis
Cousins
Embiid (healthy)
Aldridge
Love
Blake
Dwight
Drummond

I like Big Al and Bosh..but I don't think they're all time greats. Everyone listed above has that potential..the only one that's on the fence imo is Love, and I think he was in shit circumstances in Minnesota and has plenty of time to prove his worth on a good team in Cleveland as Lebron gives him more and more of the responsibility with time. Maybe Aldridge too, but I think he could get even better, peak in his early 30s like Dirk's 2011.

WTFdidNBAbigsGO
11-04-2014, 03:24 AM
I said one season.
Answer still wouldnt change, Duncan still wont quit if times get tough. Unlike lebron may say he has a cramp and has to sit out or wants to go home to Gloria

RoundMoundOfReb
11-04-2014, 03:25 AM
Answer still wouldnt change, Duncan still wont quit if times get tough. Unlike lebron may say he has a cramp and has to sit out or wants to go home to Gloria
Reported. Please stick to discussing basketball and not players mothers. Thank you.

Fudge
11-04-2014, 03:25 AM
https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/7d/60/6f/7d606fd5a1dc0bad537138b0f5d901af.jpg

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTFdidNBAbigsGO
11-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Reported. Please stick to discussing basketball and not players mothers. Thank you.
Thats okay, doesnt hurt my feelings since I barely am on this but I wont report you. I know how much this means to you bruh

oarabbus
11-04-2014, 03:30 AM
The only ones I think deserve to be considered a "great" big men, either right now or potentially in the future:

Davis
Cousins
Embiid (healthy)
Aldridge
Love
Blake
Dwight
Drummond

I like Big Al and Bosh..but I don't think they're all time greats. Everyone listed above has that potential..the only one that's on the fence imo is Love, and I think he was in shit circumstances in Minnesota and has plenty of time to prove his worth on a good team in Cleveland as Lebron gives him more and more of the responsibility with time. Maybe Aldridge too, but I think he could get even better, peak in his early 30s like Dirk's 2011.

Well, are you sure you'll call all of those guys "all time greats"? I'm not quite sure that Drummond or Aldrige are on a higher tier than guys like Gasols or Al Jefferson. Seriously, Pau's peak was incredible.

Crose
11-04-2014, 03:30 AM
why did lebron's name come up in this topic? lebron isn't big in any sense of the word :lol

NZStreetBaller
11-04-2014, 03:32 AM
Steve Adams Baby!!

Fudge
11-04-2014, 03:33 AM
Steve Adams Baby!!
And Perry Jones, baby!!!!!!!

Milbuck
11-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Well, are you sure you'll call all of those guys "all time greats"? I'm not quite sure that Drummond or Aldrige are on a higher tier than guys like Gasols or Al Jefferson. Seriously, Pau's peak was incredible.
I wasn't including guys like Pau, Dirk, Duncan, etc because they're clearly great big men imo. Established champions and legitimate franchise players. I was just talking about the ones of right now and in the future.

Jefferson is great offensively, but his defense is so abysmal he's just another all-star big man imo, not someone people are gonna list off 10-15 years from now when you're talking about this era. Similar to a healthy Brook Lopez when he was putting up 20ppg. Whereas Davis, Blake, Love, LMA are somewhat of a gold standard among PFs in this era.

And Drummond is a potential pick. He was a 14/13 guy last year at just 20 years old. He's got near a decade to improve, and one of the best coaches to do it with in SVG. I could definitely see him developing into a dominant C even if it's just off of pure athleticism/power and a few basic moves a la pre-back surgery Dwight.

SugarHill
11-04-2014, 03:41 AM

So you take a high horse and ask why people troll and then go on to troll like nobody's business? :kobe:

SugarHill
11-04-2014, 03:43 AM

Davis
Cousins
Embiid (healthy)
Aldridge
Love
Blake
Dwight
Drummond

I fail to see how Aldridge is not only better than Bosh but has potential to be greater than him. I really don't.

WTFdidNBAbigsGO
11-04-2014, 03:44 AM
So you take a high horse and ask why people troll and then go on to troll like nobody's business? :kobe:
Yeah pretty much, got rid of em so im happy..

Milbuck
11-04-2014, 03:50 AM
I fail to see how Aldridge is not only better than Bosh but has potential to be greater than him. I really don't.
You don't think Aldridge is better than Bosh right now or at any time in the future?

Dresta
11-04-2014, 04:00 AM
You don't think Aldridge is better than Bosh right now or at any time in the future?
No, and there's no way Aldridge will be more respected a player than Bosh long term. Bosh will make the hall of fame; i doubt Aldridge will. Aldridge is only a year younger than Bosh as well.

Magic731
11-04-2014, 04:12 AM
I'm taking Aldridge over Bosh every day of the week.

Milbuck
11-04-2014, 04:16 AM
No, and there's no way Aldridge will be more respected a player than Bosh long term. Bosh will make the hall of fame; i doubt Aldridge will. Aldridge is only a year younger than Bosh as well.
What exactly are you basing this on? Aldridge was a legit MVP candidate for most of last year and many have him as the best PF in the game. It's not like Bosh is prime Duncan and Aldridge is Paul Millsap or something. Bosh has 2 championships in which he was playing at borderline role player level. He was a legit star before Miami and he looks to be there right now but his accomplishments with the Heat were nothing that incredible on an individual level.

Aldridge this past regular season was as good as any version of Bosh, but he’s doing it on an elite team as the #1 guy. And in the playoffs against the Rockets he performed better than Bosh ever did in the playoffs, and it isn’t particularly close either. Bosh has cracked 20 ppg in the playoffs once in his career and has never once even approached back to back 40 point games to carry his team in the playoffs like LMA did. And while I like what I'm seeing from Bosh, we don't know if Bosh is actually back to franchise player level, or if he's just having a hot start to the season. Whereas Aldridge just put together an entire season of it and doesn't look to be done.

magic chiongson
11-04-2014, 09:37 AM
still no better than any of these 90s-early 00s big men:

olajuwon
ewing
robinson
mutombo
shaq
mourning

barkley
malone
webber
garnet
duncan
nowitzki
rodman
kemp

Im Still Ballin
11-04-2014, 09:46 AM
still no better than any of these 90s-early 00s big men:

olajuwon
ewing
robinson
mutombo
shaq
mourning

barkley
malone
webber
garnet
duncan
nowitzki
rodman
kemp
mcdyss

AnaheimLakers24
11-04-2014, 10:02 AM
omly 6 of those guys are 1st options

Uncle Drew
11-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Jahlil Okafor is the real return of the big man. He's legit back-to-basket. Has all the post moves in the book, crafty. He's the real deal.

LoneyROY7
11-04-2014, 10:13 AM

Blake Griffin is a better PF than LeBron is, so I'd take Blake.

Dresta
11-04-2014, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=Milbuck]What exactly are you basing this on? Aldridge was a legit MVP candidate for most of last year and many have him as the best PF in the game. It's not like Bosh is prime Duncan and Aldridge is Paul Millsap or something. Bosh has 2 championships in which he was playing at borderline role player level. He was a legit star before Miami and he looks to be there right now but his accomplishments with the Heat were nothing that incredible on an individual level.

Aldridge this past regular season was as good as any version of Bosh, but he