PDA

View Full Version : I feel like Harden got a lot more respect on ISH in 2012

RRR3
11-04-2014, 06:52 PM
His first year with Houston. What happened to change this?

noob cake
11-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Harden literally became Hitler

Cocaine80s
11-04-2014, 06:55 PM
First it was only OKC fans hating on him. But then once Dwight went to Houston all the Laker fans got salty as fvck and joined the hick bandwagon

bdreason
11-04-2014, 06:55 PM
A lot of head-flick flops.

90% if the hate Harden gets is because people hate the way he plays the game. He's effective... but I don't tune-in to an NBA game to watch a FT shooting contest.

spiegel
11-04-2014, 06:59 PM
First it was only OKC fans hating on him. But then once Dwight went to Houston all the Laker fans got salty as fvck and joined the hick bandwagon
Now he has the entire orientel Lin *** as after him like Asian posters like milbuck, kunfu joe, orabbus and other salty Lin fanatics. Lol. You don't want to those tight eyed *** as on ya tail.

spiegel
11-04-2014, 07:00 PM
A lot of head-flick flops.

90% if the hate Harden gets is because people hate the way he plays the game. He's effective... but I don't tune-in to an NBA game to watch a FT shooting contest.
Don't watch Houston games bitch.

Cocaine80s
11-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Now he has the entire orientel Lin *** as after him like Asian posters like milbuck, kunfu joe, orabbus and other salty Lin fanatics. Lol. You don't want to those tight eyed *** as on ya tail.
lmao

RedBlackAttack
11-04-2014, 07:09 PM
People have gotten over the top with their criticism and disdain for Harden. I'm not personally a fan of his style of play, but the guy is a very good offensive basketball player. He puts a lot of pressure on defenses and is very good at creating contact and putting the onus on officials to blow the whistle. He's also a good shooter.

The guy can play, flat-out... like it or not.

outbreak
11-04-2014, 07:22 PM
People have gotten over the top with their criticism and disdain for Harden. I'm not personally a fan of his style of play, but the guy is a very good offensive basketball player. He puts a lot of pressure on defenses and is very good at creating contact and putting the onus on officials to blow the whistle. He's also a good shooter.

The guy can play, flat-out... like it or not.

Pretty much this. He is one of the best scorers in the league but the way he relies on fouls and flops rubs people the wrong way. His defence is an easy target for people who don't like him as well. A lot of the idiots on ISH can't look past their own bias so he gets under rated here these days. Similar to how after Dwight left L.A some posters were claiming he was trash and houston were better of playing 4v5. Just because you don't like a players style of play or don't like a player for personal off court reasons doesn't mean you should constantly trash them if they are effective on the court.

EnoughSaid
11-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Milbuck joined this forum. That's what happened.

When Dwight joined him in Houston, a lot of Lakers fans that were already hateful jumped on the Harden-dislike bandwagon. It's all just accumulated from there.

And he gets to the line a lot, which seems to bother people.

BuffaloBill
11-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Just like with anyone else, people started hating on Harden when he became a star.

RRR3
11-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Just like with anyone else, people started hating on Harden when he became a star.
Yeah but dude gets more hate than anyone outside of Lebron and Kobe (who are the players with the two largest fan bases). He doesn't have crazy stans nor is he a transcendent player like LBJ or Bean. He's a star and could still get better, but I don't see other players who are on Hardens tier get anywhere near the hate.

KungFuJoe
11-04-2014, 07:33 PM
I don't hate him because he's a star or because he played on Houston or some Lin shit. I actually thought him and Lin got along...at least it didn't seem like Harden treated Lin any different than any other guy on the team.

I hate the guy because he's a shot jacker, who flops and flails like a bitch and plays the worst defense I've ever seen in my entire life of playing and watching basketball.

He's actually not even on my most hated list anymore since he at least acknowledges his defensive shortcomings and seems to want to improve...but goddamn his game is ugly as hell.

SCdac
11-04-2014, 07:34 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/178/files/2013/08/6766934.jpg

Harden was given a bigger stage and complete free reign that's all that happened imo. wasn't taking a backseat to KD and Westbrook anymore (better players) on a team that played some decent defense and had a decent system enough to make long playoff runs. He took more money to become the leader of a run and gun team that (thus far) hasn't gotten out of the first round, has played weak D and Harden's oft-lazy defense hasn't exactly helped (see: a long video of his defensive lapses). Great player undoubtedly but not always the funnest to watch of all the stars in the league, compared to say Steph Curry or something. Heard some of the same things said about prime Ginobili though, so who cares right. Only difference I spot is those two have such different backgrounds (Manu comes from a S. American/European style of play) and seem cut from different clothes (Manu is a fiery competitor and great defender) and Manu has great midrange game. none the less Harden gives off a "I'm getting paid whether I play well or not" vibe (see: him arguing with a reporter during most recent playoffs when questioned about his horrible shooting). That kind of attitude probably rubs people the wrong way along with his FT-heavy playing style

noob cake
11-04-2014, 07:34 PM

When Dwight joined him in Houston, a lot of Lakers fans that were already hateful jumped on the Harden-dislike bandwagon. It's all just accumulated from there.

Lakers fans, Lakers fans, Thunder fans, Dwight haters, Rocket haters, Lin fans, free throw haters, Mavs fans

All hate James Harden

Mr. Jabbar
11-04-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm not personally a fan of his style of play

no one is

Le Shaqtus
11-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Because I like watching basketball, not free throw shooting contests.

#regularseasonwarrior

ArbitraryWater
11-04-2014, 07:36 PM

Milbuck joined in 2014.

-- OP:

He was respectable in 2012... Came off the bench for the Thunder, always gave key contribution and hit plenty big shots in their series', such as stealing game 5 @ San Antonio in '12.

Then he went to Houston in 2013, and he became a pathetic ref-baiter.

RRR3
11-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Whoops I meant 2013 :facepalm

I know why he was more respected on OKC (less spotlight played harder on defense, etc) but I feel like he was at least acknowledged as one of the better players in the league his first year in Houston.

Also I remember people complaining about his fts even back in OKC.

Asukal
11-04-2014, 08:07 PM
It's the way he plays that rubs people the wrong way. Add his terrible defense and his ugly beard and you get the worst star in the league. I definitely dislike him for that ugly ass beard. :facepalm

Legends66NBA7
11-04-2014, 08:13 PM
I never liked him.

As for the hate from the rest of ISH ? That beard, man... Seriously, when he's sleeping someone needs to get a trimmer and shave that shit.

StephHamann
11-04-2014, 08:15 PM
15 FT per game

thats what happened

hitmanyr2k
11-04-2014, 08:25 PM
His first year with Houston. What happened to change this?

I didn't like him even before that. I enjoyed watching him go down in flames in the 2012 Finals. The refs swallowed their whistles on his bullshit flopping in the Finals and his game was a wreck. He was the main reason OKC lost that series.

Brizzly
11-04-2014, 08:50 PM
His game is not aesthetically pleasing to add to his excessive flopping.

Richesly
11-04-2014, 09:03 PM
The way metta elbow'd him took the fear outta him. He ain't scared of any kind of foul. He's deluxe.

IncarceratedBob
11-04-2014, 10:10 PM
He's boring to watch, no skill to his game. Don't hate him tho

elementally morale
11-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Ugly game. That's all. When he played with Durant and Westbrook, he didn't have the ball for too long stretches and was a lot more entertaining as a sidekick. As a first option and primary ball handler he is boring.

BTW, Ariza looks a lot better as a complimentary player, too. His game as a first option isn't as ugly as Harden's though, despite being less effective.

Yankstar
11-04-2014, 11:29 PM

:applause:

Funny as f**k > racism :roll: