PDA

View Full Version : So are the Rockets legit..

rezznor
11-04-2014, 11:08 PM
or was Miami overrated?

5-0, second night of a b2b. all convincing wins.

the defense between this year and last year is like night and day.

Spurs will be a big test.

Lebronxrings
11-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Miami Overrated.

noob cake
11-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Rockets lotto team, won't make the playoffs.

Miami of course overrated. Keep with the narrative you noob.

navy
11-04-2014, 11:09 PM
A little bit of both.

L.Kizzle
11-04-2014, 11:10 PM
I'll wait til end of the month to make those judgments.

Mr. Jabbar
houston always has these games in regular season, 1st round exit guaranteed

juju151111
Give them 15 games. Early season always funny records.

rezznor
11-04-2014, 11:12 PM
I'll wait til end of the month to make those judgments.
i'm cautiously optimistic. defense is alot better. the bench hasn't been as big of an issue as we feared (so far). hell, even mchale seems to be coaching better but I give that credit to the new assistant coaches we picked up.

Let's see how we do against some more playoff teams.

Micku
11-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Too early to make calls about it. We aren't even 10% into the season. They are playing well so far tho. Lets get back to this conversation in Dec-Feb.

Warfan
11-04-2014, 11:13 PM
I think it's still a too early to tell. Houston looked good, though the Heat are the only actual good team they've played so far. I think Miami will probably be a top 4 team in the East, Houston will make the playoffs and probably be a lower seed.

YouGotServed
11-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Anyone who understands the game knows Houston is legit.

5-0

Harden is a beast offensive and defensively. Ariza is playing better than Parsons. Jones and Beverley keep getting better. Dwight looks faster.

This team is scary. What are teams averaging against Houston this year? Has any team scored 100 pts yet?

Houston is a different team defensively.

rezznor
I think it's still a bit too early to tell. Houston looked good, though the Heat are the only actual good team they've played. I think Miami will probably be a top 4 team in the East, Houston will make the playoffs and probably be a lower seed.

yeah i should have put <official overreaction thread> in the title. I really don't expect an accurate assessment of either team yet.

Le Shaqtus
Rockets are legit until the playoffs start

rezznor
11-04-2014, 11:15 PM

5-0

Harden is a beast offensive and defensively. Ariza is playing better than Parsons. Jones and Beverley keep getting better. Dwight looks faster.

This team is scary. What are teams averaging against Houston this year? Has any team scored 100 pts yet?

no team has scored 100 yet

oh the horror
11-04-2014, 11:16 PM

5-0

Legit for what? An nba championship? Doubtful dude.

L.Kizzle
11-04-2014, 11:17 PM

5-0

Calm down there buddy. Even if we blow out San An and Warriors our next 2 games, it's still early.

oh the horror
11-04-2014, 11:19 PM
I don't think people here comprehend the rigors of an 82 game
Season plus a deep playoff run into the finals and what it takes to win a title. I'm still not sold on James Harden being the guy to take them into a deep deep playoff run like that.

WeGetRing2012
11-04-2014, 11:19 PM
They literally played against all lottery teams outside of the Heat

Lakers - 7th pick
Jazz - 5th pick
Celtics -6th pick
76ers - 3rd pick

Calm down...

oh the horror
11-04-2014, 11:26 PM
They literally played against all lottery teams outside of the Heat

Lakers - 7th pick
Jazz - 5th pick
Celtics -6th pick
76ers - 3rd pick

Calm down...

This is what I'm saying. People here lack perspective an get excited on early records. Houston is a good scrappy team. Title contenders I don't think so though.

YouGotServed
11-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Calm down there buddy. Even if we blow out San An and Warriors our next 2 games, it's still early.

You're right. Seeing as this season is still young, I should go refer back to last season and use the 82 games from last year as sample size. :oldlol:

New season buddy, and Houston is looking legit. They're beasting offensively and defensively thanks to Harden and Ariza.

Yeah the season just started so what? You had people saying Houston wasn't that good when they'd literally played 0 games. Can't have it both ways.

I'll take what I can from this season and go from there. And so far, everything is telling us Houston is legit. Period. Deal with it.

oh the horror
11-04-2014, 11:34 PM
You're right. Seeing as this season is still young, I should go refer back to last season and use the 82 games from last year as sample size. :oldlol:

New season buddy, and Houston is looking legit. They're beasting offensively and defensively thanks to Harden and Ariza.

Yeah the season just started so what? You had people saying Houston wasn't that good when they'd literally played 0 games. Can't have it both ways.

I'll take what I can from this season and go from there. And so far, everything is telling us Houston is legit. Period. Deal with it.

So they're legit after beating 4 trash cans and a decent Heat team.

Here bro I got some magic beans for sale.

YouGotServed
11-04-2014, 11:36 PM
So they're legit after beating 4 trash cans and a decent Heat team.

Here bro I got some magic beans for sale.

ok

You're just salty. Have a glass of water to wash down all that salt boy.

MavsSuperFan
11-04-2014, 11:38 PM
so many teams in the west better than rockets

L.Kizzle
11-04-2014, 11:38 PM

Rockets goin 82-0 thanks for getting me to see the light.

imdaman99
11-04-2014, 11:40 PM
They are legit :applause: Can't wait till it's Rockets-OKC in the 1st round, should be exciting :rockon:

Mr Know It All
11-04-2014, 11:42 PM
They got way too much hate during the off season, predicting them to miss the playoffs was silly. Still, as people have mentioned, they have played bad teams and are getting unsustainable production from Ariza (Sorry Rockets fans, he isn't going to shoot 59% from three all year).

But god damn, this Southwest division:

San Antonio Spurs (defending champs)
Houston Rockets (5-0 with two top 10 players)
Memphis Grizzlies (Undefeated and healthy)
Dallas Mavericks (retooled and looking like the best offense in basketball)
New Orleans (starting well with Davis beasting)

YouGotServed
11-04-2014, 11:42 PM
Rockets goin 82-0 thanks for getting me to see the light.

Looking at the stats and what I see on the court, I agree.

L.Kizzle
11-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Looking at the stats and what I see on the court, I agree.
It's settled, 82-0 or bust.

YouGotServed
11-04-2014, 11:49 PM
It's settled, 82-0 or bust.

Elaborate.

chazzy
11-04-2014, 11:53 PM

Agreed, they look twice as good as last year

2nd round exit

L.Kizzle
11-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Elaborate.
If we don't win 82 games this seaaon, it's a failure.

YouGotServed
11-04-2014, 11:55 PM
If we don't win 82 games this seaaon, it's a failure.

Agree.

L.Kizzle
11-04-2014, 11:56 PM
Agree.
We don't wanna ead up like the Texans.

YouGotServed
11-04-2014, 11:59 PM
We don't wanna ead up like the Texans.

I don't watch football.

L.Kizzle
11-05-2014, 12:04 AM
I don't watch football.
Good, you're not missing much.

thefatmiral
11-05-2014, 12:13 AM
ya they are. healthy dwight with a good cast. probably make the playoffs. in the west thats pretty good.

thefatmiral
11-05-2014, 12:16 AM
They are legit :applause: Can't wait till it's Rockets-OKC in the 1st round, should be exciting :rockon:
I want this matchup.

paintingshade
11-05-2014, 12:50 AM
i don't understand anything anyone is saying in this thread. people are just hating on the rockets cause they don't like our stars. yeah i agree that you don't base the whole season around a few games, but why the hell do we do power rankings weekly or even have discussions at all? yeah we beat teams we're supposed to plus the heat, but we've beat them all by large margins. that means something for right now at the very least. it could change, but who cares. this is a basketball message board, wtf?

look at the espn rankings recently, and compare the language used to describe the heat at #7:

The wins over Washington and Toronto were both at home. The Wiz, furthermore, had neither Bradley Beal nor Nene. But the Chris Bosh-led Heat, as they're now known, are the East's last remaining unbeaten and just did something the LeBron-led Heat did only once by getting off to a 3-0 launch.

now compare that to the rockets at #9

After a favorable early schedule allowed the Rockets to ease into the season, there will be no ducking those nagging what-if thoughts Tuesday night when the second stop of a back-to-back takes them from the friendly confines of Philly to South Beach and a dreaded date with a very dialed-in Chris Bosh.

how the hell are washington, philly, and toronto not easy? all three of those teams blow. but the story at that point was still "damn look at the heat" vs "yeah well rockets aren't that good". it's hilariously contradictory and not a huge deal, but still, amazing.

it's cool now though, we blew miami the f*ck out. bring on the next ones.

G-train
11-05-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm not sure if anyone watched the game, but Rockets were up by 4 with 6 minutes left, and hit some three's etc in the last few minutes.
Was a pretty close game in actuality.

UK2K
11-05-2014, 04:44 AM
The Rockets have an average margin of victory of 14.2, with no team coming closer than 11 points. In doing so, they

ABfor3
11-05-2014, 05:09 AM
The margin of victory explains it all, we not only beat these teams but we havent had anybody score over 100 . Defense is much better with Ariza on the perimeter not to mention improvements from T Jones and the craftiness from Kostas Pap.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 05:39 AM
5-game sample. Playoff teams have winning streaks. They started off 4 - 1 last season. Less depth this year too, so if I was a Rockets fan, that would be a huge concern for me. That's a lot of games the starting 5 has to play at a high level for them to even make the POs.

YouGotServed
11-05-2014, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=UK2K]The Rockets have an average margin of victory of 14.2, with no team coming closer than 11 points. In doing so, they

StephHamann
11-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Houston looks great but their bench is weak.

Could be the killer in the playoffs.

Mr Exlax
11-05-2014, 08:33 AM
If we go against a team with a good coach in the playoffs we're outta there. Teams put so much time in game planning and everything in the playoffs. Regular season they try to win, but don't go all out. We're a good regular season team.

finchyyy
11-05-2014, 08:51 AM
They got way too much hate during the off season, predicting them to miss the playoffs was silly. Still, as people have mentioned, they have played bad teams and are getting unsustainable production from Ariza (Sorry Rockets fans, he isn't going to shoot 59% from three all year).

But god damn, this Southwest division:

San Antonio Spurs (defending champs)
Houston Rockets (5-0 with two top 10 players)
Memphis Grizzlies (Undefeated and healthy)
Dallas Mavericks (retooled and looking like the best offense in basketball)
New Orleans (starting well with Davis beasting)

Strongest division in history?

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 10:33 AM
It's not so black and white... It could be neither.

Miami isn't overrated... they're a 3rd-5th seed, but I do think Houston is legit, and by legit I mean they'll be a top 7 seed in the West.... and obviously better than Miami, probably with a lower seed, though.

Magic 32
11-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Miami is nothing special.

But nothing special makes you a contender in the east. :roll:

Genaro
11-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Miami is good on East parameters. They managed to make the game tough for the Rockets for most part but if they're not forcing TOs they have no chance. They're not a good rebounding team and can't make 120 points.

Rockets are a really good team but the 2nd round is their peak.

UK2K
11-05-2014, 01:36 PM
The Rockets have an average margin of victory of 14.2, with no team coming closer than 11 points. In doing so, they

Myth
11-05-2014, 01:53 PM

Harden is a beast offensive and defensively.

:biggums:

Droid101
11-05-2014, 02:08 PM
YGS keeps saying Harden is good defensively. Hilarious.

MiseryCityTexas
11-05-2014, 02:13 PM
The margin of victory explains it all, we not only beat these teams but we havent had anybody score over 100 . Defense is much better with Ariza on the perimeter not to mention improvements from T Jones and the craftiness from Kostas Pap.

Yeah K Pap is almost like having Carlos Delfino back, only younger.

UK2K
11-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Pap has much better vision

UK2K
11-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Houston had four road wins.

That's the biggest takeaway here. Five double digit wins, four of them on the road.

8 of Houston's next 11 are @home.

oarabbus
11-05-2014, 03:01 PM

Pap has much better vision

If he starts blocking a bunch shots and playing rowdy defense you can call him Pap Smear :lol

WeGetRing2012
11-05-2014, 03:05 PM
A Basketball schedule isn't as important as a football schedule. It doesn't matter how strong you start or finish. It's about the habits the team builds through the season and match ups going into the playoffs.

Milbuck
11-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Houston has 1 real win. Any team claiming to be a contender shouldn't give a shit about going 4-0 against the Lakers, Jazz, Celtics, and ****ing Sixers.

If they go 3-0 against Miami/SA/GS and win them all convincingly, then let's talk. Until then this is just James Harden in regular season mode and the Rockets feasting on weak competition in zero pressure situations...again.

Heavincent
11-05-2014, 03:21 PM
I hope they miss the playoffs just because they're simply boring to watch.

Smook A.
11-05-2014, 03:43 PM
I hope they miss the playoffs just because they're simply boring to watch.
No one's gonna force you to watch them :lol

Just turn off your TV when they come on.

IncarceratedBob
11-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Miami sucks, Houston should have blown them out

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Not better than Golden State, the Clippers, Blazers, Mavs or Spurs.

If you meant legit as in a playoff team - then of course. Depending on the opponent, Houston could win a series.

Heavincent
11-05-2014, 03:52 PM
No one's gonna force you to watch them :lol

Just turn off your TV when they come on.

I would just rather see the Suns or Pelicans. That's all.

UK2K
11-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Houston has 1 real win. Any team claiming to be a contender shouldn't give a shit about going 4-0 against the Lakers, Jazz, Celtics, and ****ing Sixers.

If they go 3-0 against Miami/SA/GS and win them all convincingly, then let's talk. Until then this is just James Harden in regular season mode and the Rockets feasting on weak competition in zero pressure situations...again.

Would you have shed a tear had Harden grabbed a 10th board? Pretty sure the board predicted Miami to win, some posters even predicting a double digit win.

Couldn't have been more wrong. Must have been a rough night for you.

I bet the Suns thought the same thing before the Jazz dropped 118 on them and beat them by 27.

Mr Exlax
11-05-2014, 04:27 PM

You said we'd miss the playoffs so our wins against these other teams should be good in your eyes right?

UK2K
11-05-2014, 07:05 PM
You said we'd miss the playoffs so our wins against these other teams should be good in your eyes right?
Yes I do believe he picked the Rockets to miss the playoffs

RoseCity07
11-05-2014, 07:10 PM
They've had one of the easiest schedules. Miami is their first quality win. Utah looks alright but even they aren't a playoff team.

I can see Houston losing the next two games.

Milbuck
11-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Would you have shed a tear had Harden grabbed a 10th board? Pretty sure the board predicted Miami to win, some posters even predicting a double digit win.

Couldn't have been more wrong. Must have been a rough night for you.

I bet the Suns thought the same thing before the Jazz dropped 118 on them and beat them by 27.
"Rough night for me" :oldlol:

None of this shit matters, dude. At the end of the day I was right about Houston and Harden before last postseason, and I'll be right about it this year too.

When the intensity cranks up, the games matter, and there's nowhere to hide...Harden will piss himself and the Rockets will crumble. This is all the drive before the crash.

Milbuck
11-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeah, sure. :oldlol:

You guys go ahead and keep climaxing over wins against the Sixers and Lakers.

oarabbus
11-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Houston will make the playoffs but they are a quintessential "missing piece" team right now. They need to sign another scorer most likely if they want to go deep into the playoffs.

PsychoBe
11-05-2014, 07:26 PM
the rockets are a legit first round exit :oldlol:

Mr Exlax
11-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Yeah, sure. :oldlol:

You guys go ahead and keep climaxing over wins against the Sixers and Lakers.

I'm not climaxing. Stop dodging my question though bro.

Biggyd81
11-05-2014, 10:23 PM
4 away games and 2 b2b fixtures in 5 games all wins. :cheers: