BigBoss
11-05-2014, 02:08 AM
It's his 19th fukin season!!

Smoke117
:yaohappy:

Heavincent
This is impressive. Doesn't matter how many shots he took.

Amazing display of heart, unlike Bran who looked like he didn't give two shits tonight.

alanLA92
11-05-2014, 02:09 AM
Forgot 37 FGA & 3 giveaways.

Who else can shoot on the team right now?

sirkeelma
37.8% FG No thanks.

SpecialQue
...and a loss. But as a Laker fan, this is what I have to look forward to this season. Kobe proving retards wrong, and getting blamed for losing games they can't possibly win.

BigBoss
11-05-2014, 02:10 AM
This is impressive. Doesn't matter how many shots he took.

Amazing display of heart, unlike Bran who looked like he didn't give two shits tonight.

:applause:

SouBeachTalents
39 points on 37 shots :bowdown: :bowdown:

ImKobe
It's his 19th fukin season!!

This...plus he's only played 5 NBA games in 11+ months....when he's in mid-season form and he takes this many shots or plays this many minutes, he's dropping 50 easily

left 4 points at the line tonight, didn't look his best athletically and his shot was a little low.

KB gonna have one of those epic November stretches again, gonna avg probs 35 ppg on 45% shooting.

I<3NBA
11-05-2014, 02:11 AM
Empty stats

alanLA92
11-05-2014, 02:13 AM
Empty stats

:rolleyes: 39 > 11

plowking
11-05-2014, 02:13 AM
Thought this was a spread of his shots throughout each quarter with the last one being an overtime.

Then I realized the Lakers lost in regulation.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 02:15 AM
Thought this was a spread of his shots throughout each quarter with the last one being an overtime.

That would be Lebron. Kobe took like 25 shots in the 2nd half :oldlol:

Collie
11-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Underrated fact: Kobe missed MORE THAN TWICE the number of points that Lebron scored. Incredible stamina and tenacity!

Keno
11-05-2014, 02:18 AM
39 points on 37 shots, and most importantly the loss lmao. 2005/2006 all over again.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 02:19 AM
Underrated fact: Kobe missed MORE THAN TWICE the number of points that Lebron scored. Incredible stamina and tenacity!

Kobe played 44 minutes, you need to keep that in mind.

he took less than a shot per minute...not that bad

IncarceratedBob
11-05-2014, 02:20 AM
How many points would Kevin Durant score on 37 shots. I say 80

dubeta
11-05-2014, 02:20 AM
Kobe played 44 minutes, you need to keep that in mind.

he took less than a shot per minute...not that bad

A minute of offense and defense

Lets split that in half

For every 30 seconds of offence = 1 shot

Thats like a shot every 1.75 possessions

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 02:22 AM
How many points would Kevin Durant score on 37 shots. I say 80

had 6 games with 30+ FGA last season and only had 50+ pts once :confusedshrug: only shot 50% twice, never above.

IncarceratedBob
11-05-2014, 02:24 AM
had 6 games with 30+ FGA last season and only had 50+ pts once :confusedshrug: only shot 50% twice, never above.
Im not trying to disparage your guy, obviously showed some great heart out there trying to get this win for his team but cmon, 37 shots and only 39 pts? Even Mychal Thompson said it on the radio broadcast, he should have 59 with that many shots

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 02:28 AM
Im not trying to disparage your guy, obviously showed some great heart out there trying to get this win for his team but cmon, 37 shots and only 39 pts? Even Mychal Thompson said it on the radio broadcast, he should have 59 with that many shots

He should have had about 50, but he's not in his best shape yet. His FTs were short (missed 4 out of 12), he missed at least one easy layup, had some decent shots (good shots for him) that fell short, too.

But I'd rather have Kobe take the shots than Lin or Boozer or Wes Johnson.

Coach needs to play Ryan Kelly more and limit Wes and Boozer as much as possible, 0 minutes to ellington once Young comes back.

pastis
11-05-2014, 02:35 AM
better than brans performance for sure.... but honstly, what do you think dirk would hve for stats with 37 fga?

Round Mound
11-05-2014, 02:36 AM
37.8% FG No thanks.

Another Allen Iverson :confusedshrug: . The Most Overrated Superstar Ever.

Round Mound
11-05-2014, 02:36 AM

:bowdown:

qrich
11-05-2014, 02:37 AM
:rolleyes: 39 > 11

L = L

GMAC
11-05-2014, 02:43 AM
He should have had about 50, but he's not in his best shape yet. His FTs were short (missed 4 out of 12), he missed at least one easy layup, had some decent shots (good shots for him) that fell short, too.

But I'd rather have Kobe take the shots than Lin or Boozer or Wes Johnson.

Coach needs to play Ryan Kelly more and limit Wes and Boozer as much as possible, 0 minutes to ellington once Young comes back.

A miss is a miss. There is no "oh, well if he just hit that easy layup" or "his FTs were off tonight." Basically, Kobe is going to be Kobe in the 4th. Perrenial tunnel vision.

jaybee682
11-05-2014, 02:46 AM
Kobe is going to have gray hair and age 10 years by the end of this season.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 02:52 AM
A miss is a miss. There is no "oh, well if he just hit that easy layup" or "his FTs were off tonight." Basically, Kobe is going to be Kobe in the 4th. Perrenial tunnel vision.

Kobe had a good 4th quarter...a nice stretch that kept us alive while we were getting scored on, I think he hit like 3 consecutive shots in 3 possessions and it was a 1 poss game...defense is the problem right now for us. Kobe wouldn't have to chuck as much if we could stop other guys from scoring. We have to score 110+ a night to keep up with other teams...cmon man

Dro
11-05-2014, 02:53 AM
...and a loss. But as a Laker fan, this is what I have to look forward to this season. Kobe proving retards wrong, and getting blamed for losing games they can't possibly win.

DCL
11-05-2014, 02:54 AM
THIRTY-SEVEN field goal attempts :oldlol:

imnew09
11-05-2014, 02:55 AM
We would've won if Bryan Scott used Ed Davis more and Kobe had more freethrows. He couldn't get a call all night long

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 02:56 AM
Kobe:roll: :roll:

This guy never fails to deliver:roll:

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 02:57 AM
We would've won if Bryan Scott used Ed Davis more and Kobe had more freethrows. He couldn't get a call all night long

Kobe left some points at the line though

6 for 24
11-05-2014, 02:59 AM
Kobe had a good 4th quarter...a nice stretch that kept us alive while we were getting scored on, I think he hit like 3 consecutive shots in 3 possessions and it was a 1 poss game...defense is the problem right now for us. Kobe wouldn't have to chuck as much if we could stop other guys from scoring. We have to score 110+ a night to keep up with other teams...cmon man

You make some good points, but I have to wholeheartedly disagree with this idea that Kobe should chuck less if the defense was better. I am not sure if you are familiar with the game or not, but even when the other team doesn't score, it is always wise to keep putting the ball in your own basket, to increase the point differential as it were. Therefore, it is always in the Lakers' best interest for Kobe to take as many attempts as possible.

For a more in-depth explanation, I can present a two-fold proposal.

1) When Kobe shoots, the ball will go in sometimes. If he doesn't shoot, it won't go in at all. So better to have the ball go in a respectable 38-41% of the time than 0%, no?

2) When Kobe shoots and misses (as he will 59-62% of the time), the ball will often ricochet so hard into his teammates' waiting hands, for an easy followup bucket or a pass back to Kobe for another attempt. This is known (unofficially, but I and others are trying to get it into the stat sheet) as a "Kobe assist".

I hope I have cleared things up for you.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 02:59 AM
Kobe left some points at the line though

Hey how's 0-5?:cheers:
:rockon:

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 03:01 AM
You make some good points, but I have to wholeheartedly disagree with this idea that Kobe should chuck less if the defense was better. I am not sure if you are familiar with the game or not, but even when the other team doesn't score, it is always wise to keep putting the ball in your own basket, to increase the point differential as it were. Therefore, it is always in the Lakers' best interest for Kobe to take as many attempts as possible.

1) When Kobe shoots, the ball will go in sometimes. If he doesn't shoot, it won't go in at all. So better to have the ball go in a respectable 38-41% of the time than 0%, no?

2) When Kobe shoots and misses (as he will 59-62% of the time), the ball will often ricochet so hard into his teammates' waiting hands, for an easy followup bucket or a pass back to Kobe for another attempt.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

This man is the best troll on the board:bowdown:

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2014, 03:03 AM
kobe passes the eye-test once again, god forgive his teammates

dubeta
11-05-2014, 03:04 AM

2) When Kobe shoots and misses (as he will 59-62% of the time), the ball will often ricochet so hard into his teammates' waiting hands, for an easy followup bucket or a pass back to Kobe for another attempt. This is known (unofficially, but I and others are trying to get it into the stat sheet) as a "Kobe assist".

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 03:05 AM

2) When Kobe shoots and misses (as he will 59-62% of the time), the ball will often ricochet so hard into his teammates' waiting hands, for an easy followup bucket or a pass back to Kobe for another attempt.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Appreciate the reply, Mr. Ndiaye.

You make a good point about creating offensive rebounds for teammates, but I have to disagree with your assessment:

For one, Mr. Bryant is now 36 years of age, which is considered rather old for a tenured athlete like him. He shouldn't be taking that many field goal attempts per game or play that many minutes. The defense (or lack thereof) forces him to play longer stretches to keep the team from being blown out of the basketball game.

Yours sincerely,

ImKobe

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2014, 03:08 AM
theres at least 10 players i'd take over lebron currently, dude wasted his prime colluding for 2 rings no1 respects

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 03:08 AM
Appreciate the reply, Mr. Ndiaye.

You make a good point about creating offensive rebounds for teammates, but I have to disagree with your assessment:

For one, Mr. Bryant is now 36 years of age, which is considered rather old for a tenured athlete like him. He shouldn't be taking that many field goal attempts per game or play that many minutes. The defense (or lack thereof) forces him to play longer stretches to keep the team from being blown out of the basketball game.

Yours sincerely,

ImKobe

Yawn. From a hoot to a torture rack. Way to kill the mood after 6-24 had us rolling in laughter.

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2014, 03:09 AM
Yawn. From a hoot to a torture rack. Way to kill the mood after 6-24 had us rolling in laughter.

speak for yourself

DCL
11-05-2014, 03:10 AM
the only thing on kobe's mind this season is smashing FGA records

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 03:12 AM
speak for yourself

Awww hey alt:lol
L-O-TTareeeeeee

RoseCity07
11-05-2014, 03:15 AM
Literally ever single time I see Kobe has a great game then I check the box score and see his horrendous FG%.

I knew when I saw 39 points that it would be on 25+ shots, seeing he took 37 shots tonight is absurd. It's actually embarrassing to brag about this game. ESPN should be talking about all-time chucking records. And the Lakers lost too.

I'm think Kobe is going to shoot 50 shots in a game.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Literally ever single time I see Kobe has a great game then I check the box score and see his horrendous FG%.

I knew when I saw 39 points that it would be on 25+ shots, seeing he took 37 shots tonight is absurd. It's actually embarrassing to brag about this game. ESPN should be talking about all-time chucking records. And the Lakers lost too.

That's good TV right there. You don't get it bro. It's a one-man show. Kobe has no weapons so he's going to be taking shots while he still can, have as many highlights as possible. Win the scoring title. It's all he has to hope for this season, and if we can get the top 5 pick in the process, why not?

He's helping the Lakers rebuild while also giving the fans what they want, everyone's happy. Losing is not fun, but neither is winning 40 games and giving your division rival a lottery pick..

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 03:25 AM

This is nothing new. I remember the kids at school bragging about Kobe's 41 points the night he shot 17/47 against Boston in 02.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. They weren't even joking or trolling. Kobe fan boys are just that deluded. A special bunch:oldlol:

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 03:26 AM
That's good TV right there. You don't get it bro. It's a one-man show. Kobe has no weapons so he's going to be taking shots while he still can, have as many highlights as possible. Win the scoring title. It's all he has to hope for this season, and if we can get the top 5 pick in the process, why not?

He's helping the Lakers rebuild while also giving the fans what they want, everyone's happy. Losing is not fun, but neither is winning 40 games and giving your division rival a lottery pick..

And this idiot promptly proves my point.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 03:30 AM
And this idiot promptly proves my point.

Yes. Let's play Kobe 25 minutes a game and have him take 15 shots so we can make a late-season "run" towards the Playoffs, end up with a 10 seed and get jack shit out of it.

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 03:32 AM
Yes. Let's play Kobe 25 minutes a game and have him take 15 shots so we can make a late-season "run" towards the Playoffs, end up with a 10 seed and get jack shit out of it.

Thought you had me on ignore?
Whoops!:cheers:

oarabbus
11-05-2014, 03:43 AM
Kobe's extreme volume of 37% and 68% at the line is going to save me in FG% and FT% in fantasy, my matchup has him. Keep chucking Kobe, he can singlehandedly win me 2 categories and isn't even on my team :bowdown:

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 03:44 AM
Thought you had me on ignore?
Whoops!:cheers:

living rent free

9erempiree
11-05-2014, 03:46 AM
Amazing performance.

I want the Lakers to win however they suck and are full of scrubs.

I don't mind Kobe putting a show for the fans and the NBA. This is a water down league and Kobe is the bright star in it.

People are going to be entertained. What are they going to watch, Lebron taking 4 shots in a half?

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 03:47 AM
living rent free

Haha yet you're stalking me:cheers: :rockon:

Cold soul
11-05-2014, 04:13 AM

All you do is stalk Kobe and Laker gameday threads all day 24/7 basically all your post are about Kobe. I feel legit sorry for you, bro. You're a loser and lowlife troll life must really suck for you.

AintNoSunshine
11-05-2014, 04:17 AM
Getting paid to chuck all he wants, damn Kobe's wet dream coming true:oldlol:

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 04:18 AM
All you do is stalk Kobe and Laker gameday threads all day 24/7 basically all your post are about Kobe. I feel legit sorry for you, bro. You're a loser and lowlife troll life must really suck for you.

Here's another stalker:cheers:
Cheerio, alt

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 04:20 AM
Getting paid to chuck all he wants, damn Kobe's wet dream coming true:oldlol:So true! Lebron not only lead his scrub 07 cave to the playoffs, he lead them to the finals!
I doubt Kobe can carry his team to more than 29 wins but we'll see.
His shot selection is just awful.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 04:27 AM

stalking? all you do is post in my threads and quote me everywhere I post, young nikka.

dubeta
11-05-2014, 04:34 AM
Let's agree to disagree:

Kobe is a team cancer

there, that wasnt so bad

AirFederer
11-05-2014, 04:34 AM
Playing the anti Spurs ball like a champ. 37% FG, we`re not worthy :bowdown: :bowdown:

AirFederer
11-05-2014, 04:36 AM
kobe passes the eye-test once again, god forgive his teammates

Are you blind, Mr Jabbar?

coin24
11-05-2014, 04:45 AM
How sad is jt123 dubeta roundmound and mrfeeny.. (Same person):lol

Spend all day watching the laker game, then posting non stop around the clock "trolling" about kobe and the lakers.. :lol

What a sad individual seriously, must be lonely in real life

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 04:49 AM
How sad is jt123 dubeta roundmound and mrfeeny.. (Same person):lol

Spend all day watching the laker game, then posting non stop around the clock "trolling" about kobe and the lakers.. :lol

What a sad individual seriously, must be lonely in real life

And it's so obvious as well...you'd think he realized how sad he's being and he'd do something about it..

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 04:52 AM
Are you blind, Mr Jabbar?

They all are. One of them actually said it's good TV to have kobe shoot 50 times a game:lol

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 04:56 AM
They all are. One of them actually said it's good TV to have kobe shoot 50 times a game:lol

Would you rather watch Wes Johnson, Carlos Boozer & Jeremy Lin take those shots instead? Of course not. Your whole purpose is to find anything wrong with what Kobe does and talk shit about it.

If he shot 6/13 for let's say 25/5/7 and the end result was the same, you'd be here talking bout how he's done and can no longer score 35+ points.

Plus, what does it matter to you how many shots he takes? You're not a Laker fan. You should want him to chuck that many shots up, so you'd have more ammo for "Trolling" Laker fans.

Cold soul
11-05-2014, 04:57 AM
Here's another stalker:cheers:
Cheerio, alt

Nah, sounds like case of butthurt to me.

EXPOSED

9erempiree
11-05-2014, 05:00 AM

So one guy barely loses to a team and was trying to shoot to score and win the game.

vs.

The other guy who called it a night and stopped shooting in a blowout.

Pick your poison.

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Would you rather watch Wes Johnson, Carlos Boozer & Jeremy Lin take those shots instead? Of course not. Your whole purpose is to find anything wrong with what Kobe does and talk shit about it.

If he shot 6/13 for let's say 25/5/7 and the end result was the same, you'd be here talking bout how he's done and can no longer score 35+ points.

Plus, what does it matter to you how many shots he takes? You're not a Laker fan. You should want him to chuck that many shots up, so you'd have more ammo for "Trolling" Laker fans.

Pricesly right. I'm not a lakers fan so it doesn't matter to me. And that wasn't the discussion in any case.
Laker fans that I know do not want a guy chucking 50 contested fadeaways a game. They want proper basketball.
That's the difference between kobe fans and Laker fans.
Cheerio:cheers:

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 05:04 AM
So one guy barely loses to a team and was trying to shoot to score and win the game.

vs.

The other guy who called it a night and stopped shooting in a blowout.

Pick your poison.

Lakers need to score 100+ a night to stay in games, Kobe HAS TO score a lot of points for them to win, since others aren't that great at scoring & taking care of the ball. We all saw how bad Lin was when Kobe let him run the offense and do his thing. He got pissed off in the 2nd half and decided to shoot the shots instead rather than have Lin turn the ball over or dribble out the clock and force a bad shot.

Wes Johnson is the worst starter in the entire league. No way you can justify why this guy gets minutes.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 05:07 AM
Pricesly right. I'm not a lakers fan so it doesn't matter to me. And that wasn't the discussion in any case.
Laker fans that I know do not want a guy chucking 50 contested fadeaways a game. They want proper basketball.
That's the difference between kobe fans and Laker fans.
Cheerio:cheers:

I wouldn't want him to shoot 50 times if our team was competitive. But he has to shoot a lot of shots to keep the team in the game. If you watch the games, the team has trouble scoring without Kobe on the court and Lin struggles setting others up for baskets.

Since we're losing anyways and are not going to be in the Playoff picture, why not let Kobe chuck for entertainment? Would you imagine watching this team without him playing? :sleeping

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 05:09 AM
I wouldn't want him to shoot 50 times if our team was competitive. But he has to shoot a lot of shots to keep the team in the game. If you watch the games, the team has trouble scoring without Kobe on the court and Lin struggles setting others up for baskets.

Since we're losing anyways and are not going to be in the Playoff picture, why not let Kobe chuck for entertainment? Would you imagine watching this team without him playing? :sleeping

Solid logic:applause:
I'm glad he's ending his career with a whimper :cheers:

coin24
11-05-2014, 05:11 AM

Solid life, glad you spend it between 20 accounts on ISH a devout virgin:cheers:

Cold soul
11-05-2014, 05:16 AM

I'm worried about Kobe playing so many minutes without rest and shooting this much will tire him out which will lead to more prone to injury at his age and all mileage on his body he can't keep up this pace, usage, all season long there still ton of games to go, he needs to take step back.

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 05:16 AM
Solid life, glad you spend it between 20 accounts on ISH a devout virgin:cheers:

Thou seems really shook. Obsessed with me?
Awww

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 05:17 AM

His career is far from over. He pretty much looks the same as he did in 2012...

They get a top 5 pick this year, Nash's salary comes off the books, cap will be bigger, Lakers will retool quickly.

There's already talks about extending Kobe, and the way he's playing, he'll have no trouble staying in the league and adding more accolades to his name.

Cold soul
11-05-2014, 05:18 AM
Thou seems really shook. Obsessed with me?
Awww

You were exposed as fraud you are. Run along now, virgin.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 05:18 AM
I'm worried about Kobe playing so many minutes without rest and shooting this much will tire him out which will lead to more prone to injury at his age and all mileage on his body he can't keep up this pace, usage, all season long there still ton of games to go, he needs to take step back.

Lakers had 2 days off, he plays 44 minutes, 5 days off until the next game.
him playing 35+ minutes in b2b games hurt him more than playing 40+ minutes when he has 4 nights off after that.

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 05:21 AM
His career is far from over. He pretty much looks the same as he did in 2012...

They get a top 5 pick this year, Nash's salary comes off the books, cap will be bigger, Lakers will retool quickly.

There's already talks about extending Kobe, and the way he's playing, he'll have no trouble staying in the league and adding more accolades to his name.

Tbf:

-the top five pick is not a guarantee
-he's clearly NOT the player he was in 2012 and keeps regressing, especially in terms of shooting efficiency and defense.
-How do we know he doesn't demand another 24 million dollar contract, were he to extend.
-IF all the above goes perfectly in his favor, is that team really going to challenge OKC, GS, etc?

I'm not quite sure.

Cold soul
11-05-2014, 05:27 AM
Lakers had 2 days off, he plays 44 minutes, 5 days off until the next game.
him playing 35+ minutes in b2b games hurt him more than playing 40+ minutes when he has 4 nights off after that.

Agreed. I just don't see Kobe playing like this all year long without injury. It's not possible at age 36 with all mileage on his body along with major injuries too. I don't want to see him get injured again, I want him to finish this season healthy.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 05:34 AM
Tbf:

-the top five pick is not a guarantee
-he's clearly NOT the player he was in 2012 and keeps regressing, especially in terms of shooting efficiency and defense.
-How do we know he doesn't demand another 24 million dollar contract, were he to extend.
-IF all the above goes perfectly in his favor, is that team really going to challenge OKC, GS, etc?

I'm not quite sure.

What did he do differently in 2012? He was chucking up 23 shots a game for 27 ppg..43% shooting...wasn't explosive either. Played the same way, but had a better supporting cast around him.

The top 5 pick is not exactly a guarantee, but if we keep playing this way (currently worst record in the league) and finish with a top 3 worst record, we're going to have a top 5 pick.

He didn't demand 24 million the last time...FO offered him that, knowing they wouldn't put enough talent around him, knowing they needed something to keep the fans interested while they rebuild.

Last question is a tough one, since anything could happen in the next few years. OKC right now is at a tough spot with injuries, KD or Russ could leave when they enter Free Agency, Lakers might be in play for one of them. GS is a good team, but they are not that great in the Playoffs, as evidenced every season..

Next season, we already know Randle will be an addition, then a potential top 5 pick, then Houston's first round pick, so there's some young talent. There will be a ton of FAs available in the coming years that could change things around for us, one being Marc Gasol.

Jordan Hill is a team option after this season, we take his 9 mill off and we'll have only 36 million total in salaries. That means we could sign a max player and even the roster out with draft picks and some role players.

Just a list of unrestricted FAs next off-season:

Millsap
Rondo
Chandler
Monroe
DeAndre Jordan
Marc Gasol
Asik
Gerald Green
Aldridge
Rudy Gay
Amir Johnson

Lakers are in position to retool quickly, depends on if Mitch has a set of balls and goes for it. I expect the Lakers to go all out in 2015.

chris02jammers
11-05-2014, 05:43 AM
If LeBron has 37 shots he will score 75 pts... not impressive

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 05:50 AM
If LeBron has 37 shots he will score 75 pts... not impressive

out of 29 games he took more than 30 shots in, 15 of them were below 40 points(that's a little over 50%). Kobe has 55 games of 40 or more points with 30+ FGA out of 105 games.

Kobe has a much bigger sample size, and over half of his 30+ FGA games, he scored 40 or more.

:rolleyes:

chris02jammers
11-05-2014, 05:59 AM
it shows really how much a chucker kobe is

Kobe 105 games with more than 30++ shots is Wow...

don't get me wrong I enjoy watching Kobe playing until 2005. but now he is forcing things and not playing a team ball.

SpanishACB
11-05-2014, 06:02 AM
if baskets were 1 point Kobe would be godly

however...

Angel Face
11-05-2014, 06:45 AM
This is what I respect about Kobe. Coming from a brutal injury and still performs like it never happened. Yes their team loses but... look at the Lakers roster. I can't even name half of those guys. He has that competitive fire something Lebron lacks.

Currently, he reminds me of 40 year old MJ.

rhythmic
11-05-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm in awe that Kobe is still able to do that after all these years, minutes and injuries. I don't know how people still find ways to hate on him.

People say Kobe is shooting too much, but let me ask you; he kind of has to, no? Take a closer look at the roster.

rhythmic
11-05-2014, 08:13 AM

don't get me wrong I enjoy watching Kobe playing until 2005. but now he is forcing things and not playing a team ball.

Really? I'm pretty sure he won 2 titles after 2005 and 3 final appearances. In fact, he was very much a team player in 2008 & 2009 seasons. Probably the best years of his career, in terms of being a real leader.

StephHamann
11-05-2014, 08:14 AM

classic Allen Iverson performance

yet people say Iverson>Nash&Kidd

:roll:

coin24
11-05-2014, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Optimus Prime
11-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Kobe Bean Bryant. :bowdown:

Keeping haters so, so mad.

Don't feed the trolls, kids. Ignore them and they slink back into their cave.

:kobe:

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Holy shit, 37 FGA for 39 Points?

Lmfao..

Magic 32
11-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Holy shit, 37 FGA for 39 Points?

Lmfao..

LeBron (4-for-12), Kyrie (3-for-17) and Dion (3-for-11) combined to shoot 10-for-40 from the field.

26 points.

SOD 21
11-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Kobe Bryant should score 50 points if he's going to take 37 field-goal attempts. I would rather have him take 20 field-goal attempts with seven or eight assists than just gunning away.

The Lakers have already locked up the worst record in the conference. Congratulations!

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 10:44 AM

19 seasons in the league. all the regular season games + Playoffs...less than 10% of his career games, he's taken 30 or more FGA. That's not that much if you put it in perspective. Half of them came from the 05-07 period, where he had no weapons on offense.

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 10:46 AM
LeBron (4-for-12), Kyrie (3-for-17) and Dion (3-for-11) combined to shoot 10-for-40 from the field.

26 points.

Kyrie was worse than Kobe gawd damn....

But chucking 37 shots is absolutely inexcusable :oldlol:

You better drop 50 if you do.

Irrelevant of that, 14-37 is poor.... Has Kobe even shot 45% once this season?

heyhey
11-05-2014, 10:47 AM

the same number of times as lebron actually :confusedshrug:

Magic 32
11-05-2014, 10:51 AM

Kobe
G1 = .353
G2 = .440
G3 = .400
G4 = .429
G4 = .378

Lebron
G1 = .333
G2 = .467
G3 = .333

I wonder why you choose 45% :roll:

What a little bi*ch.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 10:52 AM

Kobe would have at least kept the Portland game competitive if you replace Bran, Irving and Dion with just him last night :roll: :roll:

HomieWeMajor
11-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Looking like a prime Jerry Stackhouse :applause:

dannysc305
11-05-2014, 10:55 AM
1 assist :lol

Magic 32
11-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Looking like a prime Jerry Stackhouse :applause:

Hey, he was pretty good in 99-00.

Magic 32
11-05-2014, 10:58 AM
1 assist :lol

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/7838715/boozair.0_standard_352.0.gif

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 10:59 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/7838715/boozair.0_standard_352.0.gif

too much booze

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Kobe
G1 = .353
G2 = .440
G3 = .400
G4 = .429
G4 = .378

Lebron
G1 = .333
G2 = .467
G3 = .333

I wonder why you choose 45% :roll:

What a little bi*ch.

I don't really care about 45% specifically.. Chose whatever number you want, really.

Kobe's played five games and the best he could muster is 44%?

Lawd hammercy

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 11:14 AM
I don't really care about 45% specifically.. Chose whatever number you want, really.

Kobe's played five games and the best he could muster is 44%?

Lawd hammercy

4 of them he played in a span of 5 days and he basically missed an entire season of NBA basketball due to injury...he's in his 19th season. It's only 5 games out of 82. He's the only player that can consistently create a shot for himself on a very bad NBA team. It's a miracle he's shooting above 40% right now.

heyhey
11-05-2014, 11:17 AM
4 of them he played in a span of 5 days and he basically missed an entire season of NBA basketball due to injury...he's in his 19th season. It's only 5 games out of 82. He's the only player that can consistently create a shot for himself on a very bad NBA team. It's a miracle he's shooting above 40% right now.

AW wants to deflect from Lebron's FG% at ALL COST

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 11:20 AM
LeBron's FG% has been horrible aswell.. But why would I or anyone have much of a problem with that?

Dude shot near 60% last year, 57% previous season, 56% the year before that.... Mindboggling numbers for a forward at that volume.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 11:23 AM
LeBron's FG% has been horrible aswell.. But why would I or anyone have much of a problem with that?

Dude shot near 60% last year, 57% previous season, 56% the year before that.... Mindboggling numbers for a forward at that volume.

Lebron played more like a PF at Miami...closer to the basket. Got the ball at the post more often, amazing spacing due to all the great shooters. Smaller volume of shots as well, didn't need to chuck shots due to great team offense.

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Lebron played more like a PF at Miami...closer to the basket. Got the ball at the post more often, amazing spacing due to all the great shooters. Smaller volume of shots as well, didn't need to chuck shots due to great team offense.

He took 18 shots a game playing a point forward role :confusedshrug:

Statistically the best post-up player in 2014 and 2nd best spot-up shooter in 2013.

You're nitpicking. It's awful.

atljonesbro
11-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Holy shit on 37 shots? Any player in the league with average scoring skills could do that. Not impressed what so ever.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 11:29 AM
He took 18 shots a game playing a point forward role :confusedshrug:

Statistically the best post-up player in 2014 and 2nd best spot-up shooter in 2013.

You're nitpicking. It's awful.

How? I just said his efficiency comes from playing closer to the basket and taking easier shots due to great team offense. Of course he's going to beast in the post with the combination of size and athleticism he had in Miami...And he's going to hit most of his jump shots when he gets wide open shots from his teammates :facepalm

AirFederer
11-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Kobe Bryant should score 50 points if he's going to take 37 field-goal attempts. I would rather have him take 20 field-goal attempts with seven or eight assists than just gunning away.

The Lakers have already locked up the worst record in the conference. Congratulations!

20 fg and 7-8 assist is not an option :lol

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 11:46 AM
How? I just said his efficiency comes from playing closer to the basket and taking easier shots due to great team offense. Of course he's going to beast in the post with the combination of size and athleticism he had in Miami...And he's going to hit most of his jump shots when he gets wide open shots from his teammates :facepalm

Right... It was all so easy, wasn't it...

Shots at the rim because of athleticsm, and wide open shots because the MIKE MILLER'S, CHRIS BOSH', and JAMES JONES' of this world...

But Kobe didn't have MUCH more space to work with due to Shaq, right? :roll:

There's a reason the Team offense was as good as it was... LeBron.

Historically the greatest eFG% EVER. Kobe's ballstopping style will NEVER get those results... never.

ballinhun8
11-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Never gets results = 5 championships/7 appearances

Greatest eFG = 2 championships/ 5 appearances

Oh advanced stats, how mighty you are :bowdown: :bowdown:

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 11:53 AM

Shots at the rim because of athleticsm, and wide open shots because the MIKE MILLER'S, CHRIS BOSH', and JAMES JONES' of this world...

Historically the greatest eFG% EVER. Kobe's ballstopping style will NEVER get those results... never.
Good point. its mind boggling how a player can't shoot 50% with Shaq on his team commanding the defense's attention. Says a lot about Kobe's stupidity in terms of shot selection. such a low iq basketball player:applause:

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 11:54 AM

Why are we discussing team accomplishments here?

chazzy
11-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Why are we discussing team accomplishments here?
Having a great team eFG% isn't a team accomplishment?

chris02jammers
11-05-2014, 11:59 AM

LeBron youngest to score 1k to 23k... take that biiiitcchhh.... soon he will pass Kome chucker in total points scored

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 12:02 PM

Kobe was more efficient shooting the ball while playing alongside Shaq, so I don't see where you're getting at with this. He was still a jumpshooter. He doesn't play the game the same way Lebron does, he also plays in a different system alongside different players.

Kobe's ballstopping style won him 5 NBA championships. And as good as the TEAM offense was in Miami, they only won 2 championships with their talent. Current Miami Heat has a top 5 offense in the league...

And are you saying that Chris Bosh is a bad player or something? He's averaging 25 & 11 right now without Lebron and Miami has the better record, so obviously they are not scrubs...James Jones is a deadly 3pt shooter, as is Mike Miller. Opposing teams have to respect them and stay honest on D or get burned by wide open 3s, hence the spacing. And you left out the GOAT 3PT shooter in Ray Allen, 3rd GOAT SG Dwyane Wade...:rolleyes:

Early 2000s Lakers had decent spacing spacing, but the teams were pretty garbage outside of Shaq & Kobe. Kobe got some great looks thanks to Shaq and vice versa, they both made eachother better.

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Kobe was around the same percentage as always... For Kobe it doesn't matter if he plays on a good, average or bad team... He'll always take the same dumb shots and hover around 45%.

Kobe's ballstopping style was definitely not the reason they won 5 titles...

And you roll off names like Ray Allen and Dwyane Wade plus their historical standings as if it would be their prime :oldlol:

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Kobe was around the same percentage as always... For Kobe it doesn't matter if he plays on a good, average or bad team... He'll always take the same dumb shots and hover around 45%.

he had career high FG% and 3PT% playing alongside Shaq

Mr Feeny
11-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Kobe was more efficient shooting the ball while playing alongside Shaq, so I don't see where you're getting at with this. He was still a jumpshooter. He doesn't play the game the same way Lebron does, he also plays in a different system alongside different players.

Kobe's ballstopping style won him 5 NBA championships. And as good as the TEAM offense was in Miami, they only won 2 championships with their talent. Current Miami Heat has a top 5 offense in the league...

And are you saying that Chris Bosh is a bad player or something? He's averaging 25 & 11 right now without Lebron and Miami has the better record, so obviously they are not scrubs...James Jones is a deadly 3pt shooter, as is Mike Miller. Opposing teams have to respect them and stay honest on D or get burned by wide open 3s, hence the spacing. And you left out the GOAT 3PT shooter in Ray Allen, 3rd GOAT SG Dwyane Wade...:rolleyes:

Early 2000s Lakers had decent spacing spacing, but the teams were pretty garbage outside of Shaq & Kobe. Kobe got some great looks thanks to Shaq and vice versa, they both made eachother better.

What the heck are you talking about. Kobe's always been at 45%fg.
And even with Shaq , he just wasn't quite good enough to top 47% unfortunately. Lebron did that 10 straight years though. TEN STRAIGHT YEARS. Shooting better than Kobe's career high:eek:

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 12:13 PM
he had career high FG% and 3PT% playing alongside Shaq

Oh that glorious 46.9% in 2002?

He also shot 45% the next year...

Overall with Shaq he shot 45.4%, and without Shaq 45.3%.... His prime years mostly without Shaq, as well... It really doesn't make a difference.

Magic 32
11-05-2014, 12:13 PM
And even with Shaq , he just wasn't quite good enough to top 47% unfortunately. Lebron did that 10 straight years though. TEN STRAIGHT YEARS. Shooting better than Kobe's career high:eek:

Dear god, FG% is everything to these guys.

Give me 45% over ball-dominance every day of the week.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 12:16 PM

Kobe's ballstopping style was definitely not the reason they won 5 titles...

And you roll off names like Ray Allen and Dwyane Wade plus their historical standings as if it would be their prime :oldlol:

Wade in the 2011 Finals was putting up prime numbers, stepped up in must-win Playoff games(2012 against Indiana and Boston with Bosh injured)...Ray Allen hit the most amazing shot in NBA Finals history just to keep Lebron from being eliminated..

Lebron lost an NBA Finals with Wade averaging 27/7/5/2/2 on 55%FG, but keep going with the bullshit lies that take me 5 seconds to expose :rolleyes:

And it's funny how you say Kobe was not the reason his teams won 5 rings, like he was a journeyman off the bench that had a few good games here and there, like he wasn't the core of the offense for every single one of those titles, like he didn't lead all of his title teams in assists and steals, including leading the Playoffs in points in 4 out of the 7 Finals teams he played on.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Oh that glorious 46.9% in 2002?

He also shot 45% the next year...

Overall with Shaq he shot 45.4%, and without Shaq 45.3%.... His prime years mostly without Shaq, as well... It really doesn't make a difference.

:rolleyes:

He shot 45% the next year because he started the season off playing without Shaq, if you knew anything about that season, it was when the Lakers got worse defensively & depth-wise and Kobe had to play a lot more minutes that year, team struggled overall due to fatigue and hangover from the 3-peat.

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Yes, Wade, for 1 of the 4 seasons he played with LeBron, WAS in his prime.. :applause:

What the **** are you rolling eyes at "His prime years were mostly without Shaq" :biggums:

2006-2010? 5 undisputed prime seasons? Only 2001 and 2003 match those... Get real.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Yes, Wade, for 1 of the 4 seasons he played with LeBron, WAS in his prime.. :applause:

What the **** are you rolling eyes at "His prime years were mostly without Shaq" :biggums:

2006-2010? 5 undisputed prime seasons? Only 2001 and 2003 match those... Get real.

Kobe had two real prime years with Shaq, 01 & 02. He became a complete player in 03, but the team overall sucked and it limited his overall efficiency (with Shaq being injured, too). 04 was an injury-riddled year + the rape shit + Malone being a cancer + GP not understanding Phil's system...

06-2010 were really the prime years for Kobe in terms of skill and health. 06 & 07 Kobe > any version of Kobe with Shaq, it was a shame he had a supporting cast resembling the current Laker team.

tpols
11-05-2014, 12:26 PM
37shots to score 39 points?

Better than 12 shots to score 11.

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Kobe had two real prime years with Shaq, 01 & 02. He became a complete player in 03, but the team overall sucked and it limited his overall efficiency (with Shaq being injured, too). 04 was an injury-riddled year + the rape shit + Malone being a cancer + GP not understanding Phil's system...

06-2010 were really the prime years for Kobe in terms of skill and health. 06 & 07 Kobe > any version of Kobe with Shaq, it was a shame he had a supporting cast resembling the current Laker team.

Thanks for proving my point.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Thanks for proving my point.

Are you really that stupid? Kobe playing on worse offensive teams = worse efficiency. It's that simple. It applies to Lebron, too.

Magic 32
11-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Are you really that stupid? Kobe playing on worse offensive teams = worse efficiency. It's that simple. It applies to Lebron, too.

Give the guy a break. He has produced 1.7 posts per hour for the last 10 month.

Quality is bound to dip.

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2014, 12:49 PM

Ugh :facepalm

So why was his percentage the same in 2007 better than it was in 2008?

Just deal with the fact that the Team has no Impact on Kobe's Efficiency at all... Ist ALWAYS been around 45%.... Great Teams, average Teams, bad Teams..

LeBron's has gradually gone up YEAR FOR YEAR....

AlphaWolf24
11-05-2014, 12:50 PM
How the F@ck did he get an assist???.....ball must have slipped.

should have shot it.....

Keep shooting Kobe!..........John Stockton never won Sh!t.....

tpols
11-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Yes.. LeBron is much better at cherry picking his opportunities on good teams.. Only to go from an artificial 57FG to 44FG in the finals when it counts.

LeBron James king of manufactured inorganic stats

Wally450
11-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Damn, so many people getting mad in this thread. Great game by a great player. Props. :cheers:

L8k3r5
11-05-2014, 12:56 PM
39 points on 37 shots, and most importantly the loss lmao. 2005/2006 all over again.
Looking like it :/

GMAC
11-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Damn, so many people getting mad in this thread. Great game by a great player. Props. :cheers:

Not to call you out specifically, but seriously, how can people enjoy watching this selfish style of play? The game becomes predictable and ugly. I think Kobe and Iverson (love this guy still) have done enough damage in terms of teaching an entire generation of kids the "right" way to play the game. Sports writers and Kobe fans alike simply ignore the fact that he took almost half of the entire team's FGAs to score 39 points, and actually praise him for doing so.

Utter nonsense and I really can't fathom why people enjoy watching this garbage. I haven't actively watched the Lakers for years and the past few games reminded me exactly why I avoid watching any team captained by Kobe. I don't enjoy watching him make incredibly difficult shots, especially since he's going to miss the majority of them. A stark contrast to what we all witnessed in last year's finals with the Spurs - some of the most beautiful team-first basketball I have ever seen. That's the standard at which "great games" should be pinned at...not 39 points on 37 FGAs.

Droid101
11-05-2014, 01:06 PM
AW melting down like crazy. Hilarious.

Knoe Itawl
11-05-2014, 01:07 PM
This is what it's come down to? Bragging about 39 points on 37 shots, on a team that's 0-5? What am I talking about. I knew from the very beginning that if Bryant was able to return and do any sort of scoring at all, his stans would brag about if, even if it was on dismal percentages and the team was going nowhere.

It's one thing to like a player, and be happy he's back, but the mindless hero worship of Kobe stans never fails to amaze me - even all these years later.

Magic 32
11-05-2014, 01:14 PM
This is what it's come down to? Bragging about 39 points on 37 shots, on a team that's 0-5? What am I talking about. I knew from the very beginning that if Bryant was able to return and do any sort of scoring at all, his stans would brag about if, even if it was on dismal percentages and the team was going nowhere.

It's one thing to like a player, and be happy he's back, but the mindless hero worship of Kobe stans never fails to amaze me - even all these years later.

http://s24.postimg.org/tf4v5lq6d/34534.png

Now give the Wizards the same brutal schedule as the Lakers, and you get the same result.

But I'm sure you would have hated on MJ and his fans as well. :rolleyes:

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 01:18 PM
http://s24.postimg.org/tf4v5lq6d/34534.png

Now give the Wizards the same brutal schedule as the Lakers, and you get the same result.

But I'm sure you would have hated on MJ and his fans as well. :rolleyes:

woah, Kobe had the same amount of pts as MJ in his first 2 games

copying MJ every way possible :rolleyes:

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-05-2014, 03:57 PM

sure you did.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-05-2014, 04:01 PM
ouch.

Levity
11-05-2014, 04:19 PM
37 attempts is pretty damn insane, but truthfully, im ok with it for that game. NO ONE wanted to step up. in fact, no one other than lin can create his own shot (and lin is still shying away from that), so kobe did what he has done before. definitely some ill-advised shots, and missed oppurtunties in the final minutes, but again, im ok with it, seeing as how the team was playing

http://i.groupme.com/320x323.gif.3d13b30cbc434d9bb91f4f0a6a108e85

bballnoob1192
11-05-2014, 04:21 PM
You know how impressive 37 shots are this Lakers team is 06-07 bad

JellyBean
11-05-2014, 06:21 PM
39 points coming off a torn achilles and a broken knee :bowdown:

To Kobe!!! :cheers:

The dude is unreal. And ESPN said that there were 39 players better than Kobe tis season? Puh-leeze.

riseagainst
11-05-2014, 06:22 PM
To Kobe!!! :cheers:

The dude is unreal. And ESPN said that there were 39 players better than Kobe tis season? Puh-leeze.

and he scored a point for each of those players. ESPN should have said 100 players, then he would have scored 100.

:bowdown:

Droid101
11-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Really... the 2nd best player on the team is Carlos Boozer. A player that the last two fanbases he played for PRAYED for him to leave.

necya
11-05-2014, 06:55 PM
reminds me the good old days when shaq was hurt and kobe was like : "i can shoot now" resulting in a memorable 17/47 FG for...41pts in Boston (02-03 season)
:facepalm :bowdown:

6 for 24
11-05-2014, 07:00 PM
reminds me the good old days when shaq was hurt and kobe was like : "i can shoot now" resulting in a memorable 17/47 FG for...41pts in Boston (02-03 season)

I was thinking the same! That particular game is one of my "top 5" in NBA history, a true example of a player "stepping it up" in the face of adversity. I've posted this previously, but it bears repeating as many of today's youth aren't even aware of this masterpiece:

In November of 2002, Kobe put up a remarkable PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 07:12 PM

Let's disregard the triple doubles he had without Shaq at the beginning of the season, only mention one of his worst games from that season :rolleyes:

RRR3
11-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Really... the 2nd best player on the team is Carlos Boozer. A player that the last two fanbases he played for PRAYED for him to leave.
I'd take Hill over Boozer. Lin is debatable if he starts playing like he's capable of (14/6)

The thing about this Lakers team is that you can't really give anyone (outside of Kobe, of course) the ball, say "okay, get us a bucket" and expect anything good to happen. Kobe, while old and not the transcendent player he used to be, can still create his own shot, which no one else on the Lakers can do at a high level. So Kobe ends up taking 37 shots and exhausted. Lin needs to step up to take some pressure off of Bean; the Lakers obviously aren't going to be a good team, but Lin being at least somewhat of a threat would allow Kobe to rest more.

ImKobe
11-05-2014, 07:20 PM
I'd take Hill over Boozer. Lin is debatable if he starts playing like he's capable of (14/6)

The thing about this Lakers team is that you can't really give anyone (outside of Kobe, of course) the ball, say "okay, get us a bucket" and expect anything good to happen. Kobe, while old and not the transcendent player he used to be, can still create his own shot, which no one else on the Lakers can do at a high level. So Kobe ends up taking 37 shots and exhausted. Lin needs to step up to take some pressure off of Bean; the Lakers obviously aren't going to be a good team, but Lin being at least somewhat of a threat would allow Kobe to rest more.
ˇ
14/6 is pretty average for an NBA starting PG, and he's the 3rd/4th best player on the team..

RRR3
11-05-2014, 07:24 PM
ˇ
14/6 is pretty average for an NBA starting PG, and he's the 3rd/4th best player on the team..
14/6 isn't anything special, yes, but it better than Lin has shown so far. Besides Boozer is like 13/8 these days, correct? Hardly better. It's also possible Lin could average 16-18 PPG if he was more aggressive although his FG% would be poor. Guys like Lin and Hill could be superb in the right role.
Imagine Lin as a sparkplug off the bench on say the Spurs. Hill is a terrific backup big, but he's not the optimal starting center-he seems to better in short bursts.

AlphaWolf24
11-05-2014, 07:25 PM

You forgot when dropped 40pts on Air Canada.....then another 40 pts on A.I. ...

Dominating the other stars in the league, but still not old enough to drink!!!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2014, 07:28 PM
It's sad that Randle injured his leg, otherwise there was so much potential for both Davis/Randle combo coming off the bench for the Lakers.

Infact, if I'm Scott, I would just starts Davis along side Hill. Maybe their too redundant, but it's not like he cares much for spacing with his 3 pointers comment and Boozer is pretty soft as it is.

Kobe can't be doing this crazy shit game after game. Just get the young guys around and hill roll with whatever you can.

RRR3
11-05-2014, 07:29 PM
What is it with Scott and 3s? wasn't he a skilled 3pt shooter himself?

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2014, 07:39 PM

Considering his time, he was.

But I take his comments as not having the same opinion of today's analytics. It's score in the paint, shoot the 3, and stay away from mid-range because it's most "inefficient shot". In Scott's time, it was more post play, mid-range, and shooting 3's was frowned upon.

Darrell Griffith explaining briefly about the politics of the game back then and why he tried to use the 3 pointer to his advantage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEAJOF2CdQ0

It's just politics with Scott and not really adjusting to today's game, but I should also be clear that Scott was talking about winning titles and that he felt that there was more to it than just 3 pointers (rebounding, defense, etc...).

Levity
11-05-2014, 07:44 PM
It also has a lot to do with the fact that the lakers have no one (healthy) thats really a 3 ball threat, other than kobe and maybe kelly (who isnt really a deep threat, but keeps getting touted as one).

Game one was really hard to watch in the sense that the team didnt try to space the floor, but it was brought up plenty of times after that game, and since, i feel the lakers are shooting 3's 100%-200% more than their first game.

and once young is healthy, and kelly gets his game legs under him, we'll see more 3 ball used in our offense. I never thought id say this, but this team desperately needs nick young right now

RRR3
11-05-2014, 07:49 PM
@Levity,
Nick Young and Ellington are definitely 3pt threats.

Lin is serviceable from there.

Levity
11-05-2014, 08:11 PM
@Levity,
Nick Young and Ellington are definitely 3pt threats.

Lin is serviceable from there.

agreed, thats why im aching for young to get healthy. as for ellington, i really like him. he had a miserable preseason, but has gotten it together since the concussion. he'll eventually get more burn, but just needs to come off brush screens more for a pull up.

Lin can hit the 3, but only has taken a few so far this season. His confidence is apparent one game, then flounders the next. Im pulling for him, though.

AlphaWolf24
11-05-2014, 08:13 PM

Back in the day...only if the Lakers were up by 20pts.....

If LA was down 20...Scott couldn't hit the Queen Mary if he was standing on it.

coin24
11-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Good point. its mind boggling how a player can't shoot 50% with Shaq on his team commanding the defense's attention. Says a lot about Kobe's stupidity in terms of shot selection. such a low iq basketball player:applause:

Good to see you agreeing with yourself as usual:applause: You must be lonely

NumberSix
11-05-2014, 08:17 PM
37 shots and 12 free throws. That kind of shot jacking should have been at least 60 points.

Hey Yo
11-05-2014, 08:29 PM
No player in the last 30yrs has scored 39 points while only recording 1 assist in an NBA game.

Noob Saibot
11-05-2014, 08:30 PM
In before Kobe Jordan shoots 30 more shots next time.

SouBeachTalents
11-05-2014, 08:36 PM
No player in the last 30yrs has scored 39 points while only recording 1 assist in an NBA game.

Carmelo actually scored 62 points without dishing out ANY assists last season

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201401240NYK.html

Droid101
11-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Carmelo actually scored 62 points without dishing out ANY assists last season

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201401240NYK.html
Don't expect a known troll to actually look up things like "Facts" before he makes an asinine statement.