PDA

View Full Version : Convince me to adopt your team

boozehound
11-05-2014, 12:12 PM
I am doing the LP choice again this year (5 teams). The unlimited LP is too much on top of the national tv games.

Of course, I have already selected the pistons, but the other 4 slots are open. Convince me to adopt your team this year.

Requirements

Must be a team without 1/4 of the schedule on national tv

I like gritty defensive teams and lots of passing/team ball. No iso-ball dominant offenses.

I want at least two teams from each conference.

So, sell me on your team this year.

Burgz V2
11-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Raptors.

Please.

Bosnian Sajo
11-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Isn't the unlimited LP only 50 bucks more? Just get that.

ArbitraryWater
Mavs, Grizzlies, Warriors (Too much TV time?), Kings (Boogie!), Suns...

Lakers for comical purposes.

ImKobe
we have Kobe..

boozehound
11-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Isn't the unlimited LP only 50 bucks more? Just get that.
Yeah, I dont want that. I watch too much bball as is and having unlimited games every night would probably cost me my marriage and job. I am purposefully limiting myself to 5 teams. I plan on watching every pistons game and 40-60 games of the other teams. that is enough for me.

noob cake
11-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Don't

We don't need a bandwagoner.

May I suggest the Lakers, Clippers, Heats, Cavs or Warriors

T_L_P
11-05-2014, 12:32 PM
No idea how many Spurs games are televised there, but we're the best.

Best franchise post-Jordan. Champs. Best offense in the world.

rufuspaul
11-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Hornets are never on national TV.

We were one of the best defensive teams last year. Not so much this 1st week but we have a coach who isn't gonna stand for that shit much longer.

Big Al.

Our colors are really cool.

Done_And_Done
11-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Can't go wrong with my Raptors this year. We're working with an up and coming team that's still trying to figure it out. We've got a coach who will amuse you at times with questionable rotations, a budding young Centre in JV, a pitbull for a point guard, a relatively deep bench, and highlight reel dunkers in Demar and Ross. Worth the consideration Booze...

boozehound
11-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Don't

We don't need a bandwagoner.

May I suggest the Lakers, Clippers, Heats, Cavs or Warriors
you do realize that I am not adopting them as my favorite team or team I root for? I simply want to look at some teams in depth over the season. Its not about rooting.

Right now, I am leaning
Mavs
Suns
Nuggets
Pelicans

Wiz
Raptors
Hornets

boozehound
11-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Can't go wrong with my Raptors this year. We're working with an up and coming team that's still trying to figure it out. We've got a coach who will amuse you at times with questionable rotations, a budding young Centre in JV, a pitbull for a point guard, a relatively deep bench, and highlight reel dunkers in Demar and Ross. Worth the consideration Booze...
Thanks. I will always love Amir, so they were on the short list from the get go.

plowking
11-05-2014, 01:23 PM
I'd recommend the Heat (my team) and the Spurs going by your preferences. Both step the defense up when they need to, and both are constantly swinging the ball for a better shot.

I'd also say take a look at the Wizards who have a great mix of guards and big men, and really play like a team in terms of output and production. Everyone chips in on any given night. You have two guys in Gortat and Nene who can posterize guys, and play tough defense. You have Wall and Beal who are exciting as hell too. Both play good D too.

Last one from the West... Maybe the Warriors. Always fun to watch. Or Pelicans. Anthony Davis is going to be a beast this year. Another team like the Wizards. Bunch of great young guards and two good big men.

boozehound
11-05-2014, 02:32 PM
I'd recommend the Heat (my team) and the Spurs going by your preferences. Both step the defense up when they need to, and both are constantly swinging the ball for a better shot.

I'd also say take a look at the Wizards who have a great mix of guards and big men, and really play like a team in terms of output and production. Everyone chips in on any given night. You have two guys in Gortat and Nene who can posterize guys, and play tough defense. You have Wall and Beal who are exciting as hell too. Both play good D too.

Last one from the West... Maybe the Warriors. Always fun to watch. Or Pelicans. Anthony Davis is going to be a beast this year. Another team like the Wizards. Bunch of great young guards and two good big men.
Thanks. I think the heat are interesting this year. Always been a Deng fan. They are on the long list

Maestro33
11-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Well as backup to Derrick Rose you will actually get more playing time than Derrick Rose.

Milbuck
11-05-2014, 03:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/a3ocIh3.gif

imnew09
11-05-2014, 03:18 PM
We are on the road to get the top draft pick next season :bowdown:

turret
11-05-2014, 03:56 PM
pelicans - AD & Joel Myers great combo
solve the mystery of how the south counts blocks
be the first to see tyreke choke Gordon, next time he air balls a 6ftr

Kings - boogie wonderland
should improve vastly this year... possible long shot 8th seed?
Collison fits better than IT2 for Gay/DC game
When will boogie explode and stab someone... zero techs my rear

Bucks - yes the one in milwaukee, not misprint
fast paced team to watch with a side of out of control
lots of potential with Parker/Alphabet developing
Larry Drew less ..... they seem to believe in Kidd

i got full LP so I get to see it all anyway

Cone
11-05-2014, 04:02 PM
not a mavs fan, but you should watch them. ive caught all their games so far and they're probably the best offensive team in the league. tons of lobs, 3pt shooting, dirk and ellis doing their thing. wrights really fun to watch as well.

oarabbus
11-05-2014, 04:07 PM
The Warriors. We were an excellent defensive team last season, but surprisngly just a better-than-average offensive team, as surprising as that sounds. Now, with Kerr, we might see a move up to a top O and D team. Add to that Klay's coming out party season, Curry being Curry, and some nice big man oriented offense from Bogut, and this team is not only entertaining but should be a very interesting study over the season.

StephHamann
11-05-2014, 04:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M01_ykXJ3mc

Fire Colangelo
11-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Raptors.

Defensive minded coach with a young up and coming team. An underrated fearless pitbull for a PG, highlight reels on the perimeter, good bigs with potential in Val and Amir with a pretty deep bench.

andremiller07
11-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Kings - Reggie Evans

/Thread

JimmyMcAdocious
11-05-2014, 04:35 PM
If I had no access to any games other than through LP (so no local teams or taken into consideration teams always on national tv), my top 5 would probably be:
Golden State, Milwaukee, San Antonio, Charlotte, and the Lakers.

If I personally had LP, my top 5 would probably be:
Milwaukee, San Antonio, Charlotte, Dallas, and Toronto

fiddy
11-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Hornets are never on national TV.

We were one of the best defensive teams last year. Not so much this 1st week but we have a coach who isn't gonna stand for that shit much longer.

Big Al.

Our colors are really cool.
defensive teams are not very attractive

G0ATbe
11-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Kobe.

outbreak
11-05-2014, 05:04 PM
If you like watching teams put up career highs and you are a big fan of watching mediocre opponents look like the second coming of Mutombo you should join the Orlando bandwagon. Also a plus if you are a fan of coaches who run crazy line ups and like to ignore peoples talent levels and just run line ups based on "match ups" regardless of if the player you are benching is 100 times better than the guy replacing him.

MUGEN
11-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Blazers

hate em or love em..Blazer games are fun to watch. Exciting young team

boozehound
11-05-2014, 05:59 PM
If I had no access to any games other than through LP (so no local teams or taken into consideration teams always on national tv), my top 5 would probably be:
Golden State, Milwaukee, San Antonio, Charlotte, and the Lakers.

If I personally had LP, my top 5 would probably be:
Milwaukee, San Antonio, Charlotte, Dallas, and Toronto
yeah, I should have said that I am in the Jazz market, so they are out. I really only get LP to watch my pistons lose, but I always end up wanting to watch a ton of several other teams.

OmniStrife
11-05-2014, 05:59 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/69/files/2014/09/eric-bledsoe-goran-dragic-isaiah-thomas-nba-phoenix-suns-media-day-590x900.jpg

3peated
11-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I dont want that. I watch too much bball as is and having unlimited games every night would probably cost me my marriage and job. I am purposefully limiting myself to 5 teams. I plan on watching every pistons game and 40-60 games of the other teams. that is enough for me.

funniest post i've read, love your addiction to NBA, i'm almost at that level myself. this is my first year buying league pass and i'm loving it. i started my celebratino why watching the 2001 all star game.

SamuraiSWISH
11-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Don't. Our management is infamously cheap, disloyal to career franchise players too.

rufuspaul
11-06-2014, 04:06 PM
defensive teams are not very attractive

First of all the OP stated he likes good defensive teams and secondly you're full of shit.

Nash
11-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Warriors
Hawks
Dallas
New Orleans

Stempel, HERB
11-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Bulls disqualified because of your natl tv stip. That would be my top choice in your spot. Thinking I'd go Nugs second choice.

dunksby
11-06-2014, 04:17 PM
I am doing the LP choice again this year (5 teams). The unlimited LP is too much on top of the national tv games.

Of course, I have already selected the pistons, but the other 4 slots are open. Convince me to adopt your team this year.

Requirements

Must be a team without 1/4 of the schedule on national tv

I like gritty defensive teams and lots of passing/team ball. No iso-ball dominant offenses.

I want at least two teams from each conference.

So, sell me on your team this year.
OKC: Imagine a frontcourt of Ibaka, Adams, Perkins and Collison trying to score most of the team's points and protect the paint as well. The amount of grit it takes for Perkins to score 17 points could crush any LP streaming so consider yourself warned.

imdaman99
11-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Adopt the Knicks to watch Melo and JR chuck the team out of games and then in the postgame interviews, talk about how the team looked sluggish. I'm sure the rest of the team was happy you wanted to shoot 3-18, for goodness sakes that's worse than 2/5 :facepalm

Adopt them, so that I can give up on them. Tired of their shenanigans :oldlol: