PDA

View Full Version : what is everyones thoughts on rondo now???

roffie
11-05-2014, 03:07 PM
so apparently 2 years ago on ISH, the only reason why rondo was on the leaderboards for assist was cause of the big 3..

wheres the haters now?:rockon: still diming with a bunch of role players and starting to look like a walking triple double

dubeta
11-05-2014, 03:09 PM
He's definately a top 8 PG along with:

Westbrook
Curry
Lillard
CP3
Wall
Rose
Dragic

:applause:

imnew09
11-05-2014, 03:14 PM
He should come to the Lakers.

KyrieTheFuture
11-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Great fantasy pick

hawksdogsbraves
11-05-2014, 03:16 PM
I mean he's good, but there's a reason teams aren't lining up to get him. Nobody wants to pay max deal for a past his prime PG who is at best your 4th option on offense.

He can't be your best player, (if he is, you're the 2014 Celtics and you suck) his health is a concern, and he's a bit of a headcase. Boston would be making a mistake I think if they max him and try to build something around him.

oarabbus
11-05-2014, 03:17 PM
How much is Rondo and how much is the Boston scorekeepers?

Check Rondo's away game assists. Betcha it's at least 2ast lower on average.

KyrieTheFuture
11-05-2014, 03:22 PM

15 assists at dallas to start the year :confusedshrug:

r15mohd
11-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Rondo's passing ability isn't the issue...it's his shot, if he was a better overall scorer, he'd be the best PG in the game.

Pushxx
11-05-2014, 03:23 PM
I mean he's good, but there's a reason teams aren't lining up to get him. Nobody wants to pay max deal for a past his prime PG who is at best your 4th option on offense.

He can't be your best player, (if he is, you're the 2014 Celtics and you suck) his health is a concern, and he's a bit of a headcase. Boston would be making a mistake I think if they max him and try to build something around him.

Past his prime? He's 28 lol.

He was one quarter away from winning a championship as the Celtics' best player in 2010. He carried them through two rounds when the rest of the team was playing poorly or injured.

SouBeachTalents
11-05-2014, 03:24 PM

For his career
Home: 9.1 assists per game
Away: 7.7 assists per game

oarabbus
11-05-2014, 03:30 PM
For his career
Home: 9.1 assists per game
Away: 7.7 assists per game

:cheers:

I stand corrected. About 1.5ast per game. Some of Rondo and CP3's "assists" definitely aren't assists though.

Jlamb47
11-05-2014, 03:33 PM

Westbrook
Curry
Lillard
CP3
Wall
Rose
Dragic
Irving

lets not forget kyrie

and rondo still cant score for his life

bdreason
11-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Rubio gets a lot of assists too. When you dominate the ball, it isn't that hard to rack up assist totals... especially considering how easily they hand out assists these days.

Cold soul
11-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Rondo pretty good PG and is one of my favorite players in NBA. If he ever had reliable jump shot he would be nearly unstoppable.

hawksdogsbraves
11-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Past his prime? He's 28 lol.

He was one quarter away from winning a championship as the Celtics' best player in 2010. He carried them through two rounds when the rest of the team was playing poorly or injured.

You realize 2010 was four years ago right? What has he done since then?

Cone
11-05-2014, 03:50 PM

Westbrook
Curry
Lillard
CP3
Wall
Rose
Dragic

why is dragic on the list? dude is so overrated

roffie
11-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Rubio gets a lot of assists too. When you dominate the ball, it isn't that hard to rack up assist totals... especially considering how easily they hand out assists these days.

kyrie says hi

the point is, ppl were severely doubting on rondos ability to produce and was all credited to the big 3

Kevin_Garnett_5
11-05-2014, 03:53 PM

12 assists in Boston (vs Brooklyn), 10 assists in Houston (in a game where his team shot 1-25 from three), 15 assists in Dallas.

oarabbus
11-05-2014, 03:53 PM
kyrie says hi

the point is, ppl were severely doubting on rondos ability to produce and was all credited to the big 3

That's not true at all lol... he was still considered a top 5 by many, top 10 PG by most.

The only thing that made people doubt Rondo was his ability to come back from the injury which is a fair concern. And he's looking good now.

CoastalRyan
11-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Rubio gets a lot of assists too. When you dominate the ball, it isn't that hard to rack up assist totals... especially considering how easily they hand out assists these days.This is where Rondo is exposed. If any team were to acquire Rondo it would need to be a team with stars that don't need the ball in their hand...that and some complimentary shooters.

Otherwise Rondo doesn't just become the liability but he'll turn his teammates into liabilities.

I like his game but there's a fine line between stats making you look like a star player and the small niche in where Rondo actually helps a team reach another level.

Off the top of my head Dallas is a team I think Rondo could thrive with. Dirk and Chandler don't need the ball. Monte would suffer and you'd have to weight the value Monte brings vs. the value Rondo would bring.

roffie
11-05-2014, 03:55 PM
That's not true at all lol... he was still considered a top 5 by many, top 10 PG by most.

The only thing that made people doubt Rondo was his ability to come back from the injury which is a fair concern. And he's looking good now.

u clearly werent posting on ISH back in 2011, there was alot of rondo hate and overrated threads at that time

KyrieTheFuture
11-05-2014, 03:56 PM
This is where Rondo is exposed. If any team were to acquire Rondo it would need to be a team with stars that don't need the ball in their hand...that and some complimentary shooters.

Otherwise Rondo doesn't just become the liability but he'll turn his teammates into liabilities.

I like his game but there's a fine line between stats making you look like a star player and the small niche in where Rondo actually helps a team reach another level.

Off the top of my head Dallas is a team I think Rondo could thrive with. Dirk and Chandler don't need the ball. Monte would suffer and you'd have to weight the value Monte brings vs. the value Rondo would bring.

I've wanted him on Memphis for 4 years, he would have fit better than Conley

Fire Colangelo
11-05-2014, 04:02 PM

I disagree, conley's the only one that's giving them spacing. Switch Conley with rondo and teams will just pack the paint and triple team gasol and zbo

CoastalRyan
11-05-2014, 04:07 PM
I agree that he would be a great fit on Memphis. There's much to debate whether or not he would be a better fit than Conley.

There's a calm about Conley that doesn't show up in the stat lines.

Whereas there's no debating that Rondo is more dynamic than Conley.

Real Men Wear Green
11-05-2014, 04:13 PM
This is where Rondo is exposed. If any team were to acquire Rondo it would need to be a team with stars that don't need the ball in their hand...that and some complimentary shooters. What does that even mean? Did Pierce and KG need touches? Basketball players that actually belong in the NBA can finish when Rondo sets them up. That's why he racks up the assists whether he has star teammates or a group like the current Cs.

andremiller07
11-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Vasquez like two years ago put up high assist numbers on a terrible Hornets squad he averaged like close to 9 apg....not saying he's anywhere the caliber of Rondo but wtf do raw assist numbers have to do with anything?

Rondo is a terrific passer so of course he's going to rack up assists. You can easily put up high assist numbers on a garbage team.

IncarceratedBob
11-05-2014, 04:16 PM
he's a top tier pg

KyrieTheFuture
11-05-2014, 04:18 PM
I agree that he would be a great fit on Memphis. There's much to debate whether or not he would be a better fit than Conley.

There's a calm about Conley that doesn't show up in the stat lines.

Whereas there's no debating that Rondo is more dynamic than Conley.
Mike Conley is not a great spacer but he did provide it that's true, they needed a 3 more than anything, they just could not find a 3 pt shooting wingman to replace Gay successfully

Real Men Wear Green
11-05-2014, 04:19 PM

Almost every one of his doubters pre-injury believed his assists were all about star teammates, ignoring the reality of what actually qualifies as an assist. They said he only got them because Allen, Pierce and KG were great players despite the fact that an assist only counts if it directly contributes to a made basket with only a few dribbles permitted. They would act like the jumpers guys get set up for shouldn't count. But who gets assists off of guys that can't make the shot they're set up for? I used to have one argument a month over the exact same dumb subject.

roffie
11-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Almost every one of his doubters pre-injury believed his assists were all about star teammates, ignoring the reality of what actually qualifies as an assist. They said he only got them because Allen, Pierce and KG were great players despite the fact that an assist only counts if it directly contributes to a made basket with only a few dribbles permitted. They would act like the jumpers guys get set up for shouldn't count. But who gets assists off of guys that can't make the shot they're set up for? I used to have one argument a month over the exact same dumb subject.

this! thank you:applause: and repped.

Imtheman
11-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Rondo past his prime?:biggums:

roffie
11-06-2014, 02:44 AM
boom, another triple dub