PDA

View Full Version : The Rockets have 0% shot at making the WCF this year

Kidbasketball20
11-05-2014, 07:11 PM
0%.

James Harden play style is disastrous when teams actually play lockdown defense on him.

Howard showed up last year, but he is Dwight Howard the king of Beta. No shot he gets past vets like Duncan in a 7 game series.

And most of all... Kevin McHale is the worst coach in the league in terms of talent around him. He was completely outcoached against the Tblazers last year, and he has some of the worst substitutions/game management I've ever seen.

It all looks fine and dandy when they are winning by double digits via their offense. But until Harden learns to play defense (or McHale forces him too) they have NO SHOT.

I'm shocked at anyone who thinks they are close to being a decent team. A stud regular season team? Absolutely.

But at best they'll win a 6-7 game series in the 1st round. They aren't going any further than that.

RRR3
11-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Any team that makes the playoffs in the west is more than decent.

noob cake
11-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Agreed.

Rockets won't make the playoffs so naturally they have a 0% chance at WCF

Even Lord Thr333za can't save the Rockets

Kidbasketball20
11-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Any team that makes the playoffs in the west is more than decent.

They're a top tier REGULAR SEASON TEAM.
But a 2nd ROUND EXIT AT BEST team in the playoffs.

But Harden's stats look much better than they are, especially in the playoffs when teams actually try on D.

And don't even get me started on McHale. Even Rockets fans agree he is a terrible terrible coach. :facepalm

Milbuck
11-05-2014, 07:23 PM
It's not like McHale has that much to work with outside of Dwight.

Done_And_Done
11-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Since when did Houston become the toilet bowl of ish? Seems like everyone hates this team around here these days.

SouBeachTalents
11-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Since when did Houston become the toilet bowl of ish? Seems like everyone hates this team around here these days.

Howard and especially Harden have low approval ratings, but unlike LeBron and Kobe have no stans to defend them

noob cake
11-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Howard and especially Harden have low approval ratings, but unlike LeBron and Kobe have no stans to defend them

It is weird really. Dwight and Harden don't really have stans. 99% of Rockets fans are Rockets fan only, not Dwight or Harden-stans unlike the Lakers/Cavs fanbase.

We had some Linstans, but I think all of them moved to the Lakers.

Kidbasketball20
11-05-2014, 07:39 PM
It's not like McHale has that much to work with outside of Dwight.

He could work on getting Harden to play defense.

Fire Colangelo
11-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I've never seen a player shoot below 40%, but have a 63% TS. All while averaging 27 points.

That efficiency :applause:

pnyozzzoo
11-05-2014, 09:09 PM
James Harden gonna carry them in the playoff, what are you talking about man.:confusedshrug:

Kidbasketball20
11-05-2014, 09:13 PM
James Harden gonna carry them in the playoff, what are you talking about man.:confusedshrug:

He'll carry them TO the playoffs.

But I've seen "Harden Ball" in the playoffs. It's 6 for 20 shooting.

Biggyd81
11-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Old news. Alot of people said they are going to miss the playoffs now they win a few games and you feel the need to derail their WCF aspirations. LOLOL

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-05-2014, 10:01 PM
So same % that Lin has of being remembered for anything besides being asian

imdaman99
11-05-2014, 10:20 PM
#1 seed Rockets
vs
#8 seed Thunder

1st Round Matchup

Can't wait, should be fun :applause:

Kidbasketball20
11-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Bump

KG215
11-07-2014, 12:51 AM
#1 seed Rockets
vs
#8 seed Thunder

1st Round Matchup

Can't wait, should be fun :applause:
If everyone is healthy, the Thunder would be favored in that matchup. Could be the first time ever an 8-seed is legitimately favored to win their first round series.

Still not going to be completely sold on the Rockets as being legit unless they keep this up for an entire season. I've only watched one game, but I know their bench still looks pretty bad on paper. Probably, almost have to be I'm guessing, playing really well right now, though.

TrueBlue89
10-10-2015, 11:09 PM
:lol

Smook A.
10-11-2015, 12:00 AM
Why wasnt this bumped after the Rockets vs Clippers series? :lol

ShawkFactory
10-11-2015, 12:08 AM
Still have 0% shot

Fallen Angel
10-11-2015, 02:44 AM
Damn OP, your basketball predictions sure are spot on.

bobopenguin
10-11-2015, 03:51 AM
Why are rockets fans so happy when their team made to wcf cos of bench players miracle while their star sat on a bench?

miggyme1
10-11-2015, 04:08 AM
If everyone is healthy, the Thunder would be favored in that matchup. Could be the first time ever an 8-seed is legitimately favored to win their first round series.

Still not going to be completely sold on the Rockets as being legit unless they keep this up for an entire season. I've only watched one game, but I know their bench still looks pretty bad on paper. Probably, almost have to be I'm guessing, playing really well right now, though.

are u high??? the thunder will be higher than the 8 seed. hell they might be a higher seed than the rockets. i can see them matching up at the 3 versus 6 or 4 versus 5. it definitely wont be 1 versus 8 if both teams have healthy seasons though.

Sportal
10-11-2015, 06:03 AM
Western conference is so stacked..

OKC/GSW/Spurs/Clippers/Rockets

Only two can make WCF. Ruthless... I've gotta say though, if OKC are healthy, I don't see them losing till at least the WCF... So that's one team. Infact.. I find it really hard to see them losing at all, if healthy. Durant AND Westbrook...

Smook A.
10-11-2015, 07:07 AM
Why are rockets fans so happy when their team made to wcf cos of bench players miracle while their star sat on a bench?
ummm because last time I checked, basketball is a team game... As a Rockets fan, I didn't care what happened (minus the injuries). I just wanted that W. You didn't see GSW fans bitching on ISH when their 6th man, Andre Iguodala won the FMVP, did you? Exactly my point. The end result matters a billion times more than a star player's performance.

bobopenguin
10-11-2015, 07:57 AM
ummm because last time I checked, basketball is a team game... As a Rockets fan, I didn't care what happened (minus the injuries). I just wanted that W. You didn't see GSW fans bitching on ISH when their 6th man, Andre Iguodala won the FMVP, did you? Exactly my point. The end result matters a billion times more than a star player's performance.

And what about miracle? Its was once in a life time performance brought u by brewer and josh smith and a choke by clippers. It wasn't anywhere close to a proper game play or game strategy or power performance. It was 100% pure luck.. as a fan u shouldn't be happy because u know the it was a fluke game which got u guys to wcf.

TrueBlue89
10-11-2015, 08:03 AM
And what about miracle? Its was once in a life time performance brought u by brewer and josh smith and a choke by clippers. It wasn't anywhere close to a proper game play or game strategy or power performance. It was 100% pure luck.. as a fan u shouldn't be happy because u know the it was a fluke game which got u guys to wcf.

A so called choke needs two parties before it can take place you clown. Besides what's the big deal with Harden riding the pine for the comeback if anything it proves he's an unselfish player & a team player. He realised riding with the hot hand was the most sensible decision rather than doing a Kobe or Curry & shooting his team out of the game just to feed his ego.

At the end of the day it was the correct decision and he proved why he's the best player in the League by closing them out the following game.

Goro
10-11-2015, 08:10 AM
To be fair, the Clippers gave them the WCF rather than the Rockets earning it.

disel
10-11-2015, 10:46 AM
But how can the rockets win without yeremy rin?.. no rin means rockets hve no rife.murtha fuka gangst rife

disel
10-11-2015, 10:49 AM
And the rockets would hve wn in 5 if they had Dmo and Beverley. Goddamn with a real point like lawson they going to be nasty. Not the scrubs like Yeremy Rin, Alston and Beverley they have had over the years..

Goro
10-11-2015, 05:01 PM
And the rockets would hve wn in 5 if they had Dmo and Beverley. Goddamn with a real point like lawson they going to be nasty. Not the scrubs like Yeremy Rin, Alston and Beverley they have had over the years..
:facepalm

Q.E.C
10-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Why wasnt this bumped after the Rockets vs Clippers series? :lol

There was another thread similar to this one that got bumped at that time

Rocketswin2013
10-11-2015, 06:10 PM
The team is scarier than I imagined they'd be. The offense is more potent with Lawson now. Harden is playing off the ball and in the post. Capela has picked up where he left off in the playoffs and has emerged as rebounder, shot-blocker and play finisher. Now when Howard leaves the court you lose nothing significant defensively and Capela is really portable in lineups because he can play all 3 frontcourt positions defensively, and not disturb anything offensively like being a post-up blackhole(Dwight).

He's one of the 4 bigs(D-MO, Howard, Jones) Lawson can make better through his ability to get them the ball near the hoop.

This team is completely and utterly loaded.

bobopenguin
10-11-2015, 08:00 PM

cough... dragic.. cough.. kyle lowry..
typical rockets fans.. if we have dmo and bev, we would own the league.. lol.. i dont see they owning league during regular season.
and lawson is not the real PG.. starting from the bench.. lol.. just cos ur starter likes to play with Bev..
i bet end of this year, u guys gonna start calling lawson scrub and a bench role player player.

just give up man, harden isnt gonna carry the entire rockets, u guys going nowhere

Legends66NBA7
10-11-2015, 08:07 PM

So the Clippers are ****ing idiots ?

Good to know.

Spurs m8
10-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Water is wet

TrueBlue89
10-11-2015, 08:14 PM
The team is scarier than I imagined they'd be. The offense is more potent with Lawson now. Harden is playing off the ball and in the post. Capela has picked up where he left off in the playoffs and has emerged as rebounder, shot-blocker and play finisher. Now when Howard leaves the court you lose nothing significant defensively and Capela is really portable in lineups because he can play all 3 frontcourt positions defensively, and not disturb anything offensively like being a post-up blackhole(Dwight).

He's one of the 4 bigs(D-MO, Howard, Jones) Lawson can make better through his ability to get them the ball near the hoop.

This team is completely and utterly loaded.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

This team is a title lock barring any unfortunate injuries in the post-season.

disel
10-11-2015, 08:15 PM
:facepalm
Considering you re the OP poster orientel boy:roll:

MellowYellow
10-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Where is op at?

MiseryCityTexas
10-12-2015, 07:38 AM

Spurs and Warriors are the only teams the Rockets need to worry about. Lamarcus Aldridge has made all of the Rockets power forwards his bitch in the past. I'd be worried about the Warriors too, because none of the Rockets power forwards can guard Draymond Green either.

knicksman
10-12-2015, 07:49 AM

The problem is that you guys have already peaked. I doubt lawson would give you that much unless harden becomes curry. And still harden cant be trusted when it matters coz his game is based on fts.

knicksman
10-12-2015, 07:53 AM

LOL as much as I liked harden, you guys arent winning with a player whos game is dependent on fts. Did you see how it was easy to stop him when it matters? It was game 3 of wcf and he choked same in game 6 of the semis. The guy is unreliable thats why he got benched.

Fallen Angel
10-12-2015, 01:28 PM
The problem is that you guys have already peaked. I doubt lawson would give you that much unless harden becomes curry. And still harden cant be trusted when it matters coz his game is based on fts.
So we peaked with a season full of injuries?

Vaniiiia
10-12-2015, 01:33 PM
So we peaked with a season full of injuries?
Yes, moron. Because other teams were injured too and you got good match-ups in the playoffs

In terms of success the Rockets have peaked. Stop trying to be the voice of reason. You're a retard. You're never right about anything. You are a DOPE.

Nuff Said
10-12-2015, 01:46 PM
are u high??? the thunder will be higher than the 8 seed. hell they might be a higher seed than the rockets. i can see them matching up at the 3 versus 6 or 4 versus 5. it definitely wont be 1 versus 8 if both teams have healthy seasons though.
They missed the playoffs.