PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Outplay the Spurs Yet Lose Due to Ref. Influence.

atljonesbro
11-05-2014, 11:59 PM
38-11 FT spread all game for the Spurs, multiple touch fouls at the end of the game for the Spurs, especially that Manu shot with 3.8 left. Hawks getting mauled yet no calls. I'd feel awful if I were a Spurs fan.

Hotlantadude81
11-06-2014, 12:06 AM
They lost because Bud is a poor coach when it comes to drawing up plays out of time outs. A team will never win anthing with him as a coach.

atljonesbro
11-06-2014, 12:07 AM
They lost because Bud is a poor coach when it comes to drawing up plays out of time outs. A team will never win anthing with him as a coach.
No, that never would happen if the refs called a fair game. They clearly favored the Spurs. 38-11. That's basically the story. We weren't outplayed by any means.

Kblaze8855
11-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Grow up. The refs have no motivation to cheat the damn hawks in a random game in November.

aboss4real24
sad

and sas is a jump shooting tm

smh

Overrated ass team

aboss4real24
Grow up. The refs have no motivation to cheat the damn hawks in a random game in November.

they have a motivation to cheat 4 the defending champs

noob cake
11-06-2014, 12:14 AM
38-11 FT spread all game for the Spurs, multiple touch fouls at the end of the game for the Spurs, especially that Manu shot with 3.8 left. Hawks getting mauled yet no calls. I'd feel awful if I were a Spurs fan.

Ginobli got a BS call, and Duncan got away with a foul.

You just need to outplay the Spurs at home by 10-15 points to win. They get a lot of respect from the refs for being a veteran team/defending champion.

atljonesbro
11-06-2014, 12:17 AM
Right. 38-11 just happens. LOL you didn't even watch the game. Ginobli literally wasn't touched with 3.8 seconds and the gave him a foul to win. That was just the icing on the cake though. You're insane to think the refs don't favor teams. We outplayed them, plain and simple and we were screwed because they're the Spurs.

Kblaze8855
11-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Ive been reading idiotic claims of refs cheating for and against every team for too long to take you nuts serious anymore. I swear ive seen games that result in both sides saying the refs wanted them to lose.

Usually the unrealistic fans in a fanbase. Guys like you with the hawks...fresh with the Knicks. It just never ends....

Yes...38-11 happens without federal crimes being committed.

Shit like this is just childish....without exception. Especially random regular season games.

Always some idiot yelling about a ****ing Kings/Wizards rig from January or some similar nonsense.

If your story of the game comes down to a Ft count you need to watch the game more closely...or at least not make topics about it.

400 out of 400 for 13 years now have been biased unrealistic fans making wild claims about games that dont matter. You are not the exception.

Bad calls happen. But bad fans think 160 possessions of basketball are played and a few calls are the sole reason a team won or lost.

It factors in like 50 other things. But fans who are/behave like children want to hang on the one that lets them disregard the letdown of an under performance on the court.

Fact is....nobody cares enough about a Hawk/Spurs game to rig it.

Your team lost. Handle it like a man.

We have all done the "Refs!" thing at some point. I...for the most part...stopped as a kid.

You want to claim rig...at least do it for games someone benefits from rigging. Something that matters.

Not making topics on ref conspiracies in November.

hawksdogsbraves
11-06-2014, 12:29 AM

I've noticed that too, he's such a good coach in everything else but he can't draw up plays for shit.

Adamantly disagree with you thinking he's a bad coach who can't win anything, he may not win anything here but it won't be because he's a bad coach.

Also the FT disparity was tough to watch, but that's how it goes against good teams in their arenas. We still played them tough, (thanks in large part to them missing so many FT's).

atljonesbro
11-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Ive been reading idiotic claims of refs cheating for and against every team for too long to take you nuts serious anymore. I swear ive seen games that result in both sides saying the refs wanted them to lose.

Usually the unrealistic fans in a fanbase. Guys like you with the hawks...fresh with the Knicks. It just never ends....

Shit like this is just childish....without exception. Especially random regular season games.

Always some idiot yelling about a ****ing Kings/Wizards rig from January or some similar nonsense.

If your story of the game comes down to a Ft count you need to watch the game more closely...or at least not make topics about it.

400 out of 400 for 13 years now have been biased unrealistic fans making wild claims about games that dont matter. You are not the exception.
You're 100% wrong. The game was clearly favored to the Spurs side. Stop being mad because I'm actually recognizing my team got screwed and not pretending we got outplayed to seem like a "humble fan". They got screwed terribly in this game and if you can't recognize that you shouldn't be posting your opinions in this forum.

Hotlantadude81
11-06-2014, 12:38 AM
I've noticed that too, he's such a good coach in everything else but he can't draw up plays for shit.

Adamantly disagree with you thinking he's a bad coach who can't win anything, he may not win anything here but it won't be because he's a bad coach.

Also the FT disparity was tough to watch, but that's how it goes against good teams in their arenas. We still played them tough, (thanks in large part to them missing so many FT's).

It's hard to win something of importance when you can't get it done in the clutch.

Hotlantadude81
11-06-2014, 12:39 AM
You're 100% wrong. The game was clearly favored to the Spurs side. Stop being mad because I'm actually recognizing my team got screwed and not pretending we got outplayed to seem like a "humble fan". They got screwed terribly in this game and if you can't recognize that you shouldn't be posting your opinions in this forum.

Stop being a fool.

blaze is 20 times the poster that you are.

hawksdogsbraves
11-06-2014, 12:40 AM
It's hard to win something of importance when you can't get it done in the clutch.

It's also hard to win something of importance with the roster we've got.

Luckily we're in great shape to blow it up if things go south this year, just about everybody has good trade value. Now if only we could have our GM back...

Le Shaqtus
11-06-2014, 12:40 AM
they have a motivation to cheat 4 the defending champs

Overrated teams don't win championships.

hawksdogsbraves
11-06-2014, 12:42 AM

Pistons had 33 FT's to the Knicks' 10 tonight, you think Silver has the rig in to make sure Detroit is better than NY this year too?

The whole 'thinking the games are rigged against us' thing is lame dude, it's basketball, that's how it goes.

Kblaze8855
11-06-2014, 12:43 AM
You are no better than the Knicks fan I saw a week ago claiming that the Knicks didnt lose to the Bulls...the bench did. And the starters were still in the game...

While the team was down 35.

Fanhood does strange things to people.

But we should all grow up enough to at least admit the problem.

I dont need you to be humble. I dont care how humble you are. I suspect the Hawks season will humble you eventually like it has every Hawks fan since....1958 or so.

All I care about is people not making bad topics. And this...like every random midseason ref rig topic ive read since 2001...is a bad topic based o na childish reaction to a teams failure.

As I said...it happens. We all get childish...sports do that.

But it should at least wait till a game where an adult might be able to fool himself into thinking some shadow society in the NBA could have a motivation to risk federal prison to rig an outcome.

This isnt that game. The Hawks dont matter enough to bother rigging a game.

Topics like this do little but cost you credibility. Not that I tihink you care. People like you are always so sure its only the crazy people...who think they have a problem.

Dr. Ice
11-06-2014, 12:47 AM
i could respect kblaze's opinion if he had actually watched the game.

People on twitter who dont even blame the refs are blaming the refs tonight

hitmanyr2k
11-06-2014, 12:50 AM

If Hawks fans want to complain about anything complain about your dumbass team having 4 seconds to get a quality shot on their last possession and the play ends up with your point guard passing to his teammate for a 45 foot last second heave :roll:

The Utah Jazz just showed how to draw up a play and get a quality shot off to beat a bad call. The Hawks are just simply incompetent.

atljonesbro
11-06-2014, 12:53 AM
You are no better than the Knicks fan I saw a week ago claiming that the Knicks didnt lose to the Bulls...the bench did. And the starters were still in the game...

While the team was down 35.

Fanhood does strange things to people.

But we should all grow up enough to at least admit the problem.

I dont need you to be humble. I dont care how humble you are. I suspect the Hawks season will humble you eventually like it has every Hawks fan since....1958 or so.

All I care about is people not making bad topics. And this...like every random midseason ref rig topic ive read since 2001...is a bad topic based o na childish reaction to a teams failure.

As I said...it happens. We all get childish...sports do that.

But it should at least wait till a game where an adult might be able to fool himself into thinking some shadow society in the NBA could have a motivation to risk federal prison to rig an outcome.

This isnt that game. The Hawks dont matter enough to bother rigging a game.

Topics like this do little but cost you credibility. Not that I tihink you care. People like you are always so sure its only the crazy people...who think they have a problem.
Like I said, you didn't watch the game. I never said the game was rigged, I said the refs favored the Spurs and that's for a multitude of reasons. Legends like Duncan will get star calls (or do you think that's not real either?), the Spurs being champions will get phantom calls because they are the champs, Gregg Popovich constantly getting in the refs faces lobbying for more calls, the Spurs playing at home and the refs not wanting backlash for calls. At the VERY WORST for the Hawks it should have gone into OT. Even with the awful officiating. But they had to top it with a game winning, no touch foul call.

hitmanyr2k
11-06-2014, 12:57 AM
Like I said, you didn't watch the game. I never said the game was rigged, I said the refs favored the Spurs and that's for a multitude of reasons. Legends like Duncan will get star calls (or do you think that's not real either?), the Spurs being champions will get phantom calls because they are the champs, Gregg Popovich constantly getting in the refs faces lobbying for more calls, the Spurs playing at home and the refs not wanting backlash for calls. At the VERY WORST for the Hawks it should have gone into OT. Even with the awful officiating. But they had to top it with a game winning, no touch foul call.

Oh for ****'s sake. Stop being a homer lol. Korver clearly fouled Ginobili on the drive. He jumped too early trying to measure the block. His momentum took him right into Ginobili and Korver even had to brace himself by putting his hand on Manu's shoulder on the drive. Goddamn. Stevie Wonder could see that shit :oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
11-06-2014, 12:58 AM
If Hawks fans want to complain about anything complain about your dumbass team having 4 seconds to get a quality shot on their last possession and the play ends up with your point guard passing to his teammate for a 45 foot last second heave :roll:

The Utah Jazz just showed how to draw up a play and get a quality shot off to beat a bad call. The Hawks are just simply incompetent.

Woah now, where do you think Quin Snyder learned to draw up that play?

Kblaze8855
11-06-2014, 01:02 AM
i could respect kblaze's opinion if he had actually watched the game.

People on twitter who dont even blame the refs are blaming the refs tonight

I suspect I could show you people on twitter blaming the refs for every game lost since Twitter was created.

Lets see...just tonight:

Cavs:

Cory Sieniawski @Cski1029

russwest0
11-06-2014, 01:02 AM

Comments like these are extremely ignorant.

atljonesbro
11-06-2014, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]I suspect I could show you people on twitter blaming the refs for every game lost since Twitter was created.

Lets see...just tonight:

Cavs:

Kblaze8855
11-06-2014, 01:15 AM
Im mature enough to read the argument im responding to. Which you dont seem to be considering that I said:

Bad calls happen. But bad fans think 160 possessions of basketball are played and a few calls are the sole reason a team won or lost.

It factors in like 50 other things. But fans who are/behave like children want to hang on the one that lets them disregard the letdown of an under performance on the court.

From which you get....refs dont make mistakes.

Id be letdown but frankly you just making this topic lowered my expectations of you enough that it would be difficult to disappoint me until I forget it happened.

Feel free to give me another..."whatever". Maybe roll your eyes with it and ill pause for the studio audience to applaud your wit.

PsychoBe
11-06-2014, 01:20 AM
the officiating down the stretch really upset our single resident hawks fan

T_L_P
11-06-2014, 03:23 AM
I didn't watch the game but I rewatched the 4th quarter.

Thabo had a bad call and Manu had a bad call (the 3 point foul where Korver slightly grazed him). Seriously, that's it.

Look at that last play again. Korver jumped right into Manu. Milsap(?) stayed completely vertical but Korver basically jumped onto his back. That's a foul in an NBA game.

I can't comment on the other quarters. Were they worse.

bukowski81
11-06-2014, 03:26 AM
Ginobli got a BS call, and Duncan got away with a foul.

You just need to outplay the Spurs at home by 10-15 points to win. They get a lot of respect from the refs for being a veteran team/defending champion.

When your shitty team are the champions they will be respected too

ralph_i_el
11-06-2014, 10:33 AM

Fact is....nobody cares enough about a Hawk/Spurs game to rig it.

Your team lost. Handle it like a man.

We have all done the "Refs!" thing at some point. I...for the most part...stopped as a kid.

You want to claim rig...at least do it for games someone benefits from rigging. Something that matters.

Not making topics on ref conspiracies in November.

Except that one ref admitted they fix games for gambling purposes ..

toxicxr6
11-06-2014, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]I suspect I could show you people on twitter blaming the refs for every game lost since Twitter was created.

Lets see...just tonight:

Cavs:

Hotlantadude81
11-06-2014, 02:10 PM

Bud can't draw up out of bounds plays. That has become obvious now.

Dro
11-06-2014, 03:06 PM
OP is easily one the most biased and unreasonable fans on this site.....He thinks the Hawks are the best team in NBA history, all of the players are all-stars and every game is rigged against them.....You even have Hawks fans disagreeing with him....Kblaze' post is spot on.....

Dro
11-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Like Kblaze said, how many refs do you think besides Donahue would actually risk federal prison to rig a game?

Myth
11-06-2014, 03:17 PM

Sounds like you feel awful anyway.

oarabbus
11-06-2014, 03:18 PM

That's definitely true, since the Spurs are one of the best teams in basketball and the Hawks are an average to below average team going nowhere.

atljonesbro
11-06-2014, 03:28 PM
OP is easily one the most biased and unreasonable fans on this site.....He thinks the Hawks are the best team in NBA history, all of the players are all-stars and every game is rigged against them.....You even have Hawks fans disagreeing with him....Kblaze' post is spot on.....
:wtf:

I've never said any of this

ProfessorMurder
11-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Like the refs will clean up by letting the favorites win.