PDA

View Full Version : Gone Girl vs Nightcrawler (Spoilers?)

1987_Lakers
11-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Which movie did u prefer? Alot of people didn't like the ending to Gone Girl, but I personally liked it, also the soundtrack was amazing. Jake Gyllenhaal should win an oscar for Nightcrawler, dude was extremely creepy in this.

Myth
11-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Gone Girl's story is better. Nightcrawler's acting is better. I give the nod to Gone Girl. I think over time it will be more memorable as well.

Thorpesaurous
11-06-2014, 01:30 PM
I liked Gone Girl better in the moment, but I think Nightcrawler will age better. Mostly because Gone Girl relied a lot on hiding the characters for the plot to have it's big moments, which worked great, but now knowing what's coming I'm afraid it won't hold up as well, especially the first act. It did have a broader range of emotion.

Nightcrawler is really an atmospheric excercise. The characters are few and thin there too. But it sets more of a mood that I think will allow it to hold up.

Who knows though. Fincher has done more than one movie with a biggen hidden reveal and created enough atmosphere to hold up to time and rewatching, like Fight Club. Gone Girl may hold up more as a satire than a thriller as it travels through time. And the memory of that visceral first viewing may be enough to carry it too, sort of like The Crying Game. It may have become big enough to be something of a social beacon point that outweighs it's raw quality. And being attached to Fincher and Affleck probably won't hurt either.

I really liked both of them.

Lebron23
11-08-2014, 05:22 AM
Rene Russo is still attractive.

BRabbiT
01-06-2015, 10:15 PM
I....Nightcrawler will age better.

Nightcrawler is really an atmospheric excercise. The characters are few and thin there too. But it sets more of a mood that I think will allow it to hold up.

+1

Just saw Nightcrawler. Gyllenhall was impressive.

TheReal Kendall
01-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Both unrealistic but I give the nod to Nightcrawler.

Myth
01-07-2015, 12:36 PM
I already feel like Nightcrawler is staying in my mind more positively than Gone Girl, despite my post above.

outbreak
01-07-2015, 11:44 PM
gone girl was predictable and full of plot holes. Heavily over rated. Was not a bad movie just wasn't anywhere near as good as people made it out to be.

plowking
01-08-2015, 12:09 AM
Gone Girl was one of the worst movies I've watched.

Anyone who says the last 30 minutes of that movie doesn't ruin it completely is lying. I've seen movies get criticized for far less, and this movie gets a complete pass for its ridiculousness for some reason.

SugarHill
01-08-2015, 12:12 AM
Nightcrawler was a lot better stylistically, acting, tensity, score, etc

ArbitraryWater
08-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Gone Girl was one of the worst movies I've watched.

Anyone who says the last 30 minutes of that movie doesn't ruin it completely is lying. I've seen movies get criticized for far less, and this movie gets a complete pass for its ridiculousness for some reason.

okay, I'm going through some of ISH's Gone Girl threads, since I just watched it, and since this is the one I'm bumping, might aswell share my thoughts here... but first off, you really have something against this movie eh :lol

I mean, not agreeing with the 8.4 imdb ranking is completely fine, but one of the worst movies ever? I dont know what type of movies you watch, but cmon now.

I share a similar opinion btw, I rated it 7.9, disappointed with the ending, highly exciting movie though, had some mind**** moments.