PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best bench unit in the league?

russwest0
11-06-2014, 01:25 AM
My money is on the Warriors:

Livingston
Barbosa
Iguodala
Lee
Ezeli

Kblaze8855
11-06-2014, 01:30 AM
Id put the bulls bench against anyone. Taj having a 38 million dollar deal is amazing the way guys like him get overpaid.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-06-2014, 01:31 AM
prolly still Chi and San Antone
same as last year, GS is creeping but i needa see more

Le Shaqtus
11-06-2014, 01:32 AM
Bulls.

McBuckets will lead them to the promised land.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-06-2014, 01:36 AM
dont know why nikkas always overlook SA
Patty was outplaying Tony for large portions of the playoff and he got benched routinely in 4th quarters for Patty

Manu is still one of the best SGs in the game and him and Kawahi were SAs best players last season

Diaw/Bonner/Bellineli/Baynes/Cory

ReturnofJPR
11-06-2014, 01:39 AM
Take away Popovich and Spurs are nothing. Matt bonner shouldn't even be in the league but thanks to pop he's played for years...

Heavincent
11-06-2014, 01:41 AM
Warriors.

Iggy and Lee coming off the bench is scary.

PsychoBe
11-06-2014, 01:44 AM
on paper the spurs's bench is hideous :oldlol:

dont confuse great bench talent with great coaching.

russwest0
11-06-2014, 01:46 AM
A bench with Mills/Bellinelli/Diaw/Ginobli should never be called hideous.

People are discrediting the Spurs players too much just because Pop is such a good coach. It's still a two way street. Yeah, someone like Bonner may have a harder time finding a job if Pop wasn't a coach, but there's a reason guys like Bonner have a job, because he's a high IQ player who isn't ever going to mess with the operation they have going down there in SA.

Not to mention Bonner was a matchup nightmare for OKC last season with Brooks starting Perkins.

ReturnofJPR
11-06-2014, 01:48 AM
Taj. Gibson will win sixth man so let's start with the. Bulls.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-06-2014, 01:49 AM

People are discrediting the Spurs players too much just because Pop is such a good coach. It's still a two way street. Yeah, someone like Bonner may have a harder time finding a job if Pop wasn't a coach, but there's a reason guys like Bonner have a job, because he's a high IQ player who isn't ever going to mess with the operation they have going down there in SA.

Not to mention Bonner was a matchup nightmare for OKC last season with Brooks starting Perkins.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

PsychoBe
11-06-2014, 01:53 AM

mills and diaw were on their way out of the league just a couple seasons ago while the bulls didn't want any part of bellinelli and ginobli of course is the only real bright-spot.

the spurs organization is great at catering to each player's specific needs which is why pop and his staff deserves all the credit because their system isn't for their "stars" it's for their role-players. i guarantee you if the lakers had that bench minus ginobli we'd be going nowhere.

Milbuck
11-06-2014, 01:53 AM
Bulls. Doesn't look that scary right now..but in the past few years the 2nd unit usually hits its stride in the winter, around January. And this year's Bulls bench mob is more balanced offensively and defensively than any year prior in the Thibs era. Brooks looked like a chucker in preseason..he's settling into his role as a nice spark off the bench. Mirotic looked tentative a bit early on (and still does) but the flashes are there, and the confidence is building. Taj is a legit starter in this league and can give you 20/10 on a good night. McBuckets is a similar to Mirotic in that it's gonna take a couple months for him to settle into his role and build some confidence. Snell if nothing else is a decent defender and floor spacer. You already know what you're getting with Kirk..great leadership, toughness, gritty defense, solid offense.

Brooks
Hinrich
Mc3
Mirotic
Taj

Is gonna be the best bench in the league by January.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-06-2014, 01:55 AM
Bulls
Spurs
Golden State

Come to mind.

Inferno
11-06-2014, 02:46 AM
Warriors went from a bottom 3 bench to a top 3 bench.

Joyner82reload
11-06-2014, 02:48 AM
OKC clearly, #stacked

despite having a literal 2 man bench

roffie
11-06-2014, 02:51 AM
warriors for me, close 2nd would be the bulls

imnew09
11-06-2014, 04:02 AM
Lakers...

:cry:

bdreason
11-06-2014, 04:14 AM
Lee will not be coming off the bench. Once he's healthy Draymond will go back to the bench.

Livingston
Barbosa / Rush
Iggy
Green / Speights
Ezili

Still a very formidable bench. Especially when you shorten the rotation to 8-9 come playoffs.

russwest0
11-06-2014, 04:15 AM
Lee will not be coming off the bench. Once he's healthy Draymond will go back to the bench.

Livingston
Barbosa / Rush
Iggy
Green / Speights
Ezili

Still a very formidable bench. Especially when you shorten the rotation to 8-9 come playoffs.

Damn for real? I like them better with Green starting

T_L_P
11-06-2014, 04:18 AM
Manu/Mills/Diaw/Belli/CoJo/Baynes/Bonner.

Inferno
11-06-2014, 04:22 AM

Livingston
Barbosa / Rush
Iggy
Green / Speights
Ezili

Barbosa has been great so far :applause:

JimmyMcAdocious
11-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Did JO retire? I thought he played really well last season and I don't buy Ezeli being much better than a big body to keep the bench warm.

Heavincent
11-06-2014, 04:34 AM

Livingston
Barbosa / Rush
Iggy
Green / Speights
Ezili

I'm pretty sure Steve Kerr said he's gonna stick with the current starting lineup. Why go away from it?

bdreason
11-06-2014, 04:48 AM
I'm pretty sure Steve Kerr said he's gonna stick with the current starting lineup. Why go away from it?

Our offense emphasizes passing from the high post. Right now we're just running through Bogut, and sticking Green in the corner. With Lee and Bogut on the court, the offense becomes far less predictable, and we can run the offense through either player, on either side of the court. We played well tonight, but honestly, the offense didn't generate many easy buckets. With Lee - Bogut - Klay - Curry playing pick and pass from the high post, I expect this offense to generate a lot more layups and wide-open jumpers.

Also, Green is actually a better fit with the 2nd unit, when we have less shooters (Klay/Curry) on the court, and need spacing for Livingston and Iggy to operate. Bogut only plays like 30mpg, so Green still gets 25-30mpg even with Lee playing starter minutes.

oarabbus
11-06-2014, 04:56 AM
To be quite honest I would like Iggy on the starting unit once Livingston has fully recovered and I think D Lee deserves the starter role but bringing him off the bench behind Draymond would be great. Barbosa and Livingston have looked great so far, that much is good.

Along with us, the Suns, Spurs, and Bulls are the other teams with the best bench. I'm not sure who's #1 yet.

mrpibb
11-06-2014, 05:10 AM
The Jazz have the best bench unit. It's even starting for them.

Xover
11-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Isaiah Thomas
Gerald Green
Marcus Morris
Anthony Tolliver:roll:
Alex Len

in all seriousness though this isn't the best but should be up there

Magic731
11-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Even if Lee does come off the bench once he returns, there is no way that lasts until the end of the season. Phoenix bench definitely deserves a mention.

All Net
11-06-2014, 07:19 AM
Warriors bench is much improved

Still Spurs to me.

Magic731
11-06-2014, 07:21 AM
I'm taking the Suns bench over the Spurs. They basically beat the Spurs starters through Thomas and Len.