PDA

View Full Version : Real reason that Lakers are losing is not because of Lin but Kobe..

tgan3
11-06-2014, 02:41 AM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/kobe-bryant-lakers-shot-stats

Only 3 players have attempted more shots than his misses.
Carmelo is 34-of-75, Griffin is 41-of-82, and Harden is 31-of-80.

I'm not saying Lin is great, he is bad but the real reason lakers are losing right now is kobe jacking up shots. As per quoted, "Bryant went 14-of-37 against the Suns Tuesday, bringing his season field-goal percentage to 40.2. Bryant has attempted 122 shots this year and missed 73 of them."

If you are going to attempt so many shots at a mediocre FG% then you are going to lose more often then win plain and simple.

Cocaine80s
11-06-2014, 02:47 AM
Everyone except Kobe stans already know this

RRR3
11-06-2014, 02:50 AM
Kobe taking less shots wouldn't magically make his teammates better defenders or change the fact that they are just a bad team.

NZStreetBaller
11-06-2014, 02:59 AM
What exactly do u suggest kobe does??? Pass the ball to all the great scorers on his team???

MiseryCityTexas
11-06-2014, 03:04 AM
Carlos Boozer's the real problem.

UK2K
11-06-2014, 03:10 AM

I'm not saying Lin is great, he is bad but the real reason lakers are losing right now is kobe jacking up shots. As per quoted, "Bryant went 14-of-37 against the Suns Tuesday, bringing his season field-goal percentage to 40.2. Bryant has attempted 122 shots this year and missed 73 of them."

If you are going to attempt so many shots at a mediocre FG% then you are going to lose more often then win plain and simple.

You're right, Kobe should pass more to Boozer.

imnew09
11-06-2014, 03:33 AM
yea man, Kobe should pass the ball to Boozer and Lin and Grant Hill and Wesley because they're all great shooters :bowdown: :bowdown:

:facepalm

oarabbus
11-06-2014, 03:40 AM
Lin can give you 16 points on 10 shots a game. 18 on 8 shots in yesterdays game. So he should be taking about that many. Lakers really need Nick Young to be taking ~12 shots a game too. That would be better than what's going on now.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-06-2014, 03:44 AM
this

bdreason
11-06-2014, 03:52 AM
They're losing because they aren't that good. No great post players. No great shooters. No great defenders. Just a bunch of very average players and old-man Kobe Bryant.

I'm not sure what everyone expected. Their roster is trash, and their playing in one of the most stacked conferences in the history of the game.

Quizno
11-06-2014, 03:55 AM
lol you guys have such simplistic views of basketball.

"lin is good for 16 points on 10 shots! he had 18 points on 8 shots yesterday! jeez kobe pass the ball!"

watch the games y'all :facepalm see how they do when kobe's off the floor

imnew09
11-06-2014, 03:56 AM
Lin can give you 16 points on 10 shots a game. 18 on 8 shots in yesterdays game. So he should be taking about that many. Lakers really need Nick Young to be taking ~12 shots a game too. That would be better than what's going on now.

Tell me how well Lin played against the warriors ....

fragokota
11-06-2014, 04:35 AM

Damn Kobe :facepalm

ronnymac
11-06-2014, 05:09 AM
Jeremy is a solid player. Contary to some posters here I think he is an nba calibare player or a good 6thman type player. He is a good backup player.

TheReal Kendall
11-06-2014, 05:12 AM
What happen to Linsanity?

pastis
11-06-2014, 05:15 AM
lets be honest Lakers fans

throwing m8s of kobe under the bus is poor.
i mean, if you have someone in your team, taking at least 25 shots a game, often way more (37 e.g.), HOW the hell his teamm8s can get warm for their shots?

explain it to me:biggums:

I<3NBA
11-06-2014, 05:16 AM
the real reason the Lakers are losing is because they are a shit team, with shitty players, Kobe included. i mean okay, he's a good scorer. but on defense, he lays the red carpet for opponents right to the rim.

disel
11-06-2014, 06:53 AM
What happen to Linsanity?
FLUKE

disel
11-06-2014, 06:57 AM
Lin Was And Will Allways Be The Marginal Scrub Stephen a Smith Called Out Years ago Bro.

GimmeThat
11-06-2014, 08:23 AM
I thought it was because the Lakers are playing in the NBA

Foster5k
11-06-2014, 10:30 AM
People said the same crap about Kobe before. However, once he got some players around him, he won championships. Kobe is a championship piece. He just needs some other pieces to make it work. Right now, Swaggy P, Carlos Boozer, etc aren't working.

ralph_i_el
11-06-2014, 10:46 AM
People said the same crap about Kobe before. However, once he got some players around him, he won championships. Kobe is a championship piece. He just needs some other pieces to make it work. Right now, Swaggy P, Carlos Boozer, etc aren't working.
Swaggy hasn't played since Kobe hurt him...

tamaraw08
11-06-2014, 11:05 AM

Did you know Iverson's FG% hovered around 39-41% from 2000-02 and they actually went deep in the playoffs in the East, even winning the ECF in 2001?:pimp:
I'm not saying Kobe's high volume of shots is not a problem, yes, he can pass and get involve his teammates more, and that can inspire them to play harder and better etc. But the main problem is their defense.
Its not also just the no. of shots taken but from where it is taken as in he takes too many low% shots where the defense is all set to rebound as compared to Iverson's attack and penetrate mode, allowing for more easy put backs and FTs attempts etc.

andgar923
11-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Some of you never played basketball, it's that obvious.

Kobe taking that many shots has an effect on teammates, specially if the shots aren't going in and he's forcing shots.

As a player, you get down, you lose a bit of interest, and that translates on the defensive end. When the ball is moving and you're a part of the offense, you're more willing to share and run the offense overall. This also leads to a better defensive effort overall. There's more 'team' work and talking involved.

If you got a dude taking that many shots and missing, you all but basically give up.

Kobe is a great playmaker when he wants to be. A great player/playmaker like Kobe should be able to create for his teammates. When Kobe is missing so much AND playing crappy defense, players will tune him out and the effort on both sides will diminish.

SpanishACB
11-06-2014, 11:21 AM
You're right, Kobe should pass more to Boozer.

he should CREATE for boozer, and other players

any big in under the basket can shoot 60%

no reason for him to go under 40

GimmeThat
11-06-2014, 11:23 AM

Kobe taking that many shots has an effect on teammates, specially if the shots aren't going in and he's forcing shots.

As a player, you get down, you lose a bit of interest, and that translates on the defensive end. When the ball is moving and you're a part of the offense, you're more willing to share and run the offense overall. This also leads to a better defensive effort overall. There's more 'team' work and talking involved.

If you got a dude taking that many shots and missing, you all but basically give up.

Kobe is a great playmaker when he wants to be. A great player/playmaker like Kobe should be able to create for his teammates. When Kobe is missing so much AND playing crappy defense, players will tune him out and the effort on both sides will diminish.

exhibit cheap shot: why you will never see someone make a thread saying "Steve Nash is leading the league in scoring, effortlessly"

Yao Ming's Foot
11-06-2014, 11:26 AM

:roll:

Most of Kobe's current teammates are getting more offensive opportunities than they ever had in their entire NBA careers yet somehow that translates into being too demoralized to play any defense. Strong logic

Dr.J4ever
11-06-2014, 11:28 AM

Good post. Not too many here have actually played the game in an organized level, obviously.

It worked in Philly for a few years with AI, you know, chucking the hell out of the ball. The 76ers were still successful due to the fact that AI was surrounded by a bunch of no-pride mostly defense only players.

AirTupac
11-06-2014, 11:29 AM
he should CREATE for boozer, and other players

any big in under the basket can shoot 60%

no reason for him to go under 40

You dont even watch the games dumbass. He's created plenty for Boozer who misses literally wide open layups. :oldlol:

tamaraw08
11-06-2014, 11:35 AM

Most of Kobe's current teammates are getting more offensive opportunities than they ever had in their entire NBA careers yet somehow that translates into being too demoralized to play any defense. Strong logic

Now back it up with facts. How many exactly flourished with him, getting more pts, and higher FG% as compared to them playing elsewhere?
Glen Rice? Swaggy? Nash? Payton and Malone? Blake? Sessions?

andgar923
11-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Good post. Not too many here have actually played the game in an organized level, obviously.

It worked in Philly for a few years with AI, you know, chucking the hell out of the ball. The 76ers were still successful due to the fact that AI was surrounded by a bunch of no-pride mostly defense only players.

The difference was, Iverson was a hustling defender. And like you said, players knew their roles and his role.

I do think the Lakers losing isn't all on Kobe's shoulders (chucking).

New coach, new roster, new system, no identity.

Kobe being a weak lazy defender and a chucker doesn't help, but it's not entirely his fault.

andgar923
11-06-2014, 11:41 AM

It's about 'creating' for his teammates and playing within the offensive flow.

It's one thing to just give the ball to a player.

It's another to pass.

Learn the game.

Stempel, HERB
11-06-2014, 11:41 AM

The guy you quoted is a 5'4 mexican. Pretty damn sure he's never played any level of organized ball. Instead projecting his pick up game experience from the park. Two completely different worlds. He's a clueless idiot.

Yao Ming's Foot
11-06-2014, 11:46 AM
It's about 'creating' for his teammates and playing within the offensive flow.

It's one thing to just give the ball to a player.

It's another to pass.

Learn the game.

Kobe Bryant will retire with the most assists from a non point guard in NBA history. The Lakers have regularly been a top passing and scoring team in the league during his nearly 20 year tenure.

Tell me more about your rec league experience though :roll:

Artillery
11-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Now back it up with facts. How many exactly flourished with him, getting more pts, and higher FG% as compared to them playing elsewhere?
Glen Rice? Swaggy? Nash? Payton and Malone? Blake? Sessions?

Don't forget Dwight. Best center in the NBA in Orlando and Houston. Looked like a scrub playing next to a cancer like Kobe.

chazzy
11-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Don't forget Dwight. Best center in the NBA in Orlando and Houston. Looked like a scrub playing next to a cancer like Kobe.
Back surgery will do that to people

andgar923
11-06-2014, 01:05 PM
The guy you quoted is a 5'4 mexican. Pretty damn sure he's never played any level of organized ball. Instead projecting his pick up game experience from the park. Two completely different worlds. He's a clueless idiot.
Does one need to have pro or college ball experience to understand elementary ball dynamics?

What I posted holds true in any ball setting.

5'8 btw

Jlamb47
11-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Kobe isnt the real reason. Everyone saying his teamates with higher % should shoot more like they can create their own shot. Kobe is the only player who can create his own shot consistly

Nets fan 93
11-06-2014, 01:48 PM
yea man, Kobe should pass the ball to Boozer and Lin and Grant Hill and Wesley because they're all great shooters :bowdown: :bowdown:

:facepalm
Grant Hill is a solid player though

oarabbus
11-06-2014, 02:57 PM

And that matters why? Everything he said was on point. You got a grudge against him or what...?

Stempel, HERB
11-06-2014, 03:27 PM
And that matters why? Everything he said was on point. You got a grudge against him or what...?

High level competition basketball is not the same game you're playing down at the park. Sorry, it just isn't.

"Some of you never played basketball" Neither has he played basketball at a high level. It's just some ambiguous bullshit he's using to validate his list of lazy cliches. Nothing he said was on point or remarkable in any way. It's an ordinary take I've heard from any number of fans about any number of players they don't particularly like.

If you want to attach yourself to posters like him, be my guest.

Mr Feeny
11-06-2014, 03:39 PM
:applause:

oarabbus
11-06-2014, 03:42 PM
High level competition basketball is not the same game you're playing down at the park. Sorry, it just isn't.

"Some of you never played basketball" Neither has he played basketball at a high level. It's just some ambiguous bullshit he's using to validate his list of lazy cliches. Nothing he said was on point or remarkable in any way. It's an ordinary take I've heard from any number of fans about any number of players they don't particularly like.

If you want to attach yourself to posters like him, be my guest.

Gregg Popovich has never played basketball at an organized, high level. Therefore he doesn't understand the NBA and his player evaluations are bullshit. David Stern and Adam Silver probably understand basketball less than JR Smith. I mean, Smith plays in the NBA, not the game that Silver might play once in a blue moon at the park.

LoveTheNBA23
11-06-2014, 03:57 PM

Only in Orlando. Joakim was better than him last year and Cousins/Marc are better this year.

Stempel, HERB
11-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Gregg Popovich has never played basketball at an organized, high level. Therefore he doesn't understand the NBA and his player evaluations are bullshit. David Stern and Adam Silver probably understand basketball less than JR Smith. I mean, Smith plays in the NBA, not the game that Silver might play once in a blue moon at the park.

First sentence, it's quite clear you have no idea what you're talking about. You're out of your depth.

:roll: @ you trying to be clever and cherry-picking while embarrassing yourself with wrong information about pop and silly generalizations. Good job.

Andgar set himself up as a person who has a greater understanding of the game BECAUSE he played basketball. His experience as a player has jackshit significance And, yeah, if you're going to use "Some of you don't even play basketball" as a leading statement, it would be nice if your resume contained something more notable than your career on the blacktop. Playing Internationally, at the collegiate or NBA level? Definitely more of a unique perspective.

I'm not even going to bother with your stuff about Stern and Silver. It's just awful.

AirFederer
11-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Lol.

oarabbus
11-06-2014, 06:49 PM
First sentence, it's quite clear you have no idea what you're talking about. You're out of your depth.

:roll: @ you trying to be clever and cherry-picking while embarrassing yourself with wrong information about pop and silly generalizations. Good job.

Andgar set himself up as a person who has a greater understanding of the game BECAUSE he played basketball. His experience as a player has jackshit significance And, yeah, if you're going to use "Some of you don't even play basketball" as a leading statement, it would be nice if your resume contained something more notable than your career on the blacktop. Playing Internationally, at the collegiate or NBA level? Definitely more of a unique perspective.

I'm not even going to bother with your stuff about Stern and Silver. It's just awful.

Popovich never played professionally which is what I was referring to. Anyway then back to the acutal point, one player taking 30-40 shots while missing considerably more than half doesn't effect that player's teammates? But Lin scoring 18 on 4 -8, is the reason the Lakers lost. Clearly you are some kind of basketball savant, so educate the rest of us peons as to how that works.

TheBigVeto
11-06-2014, 09:25 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

oarabbus
11-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Lin Was And Will Allways Be The Marginal Scrub Stephen a Smith Called Out Years ago Bro.

Wow how are marginal scrubs singlehandedly winning games? :eek:

lol you guys have such simplistic views of basketball.

"lin is good for 16 points on 10 shots! he had 18 points on 8 shots yesterday! jeez kobe pass the ball!"

watch the games y'all :facepalm see how they do when kobe's off the floor

Me: 'Lin can give you 16 points on 10 shots'
Actual result: 21 points on 12 shots

Lin: +17, 8-12 shooting, 1TO
Kobe: +7, 7-20 shooting, 4TO

Stupid Lin almost losing the game for the Lakers only shooting 75% why does kobe even let him play :mad: