PDA

View Full Version : 11/8: Bernard Hopkins vs. Kovalev for the Unified Ligh Heavyweight

Lebron23
11-06-2014, 07:25 AM
http://75a9.http.cdn.softlayer.net/0075A9/thesweetscience/images/krusher-poster-1014.jpeg

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0903/box_e_hopkins-kovalev01jr_576x324.jpg

http://75a9.http.cdn.softlayer.net/0075A9/thesweetscience/images/HopkinsKovalevPhilly_Hoganphotos4.jpg

Hopkins is a massive under dog in this fight. I hope he pulls a victory. Kovalev is one of the hardest hitting 175 lbs in the last few years.

L.Kizzle
11-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Hopkins is gonna win this easily. Krusher will get maybe 3 rounds.

Lebron23
11-06-2014, 09:24 AM

Kovalev is Hopkins' first live opponent since Pascal and Dawson.

L.Kizzle
11-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Kovalev is Hopkins' first live opponent since Pascal and Dawson.
Hopkins is Kovalevs first opponent ever.

Lebron23
11-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Hopkins is Kovalevs first opponent ever.

Yeah, but Kovalev hits hard, and he already killed an opponent inside the ring.

Lebron23
11-06-2014, 11:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8epwlcUc2zU

Kovalev killed Romanov inside the ring.

Tarik One
11-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Hopkins get KO'd/TKO'd.

You heard it here first

SCREWstonRockets
11-06-2014, 07:50 PM
i would not be surprised if Hopkins lost

L.Kizzle
11-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Hopkins get KO'd/TKO'd.

You heard it here first
Lol Hopkins ain't gettin knocked out., you serious.

L.Kizzle
11-06-2014, 08:00 PM
i would not be surprised if Hopkins lost
Campillo and Cleverly are his only notable wins, and they're nothing compared to even 3rd tier guys B Hop has beaten.

This will look like B Hops last two fights against Marut and Shumenov. Okay maybe not that bad, the second Pascal fight.

Charlie Sheen
11-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Hope this one is better than last week's Fonfara beating Ngumbu like a drum for 10 rounds :lol

Done_And_Done
11-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Does B-hop have an addictive shopping disorder or something. I can't believe he's continuing to subject himself to pro fighting. I absolutely love the guy and realize he still gets it done but Jeeze. This isn't baseball... Dudes got balls man

L.Kizzle
11-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Does B-hop have an addictive shopping disorder or something. I can't believe he's continuing to subject himself to pro fighting. I absolutely love the guy and realize he still gets it done but Jeeze. This isn't baseball... Dudes got balls man
He doesn't take a lot of punishment. Not like he's Brandon Rios in there.

NZStreetBaller
11-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Bernard is the goat of longevity in any sport.... u cant be carried by anybody in boxing

PistonsFan#21
11-06-2014, 10:06 PM

You should consider putting a bet if you're that confident. Hopkins is a 3-1 underdog.

I would put some money on Hopkins myself just because of the odds but i have a hard time putting cash on a 50 year old beating the hardest hitting guy in his weight division.

Lebron23
11-08-2014, 05:56 AM
Fight is less than 24 hours.

Lebron23
11-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Roy Jones compared Hopkins to the Spurs. Old boring, effective fundamentally sound.

Tarik One
11-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Roy Jones compared Hopkins to the Spurs. Old boring, effective fundamentally sound.
That makes Roy comparable to the Lakers. Dominant and exciting during his prime, then quickly fell apart when he got old.

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 12:49 AM
Fight is on.

dude77
11-09-2014, 12:53 AM
I've never seen a fighter walk into the ring with a mask on ? lol

dude77
11-09-2014, 12:57 AM
danny garcia did when he fought salka.

ah ok

BrooklynZoo
11-09-2014, 01:02 AM
hopkins down in the first :eek:

SCREWstonRockets
11-09-2014, 01:02 AM
damn krusher dropped him easily

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 01:11 AM
Glad to see the racist getting whooped by another 'white boy' :)

dude77
11-09-2014, 01:17 AM
hopkins has nothing .. what is this shit ? put this old man away

DonDadda59
11-09-2014, 01:22 AM
BHop finally showing his age. Kovalev not that impressive, can't get rid of a slow, tired old man.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 01:26 AM
BHop finally showing his age. Kovalev not that impressive, can't get rid of a slow, tired old man.

What do you mean? He's won every round. Or do you expect him to fight like an idiot and go for a KO against a guy who never gets stopped?

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 01:31 AM
What do you mean? He's won every round. Or do you expect him to fight like an idiot and go for a KO against a guy who never gets stopped?
He's 49 Hopkins is not stopping anyone. Kovalev should have gotten him out rounds ago.

dude77
11-09-2014, 01:33 AM
He's 49 Hopkins is not stopping anyone. Kovalev should have gotten him out rounds ago.

lol stfu .. you were saying hopkins was going to win 'easily' .. give credit where credit's due

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 01:35 AM

I'm saying Hopkins never gets stopped. It's retarded to go for wild shit when you can win clinically which is what Kovalev is doing.

I am impressed.

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 01:35 AM
lol stfu u were saying hopkins was going to win 'easily' .. give credit where credit's due
I'm obviously wrong. I thought Kovalev would look like Kelly Pavlik here.

dude77
11-09-2014, 01:36 AM
kov has thoroughly outboxed him and dominated .. he doesn't need a ko

dude77
11-09-2014, 01:36 AM

yeah I hear you .. hopkin's age is probably too much now though

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 01:38 AM
The best part is knowing that a white boxer is sending Hopkins the racist into retirement.

PistonsFan#21
11-09-2014, 01:39 AM
This fight shouldnt have been a surprise to anyone. Hopkins is 50 years old fighting against the hardest hitter and one of the best boxers in his division who's still in his prime.

dude77
11-09-2014, 01:45 AM
damn .. hopkins trying to mock him pissed kov off lol

dude77
11-09-2014, 01:46 AM
**** THAT BITCH ASS REF .. that should've been TKO .. that bitch just didn't want to see hopkins ko'd

L.Kizzle
kov has thoroughly outboxed him and dominated .. he doesn't need a ko
Did you see how he fought round 12. If he fights the whole fight like that, he's out it 4.

sunsfan1357
Nice last round.

dude77
11-09-2014, 01:47 AM
this fkn ref robbed kov of a ko

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 01:49 AM
this fkn ref robbed kov of a ko
The end of the fight they weren't stopping.

dude77
11-09-2014, 01:52 AM
The end of the fight they weren't stopping.

yeah I guess .. he could've taken him out earlier with shots like that .. but he was showing respect to hopkins .. can't blame him .. couple bad shots and he could've been taken out himself

BrooklynZoo
11-09-2014, 01:54 AM
The best part is knowing that a white boxer is sending Hopkins the racist into retirement.

never known hopkins to be a racist. since you're pushing this so hard, how is he a racist? cause he uses the term whiteboy?

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 02:00 AM
He chose to fight Kovalev instead of Stevenson amd put money in Sergeys pockets instead of the black mans in Stevensons.

KyleKong
11-09-2014, 02:01 AM
Kov beat B-Hop I'm assuming?

BrooklynZoo
11-09-2014, 02:07 AM
all 3 judges scored all 12 rounds for kovalev

Rodmantheman
11-09-2014, 02:36 AM
Time for the old man to retire.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 02:54 AM
never known hopkins to be a racist. since you're pushing this so hard, how is he a racist? cause he uses the term whiteboy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtB0gD6O_Ak

If any white athlete said something like this about a black guy he would've been banned for life.

plowking
11-09-2014, 03:02 AM

If any white athlete said something like this about a black guy he would've been banned for life.

I've seen you post quite a bit on here since being unbanned, and you post some straight up racist stuff too.

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 03:10 AM

Lol that doesn't make him a racist. He doesn't feel a white guy can beat him (Which he did but that's beside the point lol.)

And no he wouldn't get banned Adrien Broner said he just beat the fck out a Mexican earlier this year.

I hardly think those guys are racist.

If Calzaghe would have said I'd never let a black guy beat, I wouldn't think much of.

Ali called Joe Frazier a ugly gorilla, I guess he's racist too.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 03:25 AM
I've seen you post quite a bit on here since being unbanned, and you post some straight up racist stuff too.

I have never been banned and I have never posted anything racist.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 03:27 AM
Lol that doesn't make him a racist. He doesn't feel a white guy can beat him (Which he did but that's beside the point lol.)

And no he wouldn't get banned Adrien Broner said he just beat the fck out a Mexican earlier this year.

I hardly think those guys are racist.

If Calzaghe would have said I'd never let a black guy beat, I wouldn't think much of.

Ali called Joe Frazier a ugly gorilla, I guess he's racist too.

Right so when Rush Limbaugh dares suggest black QBs are inferior to white QBs, his head is immediately called for and he loses his job, but Hopkins straight up states at least eight times he would never lose to a white person and nothing happens. You don't see the double standard?

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 03:32 AM
Right so when Rush Limbaugh dares suggest black QBs are inferior to white QBs, his head is immediately called for and he loses his job, but Hopkins straight up states at least eight times he would never lose to a white person and nothing happens. You don't see the double standard?
Rush is not an athlete so he's out the picture.

What B Hop said is no different than the Mexican/Cuban/Puerto Rican rivalry in boxing. It's all about pride. They'd rather not lose to someone not like themselves.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 03:41 AM
Rush is not an athlete so he's out the picture.

What B Hop said is no different than the Mexican/Cuban/Puerto Rican rivalry in boxing. It's all about pride. They'd rather not lose to someone not like themselves.

Thats minorities vs minorities. There's a built in stone rule in modern American liberal social media society that all whites must walk on eggshells around blacks and never say anything remotely offensive to them or else face severe punishment.

There's no way in hell a white athlete could have said what Hopkins said to a black athlete and gotten away with it.

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 03:50 AM
Thats minorities vs minorities. There's a built in stone rule in modern American liberal social media society that all whites must walk on eggshells around blacks and never say anything remotely offensive to them or else face severe punishment.

There's no way in hell a white athlete could have said what Hopkins said to a black athlete and gotten away with it.
Lol I don't know what world you live in but I'll play along.

If they were in a heated argument like Hopkins and Calzaghe were, and Calzaghe said "I've never lost to a brother and I won't start now.' I'd see no problem with that.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 03:53 AM
Lol I don't know what world you live in but I'll play along.

If they were in a heated argument like Hopkins and Calzaghe were, and Calzaghe said "I've never lost to a brother and I won't start now.' I'd see no problem with that.

I live in a world in which Trayvon Martin and Michael brown are heros.

Yeah, I'm sure none of the liberals would care if Calzaghe said I'd never lose to a black boy, or white boxers are hungrier and stronger than black boxers (Hopkins has made these comments before).

dude77
11-09-2014, 04:12 AM
lol didn't know hopkins said that .. well, makes it more just that calzaghe beat him then .. if a white fighter did that, his ass would be beaten down by the media and 'black interest groups' until he apologized like a bitch .. I don't give a shit that hopkins would say that because it's just shit talking .. but they would give a shit if calzaghe had done it .. pc ******ry .. it is what it is

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 04:16 AM
I live in a world in which Trayvon Martin and Michael brown are heros.

Yeah, I'm sure none of the liberals would care if Calzaghe said I'd never lose to a black boy, or white boxers are hungrier and stronger than black boxers (Hopkins has made these comments before).
Why are you bringing up Rush Trayvon and Brown in a boxing thread? Leave that shit for political talk.

But why is it like that, well segregation was fairly recent. Late 70 early 80s it was still going on. And the civil rights movement of the 60s is in our lifetime. People were being hosed down and were having dogs sicked on them when Bernard Hopkins was a little kid.

But back to boxing I guess. Why is the Mexican/Cuban/Puerto Rican rivalry being overlooked. Canelo said earlier this year Mexican fighters are superior to Cuban fighters. Is Canelo racist? No. Neither is B Hop.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 04:24 AM
lol Hopkins is playing the race card again

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/11815891/bernard-hopkins-says-race-reason-pursuit-history-transcended-boxing

Hopkins claims a victory over the favored Kovalev wouldn't be enough to crack his top three of most significant in-ring performances. He reserves the top spot for his 2008 upset of unbeaten middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik in a 170-pound catchweight bout.

"That was the greatest moment of my life because it was undeniably white against black," Hopkins said. "The American story against the thug, even though he changed his life. The convicted felon. So it was me representing an entity that had changed in spite of what they say you should be able to do. But once you do it, they really don't want you to do it.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 04:27 AM
Why are you bringing up Rush Trayvon and Brown in a boxing thread? Leave that shit for political talk.

But why is it like that, well segregation was fairly recent. Late 70 early 80s it was still going on. And the civil rights movement of the 60s is in our lifetime. People were being hosed down and were having dogs sicked on them when Bernard Hopkins was a little kid.

But back to boxing I guess. Why is the Mexican/Cuban/Puerto Rican rivalry being overlooked. Canelo said earlier this year Mexican fighters are superior to Cuban fighters. Is Canelo racist? No. Neither is B Hop.

Because it's 2014 and blacks have every single advantage and opportunity to succeed in America. To the point it's comical.

You're also completely ignoring the difference between Hispanics vs Hispanics and white vs black and black vs white, which is incredibly disingenuous on your end.

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 04:27 AM
Is Canelo racist?

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 04:29 AM
Is Canelo racist?

What Canelo said is like an Australian saying New Zealanders are garbage.

The white vs black dynamic is so much different it's not even funny.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 04:35 AM
lol didn't know hopkins said that .. well, makes it more just that calzaghe beat him then .. if a white fighter did that, his ass would be beaten down by the media and 'black interest groups' until he apologized like a bitch .. I don't give a shit that hopkins would say that because it's just shit talking .. but they would give a shit if calzaghe had done it .. pc ******ry .. it is what it is

He's said a lot of other racist shit too. Like after he beat Pavlik he was going on about how black boxers are inherently stronger, tougher, hungrier, and better than white boxers and shit. Now he is claiming no one is following him because he's black and not because he has a boring style, is a dirty boxer, and no one cares about boxing except for a specific niche of dedicated fans.

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 04:35 AM
What Canelo said is like an Australian saying New Zealanders are garbage.

The white vs black dynamic is so much different it's not even funny.
So you're saying that others hating others is alright until whites and blacks come into play, then that's when it matters?

You said earlier minority vs minority isn't important.

You are living in a different world.

L.Kizzle
11-09-2014, 04:38 AM
He's said a lot of other racist shit too. Like after he beat Pavlik he was going on about how black boxers are inherently stronger, tougher, hungrier, and better than white boxers and shit. Now he is claiming no one is following him because he's black and not because he has a boring style, is a dirty boxer, and no one cares about boxing except for a specific niche of dedicated fans.
B Hop says black boxers are better than white boxers = you call him racist

Canelo says Mexican boxers are better than Cubans = you say it's no problem.

You should stop posting.

bdreason
11-09-2014, 04:40 AM
Hopkins still had a belt?!? I remember watching him fight Roy Jones Jr. over 20 years ago. :wtf:

Lebron23
11-09-2014, 05:36 AM
I love to see Andre Ward or Artur Beterbiev vs. Sergey Kovalev. Artur Beterbiev only had 6 fights, but he beat Kovalev in the amateurs multiple times.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 05:37 AM
So you're saying that others hating others is alright until whites and blacks come into play, then that's when it matters?

You said earlier minority vs minority isn't important.

You are living in a different world.

I don't know if you're intentionally being obtuse but it's very simple so I will spell it out-

Two Hispanic cultures having a rivalry or superiority is the product of nationality and competition.

Whites versus Blacks in America goes back to the days of slavery and segregation and ingrained notions of racism, superiority, and inferiority.

If you can't divine the difference between Puerto Ricans shit talking Dominicans versus blacks making outright racist statements against whites and vice versa, then I don't think there's much more we can discuss on the topic.

Lebron23
11-09-2014, 05:54 AM
Douchebag clown celebrated like it' fourth of july when Kovalev beat Hopkin.

http://i57.tinypic.com/30cc3g0.jpg

SCREWstonRockets
11-09-2014, 11:26 AM
:lol not sure why you never gave him a chance. all signs pointed to this. You said it would be like Hopkins last two fights, lol no respect for krusher

Tarik One
11-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Because it's 2014 and blacks have every single advantage and opportunity to succeed in America. To the point it's comical.

I'm all ears