PDA

View Full Version : Rockets' Competition

MMM
11-07-2014, 03:42 AM
The rockets have beat nobody

or

have they just made them look like nobodies.

I have to say I've been impressed despite the lack of top end competition they've played. I mean I would guess a few teams could also go undefeated with a similar schedule (not many) but what i'm impressed with is their dominance in blowing teams out the water. They are doing what great teams should do to bad or mediocre teams. How many teams would be as dominant while picking up these wins??? never have allowed more than 93 points against and last night was the first time they didn't crack the century mark.

Kidbasketball20
11-07-2014, 03:52 AM
The Rockets could go 82-0 and I still don't see them beating the Spurs, (healthy) Thunder, Clippers, Trailblazers, Mavericks, or Phoenix in a 7 game series.

In the playoffs, they play lockdown D on Harden and force Howard to average 25+ pts a game. The lack of offense will be exposed and most of all, McHale is a terrible coach.

andremiller07
11-07-2014, 03:53 AM
They raped the teams they were meant to beat that's what good teams do is it not?

Micku
11-07-2014, 03:53 AM
They destroyed a couple of playoff teams with the Heat and the Spurs. The Spurs were missing some key players to be fair, but they blew them out.

It's only 5 games tho. Nothing to get too excited about. But if you are Houston fan, you should be happy that Harden is putting more effort with the D along with the whole team. Especially when Howard is out there. His plus/minus when his off the court is pretty crazy on the defensive end. It's -13.0 when he's off the court on the defensive end. It's night and day compared to last season when it was only -1.3.

But like I said, it's too early. Small sample size. We'll see if they can keep it up. If they can, then the team would be difficult to beat when playoffs come. You just gott'a hope Harden don't lay an egg come playoffs.

UK2K
11-07-2014, 04:00 AM
They've pretty much crushed everyone they've played. Duncan and Ginobli were out but you still had TP and the reigning Finals MVP.

It wasn't even close.

MMM
11-07-2014, 04:03 AM
They raped the teams they were meant to beat that's what good teams do is it not?

exactly

But like I said, it's too early

agreed but just want to stress not many teams will have a run like they currently are on despite the competition. They have beat teams by no less than 11 points.

MMM
11-07-2014, 04:08 AM
The Rockets could go 82-0 and I still don't see them beating the Spurs, (healthy) Thunder, Clippers, Trailblazers, Mavericks, or Phoenix in a 7 game series.

In the playoffs, they play lockdown D on Harden and force Howard to average 25+ pts a game. The lack of offense will be exposed and most of all, McHale is a terrible coach.

:wtf:
This post is filled with a ton of recklessness

The wild west is wide open and i guess i could see any of the teams upset some of the higher seeds but I'm surprised that you have all those teams beating the Rockets. Especially the Suns who have no playoff experience also if we are going to mention the Suns then why not the Grizz, NOLA and the Kings???

Fudge
11-07-2014, 04:08 AM
Oh, they scared now.

Go Houston.

Sarcastic
11-07-2014, 04:35 AM
They've played 2 playoff teams so far, and one of them benched all their stars. I think an 82-0 prediction would be slightly premature.

imdaman99
11-07-2014, 04:45 AM
Good thing championships aren't handed out in November.

Cocaine80s
11-07-2014, 04:49 AM

Luckily the Rockets got rid of Lin so they wont give away games to opponents by making retarded plays.

Combat Wombat
11-07-2014, 05:27 AM
Luckily the Rockets got rid of Lin so they wont give away games to opponents by making retarded plays.

That bait :applause:

ronnymac
11-07-2014, 06:26 AM
You can only beat who is in front of you and that's what we've done. In fact our average wining margin is 17 points in this stretch and we are keeping teams to 89 points and scoring roughly around 105with a league leading 3pt make stat.We won in Utah where the Suns and the Cavs came up short beaten Miami in Miami without our starting PF. Last night we beat the Spurs without Beverley and jones again. Granted the Spurs were also missing key pieces.

We have won the games we should have won and unlike last season, when teams made a run, we didn't crumble and our defense for once has steped up.

All Net
11-07-2014, 06:50 AM
The regular season isn

MMM
11-07-2014, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE=All Net]The regular season isn

All Net
11-07-2014, 07:25 AM
For championship level teams i feel its more important in how you play and not letting bad habits set in. I agree its always preferable to be a top seed with HCA especially for a team who hasn't made deep playoff runs yet. However, with how wide open things are this season i think establishing a championship level and foundation and getting hot at the right time will be the difference in june. I feel there is as many as 6-8 teams that have a legit chance of winning it all this season. Going into most seasons I usually feel 2 teams maybe 3 are real contenders.
Who your teams who you feel can win it all?

Spurs
Bulls
Cavs
Clippers
Thunder
Warriors
Are mine.

I can

MMM
11-07-2014, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=All Net]Who your teams who you feel can win it all?

Spurs
Bulls
Cavs
Clippers
Thunder
Warriors
Are mine.

I can

MMM
11-07-2014, 07:35 AM
just to add on if a team like the spurs those go down early that probably does open things up for teams like Memphis, Portland, ect. Those teams might not be able to beat the spurs but they can beat the Mavs, Rockets, etc.

Xover
11-07-2014, 07:50 AM
so far, this season has been.. http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Politics/396/223/obama_cree_061311.jpg

StephHamann
11-07-2014, 07:55 AM
They had an easy schedule, but you can't blame them for it :confusedshrug:

But to early to tell, the Pacers started something like 30-5 last season and look how well that turned out

rezznor
11-07-2014, 10:21 AM
They've played 2 playoff teams so far, and one of them benched all their stars. I think an 82-0 prediction would be slightly premature.
and houston was missing 2 starters as well.

back OT though. i'm impressed with how they won more than the fact that they are 6-0.

They have been winning in dominant fashion and with greatly improved defense

Ca$H
11-07-2014, 10:28 AM
The warriors will merck them.

rezznor
11-07-2014, 10:30 AM
The warriors will merck them.
The Spurs will kill them
The Heat will destroy them

imdaman99
11-07-2014, 12:00 PM
The Spurs will kill them
The Heat will destroy them
How would you feel playing OKC in the 1st round with the Rockets being the #1 seed and OKC 8th?

IncarceratedBob
11-07-2014, 12:03 PM
How would you feel playing OKC in the 1st round with the Rockets being the #1 seed and OKC 8th?
It would be disheartening bc the healthy Thunder are a better team than Houston. All of Houstons work for naught

rezznor
11-07-2014, 12:11 PM
not gonna lie, an 8th seed okc at full strength would be dangerous a ****. okc has pretty much owned houston the last few years. that being said, i'm liking our improved defense so am eager to see how we match up against a contender at full strength.

when are westbrook and durant due back?

Cobra Kai
11-07-2014, 12:12 PM
At 6-0, they beat all teams by at least 10 points. That's pretty impressive. No other team in the league today has done it.

But, still too early to tell how good they are going to be.

rezznor
11-07-2014, 12:18 PM
At 6-0, they beat all teams by at least 10 points. That's pretty impressive. No other team in the league today has done it.

But, still too early to tell how good they are going to be.

as of tuesday, the rockets avg margin of victory is 14.2 points, which will go up after the spurs game. that's the more impressive stat to me then 6-0.

but i agree, it's a long season and way too early to tooting any horns. that being said you can only play who's in front of you and the rockets can't ask for a better start to the season.

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2014, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=All Net]Who your teams who you feel can win it all?

Spurs
Bulls
Cavs
Clippers
Thunder
Warriors
Are mine.

I can

imdaman99
11-07-2014, 12:45 PM
It would be disheartening bc the healthy Thunder are a better team than Houston. All of Houstons work for naught
That's what I'm saying. They dominate in the regular season only to run into a fully healthy OKC in the 1st round :oldlol:

not gonna lie, an 8th seed okc at full strength would be dangerous a ****. okc has pretty much owned houston the last few years. that being said, i'm liking our improved defense so am eager to see how we match up against a contender at full strength.

when are westbrook and durant due back?
I believe they'll both be back mid December. By then they could be buried at the bottom of the conference though. If they are 5-17 or something like 4-22, it could be hard for them to come back and win the 50 games it will likely take to make the playoffs in the stacked West. But if they do, they will be rolling and I doubt any of the top seeds would want any part of them so early :lol

Cobra Kai
11-07-2014, 12:45 PM
as of tuesday, the rockets avg margin of victory is 14.2 points, which will go up after the spurs game. that's the more impressive stat to me then 6-0.

but i agree, it's a long season and way too early to tooting any horns. that being said you can only play who's in front of you and the rockets can't ask for a better start to the season.

Well said.

rezznor
11-07-2014, 12:54 PM
That's what I'm saying. They dominate in the regular season only to run into a fully healthy OKC in the 1st round :oldlol:

I believe they'll both be back mid December. By then they could be buried at the bottom of the conference though. If they are 5-17 or something like 4-22, it could be hard for them to come back and win the 50 games it will likely take to make the playoffs in the stacked West. But if they do, they will be rolling and I doubt any of the top seeds would want any part of them so early :lol

what about the injuries to the rest of their team? how serious are those?

L.Kizzle
11-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Ready to see how we perform against the Warriors tomorrow tonight (even though David Lee wont be playing.)

MUGEN
11-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Deja Vu

Rocket fans were going on and on about how well they are doing in the regular season and how well they will do in the playoffs last season as well

they have played well so far but it's still 6 friggin games in lol

Xsatyr
11-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Deja Vu

Rocket fans were going on and on about how well they are doing in the regular season and how well they will do in the playoffs last season as well

they have played well so far but it's still 6 friggin games in lol

The Rockets lacked ball movement last year and didn't play defense. They look like a new team albeit their competition has been inferior. They played down to their opponents last year though so it's not quite the same. It is still way too early though.