PDA

View Full Version : How would you deal with ISIS if you were the president?

Jello
11-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Obama, in response to ISIS' significant capturing of land, has approved air strikes supporting peshmerga and Iraqi ground forces. This has resulted in a string of victories and recapturing of territory, but is it enough? I don't think so. I think it is evident that air strikes without boots on the ground is ineffective. US ground forces would take ground much more efficiently and air strikes would be more accurate and effective with forward air controllers on the ground.

Recently, Obama has asked for authorization of new war powers from congress. I fully support a military operation rooting out ISIS control.

The real problem is ISIS still exists and if our inaction lets ISIS control territory, the group will continue to recruit jihadist psychopaths and brainwash and train the population under their control.

So how would you approach the problem of ISIS if you were in the president's position?

JEFFERSON MONEY
11-07-2014, 12:22 PM
25K land troops garrisoned and building bunkers.

10K headed towards their major headquarters.

5K flanking right.

5K flanking left.

5K scattered about guerilla style.

Each trained in weaponship, intelligence, diplomacy, and told to be ruthless.

Aircraft carriers stationed outside the gulf. Drone strikes.

But most importantly, you must find a way to win over the locals' hearts and minds and morale. And to do this, Kurdistan must be apologized to.

kNicKz
11-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Stop buying middle eastern oil

StephHamann
11-07-2014, 12:30 PM
legalize marihuana in every state

Charlie Sheen
11-07-2014, 12:33 PM
build a line of houses to stop their scout rush...

more wood please!

Patrick Chewing
11-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Some of these airstrikes are on empty buildings where ISIS used to be. The word is getting to them prior and we're wasting taxpayer money on just making holes in the ground.

We need to get ISIS the same way we got Charlie and the Nazi's. With full metal jackets.

KevinNYC
11-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Some of these airstrikes are on empty buildings where ISIS used to be. The word is getting to them prior and we're wasting taxpayer money on just making holes in the ground.

We need to get ISIS the same way we got Charlie and the Nazi's. With full metal jackets.

Do we want to use Charlie as the example?

magic chiongson
11-07-2014, 01:12 PM
zerg rush

Styles p
11-07-2014, 01:25 PM
I'd drop charlie z off there and have him KO all of them with one punch.

Charlie Sheen
11-07-2014, 01:32 PM

:oldlol: Dude do you say this kind of inflammatory shit at work or save it for the internet?

andgar923
11-07-2014, 01:38 PM
What about the Mexican drug cartels?

They pose a bigger threat to Americans. They pose a bigger threat to its own citizens and they're our neighbors.

knickballer
11-07-2014, 01:47 PM
1) Arm the Kurds and support a Kurdistan
2) Make admits with Syria and apologize for wrong doings and help Assad. This obviously won't happen though.
3) Tell Turkey to stop being such kunts and actually secure their border. Assure them that the Kurds won't separate a chunk from Turkey
4) Ensure there's a power sharing government in Iraq(after Kurds split) that shares power between Shiites and Sunnis.

And eventually Isis will be crushed..

USA wants Isis to spread until it threatens Israel so they can enter and this time control the whole region.

sweggeh
11-07-2014, 01:48 PM
What about the Mexican drug cartels?

They pose a bigger threat to Americans. They pose a bigger threat to its own citizens and they're our neighbors.

Nah, forget them. If they turned Muslim though, Im sure they would be Number 1 priority.

StephHamann
11-07-2014, 01:53 PM
USA wants Isis to spread until it threatens Israel so they can enter and this time control the whole region.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/3721968/mind-explosion-o.gif

Dresta
11-07-2014, 03:23 PM
As if Israel couldn't defend itself against ISIS :lol

Patrick Chewing
11-07-2014, 03:31 PM
:oldlol: Dude do you say this kind of inflammatory shit at work or save it for the internet?

I don't think that's inflammatory. Just non-PC probably. Political Correctness is worse than ebola.

KingBeasley08
11-07-2014, 04:05 PM
id get this guy deal with them

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/johnshore/files/2014/05/Jack-Bauer-badass.jpg
THIS :bowdown:

bdreason
11-07-2014, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't do anything. I would tell the Middle-Eastern powerhouses (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, etc.) to handle their own shit.

step_back
11-07-2014, 04:24 PM
I'd be using more air vehicles against them. They need to get some Apaches in there. If you've seen any Youtube videos of them in combat operations nothing seems to kill more quickly than having a gunship firing down on them.

I would say send in special forces but they're already there.

fpliii
11-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Train a relatively secular faction of rebels in the area. Pour as much money into it as is necessary, avoid American ground troops. Offer air strike support to destroy key targets and flush the enemies out.

Though religion is pervasive there, again, they need to be as secular as possible, to prevent this nonsense from blowing up again.

MadeFromDust
11-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Use spooks and sigint to track, find and destroy every leader that pokes his head out the cave to proclaim snackbars are great

Dresta
11-08-2014, 08:39 AM
I wouldn't do anything. I would tell the Middle-Eastern powerhouses (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, etc.) to handle their own shit.
Ah yes, just surrender our only remotely honourable and trustworthy ally in the region (the Kurds) to complete annihilation - let a hostile force of growing power continue to grow unchecked, dissolving borders and redrawing the map and annihilating everything in its path. The expansion of ISIS isn't putting the US at much risk, but if it continues to be ignored it will become a massive threat to Europe. This is hardly a small issue - they're recruiting teens from round the world in droves and will be extremely dangerous if they are left to expand.

Al Qaeda and the Taliban were always weaker military forces than ISIS is right now. This is the new manifestation of an old problem but it's grown massively in terms of military power, funding, manpower and equipment. This problem is not going to evaporate simply by ignoring it - in fact, they're counting on the easy capitulation of the West, who they think is weak and soft and cowardly.

GimmeThat
11-08-2014, 10:33 AM
how would you try and survive air bombs?

certainly not recruit more people just to get bombed.
and if they can survive air bombs

what type of boots on the ground are we even talking about?

wakencdukest
11-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Kill them all. Kill their wives. Kill their children. Kill their parents. Kill their siblings.

Patrick Chewing
11-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Kill them all. Kill their wives. Kill their children. Kill their parents. Kill their siblings.

That's how the Romans and Egyptians took care of business back in the day. Kill anyone who may come back down the road and seek vengeance.

wakencdukest
11-08-2014, 11:43 AM
That's how the Romans and Egyptians took care of business back in the day. Kill anyone who may come back down the road and seek vengeance.

Makes good sense, right?

MadeFromDust
11-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Makes good sense, right?
Sounds Biblical

9erempiree
11-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Best thing to do is bomb the shit out of them. There will be collateral damage but it's ok.

KevinNYC
11-08-2014, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE] The leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, was

pauk
11-08-2014, 08:48 PM
We can do this ourselves, just give AC-130.

9erempiree
11-14-2014, 07:08 AM
I would first have a mandatory draft like they did years ago and all Muslim Americans must enlist. From that point on, I would train these Muslims to become military personnel.

Then they would be sent off for duty in each of the Islamic States to fight.

This is most likely the best possible scenario.

There are good Muslims out there willing to fight like the Muslims pictured below.
http://cdn.frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/99902897-david-cameron-444x350.jpg

BlazerRed
11-14-2014, 09:51 AM
I would probably nuke them.