PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with Boston?

Im Still Ballin
11-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Are they rebuilding? Are they trying to contend? Frankly I'm not quite sure.

They seem to have some nice young pieces in Bradley, Olynyk, Smart and Sullinger.

IMO they need to trade Jeff Green and Rondo. Soon. They are meddling in mediocrity for the foreseeable future with those two at the helm.

Wake up, Boston.

IncarceratedBob
11-07-2014, 02:34 PM
It's hard to tank in the East because they're are so many shitty teams. Cavs, Bulls and maybe Raptors are the only good teams while the rest are just either trying to be good but failing or just straight up tanking.

JtotheIzzo
11-07-2014, 02:35 PM
their coach is used to doing a lot with very little, they might be one of those teams that dip for a very short time.

add in all those Nets picks they got coming down the pipeline and they could be good fast

Spaulding
11-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Ya man I don't know. I hate to see talent like Rondo and Green go to waste. I thought they were tanking too but they keep these guys. Maybe they are increasing their trade value by playing them....

Genaro
11-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Celtics management wants to lose but they don't want to give up their good players like Green and Rondo so they can't do it properly. They also have a coach who wants to win.

Im Still Ballin
11-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Do they really need to fully commit to the rebuild though? We saw Houston turn it around very fast with big FA signings/Trades. You never know what will go down.

MellowYellow
11-07-2014, 03:05 PM
The east is gonna be a bloodbath, the only 3 teams that actually suck are the magic, sixers, and Pacers. Everyone else has a great shot at being a playoff team.

hawksdogsbraves
11-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Do they really need to fully commit to the rebuild though? We saw Houston turn it around very fast with big FA signings/Trades. You never know what will go down.

That's the thing, they want to stay decent and try to turn pieces into a James Harden type trade, but the problem is that's never going to materialize.

They should have traded Rondo during the offseason and committed to a rebuild.

SwishSquared
11-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Boston has plenty of picks coming its way through all of the deals they've done recently (I think they have like 4 first round picks + a pick swap over the next few years coming from LAC, CLE, and Brooklyn). They have some young talent in Smart, Bradley, Young, Sully, & KO.

I had predicted they would use some of their assets over the summer to do a quick rebuild and I was wrong. I still think they can swing a trade when a star level guy comes onto the market. It's a question of time basically to figure out who they can target.

I wonder if things really go south in Cleveland (and they truly have to ship somebody out) if Boston would get involved in a 3 or 4 team trade to snag Kyrie and move Rondo (and maybe Green) in the process.

They're experimenting with 3 guard lineups now (Bradley/Smart/Rondo) and Kyrie is talented with the ball in his hands and awful defensively- maybe the guys around him would cover up his shortcomings. If they can get a star big man in the draft they are well on their way to being full of talent.

I also like their coach a lot and think he can lead them once they have the right mix of guys.

ProfessorMurder
11-07-2014, 04:15 PM
If they had anyone that could protect the basket they could be a top five team in the East.

But they have no center and a lack of a crunch time scorer. Green just isn't good enough to be the Pierce type guy.

They have good pieces but need to make some moves to either tank or try to compete.

SpanishACB
11-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Celtics management wants to lose but they don't want to give up their good players like Green and Rondo so they can't do it properly. They also have a coach who wants to win.

how do you know what people you never even talked with want?

does ESPN tell you?

Shade8780
11-07-2014, 04:55 PM
I think Stevens wants to compete. He's a good coach, and did a lot at Butler with very little. We have tough games coming up in the Bulls, Cavs, Thunder, Suns, Grizzlies, Trail Blazers and Spurs, so I can see a lot of losses during November.

Fudge
11-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Perk's contract in exchange for Jeff Green again. :applause:

Do it, Sammy P.

Im Still Ballin
11-07-2014, 05:10 PM
I'd be embarrassed to be a Celtics fan at the moment, tho.

No direction. No future. No chance

Real talk.

Genaro
11-07-2014, 05:21 PM
how do you know what people you never even talked with want?

does ESPN tell you?
Do I have to write "I think" in the beginning of all of my posts so you can understand? I don't even read or watch ESPN beyond the games, by the way.

BlackWhiteGreen
11-07-2014, 05:39 PM
theres no guarantee they'll be good in the future, but let's be honest here. The celtics have the best chance at having a contender in 3 years time outside of the current contenders.

Bear in mind they play 3 of last years' lottery teams in the first 15 games. And one of those is the Cavs and another is Phoenix. Such a tough schedule to begin with

BlackWhiteGreen
11-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Do I have to write "I think" in the beginning of all of my posts so you can understand? I don't even read or watch ESPN beyond the games, by the way.

What's the proof the management want to lose? Theyll still be getting lotto picks from Brooklyn in 2018

Dro
11-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Well, they play us tonight so........

hawksdogsbraves
11-07-2014, 06:03 PM
They're actually in a pretty similar spot to the Hawks. Stuck between contending and tanking, but with enough flexibility to go either way. We probably have a better team but they have more prospects and picks.

The thing about having good flexibility is you have to do something with it eventually or there's no point. I'd like the Hawks to blow the team up this season, just about everyone on the roster has a great deal of trade value. Move Horford, Millsap, Teague (if possible) and Korver for picks/prospects and get a huge jump on rebuilding.

BlackWhiteGreen
11-07-2014, 06:27 PM
They're actually in a pretty similar spot to the Hawks. Stuck between contending and tanking, but with enough flexibility to go either way. We probably have a better team but they have more prospects and picks.

The thing about having good flexibility is you have to do something with it eventually or there's no point. I'd like the Hawks to blow the team up this season, just about everyone on the roster has a great deal of trade value. Move Horford, Millsap, Teague (if possible) and Korver for picks/prospects and get a huge jump on rebuilding.

Thornton, Bass (expirers), James Young, Clippers 2015 pick and Celtics 2015 + 2017 pick for Horford and Korver

JebronLames
11-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Sullinger drops 30 and 15 tonight.

MMM
11-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Celtics don't really need to tank they've outsourced that job to Brooklyn

CelticBaller
11-07-2014, 08:21 PM
I'd be embarrassed to be a Celtics fan at the moment, tho.

No direction. No future. No chance

Real talk.
No future? We have like 10 1st round picks in the future