PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of Calvin Harris?

sweggeh
11-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Dude is beasting right now. The latest artist who doesn't provide the vocals to his own tracks. Just as good as Avicii and David Guetta in my opinion.

Jailblazers7
11-07-2014, 05:04 PM
I think his songs are solid. Way better than Avicii and Guetta.

BigBoss
11-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Dude is beasting right now. The latest artist who doesn't provide the vocals to his own tracks. Just as good as Avicii and David Guetta in my opinion.

You noob. Calvin was good in like 2010. And he's dropped vocals on every album, especially his first 2 :roll:

Avici and David Guetta are fukin terrible.

Go listen to Art Department, Nicole Moudaber, Carl Cox, etc to listen to real producers/dj's. OP fails at LIFE

BrooklynZoo
11-08-2014, 01:48 AM
yeah, he isnt exactly new..

AirTupac
11-08-2014, 01:50 AM
Lmao overrated. Saw him live, nothing special. Literally walked out before his set was even finished.

Cocaine80s
11-08-2014, 02:15 AM
I hate these ******* electronic djs who think theyre artists now. No ur a ****ing producer why the **** are the people who provide the vocals counted as features and not the lead. Shit is stupid man, producers are meant to stay in the background

TylerOO
11-08-2014, 02:32 AM
Lol djs

You ladies have fun dancing at the club tonight

:oldlol:

BigBoss
11-08-2014, 02:42 AM
I hate these ******* electronic djs who think theyre artists now. No ur a ****ing producer why the **** are the people who provide the vocals counted as features and not the lead. Shit is stupid man, producers are meant to stay in the background

You have it azz backwards. They're artists who produce their own stuff.

BigBoss
11-08-2014, 02:43 AM
Lol djs

You ladies have fun dancing at the club tonight
Hell yeah broooo!!!

http://guestofaguest.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/theguido.jpg

:djparty

Cocaine80s
11-08-2014, 02:46 AM
You have it azz backwards. They're artists who produce their own stuff.
Yea but what do they do besides produce the track?

I get why guys like Timbaland or Dr Dre are considered the artist because they both made the beat and did their own vocals.

BigBoss
11-08-2014, 02:51 AM
Yea but what do they do besides produce the track?

I get why guys like Timbaland or Dr Dre are considered the artist because they both made the beat and did their own vocals.

You're a retard. Put the bong down and focus. DJ'ing and producing are two different things. Calvin Harris is an artist who has 4 albums and he goes on tour to DJ. He doesn't perform his songs live, he hits play.. It's a different genre of music, different concert vibe.

Take Calvin Harris' debut album " I Created Disco". Here's the tracklist.

1. Merry Making At My Place
2. Colours
3. This Is Industry
4. The Girls
5. Acceptable In the 80's
6. Neon Rocks
7. Traffic Cops
8. Vegas
9. I Created Disco
10. Disco Heat
11. Vault Character
12. Certified
13. Love Souvenir
14. Electro Man

He wrote, sang, and composed every single track on the album. No samples.

The genre is electronic/disco but it's no different to what a Kanye West does.

I can't believe i'm defending Calvin Harris.

Cocaine80s
11-08-2014, 03:04 AM
You're a retard. Put the bong down and focus. DJ'ing and producing are two different things. Calvin Harris is an artist who has 4 albums and he goes on tour to DJ. He doesn't perform his songs live, he hits play.. It's a different genre of music, different concert vibe.

Take Calvin Harris' debut album " I Created Disco". Here's the tracklist.

1. Merry Making At My Place
2. Colours
3. This Is Industry
4. The Girls
5. Acceptable In the 80's
6. Neon Rocks
7. Traffic Cops
8. Vegas
9. I Created Disco
10. Disco Heat
11. Vault Character
12. Certified
13. Love Souvenir
14. Electro Man

He wrote, sang, and composed every single track on the album. No samples.

The genre is electronic/disco but it's no different to what a Kanye West does.

I can't believe i'm defending Calvin Harris.
DJing takes no skill. all you do is press buttons, i dont consider a DJ an artist. And yea i wasnt talking about Calvin Harris since he actually sings.

BigBoss
11-08-2014, 03:13 AM
DJing takes no skill. all you do is press buttons, i dont consider a DJ an artist. And yea i wasnt talking about Calvin Harris since he actually sings.

DJ'ing is an instrument if you are playing the right genre of music i.e. deep house, deep techno. The transitions and the build up/drops are much more subtle. It's for pro-drug underground scenes. It's a different way of listening to music that you would never understand.

i.e. Nicole Moudaber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGH9_WAfxZA

To you it's random sounds and repetitive, BUT it's much more technical then that. She will get people in a complete trance.

If you're playing that EDM/raving bull shit then yeah it takes no skill. Even you can do it.

Lastly, what's smaller 1/2 of 1/4 OR 1/4 of 1/2?

eriX
11-08-2014, 11:08 AM

you have absolutely no knowledge of the music industry to the point that you think only people that sing should be artist :biggums:

Alamо
08-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Is this what money does to you?

http://cdni.condenast.co.uk/1083x658/a_c/Armani-07-GQ-18Feb15_pr_b_1083x658.jpg

wtf...

Anyways, this dude is filthy stinking rich for what he does. Calvin and Taylor make double what Jay-Z and Beyonce make. Also He's 6'5 and Taylor is 5'11, their kids are gonna suck..