PDA

View Full Version : How far will the Best SG and Best C in the NBA take the Rockets this year?

Fudge
11-07-2014, 06:35 PM
I say WCF at least. Finals is very likely. I feel like it's their year.

riseagainst
11-07-2014, 06:36 PM
as a long time fan of the Rockets, i would say the finals.

UK2K
11-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Dwight isn't the best center.

I'd be happy with a finals, I said second round during the preseason so I'm staying with that.

Doranku
11-07-2014, 06:39 PM
I have to say, they look good so far to start the year. I'll be optimistic and say second round, but in reality they'll come back down to earth and lose in the first round again.

NuggetsFan
11-07-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure. James Harden is crazy underrated by some on here tho. He's a flopper who lives at the line like alot of superstars, he just really excels at it. He isn't even attempting 16 shots so far this year yet is still averaging 26 a game. Howard is looking like a healthy Howard too.

Still too early but with all the injuries in OKC this could be the year Houston could take a serious run.

LoneyROY7
11-07-2014, 07:21 PM
I say WCF at least. Finals is very likely. I feel like it's their year.

Klay's got an argument this year.

Real14
11-07-2014, 07:21 PM
go back cheering for the thunder. I'm very disappointed in you man:coleman:

Droid101
11-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Since when did Klay Thompson play for the Rockets?

Smook A.
11-07-2014, 07:26 PM
It all really depends on how Howard and Harden perform for the rest of the season. If Harden continues to be effective and plays defense, he'll help the Rockets a lot. Dwight just has to stay consistent every night and play his heart out. Our other key players like Ariza, Jones, Beverley, Canaan, K-Papa, and Terry have to play well too. Of course Harden & Howard lead the way, but if the main guys around them can't play good then we'll have problems.

knicksman
11-07-2014, 07:35 PM
why not go for a ring? finals is just first round in the west.

UK2K
11-07-2014, 07:49 PM

26-7-7 > 27-2-2

You can't even use the defensive argument this season.

roffie
11-07-2014, 07:50 PM
didn't think they would be this good after losing so many key players from last year but so far so good

Real14
11-07-2014, 07:53 PM
its too early tho just like the 2011 hornets were undefeated for a while and them niguhs wind up being 1st round exits as a bottom seed.

Genaro
11-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Rockets just traded for Marc and Klay?

Budadiiii
11-07-2014, 07:58 PM
No way they get past SAS or a healthy OKC team.

Let them and their fat slob fan-base get past the first round before we start talking about the Rockets as serious contenders.

Ramza
11-07-2014, 07:58 PM
:facepalm

Smook A.
11-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Klay is playing really freaking good this season, but I still feel like Harden is the best SG. I just think Harden's all-around game puts him over Klay. Right now, he's putting up an impressive 26 ppg/7.2 apg/6.8 rpg/1.3 bpg/1.3 spg. Klay Thompson is averaging 27 ppg/2.5 apg/2.3 rpg/1 bpg/1.3 spg. Those are 2 nasty statlines. Harden playmaking and rebounding is making the huge difference, at the end of the day. On the defensive side, he's giving more focus and actually tries to stay on his man which helps his case as the best SG even more. Klay's defense is fantastic but if we put everything together and then judge who the better player is, I'd say James Harden.

Tomorrow the Rockets & Warriors face off which means we'll get to see Harden and Thompson play against each other for the 1st time this season. Can't wait.

smoovegittar
11-07-2014, 08:09 PM
If they keep it together, they can go far. Good start. It'll tighten up after December... for a lot of teams.

rhowen4
11-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Not best C, but best sg imo

2nd round, not gonna overreact to their fine start

Inferno
11-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Klay's not the best SG, but he's definitely top 3 right now.

Rockets fans, hows Harden's defense been?

ElPigto
11-07-2014, 08:21 PM

I'm pretty shocked I am writing this, but his defense has been insanely good. He's actually closing out, playing transition D, playing good man to man, good help defense, etc. I mean, the 180 is pretty shocking!! It helps that he has Ariza defending the best wing defender, but last year we had James ****ing Anderson setting career highs and Corey Brewer hitting 53 because Harden refused to play D.

SugarHill
11-07-2014, 08:30 PM

Harden
Derozan
>

Droid101
11-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Harden
Derozan
>
Pshh whatever man.

Klay is shooting 54/50/92 scoring 27. Best Shooting Guard in the league. Shooting guard just needs to shoot! Assists and rebounds can be handled by the other duders.

StephHamann
11-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Rockets new ****** team in the leauge, Bran **** jumping ships

dontgetchoked
11-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Harden
Derozan
>
:coleman:
i want to give a shout out to jimmy g buckets though 19.7/4/6.3/ 2 stl 1 block on 51.4 top 2 perimeter defender, top 5 sg

SugarHill
11-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Pshh whatever man.

Klay is shooting 54/50/92 scoring 27. Best Shooting Guard in the league. Shooting guard just needs to shoot! Assists and rebounds can be handled by the other duders.
He clearly won't sustain that or even come close

NZStreetBaller
11-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Rockets are what I call a season team. Come playoff time they suuuuuuuuuuuck. I'd like to see em face up against the clippers or golden state. But lets be honest spurs or okc gonna whoop em anyways:rolleyes:

SwayDizzle
11-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Kobe doesn't play on the Rockets

ronnymac
11-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Klay's got an argument this year.
Harden is a better all round offensive player. He is a better playmaker/passer.his shot is a little off, but he is also a better points extractor as well. klay is a better catch and shoot player but hardens skillet on offense especially is unrivaled right now. He is better then majority of the point guards of the league interms of playmaking let alone at the SG.

ronnymac
11-07-2014, 11:59 PM

Hardens defense has improved. He dosent get beat off the dribble anymore and actually concentrate on the team defensive end. Much better 1 on 1 and much better on team defense.

UK2K
11-08-2014, 12:35 AM
Rockets are what I call a season team. Come playoff time they suuuuuuuuuuuck. I'd like to see em face up against the clippers or golden state. But lets be honest spurs or okc gonna whoop em anyways:rolleyes:

Houston has won 6 in a row over the Spurs...

Id be much more concerned playing LAC or GSW.

Milbuck
11-08-2014, 12:39 AM

Houston swept the Spurs in the regular season last year. But they would've been destroyed by SA in the playoffs.

Keep denying that Houston is a regular season team. I'm loving the optimism from all you Rockets fans. Makes all the April meltdowns that much more entertaining.

JebronLames
11-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Harden is playing All NBA defense right now.

Mr Exlax
11-08-2014, 12:53 AM

They'd chew us up in the playoffs. Gotta remember just how crucial coaching becomes during the playoffs. It's when the great coaches earn their paychecks.

Mr Exlax
11-08-2014, 12:54 AM
Houston swept the Spurs in the regular season last year. But they would've been destroyed by SA in the playoffs.

Keep denying that Houston is a regular season team. I'm loving the optimism from all you Rockets fans. Makes all the April meltdowns that much more entertaining.

I actually agree with something you typed. Must not be as dumb as you seem. Then again, a broke clock is right twice a day.

ABfor3
11-08-2014, 03:27 AM

Cool story, let me know when the Bucks are actually relevant.

UK2K
11-08-2014, 03:33 AM

You're right, despite Houston winning six in a row against the same team, you KNOW Houston would have lost to them in the playoffs?

:coleman:

ABfor3
11-08-2014, 03:33 AM
Pshh whatever man.

Your post just proves how valuable Harden is, he handles the offensive load for the Rockets. Klay has Steph Curry who is the best shooter in the league right now, one of the best all time already so he always requires attention..Rockets dont have a perimeter player like that so teams almost always double team Harden and yet he still finds ways to score and finds his teammates. Hardens basketball IQ at least on the offensive side is among the best, he knows when to shoot, knows when to drive, knows when to pass and who exactly to pass it to. Im sorry Klay is having a great year shooting the ball, but thats literally all he does is shoots the ball. Give me Harden alll day, he gets it done in so many ways.

Leroy Jetson
11-08-2014, 04:59 AM
Second round tops, it's November, calm down, lots of season left.

Lebron23
11-08-2014, 05:08 AM
It's still early. But they are a much better this season compared to last season.