PDA

View Full Version : if Kobe leads the league in scoring ( anything over 41% like AI ) he's the new GOAT

kennethgriffin
11-07-2014, 11:47 PM
26 year old iverson numbers by a guy in his 48th nba season at age 75

people gave iverson a pass

why?

physically he wasnt as equal to most nba players

well?

neither is kobe

kobe bryant has the body of a ****ing ymca middle aged cancer patient

him shooting absolutely anything close to a prime MVP is amazing

IF any other guy under 7 feet in nba history was forced to take 24+ shots a game in their 19th season ( 90% of them contested ) ... they wouldnt come close to anything over 40%

would be in the 15-25% range

if kobe takes this scoring title home. i'm bumping jordan/kareem from my goat status and placing the mamba as the new king

forget waiting for the all time scoring record... this is it

even without the injury that ended isiah thomas's career in a heart beat. it would still be that impressive. but adding the injury makes it that much greater

dubeta
11-07-2014, 11:50 PM
tldr

2/5

kobe's fmvp ratio

Eric Cartman
11-07-2014, 11:55 PM
tldr

2/5

kobe's fmvp ratio

What does Lebron's finals record have to do with anything? :confusedshrug:

DCL
11-08-2014, 07:23 AM
You get a pass if you play like that lead the team to the finals.

no pass when lose every game like kobe.

NZStreetBaller
11-08-2014, 07:28 AM
no. if kobe magically wins an NBA title then he's undoubtedly the GOAT. i thought this board sucked kenneth.

T_L_P
11-08-2014, 07:28 AM
:oldlol:

ImKobe
11-08-2014, 07:35 AM
AI had worse scoring seasons during his prime...

27.6 ppg on 41% shooting (24 shots a game), followed by 26.4 ppg on 39% shooting (23 shots a game)...

Current Kobe is putting up 27.6 ppg on 41% shooting, and he's only 5 games into the season and is still getting in shape...

As much as people compare Kobe to Wizards MJ, MJ had all the shots to take on a similarly bad lottery team without any pressure of making the POS or anything, and he needed 22 shots a game for 22.9 ppg...and he ain't had no achilles tear or knee fracture, less mileage.

People are using Kobe's amount of FGA's to downplay him, when in reality it shows how great he still is. He's taken so many shots, and like 90% of them are literally long 2s with a defender in his grill, 37 shots, playing 44 minutes while playing an uptempo game....y'all have no clue how much stamina that takes. Kobe is not human.

SpanishACB
11-08-2014, 07:35 AM
if you're the goat, you win games

player stans (regular fanboys, just like justin bieber or michael jackson fanboys), have just forced themselves into relevance by creating this magical world where individual stats mean shit.

Kobe has a bad team? No problem. If he and his fanboys so much insist in him being considered a GOAT, he better start figuring out how to win games with those guys. And that might include shooting over 55%. But he can't do shit other than jack shots all night, and plenty of them fall because he's that good of a lights out shooter. But that's an irrelevant skill in the grand scheme of things. He's a team cancer, that needs a bunch of right to win. Including goat coach and players with higher IQ than him (gasol, fisher...)

Kobe is not a fighter, that's a myth. Guy has quit on his team before the season started. It's all excuses. Look what Lebron did with those old Cavaliers, if Kobe can't figure out how to at least get to playoffs with this team, simply but, he's not that great.

There's more than 100 players in the NBA that would score more taking the same amount of shots.

SwayDizzle
11-08-2014, 07:41 AM
if you're the goat, you win games

player stans (regular fanboys, just like justin bieber or michael jackson fanboys), have just forced themselves into relevance by creating this magical world where individual stats mean shit.

Kobe has a bad team? No problem. If he and his fanboys so much insist in him being considered a GOAT, he better start figuring out how to win games with those guys. And that might include shooting over 55%. But he can't do shit other than jack shots all night, and plenty of them fall because he's that good of a lights out shooter. But that's an irrelevant skill in the grand scheme of things. He's a team cancer, that needs a bunch of right to win. Including goat coach and players with higher IQ than him (gasol, fisher...)

Kobe is not a fighter, that's a myth. Guy has quit on his team before the season started. It's all excuses. Look what Lebron did with those old Cavaliers, if Kobe can't figure out how to at least get to playoffs with this team, simply but, he's not that great.

There's more than 100 players in the NBA that would score more taking the same amount of shots.
you're insane if you think Fisher and Gasol have a higher IQ than Kobe. Kobe has one of the greatest basketball minds in the history of the game.

SpanishACB
11-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Kobe has one of the greatest basketball minds in the history of the game.

You underrate the power of knowledge then. I don't blame you thought since you're most likely inexperienced with the term.

With knowledge alone, assuming he's a GOAT in that aspect of the game like you claim, he should be able to win games, since he's allowed to even coach. But he doesn't. One is only as smart as he shows he is.

And he's showing to be a retarded basketball player. If we assume the goal is to win and not to qualify to some arbitrary all time scoring list aware of the fact most fans of the sport give that more importance than actual winning.

He's the perfect NBA player, I'll give you that. Because taking shit shots is a skill in America.

SwayDizzle
11-08-2014, 07:58 AM
You underrate the power of knowledge then. I don't blame you thought since you're most likely inexperienced with the term.

With knowledge alone, assuming he's a GOAT in that aspect of the game like you claim, he should be able to win games, since he's allowed to even coach. But he doesn't. One is only as smart as he shows he is.

And he's showing to be a retarded basketball player. If we assume the goal is to win and not to qualify to some arbitrary all time scoring list aware of the fact most fans of the sport give that more importance than actual winning.

He's the perfect NBA player, I'll give you that. Because taking shit shots is a skill in America.
he will find a way to win games with this team. I agree he hasn't figured it out yet; it takes some time to adjust. this is an inexperienced Lakers team. you seem like the instant gratification type. Kobe cares more about winning games than his PPG and FG%.

Asiantastic
11-08-2014, 08:09 AM
If the Lakers weren't 0-5, his stats would be more valued....

But they're 0-5, thus he's seen as Chuckbe.

ImKobe
11-08-2014, 08:36 AM

They don't have the talent to be a Playoff team in the deep West and they've faced tough teams so far in the first 5 games of the season...it's just a 5-game losing stretch...even Playoff teams/contenders have those...

Kobe's doing the best he can to put his team in a position to win. He is a smart player when he wants to be, right now he's just playing with a lot of emotion (anger), and he's going to be chucking up jump shots when he sees that the rest of the team can't score for shit...

Watch the damn games...The Clippers one is a perfect example. Kobe didn't shoot much at all, I think took 1 shot in the entire 3rd quarter and the team was winning, he was playing team ball and it was working for them. Now comes the 4th, where team offense is no longer working as well (but still decent), because guys aren't hitting all their shots plus they are affected on the other end as Blake Griffin abuses them, Clippers keep scoring at a high pace the Lakers don't keep up with....Kobe sees it ain't working and the team needs him to take those shots, because if the defense isn't giving you anything easy and guys are tired, Kobe's their best option to take their tough shots.

Kobe shooting a lot of shots at this age just shows how limited the team is on the offensive end. When guys are fatigued/don't look good, they automatically defer to Kobe and he does his thing. So far it's been 5 games of basically the same thing, better times are still ahead for now.

I see Kobe distributing more as the season goes on (When Young returns), you'll probably see him play the point a lot more and J-lin will be a spot-up 3pt shooter the rest of the way, because he's a damn role player, no way is that scrub going to run the offense any longer when Kobe can do it better (2012-13 season, winning 70% of their games when Kobe was slotted in as a PG).

sportjames23
11-08-2014, 08:55 AM

why?

well?

neither is kobe

IF any other guy under 7 feet in nba history was forced to take 24+ shots a game in their 19th season ( 90% of them contested ) ... they wouldnt come close to anything over 40%

if kobe takes this scoring title home. i'm bumping jordan/kareem from my goat status and placing the mamba as the new king

even without the injury that ended isiah thomas's career in a heart beat. it would still be that impressive. but adding the injury makes it that much greater

1) I thought your dumb ass was quitting this place?

2) Kobe shooting 41% would make him GOAT? :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2014, 09:50 AM
lol, he contacted Jeff and Jeff got this thread back from the dead?

Cmon Jeff

iamgine
11-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Sure he'll be the GOAT in OP's mind.

HurricaneKid
11-08-2014, 11:09 AM
you're insane if you think Fisher and Gasol have a higher IQ than Kobe. Kobe has one of the greatest basketball minds in the history of the game.

One of two things is the case.

Either Kobe has a terrible BBIQ (which EVERYONE seems to believe outside of the stans)

Or...

He is the most selfish playerof the last 50 years.

Its got to be one or the other.

dunksby
11-08-2014, 11:39 AM
If the Lakers weren't 0-5, his stats would be more valued....

But they're 0-5, thus he's seen as Chuckbe.
Lakers better get a win, even the depleted ass Thunder have one.

SwayDizzle
11-08-2014, 11:42 AM
One of two things is the case.

Either Kobe has a terrible BBIQ (which EVERYONE seems to believe outside of the stans)

Or...

He is the most selfish playerof the last 50 years.

Its got to be one or the other.
He is the most selfish player

Rake2204
11-08-2014, 11:42 AM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/092011/reverse-1316194281_bystanders_rescue_man_from_under_burnin g_car.gif

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-08-2014, 11:50 AM

Great post. In terms of volume scoring, Kobe is up there w/ some of the absolute best. His scoring skillz are just a faction of the game though.

TBH, I have always thought Kobe's bbiq was overrated. Guy has the worst shot selection and defensive positioning of anyone I have ever seen.

Well, there's Jamal Crawford too. :lol

Asukal
11-08-2014, 12:04 PM
OP's idiocy on full display once again. :applause:

SouBeachTalents
11-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Lol, I love the "logic" behind the OP. So you currently have Kobe ranked behind the likes or Jordan & Kareem, but just one season of him shooting 41% on a playoff-less team is going to propel him to GOAT. Not another championship, All-NBA selection, MVP/Finals MVP, or even a winning record, but chucking bad shots on a garbage team, THAT's GOAT worthy material :roll:

DatAsh
11-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Lol, I love the "logic" behind the OP. So you currently have Kobe ranked behind the likes or Jordan & Kareem, but just one season of him shooting 41% on a playoff-less team is going to propel him to GOAT. Not another championship, All-NBA selection, MVP/Finals MVP, or even a winning record, but chucking bad shots on a garbage team, THAT's GOAT worthy material :roll:

I feel like the OP will think up any excuse to justify Kobe as the GOAT in his mind. Kobe at the top of the OP's list is inevitable, it's only a matter of time.

Cobra Kai
11-08-2014, 02:58 PM
If Kobe has one, JUST one, 50pt game this year, it will make him undoubtely the GOAT, bar none.

bdreason
11-08-2014, 03:04 PM
AI was winning games.

T_L_P
11-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Also, nothing a 19th year player does can make them GOAT.

Your prime impact is 90% of your legacy. Kobe's prime didn't make a top 3 OAT impact. So one extra 'scoring' year doesn't catapult him however many places he needs to be to become GOAT.

DonDadda59
11-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Flawless logic :applause:

BigTicket
11-08-2014, 03:15 PM
If you're well below average in scoring efficiency, you should be taking fewer shots, not more shots.

GrapeApe
11-08-2014, 03:23 PM
What does AI have to do with anything? Since when did one of the most notorious chuckers in NBA history become the standard for a GOAT argument? I'm failing to see the connection.

rhowen4
11-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Unhealthy obsession. Welcome back.

Cobra Kai
11-08-2014, 03:38 PM
If Kobe averages more ppg than 28 year old TMac then:

Kobe>>>>>Jordan/Kareem

GOAT

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

chris02jammers
11-08-2014, 03:41 PM

why?

well?

neither is kobe

goat chucker goat ball hog, get a life, go fcuk your self... go out and get laid

Micku
11-08-2014, 04:28 PM
If Kobe averages more ppg than 28 year old TMac then:

Kobe>>>>>Jordan/Kareem

GOAT

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/xavier8200/tmac.gif

Doranku
11-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Are people really surprised that the Lakers are 0-5? They started out the season playing 4 games in 5 nights against the Rockets, Clippers, Warriors, and Suns.

konex
11-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Are people really surprised that the Lakers are 0-5? They started out the season playing 4 games in 5 nights against the Rockets, Clippers, Warriors, and Suns.

We really should have won that Clippers game :banghead:

DMAVS41
11-08-2014, 06:05 PM
I don't see the big deal here.

Why wouldn't a pretty healthy looking Kobe be able to score 27 points on 25 shots or whatever he is doing right now? The rules now are almost exclusively set up for wings/guards to score in this era of the NBA.

Also, Kobe exerts pretty much 0 energy on defense as well at this point...aside from the handful of plays a game he deems meaningful.

Not surprised at all. Kobe at age 45 would be able to get 25 a game on 25 shots if the rules stayed the same.

SugarHill
11-08-2014, 11:32 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/092011/reverse-1316194281_bystanders_rescue_man_from_under_burnin g_car.gif
:roll:

dunksby
11-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Underrated gif :applause:

kennethgriffin
11-09-2014, 01:16 PM
did jeff spank RMWG or something LOL

wtf is this doing back up and why am i unbanned

date ban will be lifted - Never

are things finally gonna go back to normal around here? the power tripping is over?

:confusedshrug:

Dragonyeuw
11-09-2014, 04:56 PM

:oldlol: The entertainment value is through the roof though....