PDA

View Full Version : Dion Waiters informs NEOMG that he is a Muslim and plans to skip national anthems

Take Your Lumps
11-07-2014, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE]DENVER, Colo.

waseem780
11-07-2014, 11:55 PM
ok so

tpols
11-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Why can't a Muslim sing the United States anthem?

SupermanOnSteroids
11-08-2014, 01:45 AM
because islam has declared a jihad against US. Death to America! ALALALALLALALALLALALLALALALLA!!!

bdreason
11-08-2014, 02:14 AM
7/1/1 on 32/66%.

shadow
11-08-2014, 02:31 AM
Huh? Is this a weird offshoot sect thing or something that he follows? I know a ton of orthodox muslims, being one myself, we always stand for the national anthem out of respect. It's our country.

Batz
11-08-2014, 03:00 AM
Don't think he has a clue what he's doing. Just wants to make a statement.

AirTupac
11-08-2014, 03:02 AM
He has every right not to stand for the national anthem.. there's this thing called freedom of speech in murica right?

Thing with Waiters though..

http://i.imgur.com/apsgBKZ.jpg

Dude has tats all over.. 100 times more egregious in Islam (self-inflicting.. drawing on your body). Seems like a weak excuse imo.

Yeah thats the funny part. :oldlol:

oarabbus
11-08-2014, 03:30 AM
He has every right not to stand for the national anthem.. there's this thing called freedom of speech in murica right?

Thing with Waiters though..

http://i.imgur.com/apsgBKZ.jpg

Dude has tats all over.. 100 times more egregious in Islam (self-inflicting.. drawing on your body). Seems like a weak excuse imo.

:roll: Come on now Waiters

Lebron23
11-08-2014, 04:47 AM
who cares? Dude sucks. He's a wannabee Chris Jackson.

MadeFromDust
11-08-2014, 07:43 AM
I would say he has a right not to participate but I'd also have to wish him "well in all his future endeavors" and tell him to GTFO

Just like a Jewish person or Christian has every right in court not to "solemnly swear" on the very book that commands you not to swear by anything in Heaven or earth. Imagine if people started practicing that part of their faith? The amount of contempt charges and jail time that would follow would be almost comical

nathanjizzle
11-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Doesnt make sense. He might be one of those black guys that hates america

Dresta
11-08-2014, 08:45 AM
This. Apparently he's a citizen of his own country of Muslims in America.

What a ****ing bellend. He doesn't have to sing any national anthem, but is it not a requirement for players to at least be on the court for it? Otherwise other guys might as well not bother coming on the court until after the anthem as well, you know, particularly the guys who aren't even American (unlike Waiters).

wakencdukest
11-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Just lost what little respect I had for Waiters. What an asshole.

Patrick Chewing
11-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Son of a bitch.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Not sure what being Muslim has to do w/ (not)singing the national anthem. Guy sounds like an attention-seeking dullard.

wakencdukest
11-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Not sure what being Muslim has to do w/ (not)signing the national anthem. Guy sounds like an attention-seeking dullard.

Guaranteed there is nothing in the Koran about listening to a national anthem. He just has a shitty attitude and is trying to make some kind of statement.

imdaman99
11-08-2014, 11:42 AM
I think he has a right not to stand if he feels he shouldn't, but personally I have no problem with the National Anthem.

I didn't feel this way when I was forced to recite it back in elementary school, but in retrospect they shouldn't have made us recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning before class. It's whatever, I have never made a big deal of this stuff.

Patrick Chewing
11-08-2014, 11:56 AM
I think he has a right not to stand if he feels he shouldn't, but personally I have no problem with the National Anthem.

I didn't feel this way when I was forced to recite it back in elementary school, but in retrospect they shouldn't have made us recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning before class. It's whatever, I have never made a big deal of this stuff.

I think there's something definitely wrong if you cannot take pride in the country you were born/live in.

There's no sense of Nationalism any more with some people. You may not agree with its policies, but it's still home. The National Anthem is separate from whatever current administration is in power. Stand up. Show respect. Play ball.

Inactive
11-08-2014, 12:05 PM

I didn't feel this way when I was forced to recite it back in elementary school, but in retrospect they shouldn't have made us recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning before class. It's whatever, I have never made a big deal of this stuff.Why not?

imdaman99
11-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Why not?
http://www.norensberg.net/images/pledge2.gif
If there is a word that can be controversial, it's the word God. I am not Hindu, but they do not believe in 1 God. I am not an atheist either (odds are not many are in elementary school) and they don't believe in a God. I know the general premise is loyalty to the US, and I'm all for that but they do not have to include the G word. But it's nothing to get offended by, I know I'm not. It was just something they should revise if every kid had to recite it in the beginning of the day.

navy
11-08-2014, 01:25 PM
This is a fake news rumor and Dion was present during the anthem.

THe fact that people care though.

waseem780
11-08-2014, 01:37 PM
America are bastards and you don't need to be Muslim to be against devils

and this is fake anyways Waiters said on twitter that its not true

Andrew Wiggins
11-08-2014, 01:38 PM

yet you presumably live in the us, mostly have friends that are american, participate in all aspects of american culture, and live a much better life than the shithole you left? :lol

KNOW1EDGE
11-08-2014, 01:57 PM
He is such a diva.

I've never been a fan of his.

Inactive
11-08-2014, 02:15 PM
If there is a word that can be controversial, it's the word God. I am not Hindu, but they do not believe in 1 God. I am not an atheist either (odds are not many are in elementary school) and they don't believe in a God. I know the general premise is loyalty to the US, and I'm all for that but they do not have to include the G word. But it's nothing to get offended by, I know I'm not. It was just something they should revise if every kid had to recite it in the beginning of the day.I don't like the "under God" part either, but I think the rest of it is good.

It seems to me that forcing children to affirm the existence of God (not sure how else the "under God" bit is to be interpreted) would be a subversion of the U.S constitution; a violation of the freedoms guaranteed to all citizens, and thus contradicted by the oath itself. But I'm pretty sure no one is actually forced to say the pledge. You can omit any part of it, or decline to recite it at all.

Patrick Chewing
11-08-2014, 02:25 PM

Shut up ******. With a handle like Waseem, no doubt that's your first name, so no doubt you worship that devil death cult religion.

waseem780
11-08-2014, 02:40 PM
yet you presumably live in the us, mostly have friends that are american, participate in all aspects of american culture, and live a much better life than the shithole you left? :lol
Lol im just tryna piss of Patrick Chewing

knickballer
11-08-2014, 03:37 PM
I doubt Waiters has a club about Islam and is probably just one of those wannabe Malcom X/Black Panther type of followers. He's just seeking attention

Nanners
11-08-2014, 03:39 PM
https://twitter.com/dionwaiters3/status/531087999287558144

Lol I wasn't going to even say anything about the situation but whoever made that up about me & the national anthem is a damn lie....

I can't believe yall believe everything yall hear smh I guess ppl listen to anything now a days!!! I love everything about America!!!!!!!

I'm not here to entertain nobody but come on now I'm always out there for the national anthem if they gone write BS make sure it's correct.

I'm logging back off but the media need something to tlk about smh I just had to address the problem... Dnt believe that BS!!!

sweggeh
11-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Shaquille O'Neal is Muslim and always stood for the anthems, same with Rasheed Wallace, Hakeem Olajuwon, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Larry Johnson, etc. I believe Waiters that this whole thing is a lie.