PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bledsoe is terrible and the Suns look terrible

masonanddixon
11-08-2014, 12:47 AM
They should have never resigned him and instead gotten an elite big man to work with Goran.

livingby3's
11-08-2014, 01:07 AM
Not like he would have came over to the Suns, but I would have tried offering Bosh.
Dragic Green Tucker Bosh Plumlee would have been such a great balance.

That said, Suns were not attracting big names FA, and Bledsoe was that one guy that the Suns saw with great potential and was readily available. I was against signing Bled as well but he's still young n could very well gets better. Once the Suns clear some of their guards and sign a reliable big, along with the development of Len n Bledsoe, they will be good.

masonanddixon
11-08-2014, 01:11 AM
Not like he would have came over to the Suns, but I would have tried offering Bosh.
Dragic Green Tucker Bosh Plumlee would have been such a great balance.

That said, Suns were not attracting big names FA, and Bledsoe was that one guy that the Suns saw with great potential and was readily available. I was against signing Bled as well but he's still young n could very well gets better. Once the Suns clear some of their guards and sign a reliable big, along with the development of Len n Bledsoe, they will be good.

He might be chronologically young but he has two bad knees, a shitty basketball IQ, and takes away from the team's best player.

Suns aren't picking up from where they left off last season at all

JimmyMcAdocious
11-08-2014, 01:11 AM
How much is it because Dragic isn't playing that well? Not exactly a super talented team and he was All-NBA last season. Wonder if it's because the amount of depth rotating.

Tho the last few minutes of the 4th and the OTs are the only minutes I have watched the Suns this season. Maybe he's just come down to Earth or he's in a little slump.

bigkingsfan
11-08-2014, 01:13 AM
Two scoring PG is a recipe for disaster, and now you add IT to the mix.

livingby3's
11-08-2014, 01:15 AM
They're professionals, but you would think that Zoran not getting into the rotation after all that double dragon shit affects Goran's game a little.

Im Still Ballin
11-08-2014, 01:16 AM
They need to do a deal of some sorts, trade one of them, get someone like Greg Monroe who can provide that legit low post threat

sfballa13
11-08-2014, 01:18 AM
Suns should have paid Frye

Similar to when Billups was replaced by Iverson, talent really didnt get worse but team fell apart bc Billups was key in keeping the engine running smoothly

no more spacing provided from Frye = disaster for the Suns

Their record is also pretty misleading. Suns really only have 1 win. Two of their victories came against a terrible Lakers team.

The Sting
11-08-2014, 01:27 AM
14 TOs past two games. Lol at this dude

masonanddixon
11-08-2014, 01:29 AM
14 TOs past two games. Lol at this dude

He's terrible. I also hate this shit where there's 3 PGs all expecting to bring the ball up the floor.

Rondooooooooooo
11-08-2014, 01:31 AM
Suns should have paid Frye

Similar to when Billups was replaced by Iverson, talent really didnt get worse but team fell apart bc Billups was key in keeping the engine running smoothly

no more spacing provided from Frye = disaster for the Suns

Their record is also pretty misleading. Suns really only have 1 win. Two of their victories came against a terrible Lakers team.

no, they shouldnt have paid frye, letting frye go was one of the best things they have done. Suns dont need another 3 point shooter on the floor, and that was all he was good for. The suns need a legit big man. They tried for Monroe, thats why negotiations with Bledsoe took so long. Hopefully they can package up bledsoe and another player for a big man

Pushxx
11-08-2014, 03:08 AM
no, they shouldnt have paid frye, letting frye go was one of the best things they have done. Suns dont need another 3 point shooter on the floor, and that was all he was good for. The suns need a legit big man. They tried for Monroe, thats why negotiations with Bledsoe took so long. Hopefully they can package up bledsoe and another player for a big man

Channing may not be good for much else, but he's a very good shooter. He took ~6 threes per game at a fair percentage...that's pretty important to an offense.

Suns don't have nearly the floor spacing this year in their games. Their only good shooters are their ball handlers.

Channing had been a key cog of Phoenix for a while. He fit well.

imnew09
11-08-2014, 03:23 AM
Suns are stupid thats why they never win sh*t even with Prime Nash + Amare.

3 fken LEGIT STARTING PGS on the same team :facepalm

Give one to the Lakers or something :cry:

livingby3's
11-08-2014, 03:48 AM
Channing may not be good for much else, but he's a very good shooter. He took ~6 threes per game at a fair percentage...that's pretty important to an offense.

Suns don't have nearly the floor spacing this year in their games. Their only good shooters are their ball handlers.

Channing had been a key cog of Phoenix for a while. He fit well.

He did fit well, but he wasn't part of the Suns plan moving forward. Which I believe Green too, is not going to stay after his last season with the Suns.

It's true that the Suns thrive on the floor spacing of Frye and Green, with Dragic kicking it out to them most of last season while Bledsoe was out. But Markieff, though doesn't have quite the reputation Frye had, is more than capable to hit a couple of threes himself. And then we got Marcus who's a better three point shooter, who also logs minutes at the four when Horny goes small.

Markieff playing the role of a starter first time in his career. Given time to become comfortable with his role, I'm sure he can become a part time reliable stretch 4 in Horny's system. And imo he's a better all around player than Frye.

I feel there's a need for them to try to move Green to open up the playtime for Zoran n Goodwin. And if they can bring along a big in that deal, it should create a great balance.
I'm sure the Suns themselves are working on it as we speak. When the opportunity presents itself, even if it takes one of Bled or Thomas for a deal to happen, you just have to do it. There's no balance within the team right now.

Also Warren is a nice player who we have to try to develop. Don't get me wrong I loved Green all season for how much he contributed, and I was even on the side to keep Green and rid the team of Bledsoe, but at this point he's the one man who's taking up playtime for young players worth developing like Archie n TJ

UK2K
11-08-2014, 03:50 AM
The Suns are like random AI teams on 2k.

You can trade them a solid starter at a given position, even if they have one already there, they still make the trade and then suck afterwards.

hawksdogsbraves
11-08-2014, 04:13 AM
Is it any surprise that building a team around 3 PG's is going to fail miserably?

Have you not watched the NBA EVER??

Enjoy the 10 seed Phoenix, you will have an 'exciting' team for the next 3 years I guess :facepalm

Lebron23
11-08-2014, 05:45 AM
Suns needs to trade him before the trading deadline. Thomas is a better player than him, and the suns best player.

Rondooooooooooo
11-08-2014, 05:54 AM
I'm more intrigued by the suns this year than boston, and we really need to move bledsoe or thomas. I like Plumlee, and green is our main point of scoring, so it makes no sense having bledsoe/goran/thomas, especially with goran being in a contract year.

nerds
11-08-2014, 07:06 AM
IT got his first taste of riding the bench for the Suns today

Lakers need to package a deal and land IT ASAP for both their sakes

IT and the Suns do not mix

andremiller07
11-08-2014, 08:03 AM
Suns needs to trade him before the trading deadline. Thomas is a better player than him, and the suns best player.
Thomas is not a better player than Bledsoe, I don't understand why people overrate him on here, I have watched him since he came into the NBA and he's only good for scoring and nothing else which means he's a sixth man with a shit attitude where he thinks he's better than what he is.

The Suns acting like it was a "steal" to get him are stupid, there's a reason the Kings let him go after putting up 20 and 6 and there's also a reason they let Tyreke go for guys who were supposed to be "lesser" players like Darren Collison (who is actually a beast).

Thomas is a great 6th man but he refuses to accept the role and a lot of the time ruins chemistry but his efficient chucking. His defense overall is beyond pitiful as well.

chocolatethunder
11-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Thomas is not a better player than Bledsoe, I don't understand why people overrate him on here, I have watched him since he came into the NBA and he's only good for scoring and nothing else which means he's a sixth man with a shit attitude where he thinks he's better than what he is.

The Suns acting like it was a "steal" to get him are stupid, there's a reason the Kings let him go after putting up 20 and 6 and there's also a reason they let Tyreke go for guys who were supposed to be "lesser" players like Darren Collison (who is actually a beast).

Thomas is a great 6th man but he refuses to accept the role and a lot of the time ruins chemistry but his efficient chucking. His defense overall is beyond pitiful as well.
100% truth. Everyone on this thread needs to read this post over and over.

Also, Bledsoe is kinda trash and so overrated. Should a never resigned him.

mrpibb
11-09-2014, 05:31 AM

Their offensive rating with him on the floor was 120, and 107 with him off the floor last year. The defensive rating stayed the same. Now the Suns are struggling this year and it's supposed to be because of Bledsoe? GTFOH.

Al Thornton
11-09-2014, 06:13 AM

having confidence is a good thing. it's probably the reason he is even in the league. the kings are a bad organization that has made dumb moves for most of the past 10 years. letting thomas go is definitely one of them if u consider how little he actually got paid.

Im Still Ballin
11-09-2014, 06:22 AM
having confidence is a good thing. it's probably the reason he is even in the league. the kings are a bad organization that has made dumb moves for most of the past 10 years. letting thomas go is definitely one of them if u consider how little he actually got paid.
The Maloofs ****ed with the team pretty much post Adelman, always looking to move them to Anaheim/Seattle/etc

From 99-2006 or so they were considered one of the best organizations. Playoffs for 8 or so years straight.

MJ(Mean John)
11-09-2014, 06:54 AM
Yup. Suns should Trade Bledsoe to the Lakers for Nash's expiring Contract, the removal of the top 5 protection, and we will throw in a second round pick, and Houston's First Rounder and Boozer and Ryan Kelly or Robert Sacre. That gives them a big

JohnMax
11-09-2014, 07:38 AM
Dragic stans hate Bledsoe because he interferes with his stats

Xover
11-09-2014, 08:21 AM
http://accountancysage.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/assets.jpg

Springsteen
11-09-2014, 09:30 AM
I always thought re-signing him to that huge deal was a mistake after they decided to bring in Isiah Thomas. 5 freaking point guards? Has Zoran even played?

They should trade either him or Isiah along with possibly Ennis at the deadline if they're still not getting it together.

CelticBaller
11-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Suns are idiots