PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Griffin's rebounding?

konex
11-08-2014, 05:55 PM
It's like it gets worse every year. under 7rpg for an athletic PF? :confusedshrug:

MP.Trey
11-08-2014, 06:20 PM
He loses interest in it from time to time. It's one of his biggest weaknesses, both his effort on D and on the boards. As well as the fact that he's sticking around on the perimeter and settling for the jumper a lot this season, leaving him out of position for offensive boards and putbacks. He can be an elite rebounder with his mind set, but he's too focused on shouldering the load offensively to be that big presence on the boards.

Amar'e_Juwanna
11-08-2014, 06:22 PM
griffin dribble gifs

navy
11-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Last year he was at 9.5. His rebounding "decline" is directly related to De andres rise.

This has been bad but it is too early to tell if it will last.

KyleKong
11-08-2014, 06:27 PM
When DeAndre Jordan is leading the league in rebounds of course Blake's rebounding is going to go down you ****ing silly goose.

Genaro
11-08-2014, 06:30 PM
He's not attacking the boards like he should.
On defense he constantly leaks out and on offense he nows thinks he's Dirk so he's not around the rim anyway.

LoneyROY7
11-08-2014, 07:06 PM
He's becoming David West.

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Inbf Griffin averages new career high 12 RPG

LoneyROY7
11-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Inbf Griffin averages new career high 12 RPG

I'll settle for 9 at this point.

RoseCity07
11-08-2014, 07:14 PM
He's becoming David West.

I was thinking this yesterday about the Clippers. The remind me of the Hornets with young Cp3. Griffin is better than West, but Jordan is a little bit worse than Chandler.

The teams are very similar I think. You got those big 3 and surrounded by shooters.

SexSymbol
11-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Griffin is trying to play SF.

HomieWeMajor
11-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Can't get rebounds when you're at half court ready for the lob or shooting step back fadeaways from just inside the 3 point line.

LoneyROY7
11-08-2014, 07:20 PM
I was thinking this yesterday about the Clippers. The remind me of the Hornets with young Cp3. Griffin is better than West, but Jordan is a little bit worse than Chandler.

The teams are very similar I think. You got those big 3 and surrounded by shooters.

The LAST thing we f*cking need is Griffin becoming David West.

He became an all-around beast last season. Just because he's improved his jumper doesn't mean the rest of his game should regress.

CavaliersFTW
11-08-2014, 07:30 PM
One of the rare players that get progressively worse every season of their career. If you chart his stats on a linear curve throughout his career, in 5 years he'll basically be out of the league.

alenleomessi
11-08-2014, 07:33 PM
One of the rare players that get progressively worse every season of their career. If you chart his stats on a linear curve throughout his career, in 5 years he'll basically be out of the league.
How come he was 3rd in MVP voting last season then?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-08-2014, 07:39 PM
It's because it becomes that much harder to get rebounds when you actually play defense. Look at bosh. That's why someone like Dwight is so valuable.

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2014, 07:50 PM

Are you trolling again or actually serious?

Blake had his best year last season.

Fiasco
11-08-2014, 07:56 PM
He was never going to average 12 rebounds again after DJ blew up. That's just how the game works.

Pretty sure he's got some stomach virus afflicting him right now. Could also be a result poor conditioning coming back from that fracture, or a combination of both.

Wouldn't worry about anything until January.

(I'm fairly excited konex made this thread tbh)

LilEddyCurry
11-08-2014, 08:57 PM
His best season was last year... :coleman:

dubeta
11-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Hmm interesting theory

Also, if you chart Wilt's playoff performance progressively from round to round, hypothetically if there was a 6th round in the playoffs his stats would be:

0/0/0

tgan3
11-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Rebounding isn't entirely about jumping high, its more technique and positioning.
Look at Zach Randolph, he isn't really a jumper. Rodman arguably best rebounder of all time doesn't have jaw dropping jumping abilities either.

KDthunderup
11-08-2014, 09:49 PM
Rebounding isn't entirely about jumping high, its more technique and positioning.
Look at Zach Randolph, he isn't really a jumper. Rodman arguably best rebounder of all time doesn't have jaw dropping jumping abilities either.
Also hand size and strength. If I recall Griffin doesn't have massive hands compared to most NBA pf's an c's.

qrich
11-09-2014, 02:33 AM
Last year was due to the emergence of DeAndre.

This year, dude has become David West part duex, no interest in crashing the glass, or even playing near the paint. Rather shoot 10-16 footers. Playing more man defense, and less roaming, also plays a part.

Biggums
11-09-2014, 05:47 AM
Nikka have you seen him dribble? F*ck rebounds :yaohappy:

Al Thornton
11-09-2014, 05:57 AM
his game has changed a lot. when he was younger he was in the paint entire game. now he is shooting jumpers, leading the break, guarding 3 point shooting 4s. also dj grabs all the uncontested rebounds. still should be getting more since the team rebounds so badly. it's the main point of emphasis as a team so u should expect him to get to 10 a game.

bdreason
11-09-2014, 06:00 AM

Blake was the best he's ever been last season.

SugarHill
11-09-2014, 06:04 AM
Hmm interesting theory

Also, if you chart Wilt's playoff performance progressively from round to round, hypothetically if there was a 6th round in the playoffs his stats would be:

0/0/0
:oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-09-2014, 06:07 AM
Blake was the best he's ever been last season.
This. Funny thing is: If Blake was a 60s player (where he would average 60 ppg at least) this guy would be posting videos of his athletic feats calling him the GOAT. This is the guy who compared Gus Johnson's athleticism to LeBron/MJ. :oldlol:

SyRyanYang
11-09-2014, 06:34 AM
ITT: CavFTLose getting exposed for being a huge f@ggot who only jerk off to 60's footage.:lol :lol :lol

senelcoolidge
11-09-2014, 01:47 PM
I don't have to repeat some of the things already mentioned above. I think his rebounding numbers will go up as the season continues. But at the moment he's just being aggressive in the paint like his rookie year. His game has expanded and he's playing a SF/PF hybrid game. He even used to fill in at the center spot. He should stick to his bread and butter which is inside and crashing the boards..than use his jumper as his counter. It seems like he's too in love with the jumper now.

LoneyROY7
11-09-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't have to repeat some of the things already mentioned above. I think his rebounding numbers will go up as the season continues. But at the moment he's just being aggressive in the paint like his rookie year. His game has expanded and he's playing a SF/PF hybrid game. He even used to fill in at the center spot. He should stick to his bread and butter which is inside and crashing the boards..than use his jumper as his counter. It seems like he's too in love with the jumper now.

Great news is that after yesterday's game he was quoted as saying that knows he has to shoot less jumpers and attack more.