PDA

View Full Version : Oprah and Deepak Chopra 21 day meditation challenge

BigBoss
11-08-2014, 08:44 PM
https://chopracentermeditation.com/

Go sign up and give it a try. It's great for newbies. It's already underway but you can start at day 2, as each video is open for streaming for 5 days. The videos are 20 minutes long each are meant to guide you through a meditation session using your headphones.

To all my ISH brothers who want to improve the quality of their life with a very simple technique. To quiet that voice in your head that works against you sometimes and to remove negativity from your life. Give meditation a shot :cheers:

Here's Howard Stern and Jerry Seinfield talking about meditation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPLn1ZgGxos

Here's Deepak Chopra explaining how to meditate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DaVB9lU5DY

Do this for 21 days and you'll feel much more centered and happier. Namaste :rockon:

dude77
11-08-2014, 10:37 PM
good thread .. some of us could use something like this once in a while .. I found a torrent for a 21 day challenge narrated by both but it seems to be different listening to both .. also it was posted in 2013 so I'm guessing this new one is a revised version or a new one altogether ?

BigBoss
11-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Its new but its essentially the same thing. Very good introductory or refresher stuff for those interested in meditation.

Kobe Bryant on meditation

Phil Jackson introduced me to it. When I was 18, Michael Jackson tried to get me to meditate. He could sit in meditation for seven hours. But I couldn’t sit still for 20 minutes.

PG: Michael Jackson?

Kobe: Yeah. “Thriller” Michael Jackson.

PG: When did Phil Jackson come along?

Kobe: His first season with the Lakers was when I was 21. And I dived right into meditation. I always knew the game carried a deeper meaning, more than X’s and O’s and strategy.

Arianna Huffington: Phil Jackson was a pioneer bringing this into sports. He helped give meditation, and other ways to renew ourselves, a legitimacy for businesspeople and macho guys, who tended to identify it with New Age-y, flaky stuff. Suddenly, meditation became performance enhancement, as well as part of the journey of discovery.

Kobe: It’s crazy to me that meditation is viewed as hokey. Just look at the people who’ve done phenomenal things. Do they meditate? Absolutely.

:cheers:

ZeN
11-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Is it rudimentary teaching or something more elaborate?

BigBoss
11-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Is it rudimentary teaching or something more elaborate?

As stated, it's an introduction to meditation and very basic stuff. Oprah and Deepak Chopra give a brief lesson on a new topic and mantra each day. Deepak Chopra then guides you through a meditation session by telling you what to do, then ringing a soft bell to begin and end each meditation session. It's put together very well on their website and is free.

Do you do deep breathing/diaphragm exercises?

waseem780
11-09-2014, 12:28 AM
What mantra should I use?

BigBoss
11-09-2014, 12:33 AM
What mantra should I use?

They provide one for you. Every day is a new one, for a new purpose.

BigBoss
11-09-2014, 12:35 AM
Ok whose the beta stoner who 1 starred this thread :roll:

ZeN
11-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Do you do deep breathing/diaphragm exercises?

I've read up on it and have picked up some yoga techniques. However I don't follow a regimen. I just loosely follow my own deep breathing routine.

ZeN
11-09-2014, 12:50 AM
They provide one for you. Every day is a new one, for a new purpose.
That's why I personally don't want to follow someone else's medative directive. It focuses on what they feel is paramount. While I want to delve into specific aspects that I know I need work on. Mantras being a part of that. Since mantras are subjugation of the subconscious, I'd rather prioritize the type of programming that is taking place.

BigBoss
11-09-2014, 12:57 AM
That's why I personally don't want to follow someone else's medative directive. It focuses on what they feel is paramount. While I want to delve into specific aspects that I know I need work on. Mantras being a part of that. Since mantras are subjugation of the subconscious, I'd rather prioritize the type of programming that is taking place.

It`s just for 21 days. Each topic is so different and they ask you to contemplate on it during the day when you can. Its a semi-formal way of learning meditation the right way for noobies. After the 21 days you`re off to explore it on your own but with the basic skills to meditate the correct way.

I had a lot going on these last few months so I stopped meditating, but this has been a great refresher and a way to re-dedicate myself to it. I plan on meditating twice a day moving forward. How often do you meditate and for how long

ZeN
11-09-2014, 01:09 AM
It`s just for 21 days. Each topic is so different and they ask you to contemplate on it during the day when you can. Its a semi-formal way of learning meditation the right way for noobies. After the 21 days you`re off to explore it on your own but with the basic skills to meditate the correct way.

I had a lot going on these last few months so I stopped meditating, but this has been a great refresher and a way to re-dedicate myself to it. I plan on meditating twice a day moving forward. How often do you meditate and for how long
Yeah I can see the benefits for people that need structure or who are beginning with it.

I meditate twice a day. Once in the morning for 40 minutes and then about 7-8 hours later I meditate another 20 minutes.

Im also attempting to keep mindfulness awake throughout the day. Plus if time allows, I'll throw in a random meditation session like energy mediation or death meditation for 15-20 minutes.

waseem780
11-09-2014, 01:45 AM
I ain't doing this Oprah shit , I just clicked on the link with Chopra talking about meditation.

Lol and Idk if you're indirectly calling me a beta stoner if you think I 1-starred this thread cause I didn't

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Wow two frauds challenging people to 'meditate'. Hilarious

BigBoss
11-09-2014, 02:30 AM

The joke is on you then. Don`t hate meditate!

BigBoss
11-09-2014, 02:35 AM
I ain't doing this Oprah shit , I just clicked on the link with Chopra talking about meditation.

Lol and Idk if you're indirectly calling me a beta stoner if you think I 1-starred this thread cause I didn't

Beta stoner would be a Budadii. Your lungs are too young

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 02:52 AM
The joke is on you then. Don`t hate meditate!

Nothing to hate on, it's all a scam. You can just go to any beach, outdoors area, or evening stroll and appreciate the beauty of the world on your own.

Formal meditation, yoga, and pilates are the biggest scams going right now. That and 'health foods.'

BigBoss
11-09-2014, 04:30 AM
Nothing to hate on, it's all a scam. You can just go to any beach, outdoors area, or evening stroll and appreciate the beauty of the world on your own.

Formal meditation, yoga, and pilates are the biggest scams going right now. That and 'health foods.'

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c2280ed70bb738f0758577ff6d03f70e/tumblr_n4ysbgkSfp1sky7ayo1_500.gif

I won`t get into the spiritual component, but unless you understand that it is a body hack, like stretching a muscle, then you`ll never understand why people meditate.

Analogy. You wake up in the morning and notice your cell phone battery is at 20%. Plugging it in is meditation, 100% charge = what you get out of it. Then you go about your day. You get a feel for when you need to meditate i.e. before an exam, after a bad day, before a job interview, etc. Morning and night being the best times.

I`ll leave it there because its hard to explain to the uninitiated. You sort of just need to try it and have that light bulb moment all on your own.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 05:41 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c2280ed70bb738f0758577ff6d03f70e/tumblr_n4ysbgkSfp1sky7ayo1_500.gif

I won`t get into the spiritual component, but unless you understand that it is a body hack, like stretching a muscle, then you`ll never understand why people meditate.

Analogy. You wake up in the morning and notice your cell phone battery is at 20%. Plugging it in is meditation, 100% charge = what you get out of it. Then you go about your day. You get a feel for when you need to meditate i.e. before an exam, after a bad day, before a job interview, etc. Morning and night being the best times.

I`ll leave it there because its hard to explain to the uninitiated. You sort of just need to try it and have that light bulb moment all on your own.

Thats cool and all. I do my own form of spiritual enlightenment, whatever you want to call it.

These guys like Chopra make a lot of money off their nonsense. It's all directed towards the herd.

Swaggin916
11-09-2014, 07:25 AM

This true and it's also easily accessible (couldn't be any easier). While taking a stroll, going to some park and watching children play, chilling on the beach, etc. might be therapeutic, it's not the same effect as mediation... at least for me. Mediation is a time to soak everything in, let it all go, and recharge with a more relaxed mindset... but without using any energy really. I could go run for an hour and definitely have a more relaxed mindset, but I'd also be pretty exhausted. Taking time to focus on breathing is so essential too I feel because it brings our attention to the most basic of bodily functions and reminds us that see this is all we have to do. Full bellies, full breathing... we're good.

Im Still Ballin
11-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Also

While you are meditating, try sticking your finger up your anus and tickling your prostate. The euphoric sensation will blow your spiritual sensei and send frequencies all throughout your inner chi source.

Unlock your inner potential. Become one with the force.

BigBoss
11-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Thats cool and all. I do my own form of spiritual enlightenment, whatever you want to call it.

These guys like Chopra make a lot of money off their nonsense. It's all directed towards the herd.

Won't lie I hate people who try to make money offering service that should be free i.e. life coaches, the Wayne Dyers, and yes even the Deepak Chopras of this world. They know their audience and they sell them on the spiritual component to it, but the techniques they use are very good. Once again the link I posted in the OP is free and great for newbies.

BigBoss
11-09-2014, 01:52 PM
This true and it's also easily accessible (couldn't be any easier). While taking a stroll, going to some park and watching children play, chilling on the beach, etc. might be therapeutic, it's not the same effect as mediation... at least for me. Mediation is a time to soak everything in, let it all go, and recharge with a more relaxed mindset... but without using any energy really. I could go run for an hour and definitely have a more relaxed mindset, but I'd also be pretty exhausted. Taking time to focus on breathing is so essential too I feel because it brings our attention to the most basic of bodily functions and reminds us that see this is all we have to do. Full bellies, full breathing... we're good.

Yup exactly. Glad you touched on deep breathing at the end. I've started to do deep breathing exercises everyday.

JEFFERSON MONEY
11-10-2014, 03:57 PM
It doesn't need the word "Oprah or Deepak Chopra" on it. I especially would not take the words of some modern clown who got famous for strategy and another clown who is some hybridized spinoff of Ancient Vedas Scripts and New Age Tolle stuff gone popular from catering to celebrities.

Every man, regardless of their station in life, should strive for self-mastery.

And self-mastery's root begins with achieving a strong mind.

Whichever way you choose, make sure it resonates with your soul.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-10-2014, 04:25 PM
:roll: :roll: Beat me to the punch.

waseem780
11-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Without the knowledge to lead you just follow the sheep OP

tmacattack33
11-11-2014, 02:47 PM
I just do the meditation where you just focus on your breathe and bring yourself back to it whenever your mind wonders off.

I don't really need a bunch of videos for that...but i might check some of these out.