PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant vs Scottie Pippen

RoundMoundOfReb
11-08-2014, 09:58 PM
You're building a team with the only goal in mind being winning games (i.e. selling jersey's to naive 12 year olds is not important). You can have either player for their entire careers. Who do you take?

**This question does have a right answer (not open-ended). I will use this thread to determine who is an intelligent/objective poster and who is not.**

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2014, 09:59 PM
PipBe

navy
11-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Kobe.

dubeta
11-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Pippen and its not even close tbh

JohnMax
11-08-2014, 10:06 PM
No tippin Pippen

RoundMoundOfReb
11-08-2014, 10:07 PM
So far their are 2 and a half unbiased/objective/intelligent posters i this thread (other than myself).

IncarceratedBob
11-08-2014, 10:08 PM
pippen has more rings so ima go with him

RoundMoundOfReb
11-08-2014, 10:08 PM
now 3.5

IncarceratedBob
11-08-2014, 10:12 PM
If MJ was never born Pippen would be a top 15 all time player. He basically has LeBron's skillset yet was never allowed to full express himself on the court

Lebronxrings
11-08-2014, 10:25 PM
6 > 5*****

j3lademaster
11-08-2014, 10:27 PM
If MJ was never born Pippen would be a top 15 all time player. He basically has LeBron's skillset yet was never allowed to full express himself on the courtWhat about 94?

imdaman99
11-08-2014, 10:27 PM
If MJ was never born Pippen would be a top 15 all time player. He basically has LeBron's skillset yet was never allowed to full express himself on the court
Pippen was an even bigger beta than bran though. We're talking about a guy that benched himself at the end of a playoff game because he was upset that he was a decoy. It was the year that he was the man on his own team since MJ wasn't around. I mean, granted bran mentally checks out of entire playoff series but don't compare Pippen to bran.

Kobe is the obvious answer.

PistonsFan#21
11-08-2014, 10:28 PM
6 > 5*****

All 6 rings as a sidekick though. Atleast Kobe racked up 2 Finals MVP

IncarceratedBob
11-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Pippen was an even bigger beta than bran though. We're talking about a guy that benched himself at the end of a playoff game because he was upset that he was a decoy. It was the year that he was the man on his own team since MJ wasn't around. I mean, granted bran mentally checks out of entire playoff series but don't compare Pippen to bran.

Kobe is the obvious answer.
I didn't compare Pip and Bron. I compared their skillsets, btw I think MJ made Pippen a beta. With no MJ then Pippen is always the best player on his team, therefore = Alpha mentality.

c5terror
11-08-2014, 10:35 PM
You're building a team with the only goal in mind being winning games (i.e. selling jersey's to naive 12 year olds is not important). You can have either player for their entire careers. Who do you take?

**This question does have a right answer (not open-ended). I will use this thread to determine who is an intelligent/objective poster and who is not.**

I love ma boy Kobe but i have to go with Pippen

sirkeelma
11-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Pippen without MJ = 0 ring

Kobe without Shaq = 2 Rings

AnaheimLakers24
11-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Pippen without MJ = 0 ring

Kobe without Shaq = 2 Rings
so pippen than

Magic 32
11-08-2014, 11:05 PM

Pippen and its not even close tbh

6 > 5*****

Can't we ban this guy?

stalkerforlife
11-08-2014, 11:57 PM
:kobe:

:lol

D.J.
11-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Kobe. Pippen under normal circumstances would be the better choice because he's 6'7"-6'8" with insane length, can play any position outside of center, amazing perimeter D, and provides mismatches because of his length and ability to handle the ball. The issue is Pippen does not have that instinct Kobe has. Pippen sat himself on the bench on a last second shot in the playoffs because he was butthurt the final play was designed for Kukoc instead of him. Kobe doesn't care if he's missed 5 shots in a row or if he's shooting 8/25 that night. He wants that ball and he'll do whatever it takes to win that game.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Kobe. Pippen under normal circumstances would be the better choice because he's 6'7"-6'8" with insane length, can play any position outside of center, amazing perimeter D, and provides mismatches because of his length and ability to handle the ball. The issue is Pippen does not have that instinct Kobe has. Pippen sat himself on the bench on a last second shot in the playoffs because he was butthurt the final play was designed for Kukoc instead of him. Kobe doesn't care if he's missed 5 shots in a row or if he's shooting 8/25 that night. He wants that ball and he'll do whatever it takes to win that game.
We gonna ignore Kobe forcing the Lakers to trade the most dominant force the NBA had ever seen? Or game 7 vs the Suns?

D.J.
11-09-2014, 12:19 AM
We gonna ignore Kobe forcing the Lakers to trade the most dominant force the NBA had ever seen? Or game 7 vs the Suns?

1)One of them had to go. And don't act like Shaq didn't play a role.

2)That game was a blowout. They were down 25 after 3. If you're going to whine about Kobe quitting on his team, do the same with LeBron in '10.

Droid101
11-09-2014, 12:22 AM
lol

RoundMoundOfReb
11-09-2014, 12:23 AM
1)One of them had to go. And don't act like Shaq didn't play a role.

2)That game was a blowout. They were down 25 after 3. If you're going to whine about Kobe quitting on his team, do the same with LeBron in '10.
This thread is not about LeBron, though. It's about Kobe and Pippen. And it was mostly Kobe, not Shaq.

livingby3's
11-09-2014, 12:24 AM
There's alot more to life than just the internet

oarabbus
11-09-2014, 12:24 AM
How the **** has it come to this?

How did Scottie Pippen get so overrated?

Scottie vs. Kobe? Really?

c5terror
11-09-2014, 12:33 AM
How the **** has it come to this?

How did Scottie Pippen get so overrated?

Scottie vs. Kobe? Really?

I love kobe dude but Kobe scoring skill wasn't enough for me to pick Kobe over pippen. The gap in defense category is too massive.

for you to gasp it look at this.

MJ is better defender than kobe by a wide margin,
and pippen is better defender than MJ.

oarabbus
11-09-2014, 12:41 AM
I love kobe dude but Kobe scoring skill wasn't enough for me to pick Kobe over pippen. The gap in defense category is too massive.

for you to gasp it look at this.

MJ is better defender than kobe by a wide margin,
and pippen is better defender than MJ.

Kobe is a better defender than Magic... so I should take Pippen over Magic too? :rolleyes:

jstern
11-09-2014, 12:44 AM
I understand that Pippen was underrated back when he played with Michael, but the Kobe stans have overrated him so much these past few years in order to put Jordan down that we are now at a point that we're debating between Pippen and Kobe?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-09-2014, 12:45 AM
I understand that Pippen was underrated back when he played with Michael, but the Kobe stans have overrated him so much these past few years in order to put Jordan down that we are now at a point that we're debating between Pippen and Kobe?

TBH, I've noticed mostly LeBron fans doing this. Ever since Bron won his first chip his fanatics have been out in full force.

c5terror
11-09-2014, 12:51 AM
Kobe is a better defender than Magic... so I should take Pippen over Magic too? :rolleyes:

Kobe scoring skills is better than magic
Magic passing skills alone overturned that, not to mention his rebound.

D.J.
11-09-2014, 12:53 AM
This thread is not about LeBron, though. It's about Kobe and Pippen. And it was mostly Kobe, not Shaq.

Doesn't have to be about LeBron. You whined about Kobe quitting on his team. If Kobe quit, then so did LeBron. And Shaq deserves as much blame because 1)He was doing the same thing Kobe was, and 2)He's the veteran, older, and in the league longer. He should've known better.

jstern
11-09-2014, 01:08 AM
TBH, I've noticed mostly LeBron fans doing this. Ever since Bron won his first chip his fanatics have been out in full force.

You have a valid point. Though all time I've seen it more with Kobe.

KDthunderup
11-09-2014, 01:19 AM
Will depend on the make up of the rest of the roster.

If lacking scorers on team = Kobe

If plenty of other scoring options = Pippen

SOD 21
11-09-2014, 01:23 AM
This is a very simple question to answser...

If you already have a dominant franchise perimeter player, then Scottie Pippen is your man as the sidekick.

If you're starting from scratch without another dominant player, then it is easily Kobe Bryant.

Milbuck
11-09-2014, 01:28 AM
This is a very simple question to answser...

If you already have a dominant franchise perimeter player, then Scottie Pippen is your man as the sidekick.

If you're starting from scratch without another dominant player, then it is easily Kobe Bryant.
Kobe Bryant is the option in both scenarios. I don't care if I already have Wade, Lebron, KD, etc already on my team. The cliche argument of "Pippen is a natural #2" doesn't work when Kobe is a vastly superior player, regardless of Pippen's skill set meshing better with certain players. This is just a more respectable version of that "build around 2003 Kobe or current Klay Thompson" thread.

The offensive potential of a Wade-Kobe, Lebron-Kobe, KD-Kobe duo is ****ing insane and at their peaks defensively for all 3 it would be insane as well, albeit to a lesser extent than with Pippen. And with less of the offensive burden out on the perimeter Kobe's defense likely doesn't wither away as much as it did with age. And all 3 have incredible work ethics and aren't egomaniacs like Shaq..it would work.

coin24
11-09-2014, 02:04 AM
OP on that same level of retard as Jameer now..:lol

houston
11-09-2014, 06:30 AM
kobe

I<3NBA
11-09-2014, 06:56 AM
the one with a bigger package

and also, not a rapist

AirFederer
11-09-2014, 09:00 AM
Two best 1b's ever?

Kobe on offence and Pip on D.

Would absolutely not have either as #1 but if so I go with Pip

ArbitraryWater
11-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Okay, seriously..

It's obviously Kobe for me.

As a 2nd option behind another superstar? Pippen. He's like the perfect 2nd option. Mini KG.

But otherwise, to lead my team, BEANZ!

Asiantastic
11-09-2014, 11:47 AM
What a stupid question.

Clearly Pippen.

:coleman:

Mr Exlax
11-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Kobe is the better player by a landslide, but I'd never have Kobe on my team. If there was a way I had to get Kobe, I'd trade him for a nice package. He'd never make it to the inside of my locker room

elementally morale
11-09-2014, 02:00 PM
This is getting out of hand.

j3lademaster
11-09-2014, 02:06 PM
I saw this thread last night and didn't expect it to last longer than 15 min. Kobe vs. Pippen... kind of inane to me, but sure. Let's entertain that discussion.

But, the obvious goading agenda in the whole "let's see who's unbiased/ intelligent (PICK PIPPEN)" crap needs to get this deleted.