PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins hit double digits again, where's the Love?

Marchesk
11-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Just wondering seeing as how a couple games ago he was looking like the best rookie since Lebron.

This dude has been over hyped since before he went to KU. He may turn out to be very good over time, but I'm not convinced yet. He'll most likely be good, but he's had Lebron-level hype.

JohnMax
11-08-2014, 11:28 PM
in Cleveland ?

navy
11-08-2014, 11:29 PM
He got traded for kevin love. Who is comparing him to Lebron?

Marchesk
11-08-2014, 11:31 PM
He got traded for kevin love. Who is comparing him to Lebron?

You must have missed all the chatter about how big a mistake it was for Cleveland to make that trade, and all the talk about him before going to KU and leading up to the draft.

It's not that he's necessarily the next Lebron, but there has been a lot of hype about him being the next big thing just over the horizon.

navy
11-08-2014, 11:34 PM
You must have missed all the chatter about how big a mistake it was for Cleveland to make that trade, and all the talk about him before going to KU and leading up to the draft.

It's not that he's necessarily the next Lebron, but there has been a lot of hype about him being the next big thing just over the horizon.
All the chatter... man there were a few cavs fans hyping him up and trolls pushing different agendas. Maybe in highschool he was hyped, but when college hit it was clear he was no Top 11 player of all time.

Find me some real Wiggins hype outside of the message boards. :no:

lilteapot
11-08-2014, 11:35 PM

Most of that talk is just for trolls to have another reason to take a shot at Lebron.

SavageMode
11-08-2014, 11:36 PM
Rudy Gay 2.0

noob cake
11-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Rudy Gay 2.0

Not good enough.

Lucky to become Harrison Barnes 2.0

Real Men Wear Green
11-08-2014, 11:41 PM
I disagree with the idea he got James' hype. He hasn't been as good as some were predicting but James was the reason ESPN started broadcasting HS games. Very few put him on par with James. If that was the expectation he doesn't get traded.

Marchesk
11-08-2014, 11:46 PM
I disagree with the idea he got James' hype. He hasn't been as good as some were predicting but James was the reason ESPN started broadcasting HS games. Very few put him on par with James. If that was the expectation he doesn't get traded.

I meant on ISH. But maybe that doesn't count. James is like top 3 most hyped all-time, probably. More so because of modern media.

But out of recent drafts, Wiggins is the most hyped. Who has been more hyped in the last five years?