PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry: 34 points 10 rebs 5 asts 4 stls vs Rockets (Best PG in the NBA)

k0kakw0rld
11-08-2014, 11:42 PM
:bowdown: What a player! THE BEST POINT GUARD IN THE NBA NO DISCUSSION.

Bogut was amazing inside for the Dubs. Klay played great D on Harden, overall the team did a good job. :cheers: 5-0 :rockon:

oarabbus
11-08-2014, 11:46 PM
He was clutch tonight. As usual. Steph da killer

fpliii
11-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Love Curry but :lol :lol :lol

http://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/chris-paul-players-union-president.jpg

CP3, Curry, and GOATbrook are a cut above the rest of the PGs in the league for sure. :cheers:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Paul (22/11 with 0 tos today) is the best but Steph is #2. Top 5 player in the NBA as well.

Marchesk
11-08-2014, 11:48 PM
I got Irving #1, tbh. What other starting PG can go an entire game without an assist? That takes some doing.

ronnymac
11-08-2014, 11:50 PM
As of right now you have to say he is the league MVP. He has carried his team in critical stretches of games and had he not changed the momentum in the 3rd tonight, the warriors would have lost.

navy
11-08-2014, 11:51 PM
I think this is Curry's year to be the best. Improved defense, crazy offense.

brandonislegend
11-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Curry is amazing.

Lebronxrings
11-09-2014, 12:11 AM
westbrook says hi

strifed169
11-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Curry is unguardable, not that gimmick Lebron shit type, Lebron can be contained, but not Curry

navy
11-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Curry is unguardable, not that gimmick Lebron shit type, Lebron can be contained, but not Curry
He averages like 23 points in the playoffs. Calm down. :oldlol:

Milbuck
11-09-2014, 12:22 AM
Love Curry but :lol :lol :lol

CP3, Curry, and GOATbrook are a cut above the rest of the PGs in the league for sure. :cheers:
Gonna have to disagree here..Curry looks to have taken the next step as a player..defense looks improved. More engaged, active hands, all around better effort. Offensively looks even more unguardable. Dude is putting up cartoon numbers and his efficiency hasn't even leveled out to his standards yet. I really think this is the year Curry (should've been Westbrook too, before he went down) officially surpasses CP3.

brandonislegend
11-09-2014, 12:25 AM
http://cdn1.bloguin.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/130/2013/10/Stephen-Curry-laughing-on-the-bench.jpg

DCL
11-09-2014, 12:30 AM
the dude could always score, but this year he's playing more aggressive d and even attacking boards. he's been displaying intensity on both ends of the floor. he's becoming a more "complete" player.

SwishSquared
11-09-2014, 12:54 AM
Gonna have to disagree here..Curry looks to have taken the next step as a player..defense looks improved. More engaged, active hands, all around better effort. Offensively looks even more unguardable. Dude is putting up cartoon numbers and his efficiency hasn't even leveled out to his standards yet. I really think this is the year Curry (should've been Westbrook too, before he went down) officially surpasses CP3.
I could see this, too. I think age/mileage is catching up to CP3 at this point. I know he had good #s today but I think he's looked better in the past- I can't quite tell. I don't think he can really get to the rim and finish that well anymore. I'm expecting his FT% to drop this season.

Curry though...I don't know if it's Kerr's coaching or his own doing (CP3 did call out Curry's D in that first round last year) but he is on another level. GSW should be an absolute handful in the playoffs.

DCL
11-09-2014, 01:06 AM
I could see this, too. I think age/mileage is catching up to CP3 at this point. I know he had good #s today but I think he's looked better in the past- I can't quite tell. I don't think he can really get to the rim and finish that well anymore. I'm expecting his FT% to drop this season.

Curry though...I don't know if it's Kerr's coaching or his own doing (CP3 did call out Curry's D in that first round last year) but he is on another level. GSW should be an absolute handful in the playoffs.

i'm wondering that about kerr too. kerr was always the weak ass link on defense, but maybe that only had more to do with his physical ineptitude than mindset. after all, kerr did get trained by some of the most highly defensive teams in the bulls and the spurs. but now, damn, he's getting the warriors to play hard on both ends too.

The_Yearning
11-09-2014, 03:59 AM
i'm wondering that about kerr too. kerr was always the weak ass link on defense, but maybe that only had more to do with his physical ineptitude than mindset. after all, kerr did get trained by some of the most highly defensive teams in the bulls and the spurs. but now, damn, he's getting the warriors to play hard on both ends too.

They respect his ass cause he played and won rings with the GOAT who also happened to punch Kerr in the face during practice...

Kerr was a horrible GM though.

Inferno
11-09-2014, 04:06 AM
His defense really has improved :applause:

Wouldn't say Klay played great D on Harden though, the first half was absolute shit

RoseCity07
11-09-2014, 04:09 AM
Has Curry ever been out of the first round?

Regular season performances are the most important.:oldlol:

aboss4real24
11-09-2014, 04:11 AM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/is-stephen-curry-better-than-lebron1.png

Heavincent
11-09-2014, 04:12 AM

Yes.

Inferno
11-09-2014, 04:13 AM

Regular season performances are the most important.:oldlol:

He's been as far as your Lillard and LMA :coleman:

RoseCity07
11-09-2014, 04:18 AM

So how does that put him with CP3 and Westbrook.

Westbrook has been to the Finals. Cp3 has much more experience in the playoffs. He's a better closer.

Inferno
11-09-2014, 04:21 AM

Westbrook has been to the Finals. Cp3 has much more experience in the playoffs. He's a better closer.

CP3's been just as far as Steph though. Does how far you've gone in the playoffs determine how good you are? :coleman:

I guess Carmelo was garbage last year then...

Milbuck
11-09-2014, 04:25 AM

CP3 has more playoff experience because he's been in the league nearly twice as long :oldlol:

He still hasn't done anything more than Curry in the playoffs. Despite having an MVP caliber 2nd option, a top 5 coach, a borderline DPOY level center, a 6MOY, and a bunch of other quality role players.

He barely beat Steph's Warriors last year despite a huge piece in Bogut being out for GS. And Curry gave him 23/4/8/2 on 60% TS to CP3's 17/5/9/3 on 56% TS. And Curry's impact with respect to his team was significantly higher...net on/off of +37.0 in the playoffs to CP3's +22.8. The Warriors shot 38% eFG with Steph off the floor and 54% eFG with him on..CP3 did literally nothing in the playoffs last year that Steph wouldn't or couldn't have done with the same supporting cast and coach.

Just because CP3 is a more traditional PG doesn't automatically make him the better player.

Inferno
11-09-2014, 04:28 AM
CP3 has more playoff experience because he's been in the league nearly twice as long :oldlol:

He still hasn't done anything more than Curry in the playoffs. Despite having an MVP caliber 2nd option, a top 5 coach, a borderline DPOY level center, a 6MOY, and a bunch of other quality role players.

He barely beat Steph's Warriors last year despite a huge piece in Bogut being out for GS. And Curry gave him 23/4/8/2 on 60% TS to CP3's 17/5/9/3 on 56% TS. And Curry's impact with respect to his team was significantly higher...net on/off of +37.0 in the playoffs to CP3's +22.8. The Warriors shot 38% eFG with Steph off the floor and 54% eFG with him on..CP3 did literally nothing in the playoffs last year that Steph wouldn't or couldn't have done with the same supporting cast and coach.

Just because CP3 is a more traditional PG doesn't automatically make him the better player.

:applause:

Bless Mathews
11-09-2014, 04:43 AM
I guess I'm old school.

Curry had 5 assts , 5 turnovers.

TURRIBLE.

This new era of scoring point guards is changing real point guards. Most important stat for a point guard IMO is assist / turnover ratio.

22 points and 11 assists ( 44 points contributed ) with NO turnovers > 34 points 5 assists (44 points contributed) with 5 turnovers.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-09-2014, 04:46 AM
Nothing to be ashamed of being worse than Chris Paul. Curry still the 4th best player in the association.

1. LeBron James
2. Chris Paul
3. Kevin Durant
4. Steph Curry

SwishSquared
11-09-2014, 04:23 PM

You bring up very strong points and I mostly agree with you. I think Curry should by season's end pass CP3 as a better overall player (mostly since I think Curry's in his prime and CP3 is towards the end of his prime). Curry also carried that Warriors squad nearly to 2nd round while being shorthanded, which is commendable.

I think if Curry had BG instead of Lee then this warriors squad would likely have made a WCF now (I still believe Klay > JJ & healthy Bogut (which isn't often during postseason) > DJ).

To add some context, last year was the first season in which CP3 had a top 5 coach (Paul did more coaching than VDN and that's a big issue) and the first playoffs in which BG played as an MVP-caliber player. He played very scared/timid imo in the two playoff series vs. Memphis (both BG & CP3 were injured vs. Spurs 3 years ago, so they weren't winning that one anyway). Last year, CP3 blew that OKC series with his Game 5 choke. DJ for only 1 regular season played like a top center and had his way vs. a weak GSW frontline missing its anchor. Against Ibaka/Adams/Perkins, DJ played significantly worse imo.

I think in order to critique CP3's lack of a deep playoff run, based on having an MVP-type teammate + DPOY contender C + top coach + 6MOY, you gotta put it in perspective. He deserves flak (and they should have made the WCF last year), but there are some teams CP3's had that Curry wouldn't do more with and vice versa.

SyRyanYang
11-09-2014, 04:45 PM

Damn, don't do him like that:bowdown:

chazzy
11-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Nothing to be ashamed of being worse than Chris Paul. Curry still the 4th best player in the association.

1. LeBron James
2. Chris Paul
3. Kevin Durant
4. Steph Curry
"No one is saying Lebron is playing well"

juju151111
11-09-2014, 05:15 PM

1. LeBron James
2. Chris Paul
3. Kevin Durant
4. Steph Curry
He better then Cp3

Vragrant
11-09-2014, 05:24 PM
I can't believe how overrated CP3 still is.

SwishSquared
11-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Is this (young) season's top 3:
A. Davis
Cousins
Curry

in that order?

Fiasco
11-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Is this (young) season's top 3:
A. Davis
Cousins
Curry

in that order?

Don't forget Wroten.

Legends66NBA7
11-09-2014, 05:58 PM

Aren't Lillard/LMA your boys too ?

SHAQisGOAT
11-09-2014, 06:45 PM
:applause: Loved it... Best PG? Debatable, he's playing great though.

Meticode
11-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Paul is the best PG right now to me, even with the way Curry is playing. Paul is getting like 10+ APG and only 0.8 turnovers per game. That's just insane. He's not giving up the basketball.

Undoubtable though, Curry is #2 in my mind right now. He's basically getting 27/7/6 right now.

RoseCity07
11-09-2014, 06:49 PM

Are you telling me Curry hasn't had talent? Klay Thompson, David Lee, Bogut, Iggy, Draymond Green(defense). The Warriors have a team full of all-stars around Curry.

Your best argument is that Curry hasn't been in the league as long. I think Curry is going to surpass CP3 because I've notice Chris Paul is slowing down defensively. From what I've seen he can't stay with Lillard while Curry is way more capable.

Warfan
11-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Leading the league in DRtg and steals. DPOY? Also leading the league in scoring.