:coleman: :coleman: :coleman:
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

:wtf:

STATUTORY
11-09-2014, 12:30 AM
OP his name is spelled Dwight Howard

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 12:32 AM
I'm on the Boogie Cousins wagon. He has literally no athleticism but he's huge and skilled.

hawksdogsbraves
11-09-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm on the Boogie Cousins wagon. He has literally no athleticism but he's huge and skilled.

What do you mean? Being huge and skilled IS athleticism. How high do you want him to jump? He's 6'11 he can dunk from under the basket with ease.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 12:37 AM
What do you mean? Being huge and skilled IS athleticism. How high do you want him to jump? He's 6'11 he can dunk from under the basket with ease.

I mean he has probably has a 4 inch vertical and runs a mile in 10 minutes.

He's showing me something this season, which is that he can play winning skilled basketball

Cocaine80s
11-09-2014, 12:37 AM
being tall and skilled has nothing to do with being athletic.... the fvck bro?

He has like a 20 inch vert.

Im Still Ballin
11-09-2014, 12:39 AM
I am the leader of the Boogie Cousins movement.

Follow me, brethren.

#SacramentoProud

hawksdogsbraves
11-09-2014, 12:41 AM
being tall and skilled has nothing to do with being athletic.... the fvck bro?

He has like a 20 inch vert.

How does it have nothing to do with athleticism? Dude is 6'11 270 and moves like a damned cat.

The word 'athleticism' doesn't literally mean 'vertical leap'.

masonanddixon
11-09-2014, 12:43 AM
How does it have nothing to do with athleticism? Dude is 6'11 270 and moves like a damned cat.

Yeah thats more about skill though. Raw athleticism to me is speed, jumping, and strength.

Cocaine80s
11-09-2014, 12:44 AM

that makes no sense. wtf does skill have to do with athleticism?

Would you consider Yao athletic too?

hawksdogsbraves
11-09-2014, 12:45 AM
Yeah thats more about skill though. Raw athleticism to me is speed, jumping, and strength.

You think Cousins isn't strong?

What do you expect a guy that big to outrun John Wall or out-jump Russell Westbrook?

RonSwanson
11-09-2014, 02:08 AM
Boogie is the most skilled center since probably Hakeem. His footwork is unmatched from centers in todays NBA

CavaliersFTW
11-09-2014, 02:13 AM
Boogie is the most skilled center since probably Hakeem. His footwork is unmatched from centers in todays NBA
What? OP is wrong but this is equally wrong. Cousins shoots and plays from triple threat position a heck of a lot more than he operates in the post. There are a handful of bigs in the league that have a case as being more skilled than him from the post, footwork and all. Some clearly so such as Al Jefferson. And most skilled since Hakeem!? Shaq and Yao were also more skilled in the block than Boogie just off the top of my head.

RonSwanson
11-09-2014, 02:15 AM
What? OP is wrong but this is equally wrong. Cousins shoots and plays from triple threat position a heck of a lot more than he operates in the post. There are a handful of bigs in the league that have a case as being more skilled than him from the post, footwork and all. Some clearly so such as Al Jefferson. And most skilled since Hakeem!? Shaq and Yao were also more skilled in the block than Boogie just off the top of my head.

I'm sorry, I made the jump that skilled = footwork. I admit that is not correct. But I still stand by that he has the best footwork of any big in the league by far. At 270lbs, he dances on the court.

Im Still Ballin
11-09-2014, 02:23 AM
It is not all about flash and finesse in the post. Boogie uses good footwork and strength. That strength gets him a heck lot of free throws. Can't say the same for Al Jefferson. That is why Boogie is a better player in the post than Big Al.

Just cause you can dream like Hakeem doesn't mean you Hakeem.

deja vu
11-09-2014, 03:21 AM
that makes no sense. wtf does skill have to do with athleticism?

Would you consider Yao athletic too?
Yao was extremely athletic for his size.

Skill is not related to athleticism however.

deja vu
11-09-2014, 03:23 AM
Since Hakeem? Yao was far more skilled than Cousins.

Im Still Ballin
11-09-2014, 03:37 AM
Since Hakeem? Yao was far more skilled than Cousins.
This is true. Boogie is more Shaq than Yao. Uses his strength.

andremiller07
11-09-2014, 04:24 AM
The thing that separates Cousins from other C's is his ability to slash to the rim and fit through cracks (with nifty ball handling) like a SG/SF would, I don't really see the Shaq comparison to me he's a way stronger slightly less skilled young Pau Gasol (Gasol is much better in the post/mid range shooter).

If Cousins was Amare without athletic ability he would have never got to Kentucky or the NBA.

Paul George 24
11-09-2014, 05:20 AM
The thing that separates Cousins from other C's is his ability to slash to the rim and fit through cracks (with nifty ball handling) like a SG/SF would, I don't really see the Shaq comparison to me he's a way stronger slightly less skilled young Pau Gasol (Gasol is much better in the post/mid range shooter).

If Cousins was Amare without athletic ability he would have never got to Kentucky or the NBA.

lol :roll:

ralph_i_el
11-09-2014, 01:27 PM
This thread:facepalm

For a guy as big as boogie, being able to move with as much grace and balance as he does IS athleticism.