PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis

SugarHill
11-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Pretty good for someone who just "finishes plays" :applause:

Budadiiii
11-08-2014, 11:55 PM
Ok?

Can you actually post something worthwhile and inform us on why he's so good?

This thread did absolutely nothing for me. Sorry....

SugarHill
11-08-2014, 11:56 PM
Did you even watch the game?

Budadiiii
11-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Nah.

What did he do?

At the end of the day, it's just a 1 game sample size. No need to overreact. I know you want to prove the guy who said he was just a garbage man wrong, but only time can do that. It's not up to you, it's up to Anthony himself.

Right now, Anthony is just a very good garbage man. He cleans up nice, but doesn't do much else.

So right now, you're wrong.

waseem780
11-09-2014, 12:03 AM
27/11 and 6 blocks right today right? oh and the go-ahead bucket to win the game makin it look easy

Im Still Ballin
11-09-2014, 12:03 AM
Demarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis. Best at their respective positions.

Fudge
11-09-2014, 12:04 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/24f16b6ce04da379a9b9bd00343082c4/tumblr_n54avcTLZp1s5e5bko1_500.gif

3ball
11-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Pretty good for someone who just "finishes plays" :applause:
in today's game, garbage men rule.

back in the day, they were garbage men.

Im Still Ballin
11-09-2014, 12:07 AM

Cousins would dominate in any era.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-09-2014, 12:07 AM
damn moe u neva fire back..........Budadiiii got u shook like Bran in the 4th or when hes 3-10

ArbitraryWater
11-09-2014, 12:08 AM
Anthony Davis tonight:
Game winner.
27 points.
11 rebounds.
1 assist.
4 steals.
6 blocks.
1 eyebrow.

:bowdown:

notatop29pg
11-09-2014, 12:09 AM
Nah.

What did he do?

At the end of the day, it's just a 1 game sample size. No need to overreact. I know you want to prove the guy who said he was just a garbage man wrong, but only time can do that. It's not up to you, it's up to Anthony himself.

Right now, Anthony is just a very good garbage man. He cleans up nice, but doesn't do much else.

tonight was his first game? One game sample size?

you need to watch more games.

Fudge
11-09-2014, 12:10 AM
damn moe u neva fire back..........Budadiiii got u shook like Bran in the 4th or when hes 3-10
lol

moe pulling a Drake. smh

juju151111

Nope, he just automatic from jumpshooting and is athletic. He reminds me of early Drob. His Post moves still need wrk through which is why I made that thread. He like a KG but Raw. I am not sure if his style will wrk in playoffs.

KDthunderup
If this guy was on a stacked team like Bran he would be MVP this season with KD out.

Fudge
11-09-2014, 12:11 AM
tonight was his first game? One game sample size?

you need to watch more games.
Budadiiii has league pass, numb nuts. He watches literally every game, every day. Literally.

He knows more than you. Just stop now, so you can save face.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Anthony Davis tonight:
Game winner.
27 points.
11 rebounds.
1 assist.
4 steals.
6 blocks.
1 eyebrow.

ArbitraryWater tonight:
28 posts on ISH
0 text messages IRL
reduced post per day avg to 43.78
28 mins spent outside
5000 calories consumed
4 washroom breaks

notatop29pg
11-09-2014, 12:12 AM
Nope, he just automatic from jumpshooting and is athletic. He reminds me of early Drob. His Post moves still need wrk through which is why I made that thread. He like a KG but Raw. I am not sure if his style will wrk in playoffs.

Yeah no place for hustle in the Playoffs. Playoff ball is way to smooth and scripted...

Budadiiii
11-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Budadiiii has league pass, numb nuts. He watches literally every game, every day. Literally.

He knows more than you. Just stop now, so you can save face.
Watching the game right now.

Davis is an elite garbage man. His game isn't suited for half-court basketball in the playoffs though. Dude will retire ringless. :violin:

3ball
11-09-2014, 12:25 AM
if a big man reaches the nba (regardless of age) and he has no post game or 1-on-1 moves, he never develops any.. he never turns into what one would consider an offensively skilled player.

david robinson, hakeem, ewing, daughtery, shaq, mourning, sikma, kareem, garnett, duncan, you name it - they all had offensive games and were looked at as offensively skilled players before they ever played an NBA game.

guys who were looked at as garbage men, always remained garbage men... the difference is that today's garbage men are considered much more valuable assets than in previous eras.

today's game has offensive spacing, which has made ball movement more effective and removed the need for players to have 1-on-1 moves or any true offensive skill - today, all they need to do is hit a jumpshot... most likely an open one... or finish plays at the rim... so a simple garbage man will do.

oarabbus
11-09-2014, 12:27 AM
if a big man reaches the nba (regardless of age) and he has no post game or 1-on-1 moves, he never develops any.. he never turns into what one would consider an offensively skilled player.

david robinson, hakeem, ewing, daughtery, shaq, mourning, sikma, kareem, garnett, duncan, you name it - they all had offensive games and were looked at as offensively skilled players before they ever played an NBA game.

guys who were looked at as garbage men, always remained garbage men... the difference is that today's garbage men are considered much more valuable assets than in previous eras.

today's game has offensive spacing, which has made ball movement more effective and removed the need for players to have 1-on-1 moves or any true offensive skill - today, all they need to do is hit a jumpshot... most likely an open one... or finish plays at the rim... so a simple garbage man will do.

Why do you even watch basketball today, considering how much shit you talk on the modern era? If you think it sucks so bad compared to the 90s why waste your time watching :lol

Cocaine80s
11-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Why do you even watch basketball today, considering how much shit you talk on the modern era? If you think it sucks so bad compared to the 90s why waste your time watching :lol
I have a feeling 3ball is some 65 year old who just retired and has nothing better to do

Budadiiii
11-09-2014, 01:00 AM
I have a feeling 3ball is some 65 year old who just retired and has nothing better to do
So what's your excuse?

Cocaine80s
11-09-2014, 01:01 AM
So what's your excuse?
lol whats ur excuse?

you get banned every 2 weeks, your post count should be doubled :oldlol:

Fudge
11-09-2014, 01:02 AM
So what's your excuse?
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Budadiiii
11-09-2014, 01:06 AM
lol whats ur excuse?

you get banned every 2 weeks, your post count should be doubled :oldlol:
Everytime I come here, you're online.

It's pretty sad when I see the same posters every single time I log in. Pretty much means you guys are on here all damn day. :lol

Get a job, mang. This site is killing your life...

Cocaine80s
11-09-2014, 01:10 AM
Everytime I come here, you're online.

It's pretty sad when I see the same posters every single time I log in. Pretty much means you guys are on here all damn day. :lol

Get a job, mang. This site is killing your life...
That makes no sense... if we're online at the same time this comment is retarded since that means youre always online too :facepalm

lilteapot
11-09-2014, 01:10 AM
Watching the game right now.

Davis is an elite garbage man. His game isn't suited for half-court basketball in the playoffs though. Dude will retire ringless. :violin:
He hit a game winner in a halfcourt setting tonight

Take this L son. You don't know basketball

Budadiiii
11-09-2014, 01:14 AM
That makes no sense... if we're online at the same time this comment is retarded since that means youre always online too :facepalm
That's just what your small pea brain wants to think my post meant, when in reality, it means every time I log in, you're here. I look back a few pages and sure enough..... there you are. In almost every thread.

So from those two observations I conclude you're here all day, because there's actually proof of it, you illiterate troll.

Cocaine80s
11-09-2014, 01:18 AM
That's just what your small pee brain wants to think my post meant, when in reality, it means every time I log in, you're here. I look back a few pages and sure enough..... there you are. In almost every thread.

So from those two observations I conclude you're here all day, because there's actually proof of it, you illiterate troll.
says the guy with almost 10k posts.

Didnt you get banned for a year too? how the **** did you get so many posts then? oh yea, because youre always on here too...

Fudge
11-09-2014, 01:18 AM
That's just what your small pee brain wants to think my post meant, when in reality, it means every time I log in, you're here. I look back a few pages and sure enough..... there you are. In almost every thread.

#rekt :lol

GOAT poster done did it again.

Budadiiii
11-09-2014, 01:24 AM
says the guy with almost 10k posts.

Didnt you get banned for a year too? how the **** did you get so many posts then? oh yea, because youre always on here too...
I got banned for a month. It just seemed like a year because my presence is so important here...

1 month of me gone seems like a year.

And don't try and spin it on me with that "youre always here too" stuff. That isn't true for me, so find a new angle to attack me on.

Cocaine80s
11-09-2014, 01:28 AM
I got banned for a month. It just seemed like a year because my presence is so important here...

1 month of me gone seems like a year.

And don't try and spin it on me with that "youre always here too" stuff. That isn't true for me, so find a new angle to attack me on.
:biggums:

sportjames23
11-09-2014, 01:34 AM
So, back to Anthony Davis...

CavaliersFTW
11-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Cousins doesn't even dominated this era... Why would he dominate some other era? Unless having an odd 30 point and 10 rebound game is suddenly considered "dominant"? In that case there have been so many countless "dominant" bigs in the games history the word totally loses it's meaning.

zoom17
11-09-2014, 01:46 AM

90% ISH threads always derail:lol

Fudge
11-09-2014, 01:52 AM
90% ISH threads always derail:lol
What's up man, you're never on here anymore it seems. Missed ya, bud.

Im Still Ballin
11-09-2014, 02:02 AM
Cousins doesn't even dominated this era... Why would he dominate some other era? Unless having an odd 30 point and 10 rebound game is suddenly considered "dominant"? In that case there have been so many countless "dominant" bigs in the games history the word totally loses it's meaning.
You've been watching one too many old basketball tapes, gramps.

Get up to date with the 21st century. Bro.

zoom17
11-09-2014, 02:06 AM
What's up man, you're never on here anymore it seems. Missed ya, bud.

Been busy lately plus I don't really post much this early in the season.Mid season and towards the playoffs the NBA gets more exciting. What football team do you go for?

Fudge
11-09-2014, 02:13 AM
Been busy lately plus I don't really post much this early in the season.Mid season and towards the playoffs the NBA gets more exciting. What football team do you go for?
NFL or soccer? If we're talking NFL, then the Patriots all the way, dude. :rockon: I honestly think they're gonna win it all this year. Moss is gonna comeback and ring chase with em too lol.

zoom17
11-09-2014, 02:20 AM
NFL or soccer? If we're talking NFL, then the Patriots all the way, dude. :rockon: I honestly think they're gonna win it all this year. Moss is gonna comeback and ring chase with em too lol.

I just googled Randy moss and he said he would only comeback if he played for Manning or Brady.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-09-2014, 02:37 AM
Damn Budadiiii goin buck...........
he splittin this moe / Cocaine double team like he peak Wade SMH

got Cocaine like........."BACKUP!!!"
http://www.pannix.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/backup.jpg

Milbuck
11-09-2014, 02:50 AM
I just googled Randy moss and he said he would only comeback if he played for Manning or Brady.
http://i.imgur.com/wijaBAB.jpg

T_L_P
11-09-2014, 03:03 AM
Best big in the league - he was dominant tonight.

Unrelated note, but we look horrible so far.

zoom17
11-09-2014, 03:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wijaBAB.jpg

:oldlol:

deja vu
11-09-2014, 03:15 AM
He's good but he doesn't dominate the 90s era.

All Net
11-09-2014, 05:20 AM
One of a kind superstar for me.

Magic731
11-09-2014, 05:27 AM
Davis just a garbage man? Wow... This dude is legit.

ILLsmak
11-09-2014, 08:20 AM
I was def wrong about AD. I didn't think he could ever be a high level scorer, but it seems like he can getm.

I also thought Jimmer would be a good 6th man type.

-Smak

Paul George 24
11-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Davis just a garbage man? Wow... This dude is legit.

pauk :lol

sportjames23
11-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Damn Budadiiii goin buck...........
he splittin this moe / Cocaine double team like he peak Wade SMH

got Cocaine like........."BACKUP!!!"
http://www.pannix.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/backup.jpg

allball
11-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Nah.

What did he do?

that's just flat out stupid

Dave3
11-09-2014, 01:27 PM
He's trolling because he doesn't like the OP. Don't take it too seriously.

3ball
11-09-2014, 01:35 PM

it's the truth - he is a garbage man - all his buckets are either putbacks, transition, or play-finishing (open jumpers or at-rim looks - BOTH set up by guards).

but in previous eras, there weren't as many garbage buckets available because the floor wasn't spaced by 3-pointers and packing the paint was standard because there was no defensive 3 seconds - this is what a REAL packed paint looks like:

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/573113292e852dcb8f5fe242c53e3982.gif

davis would not be nearly as effective in a game where defenses packed the paint and there was no spacing - these things reduce the number of garbage buckets available and would force him to create his own shot in order to score a material amount.

i can't think of one garbage man from previous eras that could average 20 ppg... that's only possible today.

STATUTORY
11-09-2014, 01:37 PM
it's the truth - he is a garbage man - all his buckets are either putbacks, transition, or play-finishing (open jumpers or at-rim looks - BOTH set up by guards).

but in previous eras, there weren't as many garbage buckets available because the floor wasn't spaced by 3-pointers and packing the paint was standard because there was no defensive 3 seconds - this is what a REAL packed paint looks like:

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/573113292e852dcb8f5fe242c53e3982.gif

davis would not be nearly as effective in a game where defenses packed the paint and there was no spacing - these things reduce the number of garbage buckets available and would force him to create his own shot in order to score a material amount.

i can't think of one garbage man from previous eras that could average 20 ppg... that's only possible today.

:applause: :applause: I am impressed how much versatility you are able to squeeze out of a few MJ gifs

literally can use them in any thread

we call call that the new triple threat

K Xerxes
11-09-2014, 01:44 PM

How many times have you spammed this argument? The game has changed yes, and there is nothing the current players can do about it. Davis entered the league in 2012 and has only been able to model his game around the current league. Clearly it is unfair to asume a hypothetical where he is teleported into a different era and forced to play without growing up there. Were he to have grown up in different eras, his game would be different. It is impossible to tell whether he would be 'better' or 'worse'.

Similarly, the increased spacing means Davis if sometimes forced to guard the perimeter more - meaning he is required to be a better all round defender. And sometimes he has to spot up and shoot a midrange, which he is actually very effective at. It's obvious to me that some of you clowns have not watched him with play. Get over the 90s dude and enjoy the game TODAY.

SugarHill
11-09-2014, 02:57 PM
:applause: :applause: I am impressed how much versatility you are able to squeeze out of a few MJ gifs

literally can use them in any thread

we call call that the new triple threat

DonDadda59
11-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Best player in the game ATM. Don't know why people are hating on the youngster. Personally it's been a pleasure watching him blossom into a force on both ends of the court.

The league needs more ADs and less Hardens. Sick of that tissue paper soft Euro style bullshit, give me some old school bangers.

FKAri
11-09-2014, 03:26 PM

No one cares about that goofy looking fukc. This thread is about Budadiiii's GOATness.

Fudge
11-09-2014, 03:27 PM
This thread is about Budadiiii's GOATness.

IGOTGAME
11-09-2014, 03:28 PM

you dont understand the 3 seconds rule vs illegal defense. Paint is more packed today. 3 seconds rule gives you 3 MORE seconds to pack the paint then was available before.

3ball
11-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Paint is more packed today.
this is easy for people to say so they feel better, but they can never SHOW it.

you can't show a packed paint to back up what you are saying - whereas i can easily.

IGOTGAME
11-09-2014, 03:51 PM
this is easy for people to say so they feel better, but they can never SHOW it.

you can't show a packed paint to back up what you are saying - whereas i can easily.

Im just talking about the rules. Something you have proved that you dont understand. Teams are running different offenses and takin advantage of different lineups. But the rules today allow for people to break the previous rules for 3 seconds in the paint. The reason the paint is packed in that gif is bc the players on offense are all poorly spaced. But if you ran a spread offense, no one would be able to leave their man because of the illegal defense rules.

3ball
11-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Im just talking about the rules. Something you have proved that you dont understand.
uh... whatever dude... you can't show me today's paints are packed, whereas it's easy for me to show that they were in previous eras, so your wishful thinking has no basis in reality.

the shots the defense guarded the most back then were the VERY shots davis gets the most of - mid-range jumpshots and at-rim garbage.

davis would have it tougher back in the day, because there would be no 3-point shooters spreading the floor for him, and the OLD defensive 3 seconds rule allowed players to camp in the paint, explained below.

3ball
11-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Im just talking about the rules. Something you have proved that you dont undersutand.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/b209aeddf6bfaaa9fcaed8eea3c72c65.gif

in this clip, Klay Thompson's dad (#43 in the middle of lane) would get a tech after 3 seconds in today's game because his man is out of "armslength".... but back then, he was legal because his man was "adjacent to the paint", which is all that was required at the time - notice how there is no need for Thompson to tippy-toe in and out of the paint.

in previous eras, guys didn't have to worry about tippy-toeing in and out of the lane like today - back then, the 3 seconds rule was simple: as long as their man was "adjacent to the paint", defenders could stay in the lane... so usually, they could camp in the lane for the entire possession because the paint is huge, and "adjacent to the paint" covers a ton of ground... Furthermore, "adjacent to the paint" could mean right next to the paint, a few feet outside the paint, or all the way out to the 3-point line - defenders routinely camped in the paint while their man was behind the 3-point line (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10695139&postcount=1).

contrastingly, today's rule makes sure defenders can physically touch their man to stay in the lane, by requiring defenders be within "armslength" of an opponent - since players that are outside, or "adjacent to the paint", are out of armslength to defenders inside the paint, players in today's game are not allowed to stay in the lane if their man is outside the paint.

sportjames23
11-09-2014, 08:35 PM
you dont understand the 3 seconds rule vs illegal defense. Paint is more packed today. 3 seconds rule gives you 3 MORE seconds to pack the paint then was available before.

:biggums: