PDA

View Full Version : Cheap tablets for kids to use

niko
11-09-2014, 11:46 AM
I thought Id ask because your suggestions before on a cheap android tablet for myself were great. I'm looking for something for my kids to take to travel. Book reading, videos, some cheap games pretty much. They won't be expected to last a long time, really just mostly for Japan trip, etc

So what can I get cheap and passable?

Bandito
11-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Or buy them books to read.

KevinNYC
11-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I thought Id ask because your suggestions before on a cheap android tablet for myself were great. I'm looking for something for my kids to take to travel. Book reading, videos, some cheap games pretty much. They won't be expected to last a long time, really just mostly for Japan trip, etc

So what can I get cheap and passable?
I would just go to Amazon or Newegg and set your price and see the reviews.

This one is $50 bucks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834738001&cm_re=android_tablet-_-34-738-001-_-Product

Also thanksgiving is close if you can wait, I 'm sure a ton of stuff will go on sale.

niko
11-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Or buy them books to read.

You can read on the tablet. When you go on vacation, do you bring piles of books? One of them is 4, he can't read novels.

Knicks101
11-09-2014, 08:51 PM
You can read on the tablet. When you go on vacation, do you bring piles of books? One of them is 4, he can't read novels.

Not with that attitude he can't.

Thorpesaurous
11-09-2014, 09:21 PM
I know we got niece some kid tablet. She's just about 4, she's had it at least a year, maybe two. It had a kid interface, but could go straight to a basic android face. But it was designed to take a bit of a beating. And it has held up. I'll check the name next time I'm there.

That said, she still uses my mother's Nook more than that thing. And I think a Nook goes 99 these days.

daily
11-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Best Buy has their own line under the Insignia name it's Android based. My sister bought one for her kid and I have to admit it's OK for the money. I think it was less than a hundred bucks and it's about the size of an iPad

waseem780
11-10-2014, 12:40 AM
don't buy them electronics bro

imnew09
11-10-2014, 01:09 AM
Kindle/kindle fire are really good

DwnShft2Xcelr8
11-10-2014, 03:12 AM
Remember when kids could color in a coloring book? Or use their imaginations?

Ppl complained when kids started carrying comic books, Walkmans, Gameboys, mp3 players, then cell phones, iPods, and now tablets.
It's just the way it works. As technology improves, what kids use for entertainment evolves.
When i was a kid, I could go an entire saturday just watching tv or riding my bike.
Now kids need to surf the web, watch YouTube vids, text their friends, etc., to get the same level of enjoyment.