PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance of white american players and big men, new golden age?

STATUTORY
11-09-2014, 12:34 PM
There hasn't been a time since the 80s where there's so many elite white american players in this league along with dominant big men

we are talking about guys like Chandler Parsons, Kevin Love, David Lee, Gordon Hayward, Kyle Korver, JJ redick, Spencer Hawes, Kirk Hinrich

that's a talented group

Now consider the big men, injuries robbed us of Yao and Bynum and Oden's prime, leaving a depleted era in the 2000s that made Howard a household name

But now we got guys like Cousins, Anthony Davis, Pekovic, Marc Gasol, Jefferson, etc

I think you can make an argument for today's white american players vs those of any point in NBA history

and samething for the bigmen.

STATUTORY
11-09-2014, 02:56 PM
is this a championship team:

PG: Hinrich
SG: Korver/REddick
SF: Hayward/Parsons
PF: Love
C: David Lee/Hawes?

1manfastbreak
11-09-2014, 03:04 PM
There hasn't been a time since the 80s where there's so many elite white american players in this league along with dominant big men

we are talking about guys like Chandler Parsons, Kevin Love, David Lee, Gordon Hayward, Kyle Korver, JJ redick, Spencer Hawes, Kirk Hinrich

that's a talented group

Now consider the big men, injuries robbed us of Yao and Bynum and Oden's prime, leaving a depleted era in the 2000s that made Howard a household name

But now we got guys like Cousins, Anthony Davis, Pekovic, Marc Gasol, Jefferson, etc

I think you can make an argument for today's white american players vs those of any point in NBA history

you just named 3 black guys and a spaniard?

I think the only elite player that you named is Kevin Love. And he has never performed (let alone been) in the playoffs.

Spencer Hawes is trash. Reddick and Korver are just like any other white guy in the NBA, which is primarily shooters. Kirk Hinrich, Hayward and Parsons at least can play both sides of the ball. Unlike David Lee, who if brought off the bench in GS, will eat up second team defenders on the block.

Maga_1
11-09-2014, 03:04 PM
You're definitely born in the 00's..

and your threads suck.

1manfastbreak
11-09-2014, 03:05 PM

I don't think that team would make the playoffs in the west :confusedshrug:

SugarHill
11-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Those bigs can be matched with any in history? Come on, bruh

Blue&Orange
11-09-2014, 03:07 PM

no

DonDadda59
11-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Do guys like Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Blake Griffin count as White Americans?

Can of worms... thou art open.

STATUTORY
11-09-2014, 03:12 PM
You're definitely born in the 00's..

and your threads suck.

I'm gonna play YMCA level basketball in spain for bottlecaps and minimum wage

dontgetchoked
11-09-2014, 03:20 PM

lol

hinrich sucks, and where is the defense? nggas will be c walking through the paint getting whatever they want. david lee playing center? :roll:

JohnMax
11-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Do guys like Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Blake Griffin count as White Americans?

Can of worms... thou art open.

No, they don't have the ability to fool people into thinking they are White.

For example, they would not be able to join KKK.

SugarHill
11-09-2014, 07:32 PM

Logic and Pete Wentz might

DirkNowitzki41
11-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Logic and Pete Wentz might

hes half black? :wtf:

DonDadda59
11-09-2014, 07:56 PM

If you didn't know who his father was, Klay could definitely pass as White:

http://seattlesportsnet.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/klays-mom-wsu.jpg

http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000075112793-9jyuh5-original.jpg

And Blake looks like Canelo Alvarez:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/17bf42e90639bbe6d82189cc7f7b3bee/tumblr_mta7ztMp8x1rs5ngxo1_400.jpg

This is the era of the off-white/beige NBA player.

TheMarkMadsen
11-09-2014, 08:01 PM
lol

hinrich sucks, and where is the defense? nggas will be c walking through the paint getting whatever they want. david lee playing center? :roll:

Hinrich does not suck :facepalm

He's been a starter the last 2 years on the best defensive team in the league. He has years of 16 & 5 on playoff teams and has an nba defensive selection to his name.

He is still one of the best 3 & D guys in the entire league and can lock down the best players in the game at times.

ISH talks about Hinrich like he's some fringe nba player, people had him as the 4th guard off the bench for the bulls coming into the season :roll:

Hinrich is legit as fvck, and extremely valuable to that bulls team.

SugarHill
11-09-2014, 08:06 PM
hes half black? :wtf:
His mom is Jamaican. Threw me off, too. :oldlol:

Upgrayedd
11-09-2014, 08:06 PM
What is Tim Duncan considered? He's the whitest black guy in the NBA. And I think he's mixed.

Upgrayedd
11-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Also, Doug McDermott is white and I think he's going to have a really good career.

Also, if you're going to count Marc Gasol as white then where's Pau Gasol, Manu Ginobili, Mirotic and Dirk Nowitzki?

Upgrayedd
11-09-2014, 08:13 PM
This team would dominate.

C: Marc Gasol/Pau Gasol
PF: Love/Lee/Mirotic
SF: Hayward/Parsons/McDermott
SG: Ginobili/Korver/Dunleavy
PG: Dragic/Hinrich/Redick

Genaro
11-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Lopez' brothers don't count as white? If not that white american team will have problems defensively.

dontgetchoked
11-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Hinrich does not suck :facepalm

He's been a starter the last 2 years on the best defensive team in the league. He has years of 16 & 5 on playoff teams and has an nba defensive selection to his name.

He is still one of the best 3 & D guys in the entire league and can lock down the best players in the game at times.

ISH talks about Hinrich like he's some fringe nba player, people had him as the 4th guard off the bench for the bulls coming into the season :roll:

Hinrich is legit as fvck, and extremely valuable to that bulls team.
Hinrich is on my team. i watch every bulls game, and he sucks. He's not the worst player in the league, but he cant score, shoots 3s ok, takes to many jumpshots that have no hope of going in, hes not clutch misses wide open shooters to jack up retarded midrange bricks. his defense is good and his three ball is ok, but this season his defense has been average.

i should say hes not a bad role player, but if youre asking him to be a starter, like he is on this team, then yeah, he ****ing blows.

dkmwise
11-09-2014, 08:52 PM

Any point in history, seriously. A team of the following white American players from the mid to late 80's would murder those guys you mentioned today.

John Stockton
Chris Mullen
Larry Bird
Kevin McHale
Bill Lambier
Tom Chambers
Marc Price
Danny Ainge
Kurt Rambis

AlphaWolf24
11-09-2014, 09:16 PM
If you didn't know who his father was, Klay could definitely pass as White:

http://seattlesportsnet.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/klays-mom-wsu.jpg

http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000075112793-9jyuh5-original.jpg

And Blake looks like Canelo Alvarez:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/17bf42e90639bbe6d82189cc7f7b3bee/tumblr_mta7ztMp8x1rs5ngxo1_400.jpg

This is the era of the off-white/beige NBA player.

crazy part is Canelo isn't "white"...He's Mexican...:lol :wtf: :confusedshrug:

:hammerhead:

JtotheIzzo
11-09-2014, 09:29 PM
crazy part is Canelo isn't "white"...He's Mexican...:lol :wtf: :confusedshrug:

:hammerhead:

You dumbass POS.

Mexican is not a race, and there are plenty of white people (German, Spanish descent) in Mexico.

Read a book you f*cking tard, and be thankful the OP is a dumber POS than you.

Dear OP, your 'all white American team' is hot trash and would get smoked in todays NBA.

And all time great?

F*ck off!

Lets go 1990

Stockton - Price
Mullin - Majerle
Bird - Vandeweghe
McHale - Chambers
Laimbeer - Eaton

That my friend, is a championship team.

nycelt84
11-09-2014, 09:43 PM
you just named 3 black guys and a spaniard?

I think the only elite player that you named is Kevin Love. And he has never performed (let alone been) in the playoffs.

Spencer Hawes is trash. Reddick and Korver are just like any other white guy in the NBA, which is primarily shooters. Kirk Hinrich, Hayward and Parsons at least can play both sides of the ball. Unlike David Lee, who if brought off the bench in GS, will eat up second team defenders on the block.

Spaniards are white though.

dontgetchoked
11-10-2014, 01:43 AM
the title of the thread is white AMERICAN players, not white players.